Aberrant: Mutant High - Ultimate Aberrant: OOC Thread

Dave ST

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so everyone is clear, I am willing to help keep this game going. Dunno why but I suddenly love my damaged little genius.

If anyone wants to help out keeping things going for when Dave is able to post with us, let me know.

I would particularly like to know when the punishment will conclude for the Dante's participants so that we know when threads with our characters being free can be made.

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and gentleman... and Curtis... (Hehe)

Mutant High has been going on now for awhile, I won't say it's ben going strong considering some of our erratic posting schedules, but I will say it's been going. This pleases me. First of all, thank you. Thank you to everyone for, despite my absences, you guys coninued to write and have fun in the environment. To me, that's way awesome.

Second, I've come to realize that for as long as this has been going on, I've yet to dole out any real rewards or amp the story up at all. My bad. So, oon, afte rI tie up a loose end, I'll be working with you guys, hopefully soon, to work on a reward system for how we can amp up a the PCs who certainly, by now, deserve it.

I will continue to figure ways to keep wind in Mutant High's sails... Now if I can figure out how to keep Saku in Learning Curve AND roll with the swerve in plot I think there may be something... shh... pool party...

No It's just me and Natalie... we got free pizza...

:arge:

Hey Dave! I was wondering, with Sunshine gone indefinitely and Vivi not able to post much, could we wrap up or strike the plot thread we're tied up in? I'd like to post with Ari but am unsure what to really do w/her at the moment. Thanks!

Actually since I've had a consistant lack of response from a certain player, I will change up my plan for Learning Curve. Sorry... pizza isn't part of it. In fact I'll probably be exiting the thread if I don't see any reason for Sakurako to be further involved.

If anyone has any ideas (that are realistic) that I can go from here with they will be appreciated. I'm quite desperate.

Also... when will I have my FREEDOOOOOM?

Sorry Vivi - I didn't realize YOU were able to post, and with you and Sunshine both (I thought) gone, I thought the thread was basically dead. I'll try and get some Cirque posting going. The more games I'm actively posting in that are moving, the less likely I am to fall off the grid, so to speak!

Are all three actually around? If so, breathe the thread some life and I'll get the plot rolling on it. If not, I know Vivi is avail (she's sitting right next to me, so she can't escape) so if need be I can roll the plot through and get this finished, if that's what people would prefer. I'm flexible, just say the word and I'll make it happen.

Alright, I've edited a few things and added a few things. I've unpinned the finished plot threads (all except for LWW) and I've pinned a few things like the Supporting Cast and the Places threads. Thanks to Carver for helping me fix the issue with the images or we'd have none. :)

A few notes:

1. The Astovik Sisters will be added as soon as I can find an image for them. I'm running low on incredibly slutty yet tasteful pics at the moment. But fear not, if there's one thing I know, it's sluts. That didn't come out right...

2. I added an image of Mark, the demon spider mutant. I'm not fond of it, but it's scary without being "OMGWTFBBQ KEEL EET!". He remains a prime example of what Taint can do. The original I had wanted to use made me wanna shit myself it was so freakin' ugly, and frankly, I couldn't do that to the poor kid, he's just imaginary, but still, he's a good kid.

3. I added Professor Keaning to the list. He'll be played by our very own Robin Williams. Booking him was a bitch, so thank me later.

4. Ox and the Ragnorok Club are coming soon... working on pics for them.

I was going to wait to post this, but I suppose we can have a discussion while we finish up that hitch needs to be finished up.

First of all, thanks again guys for having as much with this as you have been. It's cool that, despite RL taking it's toll on everyone's lives that we are still making time to make this venue fun. That said, MH has been around since 2009, that's three years and while it did take a hiatus for several months, three years is quite an accomplishment.

In that three years however, there's been no real improvement in the characters or their abilities. So that's the point of this post, to discuss with you guys how you would like to move forward with advancement. Obviously I was going reward XP after fictions and plot run things, but it has fallen through, plus the revamp to kick start this again has sort of skewed my rewards curve, which I'll repair after we hop this hurtle.

So I think all of you deserve something for three years of effort, but what? XP? NP? Okay, but how much? The reason I ask is because if we give too much some players might feel they're advancing too fast while others might just simply prefer a low reward. Others might prefer a high reward and since this might be a one time lump sum reward I'm asking all of you to discuss and share ideas on an amount all of you can agree on.

Let's say we have 36 months in back XP. 2XP a month would award you 72 points. Let's start with that as a benchmark.

Go.

Saku has been here for almost an entire year, February of 2012. So... that would be 11 months, or 22 XP.Since I'm the only new chracter, that would be a major difference between Saku and her other classmates. Then again, she has only also been through one successfully completed plot thread (Dante's). What sort of reward would that deliver?

Sounds reasonable enough. Everyone should remember, you calculate costs for things based on the new rating, not the current one. So Mega-Whatever 3 would cost 15xp (3x5), not 10xp (2x5). And of course, if someone doesn't feel like advancing their character that quickly, they don't have to spend all the XP right away (or save them for sudden power spurts). :D

Yeah, Sakurako's growth is pretty much going to be all the excersise she's getting from chores, perhaps some personal training, and perhaps if she got time in a lab she's going to have a fashionable (and can make invisible) cloak and a visor taht can pick up on life signatures and the strength of a mutant human.

That is what I'm thinking...

I'll back 72. That could be some fairly significant increases to many characters.

I would rather 108. Now before you all lynch me as the powergamer, understand Experience goes a good deal less far in this game than it does in pretty much any other aberrant game that's been run on this site.

The most Hardcore (we all had to sign saying we agreed to the huge amount of rules) lower power game on this site awarded 4xp per month, with standard advancement rates. Granted, that was an Open World game, but I think it still counts, since a great deal of the interactions and stories within this game have been player run.

Now it doesn't sound like much that extra xp, but it really can mean quite a difference. I would ask that we get 3 xp per month. I do believe that to be fair.

*scratches chin*

108? We are nearing a new story arc that will change things big-time for the game...While usually I would say whatever people picked would be what I would go with... I do like Justin's argument. Time for our mutants to grow up a little.

I would rather 108. Now before you all lynch me as the powergamer, understand Experience goes a good deal less far in this game than it does in pretty much any other aberrant game that's been run on this site.

Mark this day on your calendars people, Long, admitted power gamer, made a valid argument and backed it up with data and facts I hadn't considered. As a result his push for 108XP as the reward is a sound decision and I'll back him up on it.

108XP it is.

Archived