Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - Family Matters [Mature] [Complete]

Aurora looked over at the work her brother had done, and smiled slightly. "You know, Darren, I think Conner's right, you should display some of your work, I wonder though, now that I met him, what you and Netherworld could do if you worked together on something." She glanced at Conner a moment.

"Or, perhaps, a display somewhere Sierra Leone, I know you know the Queen, Conner, Darren has long wanted to meet her." She glanced at her brother a moment, who was listening, and now he spoke up.

"Well, mom and dad might object, unless I could do it anoymously."

"I do know Elspeth, yes, and I'm sure doing some sort of benefit at one of the Sierra Leonne Museums, feaaturing your art could be doable."

"Alabaster and Darren together would be an interesting combination, two very different artsyles, but each appealing in its own right."

"As for Meeting her, it might be possible, She did invite us all to visit after all."

"Hmm, well, let's try and do something for Elspeth, Conner darling, maybe something to help and cheer her up a bit." She put her arms around him, dropping the rock that she had been holding, and relaxed a bit.

"Sense I belive she's going to be busy otherwise, but I suppose that Project Utopia might try to interfier?" She wasn't sure, Utopia seemed to her that it was getting worse and worse over time.

"Short of sending an entire intervention team, i think she'll be able to handle herself. She has her Champion after all."

He Considers. "Still Ayato, Darren, you, and I could pay a visit. All four of us have rapid transit capability, and it would be fun. I haven't been there since her last birthday party. We do kinda owe her a birthday present."

"A birthday present?" At that point Darren perks up, as a number of thoughts cross his mind. "I've got an idea or two along those lines, could create something for her." He was clearly thinking over some manner of attempting to impress the girl.

Aurora laughed. "If you like, we'll make sure to invite you along, little brother, I'll talk to mom and dad. You have any idea when and were dad wants to move?"

"I think, he's going to move out in the next year or maybe sooner, he's gotten more concerned, not less. And I think he's conscidering the moons of Jupiter, either somewhere in the deep oceans of Europa."

Aurora blinked. "Well, now, I was thinking the asteriods, but that sounds like it not be a bad idea. Plenty of water, and with dads and your ability to reshape matter, you could easily make oxygen and a underwater colony even, that would take a long time to discover."

Connor shrugs. "I'm not ready to leave Earth behind yet."

It was clear the nova actor didn't really think it was as bad as he was being told. He was willing to step up his game, and to accept things were bad, but not so bad that Earth had to be totally abandoned.

Aurora spoke up then, reaching out to touch his shoulder and then kissed him. "No rush darling, after all, this is simply where my family is choosing to go, I see no reason for us to rush off to some outer space location, not yet at least." She turned to look at her brother a moment, then stood up, sliding out of Conner's lap. "Now, I think we're good for now, this works for a short visit, I think next time, you should talk mom and dad into letting you visit us, Darren.. you'd love the dogs."

"I think, Conner, Darling, we're done here, for now.. if they want to talk more, they can call or come talk to us." She stood up, reached out and squeezed Conner's hand, before going back upstairs to have a few words with her parents, then preparing to depart, and teleport back home with him.

She laughs, then reached out to put her arms around his neck, kissing him, before responding. "Home, darling, is wherever we are, but I should perhaps.." The cell she was wearing, that was attuned to her went off, and she paused to check it. "Well, they want my help with a rescue opperation, some kids in a skiing accident on Mt. Hood. Care to join me?"

Checking a moment on the location that they needed her at, she showed Conner the coordinates, and then snap.. she was there, only to be followed by him a few moments later.

There was a team of emergancy workers nearby, and a crowd had gathered, who looked up, and one of the females gasped when Conner appeared. "Oh my God, it's Mech..." There was muttering, which would have been hard for humans to hear, but for nova's with mega-perception, like these two, it might have well been shouting. It was in essence, everything you might expect folks to say of two mega-charismatic, mega-beautiful novas, one of whom was moderately famous, and another extremely famous. More then one of the men, or women indicated some measure of envy, of Mech, or Dauntless.

The man in charge of the emergancy unit, however, kept himself and his people under control, as Aurora came up beside them. "So, what do we need to do?"

"The kid's are down there, an avalance occered, and thier trapped under it somewhere, but we don't know where... though we do believe they are still alive." He pointed to part of the mountainside covered in snow.

Connor tooked to the air, His form shifting and expanding into that of The Stargaizer, an older model gundam known for it's perceptive abilities. His metallic skin was a prilliant silver, and everyone could see the brilliant golden light emmanating from his joints. He began flying slowly in a grid pattern, brilliant drive flares showing where he was.

Immediately he began scanning the area. About twenty minutes in, he looked to Aurora. "They are beneath where I am. Do you wish me to dig them out, or will you be able to handle it?"

She was about to do something more direct, to transform into a being of fire, and get the kids out that way, but had a moment of hesitation, and changed her mind. It took a bit of her inner strength of will, not to go with her first impulse, but in this case, having just been told by her sisters that changing could alter what her son becomes, in way one or another, she decided to do something a bit different.

"Let's dig them out, together." And with that, she began to use her natural capabilities, strength and dexterity to dig her way down though the snow, to reach the buried kids. They were about a dozen teens who were trapped by the avalanche, and it would take her longer to do it this way then to do so directly.

Between the two of them, and the rescue team, who now knowing where the kids were at, were better able to help, they got the teenagers, and shortly were surrounded by admirers, which actually, Aurora found a bit irritating, but didn't really do much to show it.

Finally, when everyone was out, she gave Conner a pleading glance, and was gone, teleporting back to thier home, in seattle.

When Conner followed, he would see her pacing back and forth a moment, the irriation that she hadn't shown before now visable, she let him see it, at least. "Is it always like that?"

Connor fnished, signed a few autographs and then reappeared to find his fiancee irrate. "Darling that is part of the life we chose. You're popular in your own right, especially around here, because your the MD. You're engaged to the nova Actor who's an international star. I'd say unless we quit everything it will only get worse."

He encircles her with his arms and pulls her to him. "Be thankful we have ways to extricate ourselves easily, and there's that too. It's "Us" not "you" or "I" or "me." We're in this together Darling."

When Conner put his arms around her, and pulled her too him, she let herself be pulled, then rested her head on his shoulder, putting her arms around his waist. "I don't like the idea of it getting worse, and I'm likely to try and avoid it when possible, darling, but I guess I'll try and live with it." She turned and kissed him, taking her time about the matter before continuing. "At least it has it's benefits"

"That it does."

He smiles. "At least you really have to worry about your image here in Seattle. I have to worry about mine any time I go out in public."

He laughs and kisses her. "Of course it also brings up something your dad said. What happens once our Son arrives?"

Connor smiles. "So, considering everything your Father's said do you think we should tell my parents about this?"

"I admit I'd like to, but I can understand keeping this secret."

He chuckles. "There's also the matter of a wedding. Are we going to do this before or afterwards?"

"We can tell your family whenever you like, Conner, darling. May want to tell them my father's concerns as well though." She responded to his first question, and considered his second one.

"As to the wedding, when would you like to do things? Sooner, or later?" She did have a desire in the matter, but she wanted to hear what he would say.

"Preferably Sooner, though I warn you up front the tabloids are going to explode when it comes out. I don't want people to think the only reason this is happening is because you're carrying our son."

He smiles "I look forward to raising a family with you."

"Good, let's make it in the next two or three months. As to the rest, that sounded like a request for more children, Conner, darling." She tilted her head and kissed him full on the lips, before continuing. "Of course, next time we can plan a bit better.. you want twins, or triplets?" Her tone was teasing, but just on this side of serious, sense she had enough control over her own fertility that she could control that aspect of things.

Connor didn't have any words to convey how he felt so he just drew her to him and kissed her with a passion he hadn't before. After awhile he drew back. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves Aurora. We'll start wth this one for now. Who knows what the future holds."

Archived