Mutants & Masterminds: Mecha Mayhem - Chapter 2.2 Escape From Pan City

Rebekka Van der Vyse

Seraphine stood in her quarters, half naked as she changed after the concert Electric Dreams (the two female members anyway) had thrown in thanks for the engineers that had worked so hard in restoring the ARK, and in building Pan City as well. She was still wired however, ready for a night on the town, but even though it was hardly more than a week old, she was already sick of Pan City. She had designed every building, laid out every street, could see every intimate detail with a moment's thought. She needed something new, something... different.

Her full lips spread into a wicked smile as an idea came to her. The future was already irrevocably changed, it couldn't possibly affect that much.

She snugged into a pair of shiny and studded, black synth-leather pants and put on a sporty, red crop top, half unzipped to reveal a fair expanse of her spectacular bosom. She styled her hair in a sassy updo , applied a bit of make-up, and added a tasteful amount of jewelry (not that she had a lot on board of the ARK). A light, short-cut jacket and a pair of stiletto-heeled boots that added four inches of height completed the ensemble.

In a mood lighter than she had been since arriving in 1942, Seraphine click-clacked her way to the Caballero's barracks. She knocked on the door, then barely paused before entering.

She grinned at the good-natured cat-calls and whistles the Caballero's through her way, adding a bit more strut to her hips for their benefit.

"Down boys, I'm here for Cowboy." The extremely attractive, buxom chief engineer sauntered across the room, and promptly sat herself down on Cowboy's lap. She polished off his drink sitting on the table with one long pull then gave him a deep, tongue-tangling kiss, a delicate hand twisted in his hair.

"You here for something, darlin', or just missin' me?" Bill said, once he got his breath back.

Sera's naughty smile said, I want something, and you want to give it to me. "Both, Cowboy."

Seraphine told him her proposition. When she was done, the rest of the Caballeros were gathered close, and Payson's smile was a match for hers.

"Steal a boat, and head to Oahu eh? He looks around and nods. "Y'know they all know now.. it wouldn't be fair to not take everyone, and the bribes to keep everyone quiet would be insane."

He looked to Buck, Bobby, Gallivan, Mariska, and Conrad. "You all want to go see what life was like in Hawaii? They've got real bars... and no synthetic booze..."

He knew the rest of the squadron, the regulars were all on board, but his commanders needed to be too.

Sera turned her smile on Conrad, the the red-head Caballero had to swallow hard to maintain his cocky grin. The Idol Singer and Chief Engineer was almost too gorgeous to be without genetic modifications, yet those blue eyes said those looks were all hers.

"I'm sure 'requisitioning a boat down at the docks won't be difficult." An impish glint entered her eyes as she continued. "And forgiveness won't be needed. This is a fact-finding mission, advanced reconnaissance on our new allies in a more natural atmosphere. It's actually very important and possibly dangerous. I won't order anyone, this is strictly on a volunteer basis."

"Who volunteers?"

The Entirety of the Caballeros, the six women included, voiced their affirmation with a hearty "Aye!", and The troupe broke up and began making way down to the docks in smaller groups.

(Sera or Will are the best choices to "officially" get the boat.. but anyone can try to find one of the unloaded PT boats with a good Search check DC (20) and then hotwire it with an appropriate skill roll DC (20))

Enthusiastic, Conrad quickly spied an unloaded boat, with only a lone attendant there. Swaggering down, he informed her that the squadron was taking a fact-finding trip to Oahu that could enhance diplomacy efforts. She readily handed over the keys.

Click to reveal..

Search Roll

(08:12:01) ChatBot: (Conrad) rolls 1d20 and gets 14.

11+14= 25 versus DC 20. Success

Bluff Roll to convince attendant.

(08:16:54) ChatBot: (Conrad) rolls 1d20 and gets 20.

(08:17:02) (Conrad): sweet

16+20= 36. Success, I'm sure.

Sera took a different way down to the docks, hoping to avoid her sister... So naturally, when she turned a blind corner, she literally bumped into her, bouncing off Roxanne's more solid build.

Sera slowly got back to her feet, rubbing her ass, giving her twin as innocent a smile as she could. "Oh, hey sis, I was just..." Several lies came to mind, but she had always found it hard to lie to her sister, especially when she was looking at her like that.

"I'm authorizing the Cabelleros to engage in a fact-finding mission to the Island of Oahu. You're free to come as well Roxy. Look, I've seen Pan City day and night for more than the last week, I need to blow off some steam somewhere else, 'kay?"

Seraphine started back down the hall, walking backwards in her heels. "If you're coming, meet us down at the docks in several minutes... And don't rat us out!"

Roxanne was half numbed with painblockers and half daydreaming when her Sister bumped into her. She was glad she could follow through with the concert but there were days when she could barely stand on her feet. At least it felt like that although her legs couldn’t get tired anymore… technically.

Sera literally bounced off her since Roxanne was a few inches taller and heavier since the… treatment. Roxanne blinked a few times and then frowned. Sera was up to something and she would have to cover her ass.

Roxanne waited for Sera’s excuse but her sister’s story didn’t sound made up. In fact the idea was rather appealing to her, too. Distracting herself from the recent troubles was a welcomed change and how was she supposed to make a change in her life if she didn’t took chances. Her head still throbbed and her limbs felt like they weighted tons but the prospect of getting out of Pan City was rising her spirits.

“Ok.”, was all she said. “I’ll tag along… but don’t run so fast, please.”, it was embarrassing to admit she had physical troubles. As a Top Gun Pilot she shouldn’t have any physical impeding but her body was having trouble adjusting to the cybernatical replacements. Somedays she felt like she could outpace a car and lift a ton and some days she had trouble moving at all or keeping her balance. It was annoying and the Doctors had no idea what was the cause. So she had to resort to medication if things got too worse.

Sera immediately slowed down, to walk by Roxanne's side, her shoulder a silent offer, if needed. She turned to study the decking and bulkheads, not wanting her twin to see the flash of guilt in her eyes.

"We're gonna get those things to work right, if I have to learn how to design them and build them from scratch. I promise you, Rox"

Roxanne felt like a klutz but she clenched her teeth and fought against the pain and paralyzing sensation she felt. Her limbs felt numb but at least they didn’t fail her.

“It’s going to be ok, Sera. If the Doctors don’t know what’s going on, how will you find a solution. Technically everything is fine. I run diagnostics every single day. Powercells are fine, hydraulics and gyros – everything A-OK. I guess it’s me…” It had been several months now but she was regularly having problems and sometimes at the most inconvenient moments.

“I just have to pull through, Sis. So what’s the plan?”, she asked and tried to change the topic. Sera knew how embarrassing this was for her sister.

Sera tightened her jaw stubbornly, but didn't say anything more about the cybernetics. There's nothing wrong with you, so it must be the implants.

"The plan? The plan is simple," Sera said, full of confidence. Restock on real booze, then get hammered, and maybe nailed. "We head down to the docks and requisition one of these 'PT boats', and pilot it to Oahu - it doesn't even fly, so how hard can it possible be, right? Then we find out what they did for fun six-hundred years ago."

With the layout of Pan City indelibly burned into her mind, Seraphine effortlessly led her sister to the docks. "The Cabelleros went ahead, so with any luck, they already have a boat for us - And look! They do!" Sera exclaimed as she noticed several of the Cabelleros waving at her.

Side by side, Seraphine and Roxanne headed down for the primitive vessel, nearly every pair of eyes turned to gaze at the gorgeous pair of twins.

Conrad's jaw nearly dropped in shock at the two girls. Their boobs in particular aroused him. Immediately, he had to shove away fantasies. Wrong girls, especially when one belonged to Cowboy. But they were gonna be a damn shock to the people of the 20th century. He'd heard they had very conservative dressing for women. Damn they will flip.

Then he recovered his grin and laughed. "Good to see you two here. The attendant here fell for the official statement, hook line and sinker. Shall we get going?"

Coyboy, Buck and the rest of the 'lleros arrived, with a few others from various divisions, and all in all it made for a very crowded ride in the boat as the made for Oahu.

Ozma was on duty on the bridge and noted the blip on the sonar. Realizing it could be something, he sighed and pulled up the Duty roster. Gordan's team in Raptor Squadron was on duty, but since this was a blip leaving the island, he figured just the team leader would be fine.

"Lieutenant Smythe, I have a contact heading for Oahu from Pan City. It's likely some of our boys making a run, but it's not on the night's list. Check it out and bring them home."

Gordan checked the radar, and picked up the outbound blip as it rapidly approached Oahu.

"Roger that Flight Control, I have them on the scope. Falcon one out."

Switching to the team channel he briefly gives them there orders, "All Falcons, Falcon one has an assignment from Flight. Two, you are in charge until I get back. Just stick to the patrol as planned. Falcon one out and away."

With that he rolled the Valkyrie over and down towards the deck, heading after the intermittent return from the boat and in the direction of Oahu.

Juliana had just been down by the boat, having been called by one of the boys and asked if she wanted to join, she'd spent some time dressing up a bit. Of course, the outfit she'd chosen was quite simply sinful by some of the time period's standards. Still, she wasn't going to play by their rules, she was embracing her own, and she loved this dress. Of course, it made hiding weapons anywhere but behind her back all but impossible, which was a minor consideration, but really, she figured she could use her fists if it came down to a fight.

julianadress.jpg

"Let's have some fun, eh girls?" She winked at Roxanne and Seraphine, as she hooked one arm around the fellow who had called her, and winked at the other boys present. "And boys, of course."

Keeping to 500ft and switching to Guardian mode so that he could slow to the same speed as the PT boat, Gordan scans the boat with IR to get a visual identification on those on board. At the same time he runs a computer scan to see if there are any cyberlinks amongst the people on the boat and if so who they belong to. The results scatter themselves across his screen, and his consciousness via his link.

Great, the major part of two squadron's and the 4th officer of the fleet going AWOL at the same time. I certainly better keep an eye on them until they get back.

Dropping to 200ft he cuts in the spotlight and lights up the boat before activating the external speakers and mics.

"Evening folks, Chief. Flight asked me to bring you peeps home. So what are we going to do about that?"

"Oh for heaven's sake, we're not on duty, or on lock down, so it's not like we have to stay nearby, so unless the chief is bringing us back because something happened and we need to be on duty, that's ridiculous." Then she smiled and her tone changed slightly.

"Besides, did the chief say anything about when? If your concerned about something going wrong, you could come with us."

"No, your not on duty." Gordan replies seriously, "As for lock down, I'm not sure, but you have the Fleets 4th Officier with you down there and I would hope that she would know?"

Then his voice changes and a grin is apparent even over the speakers, "As for when, you're quite right. Flight neglected to fil in that detail. So, you won't me to fly cover for you or just meet you there?"

Sera sighed, shifting subtly, and Gordon swallowed hard upon seeing the image of the chief engineer with the matchless curves appear on his viewer.

"You mean Control didn't get my mission plan?" Gordon could Sera's voice, a regretful purr, over the commlink. "I authorized this fact-finding expedition. I think we need to gather a better idea of what our allies are like. Hmm, there might be a glitch with Omoikane if it didn't get logged - I'll check it out when we get back. Until then, I guess you'll just have to come with us to keep Control happy."

Click to reveal.. ( Bluffing)

Ditracting Looks: Make a DC 17 Will Save, or suffer a -4 to Sense Motive to resist her Bluff.

Bluff Check: 1d20+16=33

"I don't think we should have the mecha in full view, though. Gordon, why don't you set down here, and hide your Valk beneath the waves, and we'll pick you up? I'm sending you a message with a convenient location." Along with Seraphine's eminently reasonably request, a message containing a map of the surroundings with a highlighted area blinked on Gordon's HUD.

Seph's posturing was slightly lost in the translation from the IR image that Gordan had been watching, but she had generally been talking along the lines that he had intending following anyway.

"Heh, if that's what you want to convince them of then good luck to you. Got your map location. Yeah, it will do. It's one of half a dozen I'd been considering. By the way, who's brought the local cash to pay for tonight?"

He continues to fly cover for the boat, matching it's speed but 200ft up.

The rest of the trip was easy enough, with a short stop to pick up Gordan after he hid his machine. The expedition continued on to Oahu arriving around 9 pm. The sounds of the city greeted them as they pulled up to one of the more seclluded docks. They could see the lights of bechside bars and restaraunts all along the coast.

Roxanne barely listened to her sister and just tried to make it through this event without fainting or embarrassing herself too much.

She stared unfocused into the distance trying to get a hold of herself and thought about the reasons for her chronic pains. In her current state she wouldn’t be able to fly any kind of Mecha or plane. Roxanne missed the whole conversation and ‘conflict’ about who was supposed to be where and when and that they were about to break rules that could cost them all their flight-status.

Maybe I shouldn’t be flying anyway… Roxanne thought her dark mood reflecting in her deep blue eyes. There was an odd sadness in her look, something she couldn’t shake off.

"How quaint, actual, physical money," Seraphine said with an arched brow, holding her hand out to Conrad to get a share. "Care to spread the wealth around, Conrad? I'll reimburse you once we return to Pan City."

As Conrad doled out the cash, Sera turned to her sister, seeing the dark look in her eyes. She smothered the stab of guilt she felt behind a practiced smile that could melt hearts. Can't let her dwell.

"Okay people, this is a fact-finding mission, remember? I think we should spread out and see as much of the city has to offer as possible. Let's split into three teams and go on from there." Sera linked her arms with Bill and Roxy, her fingers twining with her twin's, giving them an encouraging squeeze.

"Team one, my team, obviously, will start out there," Sera said, pointing with her chin at the loudest and brightest of the dockside bars. "Teams two and three, well, I'm giving you your own discretion. Let's move out and have some fun! Oh, I mean gather intel."

Seraphine began strutting towards the bar she had 'claimed', Bill and Roxy in tow, willing her sister to be infected with her care-free spirit. I will not let you succumb, sis.

Gordan looked at Roxy with some concern as the pain she was in was obvious on her face and the set of her shoulders and body.

As they walked, or strutted in the case of the Chief, towards the bar Gordan took Roxy's other arm to lend her his support. Leaning over he said gently to her, "Bar's have seats, so you'll be able to rest a little, and a few drinks might take the edge off the pain you're in. I assume it's your injuries from the crash playing up?"

„Can we not talk about that, please?“, Roxanne answered trying to suppress the embarrassement in her voice. She managed to hold on to him barely feeling his support. Gordan could tell that Roxanne was unusually heavy for her built and once they reached a seat in the bar she claimed it with much relief. The wooden floor cracked audibly under her weigth which caused a few eye brows to raise.

„I’m sorry Gordan… I didn’t mean to be rude. I’ll… I can’t talk about it here, please.“, she pleaded while her eyes searched Sera’s for help.

Roxanne stared briefly at Gordan surprised by his compassion and probably good intentions. He was even looking at her eyes and not talking to her chest.

„I… just water for now. Thanks.“

After the drinks got served and some nervous looks back and forth filled by some awkward silence Roxanne picked up the conversation again. „What’d I like to talk about? No one asked that before… actually I haven’t given it much thought. I’ve been too busy getting back into the drill and I’m still worried what will become of CFT (Combat Flight Training) now that I’m back to flight status…“, it sounded a bit like an excuse and it was hard to tell what she was really worried about.

Roxanne’s amazing deeb blue eyes locked briefly with Gordan’s before she broke contact again and took a quick sip of her glass of water. Her insecure behaviour was unexpected in this setting – normally she was more sure of herself – when she was in a cockpit but here she appeared vulnerable and less confident.

Unofficial team one stepped into the bar and it immediately went silent - except for the jukebox - as every eye turned to stare in rapturous awe at the pair of twins with the matchless curves and odd, wanton, clothing. For her part, Seraphine was a little disconcerted by the smoke fill air and slack-jawed stares of the seamen. She knew that she and Roxy attracted more than their fair share of looks, but still, it was like men in this time had never seen a woman before.

Looking around with an arched brow, Sera noticed the few women in the bar and the pin-ups tacked to wall, and realized that men in this time really hadn't ever seen a pair of women even remotely like herself and Roxy. Even this Betty Grable who predominated the posters on the wall didn't really seem that impressive.

With a sniff, Sera threw back her shoulders, bulging, half-bare breasts making the assembled mass of masculinity groan in lust, then strutted to the bar, heels clacking loudly on the wooden floor, an extra sway to her hips. Sera caught her sister's look as she and Gordon found a both and gave her a discrete sign that the twins had developed among themselves that said, 'Have fun and flirt!' Sera and Bill continued to the bar.

Sera licked her lips as she saw the wall of bottles behind the bar, putting an arm around Bill's neck as she settled herself on his lap, legs crossed captivatingly. She tapped at the bar, trying to get the bartender's attention, which worked, to a degree. He spun around then become lost in the most amazing cleavage he had ever seen. Sera tried ordering three times, but the bartender apparently didn't understand female speech. She folder her arms in a huff, which only served to emphasize the incredible thrust of her bustline.

"What can I get'cha and yer... lady?" the bartender asked Bill, finally pulling his eyes from the depths between Sera's breasts. He obviously didn't see - or willingly chose not to notice - the dangerous glint in Sera's narrowed eyes. The way the bartender said 'lady' made it sound like 'whore'. With an arm wrapped around her waist, Bill could feel the tenseness in Chief's body.

"Whiskey shots for both of us, leave the bottle."

He smiles. "Word of advice, If ya don't stop starin' friend, I'm gonna hafta remove yer eyes."

He nods. "Or the lady might do so herself, She won't be half as gentle as me."

Around the Bar the Caballeros were already getting into the Swing of things. Several were wagering on the pool table, with Jimmy already setting up the poor "modern" guys. Danny was chatting up a couplee of the Waves, and the rest were enjoying the atmosphere at a table waiting for their drinks.

Conrad downed his drink, indulging in the taste of the beer. Real Beer! This would be something to brag about, he noted.

Soon after, he and Calvin started taking bets on darts with more inebriated 1940's men. With his coordination and charm, it wasn't hard to get them to lay the money down and then take it after one perfect bulls-eye toss.

The few women the Caballeros weren't chatting up looked at the Twins and Juliana with disdain, muttering about how they should cover up.

In the Beach Pit, the bar Buck and Conrad and co had chosen, things were heating up as the "moderns" were quickly getting irritated at losin their money... and in a couple of cases their women.

"Hey, you guys think you're pretty hot stuff coming in here? Think you can just do whatcha like huh?" Two big Navy types towered over Bobby Begay, one of Buck's team. "Look Friends I don' want no trouble. I'm just here to shoot some pool and get piss drunk, what say I buy a couple for us and we all go shoot a game or two, friendly of course."

The Two Navy men didn't seem to be buyin and it could quickly get ugly as there were at least fifteen other Navy men in there along with a dozen marines.

Hearing the sounds of imminent trouble, Conrad swooped in with a tense smile. "Come on guys," he said calculatingly, "all of us came here to have fun." Then he appealed to an old soldier's worry. "A fight's the last thing we all want." His face went rather scared as he delivered the next line. "Do ya want the officers to hear about a fight? They won't like it. Unless there's nothing for them to hear about, right?"

Click to reveal..

Bluff +16

(20:49:09) ChatBot: (Conrad) rolls 1d20 and gets 10.

10 + 16 = 26.

That should do it.

Conrad nodded and they got started. He was a good player, but Bobby was... hell awesome. Sure they lost the first one, but that was a ploy to draw the pair in. Several "close victories" later, the two Callaberos had increased their winnings tremendously. Fortunately, no got as angry as they had before the pool games.

Sera downed the shot of whiskey, then another, savouring the taste as it burned down her throat - not exactly what she was used to, but it did have a certain, rough charm that suited the primitive time. She saw the looks the women gave her, could imagine what they were saying, and glared right back, drinking another shot of whiskey. She was really beginning to feel good!

"That's it! We're dancing - get up, Cowboy!" Seraphine hopped from Bill's lap, steadied herself on his shoulder, then tugged him towards the dance floor, sauntering outrageously.

Eyes half closed, she let the music take her. It was simplistic, but lively, and she had no trouble dancing to it, her back pressed against Bill's chest, one hand on her hip, the other beneath her breasts. Her exotic, carefree, and openly sensual movements drew disapproving comments from the women, and slack-jawed stares from the men. She didn't seem to care either way, a gesture exhorting Roxanne and Juliana to join her on the dance floor.

Gordan smiled at Roxy's hesitancy, he guessed that normally she was hiding behind the front of the master pilot or the pop star and rarely actually spoke to someone out of those roles. "I don't think you will need to worry about the training schedule much. After all noe of us assigned to the Ark were novices to begin with and in the current circumstances I reckon we are going to get plenty of flight hours in. Probably need to think more about integrating yourself into the rest of the Skulls and perhaps about the schedule for CAP."

He took a sip of his drink, something called a cola and waved off Sera's invite to dance - Roxy was in no fit state to do so really. The performance earlier tonight must have been particularly draining to try to cover how rough she is obviously feeling.

Buck came over to Conrad and smiled. They had the same rank, but Buck was far senior in experience. "Conrad, The boys are havin some trouble over at Big Monty's down on the beach. You smoothed things out here pretty good, you think you can go handle things there?"

Archived