Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): In the Shadows of the City - Chapter 5 Session 1 Progress

Justin OOC

(OOC I am going to leave this thread open, but this efectively ends this chapter in the story. I will put the CP award up when I determine it. You are however free to continue posting as it won't be till tommorow at the earliest I think that I'll get the next chapter up.)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isamu was about to talk with the others as they appeared to accept him when he suddenly was caught by Skyes. She started to talk about the shy girl, making him to get red.

“Hum… well…that must be interesting to fight demons by profession, you really are brave Keiko-san… It´s nice to meet someone so brave.”

"Oh, yes, she's very brave," Skye enthused, nodding happily. "When I start to feel down, she's a very good friend, too." Knowing better than to push things too hard, she quickly asked, "Isamu, what about you? Where'd you learn to do that trick?"

As she spoke, she glanced back quickly over her shoulder at Kazuo. Some girlish instinct wanted to know if he was watching her walking to close to another boy. She spared herself only the briefest glance, though - she couldn't be too curious about it.

Isamu got the bow and showed to her.

“It comes from the bow… I just learned how to use it…” He was replying to Skye but somehow his eyes were looking over Keiko. He understands her a little, after all he was trained to do not give too much information, he was to be like a shadow, but now he needs friends.

“I hope I can be of any use for you all…”

"So...how come we were left behind Kazuo?" Kenichi turned to look at Jim standing besides him, he was kinda staring up and scratching one of his itching wounds.

"Huh, I know this great place we can get some Ramen or Soba, and the owner also is the owner of a liquor store...You two want to go?" Kenichi asked to the two men. "From what I can see, Skye wants Isamu and Keiko alone for a bit, and we won´t get to help Skye until a bit further ahead with her current situation."

Kazuo had been glaring at the receding backs of the two priestesses and Isamu for the past several seconds, the veins in his temple still throbbing. It was obvious he'd heard Kenichi's offer to go get something to eat, but he didn't answer as he continued to glare and grimace at Skye's disappearing back.

"K's-SOH!", Kazuo shouted as, in a sudden burst of anger, he lifted both of his toorimichi high over his head in one hand and then smashed them to the ground with all the force he could muster. The two strangely shaped short swords crashed to the ground with a ringing clang and - to Kazuo's shock and disbelief - broke.

One of the swords broke about two-thirds of the way up its main blade and about halfway up the smaller secondary blade while the other's main blade snapped cleanly away almost at the hilt.

Kazuo gaped at the shattered weapons at his feet, his mouth hanging open in shock. Then, unexpectedly, he seemed to relax as he looked at his broken toorimichi, a bitter grin slowly appearing on his face.

"Heh!", he laughed once and then said softly, "That figures... guess that thing's scales were harder than I thought."

When he finally turned to face Kenichi and Jim, Kazuo seemed relaxed and almost completely indifferent to what had just happened.

"Sure", he said to Kenichi with his cocky half-smile, "something to eat sounds real good right about now."

Click to reveal..
Kuso: Generally translated as "shit"

Archived