Jump to content

Interlude: Discussions with Dragons


Krul

Recommended Posts

Sean Darren Thomson, known to the Shadowrunner's he'd just spoken with as Mr. Johnson, nodded a moment to Valkyrie, as he got into the Limo that had been waiting outside, and Valkyrie got onto her heavily modified moterbike to escort and watch him. It was raining, of course, as it usually was in Seattle, and another troll took another bike, and began to follow the limo.

"So, they took the job."

Sean jumpped, and then he gazed into the shadowy confines of the limo, and he bit off a sharp response when he saw who it was. This was the meeting he was going to, and he did his best to hide his suprise at her sudden appearance.

The woman smiled, and he realized that he hadn't hidden it from her.. of course, considering who and what she was, that wasn't too suprising. "I always keep tabs on my agents, Sean, once you've agreed to be one of my agents, you never know when I might drop in.. or simply watch."

He swallowed, that wasn't exactly intended to reasure, though, in some ways it was both a reasurance and a warning. And, she was one who rewarded loyality and initiative, when it served her of course. "Of course, My Lady, it is only to be expected. The runners were a bit uncertain, they have aggreed to the job, though they wonder quite a bit at the conditions."

"And you do as well, don't you?"

"Ah, my Lady, you see though me quite well, I can understand getting the whole family, from a certain point of view, it makes sense, but not why it was so vitally important."

"I take a longer view then most, Sean."

"Of course, my Lady, that is only to be expected." He paused, clearly she wasn't willing to actually discuss the matter, so he changed the subject. "Your testing them too, arn't you?"

Her smile had a measure of warm approval at his question. "As intelligent and insightful as ever, Sean, once again, you please me. And yes, I am always on the look out for potential in the future, positive and negative.. and all of those runners have a great deal of potential." She paused. "Should they survive, of course, this mission will be minor compared to some of the things I am considering them for in the future."

"Ah.." He considered a moment, and his thoughts drifted to the lovely elven lass with the tail... and then to her rather lovely cousin, who seemed at times a bit mad, but was lovely herself. "You want me to continue to cultivate a relationship with them?"

"Why, Sean, have your eye on someone?" She winked, and smiled as he blushed slightly, but rather then attempt to hide it, he nodded, and she considered a moment. "I have no objections to you pursuing such a relationship, do as you please. It could become useful, after all, someday. Goodbye, Sean, I'll be watching." And then she was simply gone.. he wasn't sure she'd ever physically been there at all, but there was no way to tell.

"Fairwell, my Lady Hestaby.." He said, not certain if he was heard or not, but figuring it never hurt to be polite, especially when Dealing with a Dragon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Obviously no one picked up on her question or was inclined to answer them. Osiris pouted briefly and then shrugged it off as unnecessary detail. Knowledge was power and someone was preferring to play games instead of providing more data. She guessed it would be up to her to gather more about the subjects of their extraction Run.

The tall Elven Technomancer glanced sideways at her Cousin and sent her a message.

Click to reveal..
OSIRIS: I suppose someone likes to play games. Something about this feels very wrong but I’m not blaming anyone. I’ll keep an eye out on your tail.

Osiris stood up and walked over to Chunin smiling at him and ordering a drink for both of them via AR. “Firewater?”, she asked him obviously struggling with the word as if it cost her to pronounce it properly. “I am… Osiris”, she introduced herself cutting her introduction off in midsentence. She meant to say something else but forced herself to shut up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Chunin," Marko replied politely and with an approving grin. "Just water is fine, thank you, I don't drink while I'm working. Speaking of, ladies and gentleman, we're officially on the clock. Let's get a plan together and get into motion. Time is wasting."

Click to reveal..
Thank you for posting, I promised myself I wasn't going to be the one to post first time! smile Oh... and this is an interlude, are we supposed to be posting here?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dale clears his throat and suggests, "I have a very secure vehicle parked outside, big enough for all of us and equipped to defeat eavesdropping and other forms of spying. We could work out our plan on the move, as it were."

He stands up and straightens his tie, perhaps hoping that his desire not to walk out of here alone isn't too obvious on his round, slightly pudgy face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Click to reveal.. (Comm to Osiris)

SCATHACH: Thanks, Cuz. T'me, Seattle entire gives me a coggley feelin'. I got yer back, to.

Deirdre finished her tumbler of brandy with a quick pull, then pushed off the wetbar with an effortlessly smooth movement. The towering changeling glided over to the small, nebbish man and clapped him on the shoulder, giving Marko a nod of agreement in passing.

"I be Scathach, and yer idea be a right grand one, it is. What say y'all?" Deirdre turned, her golden eyes asking the question to everyone. "Then we can go see who we can knock up about info on this dodgy business."
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: Marko Cain
"Chunin," Marko replied politely and with an approving grin. "Just water is fine, thank you, I don't drink while I'm working. Speaking of, ladies and gentleman, we're officially on the clock. Let's get a plan together and get into motion. Time is wasting."


Osiris nodded briefly but her face didn’t express any approval. It seemed even as if she wasn’t listening. The drinks got served and she downed her shot with one gulp and took Chunin’s and downed it, too. “Workwork – I can tell an Eagle from a Rooster in bright daylight.”

Then she stood up and picked up on Dale’s comment without actually saying anything. She simply walked over to him and dodged another ‘invisible’ obstacle. As soon she reached him she smiled and said, “Oh, sparkly.” And laughed delighted.

Originally Posted By: Deirdre McGuinness
Click to reveal.. (Comm to Osiris)

SCATHACH: Thanks, Cuz. T'me, Seattle entire gives me a coggley feelin'. I got yer back, to.



Click to reveal..
OSIRIS: Do you know any of these freaks? I’ve been contacted via a very unusual way – but I’ve dreamt of this so who knows. I’ve seen his face before but I can’t tell much about the others…
Osiris probably meant Chunin but standing next to Dale and the way she smiled at him wasn’t making it easy for Deirdre to figure out who she really was talking about.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Deirdre rolled her eyes at Osiris' antics and claiming to have dreamed this - she still wasn't sure if her distant cousin was insane or just using misdirection throw people off.

Click to reveal.. (Comm to Osiris)

SCATHACH: The wee man with th'lenses be Dale, ya rememberin'? He modded me cycle. Marko (Chunin), I met at tha gym. Cool and professional like, glad to 'ear that he be with us. I hope ta learn from 'im about runnin'. The golden character with a pair too many be called Shivial. I dunno know 'im, but we both be hired for a muscle job one time. He be a demon with a piece in those there four hands o' his.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: Osiris
“Workwork – I can tell an Eagle from a Rooster in bright daylight.”


With a quirked brow Chunin shook off her words. "Riiight." He sighed. "Sounds great Dale, let's go."

He stood up and waved his hands in a sweeping motion 'brushing' everyone towards the doors. "C'mon people, shoo, let's get a move on here I don't think the room is paid for any more."

Click to reveal.. (OOC Babble)
Chunin, if others follow, will casually 'lead' the line through the trogs as the team leaves, keeping note of any possible problems Dale might have with the patrons. If one of them needs their nose broke for pickin' on the nerdy kid, Chunin'll gladly oblige. Fat kids need to party too. Besides, Dale has the 'keys'.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With a shrug at the Elf's antics and a nod to Chunin Uriel turns and walks to the door to the bar. Changing back into the appearance of a troll Shaman he leads the way out through the bar before turning to Dale for directions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Between the heavies who were walking out of the bar, and the fight that was still going on out there, and had spread out to the front of the bar, there might have been a bit of difficulty getting out front, but no one wanted to mess with some of the heavy's in this group, and so everyone got out to Dale's car without any real trouble... other then a few bloody noses rendered to those who got in their way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the parking lot was something that looked like the unholy spawn of a Humvee and a soccer mom's prize minivan. Angular and squat, with oversized tires and obviously reinforced, tinted windows, the whole thing was a shining hot-rod black and seemed to scream out, 'STEAL ME' in the lovely neighborhood of the bar. Only the slightly smoldering spot on the asphault by the back left tire suggested why it wasn't up on blocks with the engine missing right now.

Dale didn't produce a key as he approached the vehicle. He just paused for a second, then opened the passenger side door, and stepped over to slide a big panel door open in the side as well.

"Welcome to my parlor," he said with unmistakable pride.

The inside of the thing looked like a freaking limo. The area behind the two front seats was spacious and fit with five seats...two behind the front, and three along the back. They were arranged to face each other, so the two would sit with the backs towards the front of the car, facing the other three. The chairs were sleek and black and plush and covered in what looked like it might be real leather...or a synthetic that came so close it wouldn't be a savings in cost. There were several cabinets and panels around the inside as well...and what looked like it might be a minibar."

"Please step inside, make yourselves at home. Once we're all in and buttoned up, we can talk." He ran around to the driver's side.

(OOC Note - The Minivan of Doom has passenger amenities equal to High lifestyle, so it's purty comfy.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Osiris followed Chunin and Dale faithfully and smiled at her Cousin. She felt safer when she was around although she had preferred to meet her under different circumstances. Ignoring Deirdre’s subliminal eye rolling Osiris smiled at the grunts and trogs on her way out of the junction and gladly got into Dale’s generous Humvee.

With keen eyes she took in the interior never taking off her AR-Goggles while she gave a girlish squeal of joy before she sat down. Osiris was obviously enjoying herself… or was totally whacko… or both.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Deirdre sat down next her cousin, pulling her tail around to make she didn't - nor anyone else - sit on it. She raised her eyebrows, impressed with the interior of the Minivan of Doom, though she didn't squeal like her cousin. The back of MoD actually had room for her to stretch out her incredibly long legs, which few vehicles could boast. Still, I be glad there be no trogs on the team.

The gorgeous, yet intimidating dryad folded her lean, muscular arms beneath her more then generous bust-line, riveting each member of the newly formed team with her direct, golden cat-like stare in turn.

"So, where do we be startin'? I be likin' to ring up me fixer - Cousin can get the screed on most anyone, right."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the various members of this gathered group of shadowrunner's climb into the vehicle, it then begins to move out, to wherever Dale had it set to go, even as the brawl continues outside the bar.

Meanwhile, the runner's make their plans and decide how they are going to carry out this mission.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

"The time it takes us to get those contacts to produce the information we need may be significantly more than what we've been allotted." Chunin said softly trying to peel his eyes away from Deidre's large... tracks of land. "Let's start with what we know and move from there."

The 'ninja' slid the OC from the receptacle on his commlink. "Dale, I assume you have a trideo player here? Let us go through the information Mr. Johnson supplied us with and once we know what we're up against we can divide our attention among the targets that best suit our individual capabilities."

Once Dale has pointed to where the player console was Chunin slid in the OC and and the contents were displayed in vivid hi-res 3D. "Now, from the top..."

Click to reveal..
Krul, we need a review of what we know and what we don't know. If we have a two hour window then contacts aren't going to be much help unless the information is very well known. A little heads up for us please?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Putting it down as a list of things that need to be done, Marko Cain manages to pinpoint the things that they have been hired to do.

"First, we have to do this this week, so we have some time to plan, but not much. Here's our tasks: One, extract the family, two, extract the information from their mainframe, three, destroy the lab where the work is being done. And all of this has to be down within two hours of one another. We can either try and do this together, or split up and do it all at once."

Click to reveal..

As requested, a list of goals and tasks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"If'n we be havin' a week, that be plenty o' time fer us to jabber wi' contacts," Deirdre said with accented confidence. "Among th'lot o' us, we should be able to be gettin' floor plans and security details fer th'Archology and th'lab, right?"

The tall changeling leaned over and clapped Uriel on the back. "The mage here can call who he can call, see if he can track th'wee mageling. After that, we see who we be going after first, and where. What say ya?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dale peered at the holograph. "I'll try to sneak some drones into their perimeter," he said. "We can watch their guard movements...get some decent aerial photographs. If I can get one into the structure there I can get us a map that includes obstacles that won't show up on technical blueprints."

He flopped back into his seat. "In fact, it might be worth our while to monitor their communications. Never know when they might order some maintenance work, or send out for pizza or something that could give us a pretext to get someone inside."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

The small group of capable shadowrunners continue to discuss the matter, there in the back of the vehicle for a bit, deciding at last they want to case the joint, then chose a particular plan of action.

Click to reveal..

Ok, trying to get things going more here. Based on what I've read so far, I'm going to assume that the Runners want more info, so I need everyone who is going to try and find out more about the situation to indicate what they are doing to find out more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...