Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): In the Shadows of the City - Chapter 5 Session 1 Progress

Justin OOC

Acting right on the heels of Skye, Keiko stood up and held out her amulet. Golden energy crackled around the sunstone in its center, then blasted out in an arc of deadly light!

"Scour the unclean from the world, Amateratsu!"

(Blast at Sayoko, hoping to take advantage of the opening! 16 to hit, for 75 damage! Flare 1 and Spreading 1.)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keiko's attack missed only barely, scourging the edge of Sayoko's shadowy wings, illiciting a grunt from her. She began retreating from the duo of Preistesses, allowing her elder brother and her minions to handle them, before she ended up like her little sisters and brother.

(kenichi you're up there are 12 demons closing in on the Priestesses, as well as the Third head and Kyohime nearby.)

(>_> I wonder if they will be willing to put a rain-check on this fight.)

The Ogre looked up, his wound already started closing but it was a grievous wound, the third head was not to be trifled with and with the sword fighters occupied, he was the only one left to protect both priestesses, one of them already almost fell, and they had to be protected at all costs.

Turning to look at incoming enemies he addressed the sun priestess. "Child, I will need some healing as soon as you can, this enemies are no joke at this point"

The Ogre stood his ground, waiting for the right moment to strike, just a bit closer, they had needed to be grouper a bit closer together.

"This is gonna hurt you three much much more than it´s going to hurt me!" The Ogre bolted immediately against the incoming hoard, the Third and Fifth head braced their weapons and the twelve shadows summoned by them grouped together in a defensive wall, exactly what The Ogre had wished for them to do.

The insane speed of the The Ogre given by it´s massive raw strength was put to shame by the amazing grace with which he changed directions on a dime, a ninety degree turn done in the amount of space most people use to take a step was powerful enough to make a hole in the concrete where it´s boot was very clearly indented and the surroundings cracked and sunk slightly, in a flash The Ogre was once again besides the titanic shadow of the samurai warrior.

"Oh yeah, going to hurt you more than it´s gonna hurt me!" holding onto the Samurai´s shadowy armor, The Ogre rose it up above his head without much problem, but then his knees seemed to give slightly as they bent under the weight, but never to be deterred The Ogre did what it knew best "Let´s get this over with!" channeling as much of his power as possible into his arms he once again decided that the rules of physics were mostly suggestions as his compressed power rapidly fired like a piston upwards and in less than a heart beat had sent the house-sized warrior flying towards the night sky, jumping behind it and even going faster and higher than it, it kicked it slightly to the left as if fixing it´s direction before standing on top of it.

"Man, I wish I knew something witty to say here." the Ogre lamented as the now weaponized shadow warrior descended on top of it´s compatriots and the awaiting orochi heads.

Click to reveal..

Super Strenght roll to carry the shadow

(13:52:52) (Kenichi) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,1. (4+7+12=23)

Attack Roll

(13:48:44) (Kenichi) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,5. (10+5=15)

Man, I can´t roll for shit >_>

The shadow warrior flattened about half of the incoming demons and dispersed most of the rest of them, sending them scattering to avoid being flattened. Kiyohime had the most startling reaction, four of it's heads charging and blasting the big samurai to nothingness as it came towards it. The 3rd head reappeared by the Students on the stage, and the fifth head took to the skies on shadowy wings. "This is becoming tedious. We should go brother."

"We have them! do not retreat!" She turned back and gathered the shadow demons up again, preparing for another round of attacks.

The 3rd head reached out and snapped the neck of one of the girls in Keiko's class, the sickening crunch illiciting a smile from him. "The students were terrified, and now there was no one close to stop the murderous demon from slaughtering them.

(Kazuo you're up)

Kazuo cursed as he just barely managed to evade the monster's most recent volley of attacks. He immediately lunged at the hydra again, attempting to finish the job that he'd started and take the beast out of the fight for good, but he'd been thrown off-balance by the creature's relentless assault and his swords swung at its armored hide without their usual fierce accuracy and brutal grace.

He just hoped it would still be enough.

Click to reveal.. (Combat Rolls)
Defense: (10:14:36) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,4. (3+4) + 8 = 15, Success.

Two-Weapon Attack 1 (Body Vamp): (10:18:27) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,1. (2+1) + 12 = 15DC.

Two-Weapon Attack 2 (Health Vamp): (10:18:32) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,3. (2+3) + 12 = 17. Kenichi, that's what you call shitty rolling. wink

Even Wounded, Kiyohime managed to evade Kazuo's attacks. Thankfully the massive Hydra had already used alot of power to blast the samurai to nothingness, and it didn't attack Kazuo in response, it's heads once again charging up for another attack.

(skye you're up)

Skye heard the crunch of the girl’s neck like a cat hears the rattle of a treat container. She spun back toward the stage, her pretty face contorting with rage. “Hey! Schwanzlutscher! Warum hast du das Leben Unschuldiger zu zerstören? Laß sie in Ruhe! Komm nimm mich, dumme Arschloch!

Despite her impassioned cries, the third head didn’t turn his attention away from the kids he was slaughtering, and Skye did the only thing she could at this distance; she braced herself and prepared an attack with her offensive fan, holding the defensive strike for her protection. She screamed, “ Wrath of the Northern Wind!” and threw it with all her might at the Third Head.

The attack seemed buoyed by her passion and heart and flew straight and true at the monster. Shards of ice slashed through the air from the edge of the fan, thrown from a lining of silver that enveloped the weapon. Razor sharp and shimmering with a silvered aura, the ice slammed into the demonic head with the force of a young girl's rage at a cruel world.

Click to reveal..
Translation: “Cocksucker! Why do you have to destroy innocent lives? Leave them alone! Come take me, stupid asshole!”

Skye’s rolls: 1d6=6, 1d6=6, 1d6=6, 1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d6=2

Attack #1: 6,6! Auto hit, double damage! 128 damage

Total Forcefield ranks: 8, total rating: 32

Defense #1: 6,4 – 19

Defense #2: 4,2 – 14

The Ice hit him just as he went to grab another student, freezing his entire left side. He roared in pain and looked back to Skye. "Kiyohime! Destroy her!" The ice encasing his side was causing him great pain, as he coughed blood onto the far wall.

(Victor go ahead and post please, then it's Keiko and Kenichi)

Isamu heard that was a battle occurring somewhere. It took a while to reach the place and he saw a Demon running form some students. He got his bow and preparing his Light Arrow.

“Do not run away.” He says he shoots an light beam into the Demon.

Quote:
Roll(2d6)+6:

1,3,+6

Total:10

The arrow of light pierced Sayoko's stomach and with a scream she fell to the ground. In an instant the remaining shadow demons vanished as their master's life began to fade. The 3rd head watched his sister fall, and snarled. "You bastards." He looked once more at the priestesses and scowled.

"An Interloper won't save you next time."

"Kiyohime handle it."

In an instant he vanished, Leaving only the wounded Hydra there to fight the champions. Blood pooled around Sayoko on the ground, even as her shadowy wings began to evaporate

Keiko glanced up at the towering heads of the hydra, then down at Sayoko's diminishing form. The sealing ceremony would leave them wide open to the beast's attacks. They had to dispose of it first!

She threw her hand out towards the Hydra, and her amulet responded with a blast of pure white light that cut a line through the air and slashed at the monster's heart!

(http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2514956/ That's a 15 to hit, doing 75 damage, Spreading 1, Flare 1)

The ogre was dissapointed, his dive bomb did not deal as much of a lethal blow as he had hoped, but the Hydra was showing signs of being worn down, unlike the rest of the demons this one was directly linked to one of the heads, hopefully getting rid of it was permanent and not temporary.

Looking around the "battlefield" the only things left where Kiyohime and the humans, this was good, with Sayoko dead and the third head on retreat, this meant that the captive humans were free to go, except for the dead one, poor bastard.

Using it´s miraculous speed, the Ogre got onto the amphitheater besides the captive humans, looking down on them, his tail made short work of the ropes bounding them. "LEAVE" was the only word to escape his mouth, it was not shouted or a suggestion, it was an order directed at them. Most of them were still in capable conditions to run away.

Right after, the Ogre left the amphitheater looking towards Kiyohime. "Come over here cutie, papa just wants to split you open and eat your heart out." Looking to his surroundings, he grabs onto a light post ripping it off from the ground.

Jumping on the air like a fantasy knight, the Ogre used the light post like an improvised lance as it tried to impale it into Kiyohime.

Click to reveal..

Attack Roll Melee

(13:50:19) (TheOgre) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,4. [5,4,9 = 18 to hit)

Melee Defense Roll

(13:50:55) (TheOgre) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,3. [1,3,9 = 14 Melee defense...

Two of the Hydra's heads unleashed a blast, vaporizing the lampost before it could hit it, and another bat the Ogre aside. It was hurt but clearly not done yet.

It didn't move for a moment, and those close could see the wounds on it's body began to heal rapidly.

(Kazuo you're up)

"Why don't you die, you giant ugly motherfucker?!", Kazuo screamed at the multi-headed beast. He was getting seriously tired of hacking and slashing at the stupid thing, and he was getting particularly tired of being the only one in the group who had to do it standing right bloody next to the giant, fireball-spitting, multi-headed monster from hell!

But that was life, so he once again lunged at the thing and attempted to impale with his toorimichi.

Click to reveal.. (Kazuo's Actions)
Body-Vamp Attack: (20:56:35) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,5. (2+5) + 12 = 19 - 1 (for two weapon attack) = 18.

Health-Vamp Attack: (20:56:43) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,1. (5+1) + 12 = 18 - 1 = 17.

Defense: (20:57:01) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 2d6 and gets 4,2. (4+2) + 8 = 14.

Skye hurried over to the fallen demon, looking to Keiko and waiting for her to finish her part of the incantation. When it came to her turn, Skye rushed her part, trying to get through it before something came back.

It was a mistake.

Click to reveal..
Skye's soul roll: 10

1d6=1, 1d6=4 = 5,5

Man, she can't make one of these ritual checks to save her life. Literally. :P

Keiko hurries to the fallen demon's side, but she doesn't rush the spirit chant. She produces some okfuda from inside her miko outfit and shakes them, offering a couple to Skye as well. All the while she murmurs the invocation to Amateratsu to bind and seal the living incarnation of Orochi away from the world, to hold her unable to do harm.

Light shone down from above through a break in the clouds, transfixing the moment like a needle might spear a bug in a collection. For that instant, long as it seemed, there was peace even on the battlefield and a warm presence briefly moved over the warriors.

(Keiko rolls 17)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2523563/

Sayoko's sealing didn't go as planned, Skye just hadn't had the practice she needed. A borched incantation later, the coin shone with a demonic gleam, But Skye's shadow was not her own. "Hello, Lunar Preistess." came the dark whispered voice, ephemeral as a ghost.

"Was zur Hölle?" Skye exclaimed at the end of the ritual. Experimentally, she put down the coin and listened again.

"Not so fast, Priestess," the all-too-familiar voice at her feet said again. Skye looked down, but all she saw was her shadow. Her shadow waved at her. Skye yelped in shock and stepped backward, but Sayoko was right with her, as close as her own shadow - literally. "Now you're catching on. I swear, the last Lunar Priestess wasn't this dim. I blame the modern schools."

"Shut up!" Skye hissed, batting away the tears that were rising. Why her? What had she done to deserve this? Regardless of the fact that the universe could have given her a list in answer to that question, Skye had yet to learn that what you deserved to get wasn't always what you got.

She looked at Keiko, a hair's breath from panic. "I can still hear her! It's like the coin, but worse!"

Click to reveal..
Was zur Hölle? - What the Hell?

"Eh?!", grunted Kazuo upon hearing Skye's words. "Nandayo?! That bitch is still alive?"

Kazuo's toorimichi were back up in his hands in an instant as he came rushing over to stand beside the priestesses and the fallen Demon Lord. His good eye glared at her for a moment and then he looked from the Solar to the Lunar Priestess, doubt, uncertainty and rage written on his face. Kazuo did just fine when it came to kicking the shit out of stuff (and when it came to getting the shit kicked out of him - but that was a touchy subject), but all this magic and ceremony crap was totally out of his depth. He had no idea how to help or hinder his teammates as they fought to seal this monstrous bitch in hell.

"Che!", he muttered as he turned his one eye back to Sayoko's unmoving body. "Wutta we do?", he finally exclaimed. He held up one of his mongrel blades a little and hesitantly offered, "I could..."

He left the offer to lay into the Head's prone body again with his swords unsaid; it sounded stupid, even to him. But the look on Skye's face had him worried. Not that he was about to admit, even to himself, that it was because the look was on Skye's face that made him worry like this.

Click to reveal..
Nandayo - Nani means 'what?'. By adding the suffix -de to the end the emphasis is changed so that "What?" becomes more like "What?!?", and by adding the suffix -dayo to the end the emphasis is further changed to something better translated as "What the hell?!"

Keiko turned and grabbed Skye's hands in her own, trying to comfort the other girl.

"The seal almost failed...I managed to save it, but I think we missed the coin. She must have gone into something else, but it can't have been far. Don't panic. I'm sure whatever we did wrong, it can be fixed. Okay? And no matter what went wrong, we still got her. The head is sealed. Orochi's weaker now."

Skye nodded carefully, fighting back her tears to hiccups. "I know... I know where she is." She looked down at the ground, where her shadow refused to hold Keiko's shadow's hands. The moment the others followed her gaze, the hands snapped into place and Skye's shadow looked normal. Skye grimaced in anger. Was the Hündin going to play games with her credibility now?

"I messed up the ritual... again. I'm the one... the one who gets punished for it. Keiko, Kazuo... She's sealed in my shadow," Skye whispered, and to her shame, that started the tears again. To Keiko's surprise, the pale girl lunged forward and threw her arms around the temple maiden. Skye had never sought physical comfort from any of the other hunters, but now she clung to Keiko, shaking. A little unnerving was that though she cried, she did it in near silence, with only the hitches in her breathing providing an audio clue.

She was only there a moment before Keiko felt her pull herself together. Skye straightened, wiped her face and muttered, "Ich brauche etwas zu trinken." She glanced at Kazuo, misery clear on her features despite her attempt to hide it, and asked, "After we go to the temple, you wanna go out for a bit?"

Click to reveal..
Hündin - bitch

Ich brauche etwas zu trinken. - I need something to drink.

Keiko was startled, but she reacted out of instinct to Skye's misery and hugged the other girl hard, as if she could compress comfort through her skin.

She didn't understand German, but she recognized the look in Skye's eyes and it filled her with dread. This HAD to stop! She wasn't sure what to do, but she had to do something!

"Skye," Keiko said urgently. "Don't go out tonight. Please."

"Baka yatten-ja neyo!", Kazuo growled at Skye, his worry expressed as frustration and anger (as always). "Worry about that baita first! Then we can talk about what to do tonight!"

His good eye jerked from Skye, down to her shadow, and back to Skye; Kazuo couldn't see anything weird about his gaijin friend's shadow, but that didn't concern him - he sucked as at anything spiritual and he knew it - he would be the last person to be able to detect whatever was wrong with her shadow. And besides, Skye might have a list of personal flaws longer than his chin-chin (which made the list damned long, in Kazuo's not-so-modest opinion), but he didn't think she'd lie about something like this.

Kazuo looked from Skye over to Keiko, and then back down at the shadow attached to Skye. He hated this - things like this made him feel so helpless and useless - why couldn't it just be something he could hit?! Kazuo's eye looked back to Keiko. If there was someone in their sorry group who knew how to handle stupid spirit stuff, it was her.

"Kuso...", he muttered angrily under his breath.

Click to reveal..
Baka yatten-ja neyo: Means, "don't act stupid".

Baita: Means "bitch" or "whore".

Chin-chin: Child's word for "penis".

Kuso: Generally translated to mean "shit".

The Ogre receded, it was tired and there were no enemies, consciousness started washing over as Kenichi´s awareness increased and overtook the ogres control of his body.

A quick message was relayed between the Ogre and Kenichi as they switched place "You win some, lose some. I say you came on top this time."

Kenichi retook control of his body on the scene, standing shirtless his first thought was to make a joke, but he bit his tongue as he saw the scene in front of him. Kazuo stood angry above Skye and Keiko, the Lunar priestess was on the arms of Keiko, her breathing ragged and for a bit Kenichi felt dread at the thought of her being hurt, he walked forward quietly standing on the opposite side of Kazuo, as he walked Skye got up from Keiko´s arms without any visible physical injuries, she spoke in german and both Keiko and Kazuo berated her.

Finally breaking his silence he piped up "I...What happened? I just came back to myself, and at least it seems we won...right?" Kenichi wondered where all of their fellow hunters were, they started being twelve and at this scene only four stood, some he felt like ha had not seen in months or ever at all.

"Whatever happened, Sayoko is dead, that´s one less head, a weakened Orochi, and that´s dozens of humans that will not be attacked by shadows on the night. Anything that comes up, we can fix it, right Skye? Keiko?" Kenichi´s attempt at cheering up the team slightly seemed to be going down in flames.

Quote:
Roll(2d6)+4:
6,6,+4
Total:16

Isamu looked around to the others students. He starte dto feel uncofortable in the presence of strange people, but he needs to get allies in this war.

"Sorry for the interruption..." He says for them.

Skye's shadow suddenly moved. "Murderer!" Sayoko shrieked and it was loud enough that Keiko heard it as a whisper. Skye's shadow snaked toward the newcomer, hands becoming claws and slashing with wicked hate.

But they found no purchase in Isamu's flesh or even his shadow. Sayoko howled with rage as she realized her own impotence. She was truly bound within Skye's shadow; she could speak and move it, but little more.

Skye glanced at the others to make sure that they saw it, too. She looked at Kenichi and said, "I failed to do the binding ritual properly." The words stuck in her throat, but she swallowed and went on, "She's bound, but not in the coin, like she was supposed to be. She's caught... in my shadow. Literally."

Speaking to the group at large, she said, "I don't know that we can do anything. Do we dissolve the binding just to try again, knowing that we might fail for real? I don't know that we can risk that." Skye blinked back more tears, hating what she was about to say but knowing that it must be said. "In fact, I don't want us to try." She hated this; hated living with a demon almost in her skin. She wouldn't be able to escape this - not without a bottle, anyway. And she was so thirsty.

"Keiko, if someone at the temple has a safe way to do this, good, we'll try. But I don't want to fight her again just because I wasn't strong enough to take some Schwanzlutscher Stück Abfall running her Samen fangen Loch at me." She tried to sound brave and determined.

She glanced at Isamu and added, "And she seems to blame you for killing her. Were you the one who fired the arrow?" She took another look at him and felt her interest rise. Guter Gott! He's cute. Like... cute as Henry and not a demon. She gave him a more interested smile. Anything to take her mind off of what was happening to her.

Click to reveal..
Schwanzlutscher Stück Abfall - cocksucker piece of trash

Samen fangen Loch - semen catching hole

Guter Gott! - Good God!

Ah, Skye is so delicate. laugh

Isamu gets upset with the man who treated him like a child.

But a shadow came to him with claws and he almost shoots her when she suddenly stopped.

That shadow belongs to one girl who start to talk with him and sometimes uses a totally strange language to him, but she seems friendly when talk smiling to him.

“Yes, it was me. I´m sorry if that gave you any inconvenience…”

"Inconvenience?" Skye asked with a happy grin. "I wish there were more inconveniences like that in our lives. You took out a demon, one whom we were trying to take out."

She gave him a bow and added, "I'm Skye Fell. It's a pleasure to meet you and you have been a great help to us. Thank you." She straightened with a smile, resisting the urge to play with her hair. She did start to smooth down her shirt-

Only to touch her bared stomach through the giant 'X' slashed in the fabric.

Blood flew to her cheeks as Skye made a sound between a shriek and a 'meep'. Spinning around and putting her back to the group, she pulled the slashed, bloodied edges of her shirt back together and held them with her hands.

Sayoko laughed at her. "Stupid whore," the trapped demon sneered. The upside to that remark was that her mortification simply morphed into rage. The downside was that it put her in a bad mood, perhaps one that even a smile from a really cute boy couldn't lift.

"So that's it?!", demanded Kazuo and jabbed a finger at Skye's shadow, "We're just gonna leave that busu in there?!"

Kazuo couldn't believe what he was hearing from the Lunar Priestess. Of course it would be better to let the bitch out and fight her all over again, if that's what it took!

He would have said more, but some random kid with a bow had showed up and started trying to make friends or some shit. Kazuo scowled at Isamu with his good eye while he traded words with Kenichi and Skye. Anybody watching him probably would've thought he was about to kick the poor kid's ass for interrupting, but then he smiled.

"Geheheh...", Kazuo chuckled as he took a step towards Isamu. "'Inconvenience'?", he asked, his trademarked razor sharp grin on his face, "Shit, kid, that's just about the least inconvenient thing that's happened all night. Great shot!"

Kazuo continued to smile at the newcomer for another second, and then the smile vanished right off his face and was replaced by his equally trademarked one-eyed scowl. "Now, who the hell're you, gaki?"

Click to reveal..
Busu: Another word for 'bitch'.

Gaki: 'brat', 'punk'.

Isamu was not sure if they were really friends, so he kept a little distance from anyone. “Never let someone gets closer to you them necessary, even if they seem friends” his father always told him.

“I´m Mayumi Isamu, nice to meet you. I was hiding from the monsters and demons, trying to get out of here, but I couldn´t do. Just before I had detected you and came to get and offer help.” He says with a low voice, trying to do not call too much attention.”

Skye gave up tying her shredded shirt together and turned, still holding it shut. She wanted to lay into Kazuo for being so mean to the new kid, but his words were hard to ignore. She'd been prepared to accept her fate, but he'd stirred her up again. Skye clenched her fists around handfuls of shirt as she realized he'd made her hope again with just a few words. She hated him for that, a little. It was easier to just take the kick in the teeth; fighting it sucked.

"Fine, Kazuo!" she snapped angrily. "We'll go ask Keiko's grandfather about this, if it will get you to shut die Holle up ! And before you get more stupid and huffy, I don't even know how to unbind the seals we've done. We're not supposed to undo them! We're supposed to seal them, Dummkoph!"

She turned so that she was half-facing away from Kazuo. With clear effort, she drew herself up, rebuilding her dignity before their eyes, despite the shredded shirt. "We should get back to the temple," she said, her voice almost even. "Isamu, would you like to come with us? At the very least, we owe you dinner for your help." She flashed him a gorgeous smile that didn't belong on the troubled, blood-covered girl in the shredded clothing.

Click to reveal..
dummkoph - idiot

Keiko beamed at the newcomer and waved. Her heart fluttered at his handsomeness, but only a little. She knew by now how things worked. Boys liked girls like Skye. They came to Keiko if they needed help or to copy answers or if someone 'dependable' was the order of the day...then go on about their business and forget her entirely. And it was all right. It wasn't as if she could have a husband anyway, so what would the point be?

"Fine, Kazuo!" [skye] snapped angrily. "We'll go ask Keiko's grandfather about this, if it will get you to shut die Holle up!"

"Eh?! Nandate?!", Kazuo growled, the veins in his temple practically throbbing in angry indignation at Skye's words. "Fine", he retorted impotently, "it will!"

"And before you get more stupid and huffy, I don't even know how to unbind the seals we've done", Skye continued. "We're not supposed to undo them! We're supposed to seal them, Dummkoph!"

"I'll give ya somethin' ta seal 'die Holle' with, patsukin!", Kazuo grumbled under his breath as Skye turned away. Unconsciously mirroring Skye, Kazuo himself half turned away, making an even more obvious effort to rein himself in. He didn't look to be having much success.

Click to reveal..
Nandate: "What'd you say?!"

Patsukin: "Dumb blonde".

As Skye invites him he bows to her. The smile she gave to him made him feel a lot better, without noticing it his face showed the relief it was to be surrounded by gentle people.

“I would appreciate that.” His voice betrayed how happy he was, although it was still low.

He them noticed a shy girl away from him and she waved. He opens a shy smile, but gentle to her. She was so concentrated on her thoughts that Isamu start to ponder if she saw him, so he waved back to be sure.

“Hi….” He says.

"Oh I´m sorry, I did not realize you were the one who finished off Sayoko, I guess he conveniently forgot to mention it." Kenichi approached the young man. "I´m Kenichi, nice to meet you." Kenichi offered his hand. "and I agree with Skye, we at the very least owe you a meal for this."

Skye looked from Isamu to Keiko and back again. Her eyes lit up and she hid a smile as she thought, Does Keiko like him? I don't blame her, he's cute! Let's see what I can do to help.

"Then it's settled," Skye said brightly. She suddenly seemed a lot more like the cheerful out-going girl from school as she moved to Keiko's side and looped her arm through the shrine maiden, holding her shirt with one hand. Grinning, she pulled Keiko with her as she went to mirror the gesture with Isamu, careful to keep herself decent. "Let's get to know each other while we walk," she said cheerfully.

"By the way, Isamu, this Keiko, our resident Solar Priestess," Skye bubbled on. "Keiko, this is Isamu, our... new friend. Isamu, you wouldn't believe the things she knows about demons. I've learned so much from her." Skye kept up the 'getting-to-know-you' as marched them toward the shrine, leaving Kenichi, Jim and the still-fuming Kazuo to bring up the rear.

Taken completely off-guard by Skye's sudden garrulousness, Keiko can only squeak in token protest as she's roped by Skye's arm into walking with only the lunar priestess between herself and this 'Isamu' chap.

"I work at the temple on the hill," she offers timidly. "A miko."

Archived