World of Darkness: Attrition - Furli Mezzaluna

Logic1

Everything was ready to go. Now to see how many people showed up. He was sure the turn out would be excellent. One, people would come to the Amphora no matter what. Two, it had been well promoted. And by Johnathan Breedlove no less. And three, people liked Furli Mezzaluna. It was the trendy new vodka of the day.

Johnathan adjusted his leather jacket as he walked toward the bar. Patting himself down he searched for his phone finally finding it inside the pocket of the thin hooded sweatshirt he wore beneath his jacket. Scrolling through his address book he found the number he was looking for. August Turner. He sent out a quick text as he approached his destination.

'What are you up to?', it read.

One finger deftly moved about the screen as he set his phone to ring as well as vibrate before returning it to his pocket. He took a seat at the bar.

"Almost time to open 'em up", he said to the bartender with a smirk.

He ran a hand through his hair and leaned forward on the bar, "That remains to be seen", he shifted his weight.

The place had been decorated well. It was all orange biff and boffs to accent the orange scantily-clad female Furli employees who at present were preparing their trays of the indulgence while they shared idle banter.

"Looks like you drew the short straw too", John nodded to the bartender. "What they do at these things", he motioned to the girls, "doesn't count as work. I'm Johnathan" he extended his hand.

Jeremy caught the guy's hand and shook it thoroughly. Suddenly, he realized it was cold. Cold beyond the normal chill of the night now. Vampire cold. Smiling as if nothing was wrong, he withdrew the hand. "Jeremy. You want a Furli Mezzluna?"

Click to reveal..

(13:18:08) (Jeremy): Wits + Subterfuge + Hiding Emotions Specialty

(13:18:13) ChatBot: (Jeremy) rolls 7d10 and gets 8,4,4,2,4,10,1.

(13:18:22) (Jeremy): popping 10:

(13:18:26) ChatBot: (Jeremy) rolls 1d10 and gets 2.

2 sux.

Click to reveal..
(16:16:29) (Logic1): composure + empathy
(16:17:03) ChatBot: (Logic1) rolls 5d10 and gets 5,5,2,8,2.
1 succ

"Me? Hell no", he answered with a laugh. "Not a fan after working with these people. I'm the planner and promoter of this fine shindig", Johnathan explained with an exaggerated if not disenfranchised gesture about the room.

"My card", John offered Jeremy his information, "I can always use a good bartender. Give me a buzz if you ever need work."

"Nor do I", the Daeva replied.

Looking down at his watch Johnathan stood. It was time to get this thing underway, "what I meant was if you ever need any work on the side keep me in mind", he clarified, "I'll catch up with you in a bit."

Johnathan made his way to the door to check the line. He stopped more than once along the way to make polite small talk with the shot girls as well as some Furli reps. Schmoozing, his forte.

As he approached the door he gave the doorman a pat on the back. The line was more or less what he expected. Tonight would go well.

"Time to let them in", he reached in his pocket and put on a headset that matched the one the bouncer was wearing.

The vampire looked over the clipboard the man was holding before giving him the okay to start letting people in. The club began to fill as others were permitted entry after a cursory glance at the clipboard, others only after paying. Party goers made their way to the bar as the shot girls weaved in between them masterfully pushing their wares.

Jeremy watched quietly as Jonathon left. His mouth furrowed for a moment, as he vividly imagined what work on the side it would be. I'm working with vampires, but Sarah is bad enough. Charming guy, but you know how any are like that.

Hope he doesn't start feeding in that alleyway.

And so the proverbial floodgates were opened. It was the usual attractive, if not dull LA crowd. Johnathan greeted the cattle as they were herded into the venue. One hand went absently to his headset as John walked away from the entrance. He reached into his pocket and gave his phone a casual glance before returning it to it's place of residence.

Several times the staff offered him a Furli and several times he respectfully declined. He did however manage to catch the names and numbers of several of the shot girls. He'd only taken a drink of the stuff once and that was on procuring the job. He had to admit it was good.

I'd love a drink. It's the inevitable vomiting I'd like to avoid...especially in public, he thought to himself.

Back at the bar he sat again and almost drank in the mood of the room. People drank, couples danced, women swooned, men ogled. Looking down the bar he attempted to catch the eye of the bartender.

• 1 month later...

Making no attempt to hide his grin Johnathan steered himself toward Jeremy.

"How's the stuff selling?" he inquired. "Looks to be moving by the case. Glad this place set me up with a hustler" Johnathan flashed a wry grin in Jeremy's direction.

Click to reveal..

Rolling Awe

Presence + Expression + Majesty = 8 dice

1d10=8, 1d10=8, 1d10=7, 1d10= 7, 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=8

popping 10: 1d10=10 1d10=8

7 sux

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2377167/

Archived