Aberrant: No Good Deed - Prologue: Iron Rose and Tomas and Davian [Mature]

Iron Rose

Darkling half-sat up, spitting blood onto the floor, his eyes narrowed in pain as one pale hand clutched at his ribs. A metahuman. He laughed raggedly, shaking his head to clear it.

"So why is a meta involved with sending snipers after other metahumans?" He studied the other man with a mixture of scorn and waryness. "You the one pulling that rat Kusonoki's strings?" He stayed still, playing up how badly he was injured. Perhaps this strange meta would be overconfidant.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man laughed in an imperious and calm tone. "You'll find out when it's time. But the sniper was to draw you out, and you've exceeded my expectations quite well. Pleasant dreams to you."

With that, another bolt struck Tomas down, and the demonic man's vision went dark. In time, he dreamed dreams of the Void.

[OOC: Tomas is done in the Prologue. He gets one passport to the upcoming Chapter 1.]

Click to reveal..

(18:27:47) (novus_ST): final blow: Q-bolt to Tomas again

(18:27:54) (novus_ST): first dice mega

(18:28:00) ChatBot: (novus_ST) rolls 7d10 and gets 2,10,9,7,4,7,2.

Tomas hit again, and the Balding guy pulls everything but [4] auto to exceed 3 bashing soak of Tomas, Tomas is unconscious now.

Rianna hung up the phone and made several calls, handling her finances in such a way that no one could touch them, yet the company would continue to run smoothely. She opened the door when she saw it was Davian, Her face a stern frown. "Kusonoki's betrayed both of us."

"We need to leave, now. Any chance you can get us both out of here?"

Davian nodded and pulled her close to him, wrapping his arms around her. "Hold on," he murmured.

She could feel a moment of warmth around both of them and then the world blinked. Where before they had been standing in the chill night air, now they were surrounded by the chirping of birds and weak morning light that comes just after sunrise. The sound of the surf thundered against sheer rock cliffs to their right and the steep slope of a tropical mountain rose up in Rianna's sight to their left.

Davian let go of her and took a few steps away from the cliff's edge they'd appeared on. "Tomas said he'd be taking care of the assassin and would get in contact with us once he was done. We should give him an hour and then make our own attempts to contact him after that. He seems.....resourceful, but impulsive." He glanced back at his current companion, "The island is uninhabited and isolated, hundreds of miles from even the nearest shipping lane. If you have a satellite connection, you can probably still use your phone. Do you want to stay here, or do you wish me to take you somewhere else?"

Click to reveal..
Attuning to Rianna and then teleporting -

Teleport Roll:1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=9, 1d10=6, 1d10=10

Rianna nods once and smiles. "My thanks. Tomas is indeed resourceful. We have protocols for things like this in place."

She nods "We can remain here for awhile. I trust you were able to handle your matters successfully before the snake got anything. If he tries anything on my end he'll be years in court."

"My assets will be...complicated to attain or disrupt any further than I have already done, at least." He sighed and sat down; his shoulder still hurt like hell and although the blood was mostly drying on his shirt, there was still a small trickle he could feel on both sides of the wound.

He stared at the purple and yellow clouds that were starting to turn white as the sun finally pulled itself entirely over the horizon. "While I certainly wouldn't say this isn't Kusonoki's style, I still wonder. He'd have a lot more to gain from at least having had a better-equipped assassin to send after us. It's.....sloppy. Rushed. Stupid, and Kusonoki is a cunning human. He wouldn't have risked exposing himself unless there was far more for him to gain than just capital for Lexitech."

The hour passed, with Davian brooding and Rianna thinking. Just before the hour was up, Davian's phone rang again, but this time it was the head of his lawyers.

"Davie, man..." Kale Hurton said, causing Davian to wince at the nickname. "First I get a text from you saying Kusonoki tried to get you bumped off, now the police are charging you with murder one. What's going on here?"

Davian's irritation flashed across his face, but his voice was as calm and cool as ever. "Kusonoki hired an assassin to try to kill Rianna and I after begging us to bail out his company. I guess he figured he'd get his pride back by killing us once the ink was dry. The assassin shot at our limo and shot me in shoulder. An associate of Rianna's that I met earlier that night and I located the assassin and were trying to determine who and why Rianna and I had been targeted. Rianna's associate was a little.... tempestuous in his interrogation and the assassin died. I assume that is the murder I'm being charged with, although if there is another I would be less than surprised if it was Kusonoki's. This entire situation stinks of a set-up."

A groan from Kale. "Then you've done the job for him, Davie. Between the hideously ruined body, damning audio evidence, no link to Kusonoki and your disappearance, you're screwed kid." Then Kale hung up.

On Rianna's end, things weren't better. A voice began laughing on the other end, the man who had called her in the limo. "Now, don't hang up," the man said in a playful manner like a DJ, "it's not good, trust me. But, you were expecting your friend, no?"

Rianna hung up the phone and dropped it, smashing it with severa hard stomps of her feet.

"Goddammit. I am going rip this bastard limb from limb and destroy his dreams in front of him before I do it."

She looks to Davian. "Tomas has been aprehended. Were he not, that would have been him."

Davian snapped his own phone shut with same annoyed look. "And either my lawyer has been paid off or has somehow had his spine and brains removed. He had better hope the latter, because it will become true either way."

"Were you able to learn who has him?" He eyed the destroyed phone without much hope. "If he was somehow neutralized, then I thin we can safely assume that Kusonoki is not acting on his own in this. And whomever is helping him is well connected and far more patient than him. We were targeted, I think, and for something more than a monetary bail-out. Do you know of anyone powerful enough that want you dead or destroyed, Rianna?"

"Pick a powerful superhuman the weapons designed by my parents have put in custody, or the children who's parents were taken down."

She sighs. "My parents weren't careful. They made horrible weapons, mostly designed to kill. I fought that in my on way, making weapons that disable. I didn't want to be responsible for the deaths of my own kind."

"I read the contracts carefully, all of it. I saw no folds or unreadable fine print. besides monetary commitments, they net him nothing. Of course he's very prideful, and we humbled him badly, though we did that in private."

Suddenly, they spotted a helicopter flying down from overhead. But instead of coming closer, it started to circle above. A humming noise was apparent as well to Rianna's and Davian's ears suddenly.

One of Rianna's other phones received a text, reading Phone friend- yu r trpped. Surr now.

[OOC: No exit by Teleport, any attempts fail now.]

Rianna laughs. "Well Davian. We have two choices here. Let these bastards take us in, or show them why novas aren't to be trifled with."

She looks at him, only her eyes showing that there's alot more than flight that she can do.

"They're using inhibitor fields, blocking your ability to relocate. A bigger question is how they knew we were here. The only thing clear is that this was planned well in advance by someone other than Kusonoki."

Before Davian could reply, a crack pierced the air and a dart struck the millionaire. His meta-human physiology was much superior to a normal tranquilizer dart, but this had a much stronger payload on it, supposedly if Davian could have thought about it, it could have downed an elephant. He collapsed wordlessly.

Rianna wheeled in shock, but another well aimed dart struck her, overwhelming her system with little difficulty.

The helicopter began to lower...

[OOC: The Prologue is over. Passport to Chapter 1 given to Davian and Rianna.]

Archived