World of Darkness: Attrition - Excerpts

Astra D.

03/23/09

I didn't find anything today. There wasn't even a little fake flower wreath, or plastic cross stuck in the ground by the guard rail. No sign of anything at all, which doesn't make sense. I mean, NOTHING. I couldn't see them, couldn't "feel" them or hear them... Where, though, if not here? I wish they'd at least give me a hint, or something! Fuck. Am I going to have to deal with this forever? "Sorry, Morgan. We've decided we're pretty pissed that we all died in agony, and you managed to survive. You'll probably be plagued by nightmares for the rest of your life, and we'll do our damnedest to drive you insane when you're awake. What's a little emotional torture between friends, right?"

Or, maybe they can't tell me, and there really is something else keeping them from moving on? How would I know? How can you tell the difference between a dead person begging for help and them trying to make you miserable? Christ, I hate this. Either they can't hear me, or I can't hear them, or maybe they're just ignoring me. I don't know. I just know I can't take it anymore. I have to do something.

Archived