Aberrant: Mutant High - Ultimate Aberrant: OOC Thread

Dave ST

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to think the "day out" outing might be too exclusive, so I'm opening it to everyone. Perhaps that might have more interest.

Also the Memorial Day Weekend yach trip is still on the table as well.

Also waiting on Glacia. Unless Curtis wants to walk in and up the SCIENCE in here. :D

Sky, your list... if I missed someone add yourself.

Curtis - Resident genius - Cyberkinesis & electrical manipulation

Hotstreak - I don't know - fire manipulator

Sonja - popular white knight chick - super speed / Broadzilla.

Sakurako - cute geeky genius, inventor - she flies

Caitlin - athletic feral - brawler & fast healing

Warren - bully anti hero with a heart of gold - kinetic explosions & power stealing

Oneca - nihilistic hottie & bad girl - entropy control

Marko - sullen playboy rich kid - mentalist

Kia - perky, bubbly, nerdy fun girl - shapeshifter

The Morrigan (Morri) - psychologically scarred girl - brawler & incredibly fast healing

Hey guys, I've seen Saku post a few ideas for fictions up here several times in the last couple of weeks and I don't really see anyone acknowledging her efforts. C'mon guys, let's take a second to at least tell her if we are or not interested.

Now, there is something Asarasa and I have been discussing for a about week and change now and I want to put it here for the masses. The conversation we've been having is the whole Attributes that go to 10 thing. It's not a debate on whether or not to permit them, because they've been allowed since the start, the question he and I were mulling over to how to better implement them and this is what we came up with.

As I have it, it's simply not cost effective to buy baseline attributes to 10. The solution was to look at the Improved Attribute bodymod in the New Flesh book (which I was loathe to do because I hate The New Flesh and Forceful Personalities books) but after reviewing it he and I came to a conclusion that we might benefit from:

A baseline attribute beyond 5 will cost: Desired Rating x 4 / 2. So an attribute rating increased from 5 to 6 would cost 12 experience points (6 x 4 = 24 / 2 = 12).

We decided that a 75% reduction was so low we might as well just give it away, but since the setting is not 'Quantum Gods' but 'Squishy Mutants' than a 50% reduction would still encourage the purchase of baseline atts, but still not just give away the farm on them. The rules for purchasing Qualities remains unchanged, you may select one once you reach 4, 6, 8, and 10 in an attribute, allowing you to pop tens more frequently.

Can I buy enhancements, even though I do not have a Mega-Attribute?

Yes, but please read the following. You may not purchase an enhancement that specifically requires you to have a Mega-Attribute to function. Two examples are Shockwave and Rapid Strikes. Shockwave requires you to specifically roll your Mega-Strength attribute to function properly. Lacking a Mega-Strength score simply means you can't muster up the force necessary to culminate that sort of seismic activity. Rapid Strikes requires a Mega-Dexterity score to add to your damage pools. Without Mega-Dexterity, you just can't muster enough speed to make the blows count. Resiliency also counts, since you double your Mega-Stamina soak first, then double you baseline soak with the second application of the enhancement (in that order).

If you have any questions, post them here, I'll update the rules section later. Oh, and if you have purchased an attribute beyond 5 already, then you may recalculate your expenditures and have that experience back. I feel it would be unfair to charge you full price then half the cost and tell you that you're stuck.

Well my character is more a shy runaway than energetic prankster. I would als put forward that having more than one character with warp is not necessarily a bad thing (and with as many characters and concepts as have been listed it would be hard not to overlap with anyone).

I don't have a problem sharing thematic space with someone else in theory, All I personally would ask is that the person respect my character's place in the game. Don't make it a competition to see who can out do the other and be mindful of the other player so that toes are not stepped on.

Sky just keep in mind how you would feel if someone joined a game you were already in with the exact same powers as you. I'm not saying don't do it, just reminding you to be respectful.

Aradia is a teleporter.

There is a difference between warping and teleporting.

Morri and Caintlin are both regenerating Ferals and each have their place and their story within the setting. It's not a question of two people having overlap, it's like Jordan said, it's about respecting each characters place in the game.

It's worth saying that even Kia could be considered a regenerating 'brawler' since most of her combat would be via melee.

But I wouldn't say she steps on the toes of Morrigan or Caitlin, despite that.

The devil's in the details.

Yes, with this many characters in a game, there's bound to be power overlap. As long as the characters (personalities plus powers) aren't basically duplicates, there's plenty of room for everyone. I'm not worried about it Sky, but I know some people want to do something totally original, so I just wanted you to know there was someone with a similar skill set. Although as Dave pointed out, warping is different than teleporting. Which means I have no idea what warping actually is, LOL. For some reason I'm not wrapping my mind around the difference... which, you know, isn't all that surprising, considering my mind is a little warped itself at the moment.

Anyway, no worries. Just letting you know there's a teleporting acrobatic prankster on the loose.

:firedevil:

Teleporting= instantaneously moving yourself and/or others from one place to another.

Warping= opening a large gate/portal between two places that anyone and anything can pass through.

Among the various nicknames I am suggesting for my character, one of them is "Chell." :D

Yep, my character is solidly in the "support" role for the team: delivery, extraction, and some limited debuffing (for now).

I'll have my approved sheet and history up shortly and then will be starting a thread with my arrival to the school...anyone else want in on it?

I have tried fixing the images. For almost half an hour.

The links are still visible when editing the post, but the new BBCode options and formatting are impossible for me to comprehend. Things do not wrap properly, and it almost looks worse with the pictures posted and the text in a dozen different places. I am thoroughly frustrated and will likely not try again today.

Sky: You know... I'm up, I suppose. After all you might become one of the keys to Sakurako's "Medical/Emergency Evacuation Tactical Plan".

Others: I'm sure it can on be fixed on Dave's side. When Chosen is hunting bugs, he is throurough. At least all it'll take is a re-upload. Hopefully the original images can be found?

Okay, while we're doing things, I am finally just going to start the first thread I wanna do. Well tomorrow.

It'll be a day-outing on a weekend in early April. Warm enough for casual walking around and stuff, and a perfect time for spring and summer shopping. Also there will be lunch (paid for by Sakurako).

It was going to be a Girl's day out, but I decided to be more democratic.

So who's up for it, I'll start tomorrow if people are willing.

I'm also open to Dave throwing in a STish monkey-wrench into things.

And I am still wanting to do a Memorial Day weekend Yacht trip. If bad things don't happen on the outing, they're sure to happen while we enjoy the first unofficial weekend of summer. :D

That's a good question...how do we handle timelines? Seems like things would get convoluted quickly if events and actions and reactions are being retroactively created all the time...

Other than that concern, I'm down Saku...only to dovetail with my previous concern, I want to get "established" in the setting through my opening fic before jumping in with both feet into a mixer where everyone would have met me before, but without any real context.

Also, I should hope that monkey wrenches are thrown...it can't be all Yachting and walks on the beach like a mutant-yuppie country club! Conflict! Drama! Strictly IC of course... :)

,, ,,

Edit: PS...It is damnably difficult to find any pic even remotely like what my character looks like, but the one at left does a decent job of showing how he dresses, and black and white at least get the albino complexion right. I'm hoping I can commission Kazuo to paint a proper portrait.

That pic looks awfully familiar, but then again seems to fit your character as well.

Does he have a light sensitivity to his eyes? That would really fit in with the Goggles he's wearing.I am also going to wait until tomorrow to do the outing thread as I'm a bit depressed today and I'm just getting sorted threads I got going.

Okay, guys. I'm working up an official timeline. This is a list of current fictions and when they were started. Since the three main fictions happen at the same time, I need to know when the remainder happen in relation to those stories. Please let me know when you think these might have occurred- not specific dates, but a rough chronological list. Thanks! :)

Retaliatory Gift- Started by Sonja Bahaar, 01 Feb 2013

Cryogenic Biology- Started by Glacia, 30 Jan 2013

Marco's First Day- Started by Marco Moreno, 22 Jan 2013

Spark, Sizzle, Chill.- Started by Hotstreak, 16 Jan 2013

Jolting Developments- Started by Curtis Shane, 15 Jan 2013

[Fic] Learning Curve- Started by Sakurako Hino, 11 Nov 2012

Picnic Study Session [Mature]- Started by Hotstreak, 05 Oct 2012

[Fic] Midnight PIE!- Started by The Morrigan, 26 Sep 2012

[Fic] Bribing the Evil Glowing One!- Started by The Morrigan, 14 Sep 2012

Moving-in Day- Started by Locomotive, 05 Sep 2012

"Relax, We're The Good Guys"- Started by Dave ST, 15 Feb 2012

The Lion, The Wench and the Warzone- Started by Dave ST, 15 Feb 2012

[sT-Dave] Dante's Inferno- Started by Dave ST, 15 Feb 2012

[sT-Dave] Day of the Dreadnoughts (Redeux)- Started by Dave ST, 15 Feb 2012

What Could Go Wrong?!- Started by Alexander Andrews, 06 Feb 2012

Umm, the timeline is completely off, by that, there is a bunch of months between Dante's and Learning Curve. Although from what I know, Learning Curve was a week or so after Dante's.

That's not the timeline, Saku. That's the list of fictions.

Archived