Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 8: Brand New Day

Justin OOC

The Black and Red Quadrono armor stalked forward and raised an arm as its railgun dropped into firing position. "Prepare yourself traitor. I won't go easy on you this time, and you will not leave this dustball alive for your crimes."

Nastasha opened up with her gauss cannon, the hyper sonic slug nothing but a blur as it flies towards Mercury's blue and silver armor. Following behind it a full score of missiles spiral and arc towards her, coming from the left missile pod.

The Gauss round missed thanks to Mercury's nimble movement, but a couple missiles blasted armor from her right arm and leg, leaving plent of protection remaining though.

Mercury for her part thrust forth bost her magine gauntlets and filled the martian sky with a hail of shells and death. Expecting such a move, Nastasha jked left and managed to avoid the deadly storm.

She launched another salvo of missiles and machinegun fire, missing mercury with the cannon and Mercury shot down the missiles with her own gauntlet cannons. In rapid succession Mercury fired two shots from the Gauss cannon, missing the first, then acheiving a glancing blow with the second shot.

Nastasha's armor stuttered a second then shot for the apex of the shield, blasting away at mercury with her gunpods, connecting a multitude of times tearing divots all across the front of the Blue and silver quadrono.

Mercuy gave chase and zeroed in, and let fly with a gattling cannon. this forced Nastasha to dodge left, even as she was peppered by a hail of slugs from the gatling, the gauss shell mercury loosed towards her slammed home in the mecha's side and blasted out the back, causing one of the many engine thrusters to sputter and die.

Nastasha inverted immediately and sent a Gauss shell at Mercury, smasshing her gauss cannon to scrap and nearly taking that missile pod. Warning lights flared warning of potential thruster failure.

Both mechs smoking now, It seemed like both made a conscious descision to end it. Willing her shots to find purchase even as Nastasha's Gauss cannon began to glow with a blue light that heralded a switch to synchro cannon mode, they knew the next shot would decide things.

Mercury thrust forward both Gauntlets and both missile pods disgorged their payloads in a hellish cloud of smoke and fury. The shells riddled the front of Nastasha's armor, followed shortly by a dozen explosions as missiles obscured her from view.

Nastasha's red headed face popped up on an open com betweent the two troopers. "How does it feel to kill your own kind for them Traitor? Live with it...." The synchro cannon exploded ina hellish blue-white light raining bits of quaedlun-rae armor and HG trooper on the battlefield below.

Mercury hung in the air victorius, struggling over what to feel. Nastasha's parting shot had hit truer than any of her cannons or guns. But Mercury knew that she'd done right, even as her heart was torn by her friend's words. From the moment she'd stepped into this ring, she was either going to kill or die at the hands of her former friends. It was the horror of war, but knowing that and feeling fate's hand on her shoulder didn't make it any easier.

Georgi's mecha battle against the Big O was relatively short. Though a capable warrior, He'd only been a pilot for a little while. The Fight ended when The Big O managed to anchor the Dynames with all four grappling anchors, and then use it's ChromeBuster cannon to blow off the entire right side. Pulling the helpless Gundam down, the Big O placed its pressure arm against the cockpit of the Gundam and asked for Georgi's surrender.

Not wanting to submit, but knowing he was done, Georgi surrendered for the first time anyone present could remember.

This marked the first quarter the Federation had shown in the battles, and the only fight not to end with a fatality.

Valerie arrived at her fated arena, the Valsion Kai imposingly standing on top of the plateau that had been destined, Mt. Olympus hanged behind it as if to further dwarf Valerie's size, this was after all the first fight between a full sized mech, bigger even, and a human sized opponent, Kai had trusted Valerie with the honors and she was not about to give it up for her.

The Valsion Kai had a terrible aura around it, and an even worse reputation preceding it, Valerie had spoken to Ryoma about their enemies and most of them had terrible stories behind them power enough to conquer or wipe clean planets and the will to do so in the name on conquest, it sent a chill down her spine every time she thought about it, she couldn't truly play around with the Valsion like she wanted, but she was unwilling to use her Bankai, it was unfinished, untrained and underwhelming on her current position, it would have to wait for now until she feels herself ready.

"Valerie de Quebedo, quiet a different name from your compatriots, I take you are another one who was adopted by the Key into this world?" The Valsion Kai pilot seemed curious, Valerie had forgotten to ask who was piloting the Valsion, she was starting to regret that, hard to answer the mocking without knowing who is doing it.

"I simply come from a different part of the world, Humanity prides itself on being varied and large for our home planet, I was not adopted into any world, this world I fight to defend is MY world." Valerie answered truthfully directly to the communication channel of the Valsion Kai, hacking into their comm unit was not that hard after all the spare parts she had found on the battle of Moscow, pretty standard for them but only worked with individual mechs, the battleships had a encrypting so heavy Val would never be able to break it on this life time.

"Strong words for a small girl like you, specially one fighting a planet conquering being like I am. Do you truly plan to fight me? or did you come here away from the rest to surrender?" Whatever was piloting the Valsion laughed at Valerie after it's taunt. Valerie ignored it, she had something much more important to do before the fight.

"Shadows forged by hammers

Illusions shaped by the swords

Metal bound by chains eternal

Unbind yourself!

This is the power of true science!"

The aria had transpired almost too silently on the surface of mars, even with the Comms link open the sound barely came through, what came through was Valerie's change once the aria was done for, her physical form had become larger, older, more like a mature women than her much younger version, her hair had grown longer, and her Satoshi armor had been turned into a skintight bodysuit, the sleeves unrolled shortly after her shoulders baring all of her arms and trailing from her elbows almost translucent, the most contrasting change was the darkening of her milky white skin into a dark olive tan, giving her almost an exotic look.

The Valsion Kai looked with piqued interest at Valerie, because the computers´ energy measurer and resolution creator went haywire, the analysis of Valerie's power was beyond the scope of a couple of second, a couple of seconds too late for the Valsion Kai as it fired off all it's laser turrets into Valerie's possible coordinates, none of them actually hit as she blurred out of the pilots vision and appeared right on top of the Valsion Kai, using her unique ability to create momentum from any angle Valerie pushed herself towards the Kai aiming to finish it with a single blow, the first blow was met with a crack, one of her fingers had given out under the pressure of the attack and the armor of her enemy, changing strategy Val did a full 360` and backhanded the mech's chest plate, the tremendous power of the blow staggered it and made it take several steps back.

Valerie cursed under her breath, as she saw her finger be set on place again and a large cloud of excess energy drained from her and into the cold Martian environment. "Good, it only took me one hit to get used to your armor and weight. Hope you are ready for more after this."

As Valerie turned, a full blast from one of the turrets caught her almost in her whole body, the sheer magnitude of the blast sent her flying back several dozen meters as several more of the laser blasts peppered the area around the first, Valerie did not yield to the pain or the momentum and stood without falling her legs having dug trenches into the rocky surface of mars as she was pushed back by the attack. "Not used to fighting such a small opponent yet? I guess the Federation´s technology it´s not all that it was decked out to be from the start."

The Valsion Kai seemed about to respond as Valerie disappeared from view, her tiny form hard to track from atop the 100ft tall Valsion working on her advantage, she took this edge and worked it for all it was worth as she ran between the Valsion´s legs and promptly did a double back, running UP it´s leg, attacking the joint in the middle of it forcing it to bend forward and ruining it´s equilibrium as the mighty Valsion leaned backwards from the impact Valerie shot up like a bullet and sunk her knee into the back of it´s ornate chest piece the power of the blow straightening it up again, Valerie finished the movement by standing on top of it´s head.

"is that all you got? The destroyed of planets is being swatted around by an earthling without her own mech? I wonder if the Federation will demote you if you surrender now." Valerie laughed, something that did not seem to sit well with the Valsion Kai as an invisible forcefield projected Valerie away from itself and several projectiles shot from the ornate launchers on it´s back, they were almost impossible to see but Valerie´s quick reflexes kept them at bay for the moment, but with her concentration on the Valsion Kai shattered, the pilot took this chance to take summon a titanic sword that rivaled that of the Grungust, probably taller than most skyscrapers Valerie was awed by the impossible speed that the it was swung with in her direction, the shock delayed her a fraction of a second too long and she was caught in mid air by the swing of the sword, the mere force of the blow created a trench on the surface deep enough for Valerie to be almost lost within it, with a terrible cut through the front of her torso Valerie got up and out of the trench, hanging in mid air in front of the Valsion Kai.

“You are not the only one with some secret up your sleeve you know?” with that said, the cloth that hanged from Valerie´s elbows started to glow a golden color as it wrapped itself around her fists, a tremendous amount of energy running through it created a visible effect to the naked eye and super heated the atmosphere around it, ignoring her wound Valerie charged at the Kai, the superheated atmosphere around her almost lit up as a single bright streak crossed the Martian sky and ran through the Valsion like it´s armor was made out of paper, the materials main supports taken out by the attack screeched under the weight of itself as the right arm of the Valsion Kai was separated from it´s body by the effect of gravity and the attack, Valerie was not done yet but the clothing unwrapped itself from her legs the energy stopped circulating and she once again was covered in a cloud of excess energy that needed to be liberated she became a flurry of fury as she unleashed titanic attacks that would have floored lesser mechs but the invisible forcefield that the Valsion Kai was projecting around itself absorbed each and everyone of them, soon after the forcefield stopped being invisible and became a green and yellow glow permeated around it and coming together around it´s back.

"IF that is really all you can do then your world deserves to die. Receive my Magnabuster and realize why I have conquered planets that would dwarf earth by myself.” Quickly the ornate back of the Valsion Kai transformed and joined together to create a new weapon a tremendous cannon almost as big as the Magnabuster was tall, and all the energy gathered by the Valsion Kai was being redirected straight into it´s core, but it had a terrible flaw, it´s movements had been frozen for an instant when it was preparing to launch and Valerie decided this was the best time to attack, not being able to risk being hit by the attack but unable to risk it hitting Mars and injuring any of her friends Valerie did the only sensible thing, running up to the Valsion she secured herself to it and engaged her spaceflight protocols hoping to avoid unnecessary damage.

----

Space was silent and cold, even when compared to Mars, the only things in space right now were Valerie, the Valsion Kai and Deimos the smaller moon of Mars, Valerie looked striaght at the Valsion Kai charging the Magnabuster her mind was running as fast as it could trying to calculate the best possibility, and the three processors on her head all came to the same conclusion.

Jumping into a chant that she had not practiced in a long long time, she called upon the powers that control the universe itself to her aid against the destroyer of planets.

"Heed me thou who is darker than dusk

In the name of that which has been buried in the bottomless abyss

Infuse me with power

Let your strength become mine"

The chant came through the Comms link into the cabin of the Valsion Kai like a soft whisper breaking the silence inside of it, not being able to comprehend what the chant meant it simply marked down Valerie as one more kill on it´s tally readying everything to go back and announce it´s victory.

"To wipe them from the face of this earth

To deliver them onto the ultimate doom!"

The Magnabuster finished charging and was released immediately the massive blast of raw energy came within feet of Valerie, causing burns all over her skin from irradiating energy, close enough for her hair to start burning, but not close enough.

"DRAGONSLAVE!"

Valerie extended her hands, her fingertips almost burning themselves on the energy beam, but for Valerie time had stopped on it´s tracks as she could feel her own living energy leaving her body in the destructive form of the Dragonslave, cutting through the Magnabuster right through it´s center making all the energy bloom into a magnificent flower of wild energy observable from the surface of Mars, the ultimate price was paid by Deimos itself as the small moon was sent flying clear out of it´s orbit by the tremendous energy being displayed around it.

When the flower finally died down, the Valsion Kai and Valerie stood there looking at each other.

"You don't belong with them you know. You're more machine than woman. You belong with us." The pilot of the Valsion Kai said calmly, it´s voice had changed from that of a battle hardened veteran to more of a regular salary man voice, speaking of her surrender and defection as little more than the last days baseball scores.

"Join the Federation Valerie. Yield and submit here and now. Your power will be put to excellent use." the last words stung on Valerie´s ears.

"You imply my power is not being put to good use as a member of Satoshi Heavy Industries." Valerie´s face turned from her usual serene battle mode into an expression of anger. "Watch what you say now Federate, those might be your last words."

Silently the Valsion Kai started the Magnabuster charging period again, this time every intake on the canon blew open and the energy was immeasurably stronger than before. "I haven´t used this in such a long time, Federation rules and everything about conquering the planet, not reducing it to cosmic dust." the calm voice came over the Comms as the Valsion Turned to target Mars itself. "One blow and the planet will turn into dust at my command, some come again De Quebedo, you are the worthiest opponent I have found yet! Show me the strength of your resolve, know that if you falter, everyone on Mars will die!

Instantly Valerie was on the line of fire, putting her tiny body between the Valsion Kai and Mars, she knew the Dragonslave would not be enough, she would need to amplify herself for this. "I loathe to do this, I told myself I would not use it this time."

Extending her hands to her sides she calmly says words that have not been repeated in a long time. "Hunt, Artemisa"

A blue light shone outwards from Valerie as her being ceased existing and became what could only be described as wireframe and line art, her body was decomposed and transformed as the wireframe mesh grew several times over until it stood as a thirty feet tall mech with a human head instead of the regular robotic one.

The Valsione, Valerie´s Bankai form, produces the bow Artemisa and pulls on the string aiming at the Valsion Kai attack. "You have mocked me the whole fight, you have talked about the superiority of machine and the federation, of how I should join you, but you fail to understand why I fight, and where all this power comes form!”

Pulling back on the string, Valerie made a self contained form of pure energy, not unlike the Valsion Kai´s own Magnabuster “This is the power of a human soul! This is Humanity´s Soul!” The power feeding the arrow grew terribly as it was fed by the very will to protect that drove Valerie forward.

"No, this is Satoshi's Soul!" The memory of all her friends, old and new pushed her to her limit as the arrow itself created a vortex of energy behind it a spiral of power draining power from Mars itself to power itself up, the memory of Kai on the planet grew within Valerie´s mind with each passing second. "NO! THIS IS MY SOUL!" The arrow rotation is clearly visible now, the rotation of the vortex itself behind the Valsione is even more obvious all that power focusing in a single dot on Artemisa´s string. “NOW I WILL SHOW IT TO YOU! My Hate and Love, My Joy and Sorrow! TAKE IT ALL!”

“SHINING STARLIGHT BREAK!”

The power of the Magnabuster, all security release was incalculable energy enough to create or destroy stars met with a power so titanic as to call it unstoppable. Both energy attacks collided in the middle of space, the power of both of them faced against each other was overwhelming to anything seeing it, the recently turned asteroid Deimos was turned into cosmic dust as the energy could no longer be contained and it all was released into the emptiness of space, not a single speck of it fell on Mars and when the light cleared up, the only one still complete was the obvious victory.

Valerie de Quebedo returned to her previous form, that of a more mature woman, as she descended onto Mars once again not being able to wait to claim her victory over the Federation.

Akina's loss to the Banpreios was only partly unexpected, the robot was simply much stronger than her Angelg. When it took her most powerful Mecha based attack and literally shrugged it off, She signaled surrender. She obviously saw no point to dying at this point in a futile struggle.

Win for the Federation 3-3

The sniper Goddess known as Latooni Subota and Ryoma in the Shin Getter won handily, primarily by switching opponents back and forth, taking advantage of the way the duel worked.

The Rathgrith was completely unable to compete with the Getter's power, and the Thrudgelmir couldn't hit the nimble Wildtraubier.

Yuuki signaled surrender, making it two on one, but Wodin wouldn't yield. He managed to nearly destroy the Wiltraubier with a lucky hit to its reactor, forcing Latooni to eject.

Incensed Ryoma pulled out all the stops and began to systematically destroy Wodin's mecha. The battle ended with a flash reminiscent of Ganymede, Where Colossal Storm met Stone Sunshine, though the results were different. The blade hacked off the Shin Getter's arm, and there was nothing left of the clone of Sanger. "Now he can rest in peace, only his legacy remains now."

Satoshi wins

4-3

Blurr and Teknoman walked forward towards their opponents. "You want the chick, or You want the Captain Blurr?"

"I'll take the chick this time, she might be fast enough for me, she's even my color."

The light blue robot smiled to Velocity. "I'll be your opponent. "You better be fast or you're never going to survive this."

Teknoman drew his own sword and looked to Eiji. "I hope you've got some skill Captain Tanaka. I need a good workout."

Eiji drew his own sword and eadied himself for the combat to come, raising his elemental shield, while Velocity gritted her teeth nervously as her muscles tensed in anticipation. She wasn't much a Warrior... but this was the time to fight.

The Blue robot vanished and appeared to Velocity's right, a quartet of energy blasts flying towards her at rapid speed from four different directions. Three of the lasers catch her, singing her sharklike skin, and combined the pain is significant.

Pouring his Chi in to his shikai mode sword Eiji summons his Bankai, the dragon Inazuma quickly snaking around his body and leaping into the air from his shoulders, still growing as it does so.

As random bolts of lightning crash down out of the martian sky, Eiji vanishes in one only to reappear off his opponents left side in mid cut. Following this up with a strike to his chest he then vanishes again as more lightning crashes down.

Now at a safer distances he fires off a pair of thunderbolt cuts as Inazuma circles around and sends a blast of his lightning breath at his foe.

Eiji's attack blew armor off his foe in all directions and only by dint of luck was one of the counterattacks able to cnnect with him. "I've never seen something move that fast without engines.. Time to crank it up." Eiji's foe began to glow brightly despite the damage he'd inflicted.

Velocity meanwhile was learning her earlier dodges had been Luck. Blurr was an expert shot and his attacks were taking their toll. She could hit him, but her strike were just barely dinging his impressive armor. It was impossible for something to be as fast as he was yet that heavily armored yet the blue mechanoid existed.

Teknoman lashed out with his blade and two bursts of emerald fire from his eyes and gauntlet.

Eiji smiled as his attacks slammed home, and his foes missed. He activeated Accellerator and called upon Inazuma's power for a Thunderbolt cut, rewarded with a strike that severed his foes arm. He then missed three straight slashes with his sword, connecting again tearing a golden rent in his foes torso armor, before missing again.

Teknoman was completely out classed, Eiji was just too fast as he dodged all his attacks and laid into him with two more slashes before jumping back. Teknoman seemed beaten, slow to react as the great lightning dragon engulfed him, killing him without a sound.

Meanwhile, the duel of the speedsters reached alarming heights. Velocity triggered her Overdrive mode on; to find Blurr capable of matching it. They were moving too fast for anyone to follow, leaving streaks of friction induced fire on the ground. Velocity could barely hit him, and the Blue Mechanoid could repeatedly hit her with fists or laserfire. The damage began to ell as she started slowing don. Enging with the Blue Mechanoid grabbing her. and hauling her from the ground.

"The problem with you organics is a simple one, remove your fuel pump and you all die."

His hand became a blur as it seemed like his molecules enter a hyper excited state, just before it plunged into her chest. It emerged without leaving a wound or trace, holding her heart. "Looks like you lose." Blood Streamed from Velocities mouth as she died, still in disbelief at someone being faster than she was.

The Blue Mechanoid stopped a moment, and then seeing the Dragon crash upon his friend seemed to sigh. He made his way to Eiji, still leaving afterimageds, but far less, maintaining his speed as long as he had was almost an impossible task. He didn't have much energy left, in his opinion it simply wasn't worth risking. Besides there was still Haken.

"Earth Man, You have won.." He drops Velocity's corpse to the martian soil. "So have I. A battle between us would only end in mutual destruction which wouldn't win for either us. I propose a draw."

Eiji looking at his fallen comrade wished to fight on, but he had to be realistic. he didn't have much left to give, and this guy was faster than Velocity. He could gamble, but if he misjudged even the slightest he'd lose the tournament for Earth. "Agreed., It is a Draw."

Draw 4-3-1 Satoshi

It all came down to this. 4 wins and a Draw. Velocity had Fallen But Eiji remained, same as Teknoman and Blurr. it was remarkable but the Metal man offered a draw, which was grudgingly accepted.

Haken prepared to fight, but then emerged from his cockpit.

"This whole tournament is a sham. The only one from their world is Georgi, and he lost and even he isn't a normal human they altered him. The rest of them all herald from other worlds or dimensions. The battle hardly represents their world."

The Admiral considers Haken's words. "That much is true."

Kai, annoyed, emerges from the cockpit of the Meteor.. " I AM from Earth. If you must see a normal human fight for his home, then I will show you our true power."

Haken smiles. "Nice sentiment when you're in a Circinus/Dalaraan Hybrid machine."

Kai nods. "Fine, You and Me, no mechs, just sword to gun."

"You must be insane boy to think you can possibly beat me with a simple sword."

"Coward."

Haken stopped. "What did you call me?"

"You coward. You're affraid of a "boy" and his sword. Saito may not have been fully circinus but he never backed down. He wasn't even seventeen and he's more a man than you could ever be. A shot rang out and several strands of hair fell from Kai's right side.

"Say it again boy, and I'll hit you dead between the eyes."

"Only a coward makes boasts he cannot back up." Another Shot rang out as Kai released his blade. "scatter Senbonzakura." The petal like blades formed a shield and protected him from the shot. Haken leapt down, and dashed at Kai his gunsword coming up and belching Fire, some of it getting through the shield to burn tiny holes in Kai's right side. He grunted and sent a tendril of blades at him, shredding the black greatcloak Haken wore.

Haken vanished and appeared behind him, his hands glowing as five cardbombs were flung at Kai knocking him through the air. Kai's own robe was looking bad now.

"You're decent kid, nobody survies that one. Guess you get my "A" game." He pulled out his reolver and the big gun.

"You're not so bad yourself. If we're taking this up a notch, then allow me to show you my power."

He holds out the sword and then inverts it, so that the tip is pointing down and releases the sword. "Bankai." The sword vanishes straight into the ground as if he'd dropped it into a pool of water. The ripples travel throughout the area. The sky begins to darken and all of the world seems to fall away. On each side of him a blade appears, rising slowly, each further pair followed by another in a seemingly endless supply. Each sword blade is like a thirty foot pillar of steel, and he looks up, his gaze calm, collected and serene. "Scatter, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi." The Thousand blades shatter into a storm of small cherry blossom like blades that quickly move about and become virtually invisible.

Suddenly Haken dodged right as a mass of blades shreeded the ground here he'd stood. "Virtually invisible blade attack eh? You're Wide open!" He dashed forward seeking to impale Kai with the blade of his gunsword while firing the revolver. A wall of incandescent blades sprang to existence between him and Kai, though the barrier barely heard. The three cards he'd managed to toss in a split second got remarkably close to the others and Kai jumped further away from him. "Leave the others out of this!"

"They got too close boy." Haken began closing in and Kai nodded. "Then it cannot be helped." He nodded. "Senkei, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi." Above them pink blades began froming, formng a hemisphere that cut them off from the outside world.

"What the hell boy?"

"I won't let you hurt my friends, even if that means I have to kill you." Two of the swords ceased rotating and flew to Kai's hands. He took his stance and then launched towards Haken. His slashes clanged off the metal of his large gunsword, but only after slicing the hat off Haken's head. "That was my good hat you little bastard."

He fired two shots int Kai's gut, suprised to see them hit, knocking him away. Kai screamed in pain as the other could hear it. "So it does have a weakness. You can isolate me, but you lose your shield."

Haken drove his advantage home forcing Kai to try to defend himself with his swords. He managed to deflect several shots, but took several too. "You don't die easy do ya boy. Not like that blue skinned girl. Blurr took her down damn fast." Kai's eyes widened and his mouth contorted. "Bastard." He thought back to that first meeting with her, all the progress she'd made, the fun they'd had in such a short time. Mostly he thought of the promise he couldn't keep now. He released a sword even as Haken stood gun to his head. "let's see ya dodge this one." "Annihilation mode." "Wha..." Half the swords ceased rotating and angled in. In an instant Haken was skewered by the blades and knocked away by the impact. his finger stroked the trigger, the shot hitting Kai in the shoulder and knocking him away.

"N-n-nice one... But I'm not done.."

Haken stood bloody and more dead than alive. His Revolver's barrel split open, brilliant blue white Energy arcing between the halves. "Been awhile since I've used Trump Magnum..."

Kai stood barely able to hold his hands aloft. "One shot boy, that's all either of us has, make it count. Or that blue chick died for nothing."

Kai nodded. "No time like the present to master this.." He foused all his remaining mana into his hands and called forth Senbonzakura's true form. Those watching the fight could see now as Kai built up immense power, the blades of Senkei and the pocket dimension they created vanishing. A pillar of White light engulfed him and Akina smiled. "At last. He claims his birthright." Brilliant white wings of light emerged from the pillar a brilliant halo connecting them. The head of a dragon with brillaint red eyes was his right hand, and his hands held a brilliant white sword easily as big as him. He was a sight broken and bloody, but standing. "Shukei, Hakuteiken." (Final scene, White Emperor Sword)

He surged forward just as Haken fired. "Trump Magnum!" Senbonzakur cut straight through the blast, through the gun and through Haken's chest.

"Well don Kai, well done." Haken slid off the blade as his eyes closed. "Her name was Velocity. That was for her." His bankai faded away... and Kai looked towards the others. "I claim victory..." He took two steps towards them and fell face forward onto the martian soil near death himself.

The Admiral turned to Lily. We formally acknowledge our defeat. Earth is forever safe from invasion by the Federation. You have won."

Lily was paying no attention to the admiral though. By the time he'd finished his capitulation, the Dalaraan princess had catapulted herself into the air and vanished in a smudge of blue haze. She reappeared over his fallen body in the arena and gently descended alongside him.

"He's hurt," she reported over her radio, wholly unnecessarily since everyone could see that much. "I'm bringing him straight to the infirmary. I...I don't know if he can take a jump, so I'm going to..." For a second her voice slipped...it caught and held, and she couldn't say anything. "Just get a bed ready," she finished, and carefully worked her arms under Kai's knees and shoulders to lift him gently up.

She then rose into the air a foot or two, and flew with as much haste as she could safely muster, towards the infirmary...

Akina sighed. "As always, the young fail to Prioritize." She looks to the Admiral. "We accept your Pledge." She looked at the Admiral. "What will you do now Admiral?"

"We will search for a new world to be our home. Hopefully find another like Earth."

"Your people must be weary. I invite you to remain within our system until they are recovered for a Fold Jump."

"Thank You Captain Nanamura."

The Admiral turned to walk away, and his warriors began leaving, one by one. The Gaogaigar, heavily damaged remained. "Admiral, I have served Circinus three hundred years, in repayment for your reactivation of me. I feel now that I must go with Satoshi. I sense something about them, that my destiny lies with them.

The mammoth Mehcanoid looked to the human far below. The Admiral stopped and laid a hand upon the foot of the massive machine. "You have repaid your oath Gai, Do as you will, your debts are paid."

Akina's eyes couldn't have gotten larger. They'd lost an exceptional pilot, and the one who'd taken him had asked to be allowed to go with them. She looked to Valerie and Eiji and the others. "Alright, everyone back to base and the ships. We'll remain here until we stabilize Kai, then We head back for Earth."

She looks to Eiji. "Captain Tanaka, see to Velocity."

She mounts up her mecha again. "Mercury, you too. You're one of us now." Scarred by what she'd done, the Quadrono Ace merely went through the motions, flying back to the ship with the remaining pilots, escorting the Gaogaigar.

Nodding to Akina, Eiji bends and lifts Velocity's body in his powerarmoured arms. She felt too light in those servopowered limbs for the things that she had accomplished on her on world and the aid she had given to Kai here on ours.

As the others went ahead, Eiji turned and started his walk back to the base, a bass rumble signifying the start of the Ikaran chant of honour for the fallen that Eiji sang for Velocity and all the others of his friends that he had seen fall in service to Satoshi and the Earth.

Valerie walked up to the Gaogaigar, as Akina accepted it's defection, Eiji was taking care of Velocity and someone from the 4th CRT would pick up the carcass of Capt. Georgie's Gundam, but the GaoGaiGar still didn't have security codes.

"Gaogaigar, my name is Valerie de Quebedo, I work directly for Satoshi's Heavy Industries Commander in Chief Kai Morisato. Would you care to accompany me to our main repair bay? I'm sure Capt Hoshino will be happy to help your repair and be settled within our structure." Valerie extended a hand at the Gaogaigar, the difference in sizes being mind boggling for a hand shake to occur. Realizing as much Valerie flushed sligthly and retired her hand. "Do you want to follow me, or should I sit on your shoulder?"

The marge machine nodded, lowering a hand to pick up the young woman. "You are truly unique Lady Valerie.. A seemless fusion of woman and machine. You are what my creators sought ages ago." The big warmachine carried her to the assigned bay, where many CRT personel gawked at it, marvelling as it regenerated it's damage.

Velocity would be brought back and buried on Earth.

Kai for his part was brought first to the base then to the MAcross quarter where he was treated and slept.

(ending this here 6 cp to everyone)

Archived