The Matrix: Revolutions

Ashnod

I know that I'm gonna catch a lot of flack for saying this, and I know rottentomatoes.com displays how much the critics feel negatively, but frankly,

I freaking loved the end of the trilogy.

Loved it loved it loved it.

LOVED IT.

Haven't had this much fun at a movie in a very long time.

So, I say, "NYAH!" to all those who hated it.

^______________^

Was going to see it opening day, with my mom - a tradition started in 1999, since Mom's a Keanu nut and I like broody sci-fi - but fate interceded, my co-worker having gotten in a car accident and leaving me scrambling to cover his shifts.

Worked nearly every day this week, with Sunday off for brother's wedding. :P Yes, you could say I'm beat.

But Friday night it shall be, for me. Thoughts go up Saturday.

Pretty cool, though I went into it with much lower expectations. The only good acting really involed was the Indian program, Bane and Hugo Weaving. Everyone else was a variety of hamminess or way underplayed.

Agent Smith is going to go down as one of the alltime great badguys.

Oh, and the next Superman movie? The bar has been placed way fucking high for my expectations on that one after seeing what they did in Revolutions.

I would have liked more ending though. It seemed kinda clipped.

Anyone ever read the sequel to Dune by Frank Herbert? I think the Watchowski Bros did.

Not a bad ending to the trilogy. Visually impressive as always, and a gutsy ending. The storyline was flawed in a couple of places, but all in all not bad.

Smith rules. He steals every scene he's in.

Big problem with the film was that it brought nothing new to the mix. The Matrix revolutionised the action film genre. Matrix Re-Loaded showed you can make an action film and still have an intelligent discussion about the nature of the universe (but then, so does Big Trouble in Little China). Revolutions was nothing original, the Return of the Jedi of the three.

Kill Bill's much better by far. All of my Players are talking about getting some mega-dex and samurai swords and taking the fight to the Nakato Gumi. Oh dear.

I would like to go on record as disagreeing with most of you.

Without any (at least conscious) high expectations on Revolutions (not after Reloaded) I still managed to get severely disappointed.

I will pretend there were no esquels.

Sphere, I've read all (Frank) Herbert's Dune books (except the rumored seventh) but I have no idea what you are referring to. Care to enlighten me?

The notion of a man being blinded yet gaining another "sense" back in return has precident in many myths, ancient and modern. Tereisias, from Greek myth, was blinded in a rage by Zeus after revealing that during his time as a woman he discovered that they get more pleasure out of sex, and Hera granted him the gift of prophecy. (He got gender-shifted after beating a snake. No, I don't get it either.) The overarching theme seems to be that for a prophet or one who is mystically inclined, being blinded only stops you from being distracted from what you NEED to see.

Archived