Aberrant: No Good Deed - Prologue: Kendra/Quasar

Kendra Sara Varner

Kendra inspected her mansion, the house itself was well built, and quite lavish, she'd carefully planned out every aspect of it, as well as used her powers and knowledge to built the foundation, and the hidden rooms below the house, though it had taken a bit of time, it was worth it, the hidden rooms below that only she knew about, as well as plenty of expansion room for the future, were vital to her plans.

At the moment, however, she should be getting a call from the detective, regarding a few more of that terrorist organization that had captured her. It had been her plan to eliminate them, in a rather vengeful manner, and once her vengeance was complete, and it was almost finish, she'd start working more seriously on bringing order into this chaotic world.

As Kendra expected, the phone by her rang, and as she moved over to it, she recognized the caller id of Gerald Hanson. Anxiously, she picked it up, and she heard Hanson's reedy voice.

"Ah, Mrs. Kendra..." his voice muttered rapidly with obvious nervousness, "I have your information, but this...." His voice trailed off, and there was a distinct silence for a moment. "Ah, please meet me at 47 Canterbury Avenue. The situation is... unsettling. I'd prefer to communicate in person."

"I see... " She considered the possibilities a moment, putting together and discarding a few one after another. Some of them suggested a dangerous or sinister reason for his insisting on a direct meeting, but there were other possibilities. "Very well, I'll be there soon." She responded, and then headed out to meet him where he desired. But even as she did, she made preparations for other possibilities, and decided to be watchful for ambushes or betrayal.

• 3 weeks later...

She looked him over a long moment, considering, before speaking up. "What do you need then?" She got right down to the point, no reason to beat around the bush, and she figured if he wanted to meet her in person, he wanted something from her. That at least, seemed to her to be the most logical reason for him wanting to meet her in person.

She noticed nothing at first, but then she had other things to worry about. It was only Kendra's enhanced senses that allowed her to see the gun coming up and leap aside, avoiding the dart that cut through the air.

"I never said you were giving me the money!" Hanson shrieked in fright now that he missed.

Click to reveal..

(19:51:53) ChatBot: (Novus_ST) rolls 5d10 and gets 4,7,1,7,7.

(19:52:00) (Novus_ST): mega:

(19:52:03) ChatBot: (Novus_ST) rolls 1d10 and gets 10.

(19:52:36) (Novus_ST): 6 sux.

(19:52:47) (Novus_ST): Hanson shooting

(19:52:56) ChatBot: (Novus_ST) rolls 4d10 and gets 4,3,5,6.

Miss.

"Fool" She lifted one hand, and tapped her powers, awakening her control over electromagnetic forces. "You think I didn't come suspecting a trap or betrayal.. you had better have the information that I required you to get, or your death will be exceedingly unpleasant."

She reached out with her control over magnetism, and his gun was yanked out of his hand, turned to point at him.. then in a particulary cruel twist, instead of pointing at him, the gun was cocked and pressed against his groin.

"I always wondered, how painful it would be for a man to have his balls blown off.. shall we find out, or do you have the information I require?"

Click to reveal..

(19:48:06) ChatBot: (Kendra) rolls 10d10 and gets 9,9,1,2,9,10,5,6,6,9.

Magnetokinesis, to control and turn the gun, 5 successes

Hanson's response was a kick into the delicate area, which dealt no damage, but gave him a moment to start running.

Click to reveal..

(19:31:14) (novus_ST): 1 WP + (Str+ Brawl) 4d10

(19:31:20) ChatBot: (novus_ST) rolls 4d10 and gets 10,6,8,3.

(19:34:15) (novus_ST): damage = Str + 3. + 1, 6d10

(19:34:32) ChatBot: (novus_ST) rolls 6d10 and gets 3,7,1,8,7,2.

3 damage - 3 soak = 0 damage.

She shook her head, evidently, he followed one foolish act with another, and after he kicked her, she was feeling even less merciful then she had a moment before. She was done playing with this fool, and she held out her right hand, as she unleashed a bolt of raw electricty, though she still wished to question him, if this killed him, so be it, she would go though his files. She then walked up beside him, and if he could still move, she would put her foot on his back, and push him to the ground. "Crossing me was a bad idea...fool."

Click to reveal..

(23:49:45) ChatBot: (Kendra) rolls 10d10 and gets 2,5,7,6,9,8,7,8,10,2.

Bolt - 7 successes

Still in a very bad mood, she doesn't even bother to touch him, simply lifts herself and the dying, or dead body of the detective up into the air with her, and departs, for another location. At this point she's spent a good bit of quantum, but she still has quite a bit of quantum stored, and she departs the scene, moving to a more private area, though she does give the situation a glance.

Once she's at a more isolated spot, she strips the detective of everything he could be carrying, right down to his clothing, and then burns the body, leaving nothing behind.

Click to reveal..

Perception + Awareness

(16:13:24) ChatBot: (Kendra) rolls 7d10 and gets 5,7,2,3,9,4,9.

3 Successes + Mega Perception

(16:13:29) ChatBot: (Kendra) rolls 1d10 and gets 8.

5 Successes Total

• 5 weeks later...

Archived