Mutants & Masterminds: Legacy - Issue #2 - Hellgate Part 2 - The Mouth of Madness

Joani

"We will take care of the problem." Her eyes were starting to glow signalling her irritation. "You don't have alot of experience being part of a team do you? This is a job for a Team, just as the prison was, and as a team we need to come up with a solid plan of action. All of us going up there without knowing where to hit it to break it up, would rely on infintissemal luck to find the right points. I don't believe that even combined we have enough strength to alter it's course. So let's go spend ten minutes talking about it with the others, give Echo and Matrix the the time they need to find where we have to hit it and how, and then we can all go up there and solve the problem without incident."

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Changing it's course, even by a tiny amount, will take more energy than any of us can muster by ourselves," Echo agreed. "In particular, we need a transfer of momentum...a large mass moving fast to crash into it. Energy beams, like I've seen you using, mostly transfer heat. You might vaporize sections of the planetoid, but you wouldn't cause it to move."

"It's true that delays increase the amount of energy needed, but taking time to coordinate our efforts and plan is necessary, since none of us can succeed alone even right now."

Dressed in her shiny black uniform, with golden trim and the cut-out in the chest, Karra asked anxiously about her mother, giving Tessa a brief, cat-eyed glare, still miffed about having her body stolen and being placed in Echo's weird thinking, frail body.

Then the Mean-Dragon-Lady started saying stuff and Serena said a swear, then Tessa and CeeCee and Echo started talking about having to hurry and not needing to hurry and deflecting momentum to energize transport something and other things she didn't understand. She glanced at the tall Dragon Witch and straightened her shoulders, stretching for her full height. The Mean-Dragon-Lady was big, but not as big as her. Bored, she glanced at one of the monitors, watching the Planet-Chunk zooming through space.

Only vaguely listening to - or understanding - what the others were saying, Karra arrived at an inescapable conclusion, brilliant in its simplicity. At least, she thought so. Playing around in asteroid fields was fun.

"Want me to hit it with a rock? A big ass rock? Oops! I shouldn't'a said ass."

Hype had already got changed and was back in the main hall by the time that Watchwoman had stepped through the portal. He just rolled his eyes as centurion made his declarations and gave a brief nod at the comments about teamwork. Hyhpe knew all too well that he couldn't deal with a number of the enemies they faced, and was working on developing a stronger attack. In addition he simply couldn't watch the knowledge that some of the others had. Teamwork was always preferable to acting alone.

Originally Posted By: Watchwoman
"Fuck me sideways," Serene said softly. In the dread of getting out of Hell, she'd forgotten about the damned meteor. Aware of what she'd just said, she quickly added, "That was neither a wish nor a request."

She rubbed her face, feeling the slick texture of her mask. "Okay," she said, straightening. "Let's eat. We have time to hear Aina's petition and then we'll start brainstorming about the damned rock."

There was a short outburst and exchange of arguments which Aina followed with a bemused smile on her face. The teenage heroes had rescued her but right now they seemed… less organized and determined than she expected. Looking at the screens she realized the imminent danger was very true and palpable but she also knew various options to get rid of the problem. That would benefit her negotiations with the Legacy League if she offered to get rid of the planetoid in return of help for her people.

„I’m starving…“, the Dragon Witch proclaimed interrupting the chatter. „And I asure you my help regarding your ‚little’ problem if you lend an ear to my plea. We are still bound by the oath, Watchwoman.“

It was difficult to judge if the Queen of the Dragon Witch’s possessed such power to deflect the Planetoid…

Originally Posted By: Watchwoman

Turning, Watchwoman matched words to actions, heading for the cafeteria. As she walked, she subvocalized, "Hudsy, get me the status of Watchman as soon as it's available." She hoped Father was getting better.

Hudsy immediately responded, „I already have, Watchwoman. His status is still unchanged… I’m sorry.“

ooc: This concludes Issue #2. The next Issue will be an interlude/planmaking session. PP/HP rewards will be posted in it's appropriate thread. I hope you liked it so far. The Interlude will be up ASAP.

Archived