[Fiction] Family Excursion

Long

"It's alright." The children marveled at the three feral looking novas. Misato nodded. "I always wanted to ask Miss Aki, and you too Miss Snow, Why do you look like you do?" It's actually rare for novas to manifest abilities and appearances like you have."

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aki's ears flicker a little as the flush slowly fades from them as she hears the children giggle a little a couple come forward looking towards her and snow with a curious look. A slight look of confusion crosses her face as she ponders the question. Her eyes look over the little children for a few moments before a coy smile plays across her muzzle.

"Well the same question could be asked about you. Why do you look like you do?" She lets the question sit for a moment, "In truth we do because we are, we are what we are to be."

Slowly she sits back placing the plate at her side having finished her meal letting the children ponder her reply enjoying the confused look upon there faces for the moment. "In truth I have only known what I am currently to be as I am clearly. I have not really known fully what I was before but some vague memories that elude me to a degree that I am recalling. I did have a human form, but I can't recall it. Nore am I able to become what I was yet...."

Aki pauses for a moment, "But I can tell you what I know of myself as you see now. Although more direct questions would be more suiting then those that are vague such as the first question you have given me. In which I asked you right back which has no real answer then the one in which you find with in yourself. The answer you seek is always different for each human and nova like."

• 2 weeks later...

Long shakes his head. "We were people once too, but now we're more Misato. sometimes the expression of powers becomes a permanent thing." He smiles and extends his hand, allowing the youths to see his hand, his claws virtually invisible in their slits. He tenses his fingers slightly and large ebony claws pop out making them jump back. "My claws are permanent just like a cat's."

"Something within me made them that way when they were expressed. it can be a bad thing, but We novas are adaptible, and I've learned to deal with it."

"That doesn't explain why you look like a Tiger, Aki a Fox Dragon and Snow a leopard."

He sighs. "I was influenced by the man who mentored me, I look like him, but I'm told that such a thing is rare. We look this way because we're supposed to."

They both nodded and then left, seeking to talk to the doctors, leaving Snow, Aki and Endeavor alone with Long.

"Well Ladies, what now?"

Aki chuckled softly watching the kids jump back as Long showed off his hand and how the claws came out. She listened and watched for a while nodding slightly in agreement as the converstation slowly ended allowing the kids, novas and other humans to leave to attend to their own agendas.

"Well I am actually full at the moment feeling a little tired after eating nearly everything insight.. I just couldn't help myself" She giggles a little sticking out her tongue leaning back slowly as she rested on her hands. Her right hand move to rub over the nice swell of her belly as her eyes closed slowly enjoying the belly rub she gave herself.

"Mrrrr... It feels strange and yet so nice having this weight... But at the same time so strange. Although it feels oh so nice getting a belly rubs like this makes me almost melt." A soft chuckle escapes her lips as she looks at Snow and Long watching with a slight grin.

"So, what are you two going to be up to now?"

Snow blushed at the insinuation from Aki, certainly she'd thought about it, but it was very improper to think of Long that way. "I-i-i Have no plans... Perhaps I will go on patrol.."

Long shook his head. "Nonsense you work hard every other night here, tonight you can stay with novas like yourself."

Long looks to Endeavor. There's a ton of gear to go over, but this is supposed to be a vacation. "A bath would be nice."

Aki blinks a little for a moment looking shocked at the suggestion of choosing what to do. But a soft chuckle escapes her lips as she sighs some, "Well honestly I wouldn't know the first thing to do here. There is so much to explore and see.... I would have to honestly say let either you or Long choose since you been here more times then I have it might be wise. You know I like to walk on the wild side quite often."

You know, I'm not a good self-starter these days.. been paying attention with what I should with the children and all really doesn't leave anything for free time.

she sighs.

Then again, We should try to actually do something that would be more entertaining than educational soon, or this trip would be a bit boring. I hear the Tuna population near our base camp is REALLY well stocked right now. Might be good for fishing.

Anything else anyone here is interested in?

Snow nodded. We have good hunting rounds in the mountains, and the fishing is quite good, though if you want big ones we have to go further offshore."

She shrugs. "I know of a nice hotsprings the Doctors sometimes use when they want to relax, it's very nice and secluded.

Long nods. "Well it's late to go fishing and we don't really need anymore. Hunting's the same issue. It's getting late, so I'd prefer not to go too far from Camp, you never know if tonight will finally be the night Cade and Origami finally get their shit together." He smiled. "One can only hope, he's been pursuing her for awhile now."

He sighs. "We could take a nice little run through the woods... I'd personally like the idea of the hotspring."

"A hot spring pool sounds nice...." Aki thinks for a moment and nods slightly, "I think that will be a good idea. It is indeed to late in the day to really hunt or even fish. We already ate and taking more then what we need is a waist and could draw preditors or scavangers we might not want sniffing about for some foods."

Hrm... while I'd like the hot springs, the minerals are harsh to my skin unless I dorm down. Dries it out once I get out of the spring's water.

Sort of sad though Origami doesn't really figure out Cade's on to her. She spends more time making lesson plans and what not than actually attending to her own world outside of her books. At least that's what I'm afraid of.

Didge's another story... DigiGeist's been scouting the countryside alone lately. Said there was one sort of freak bird out there he wanted to bring down. It's been trashing sensor grids along the northern base frontier, and I really want to make sure such a thing is only afraid of what's been deployed and not anything else...

I really should at some point check to see if the sensors are putting off some sort of sub-sonic harmonic that scares animals...

But I digress, I think Didge's being paranoid.

As for fishing, might join a fishing expedition sometime before we leave to sort of get some nice sea air. Tomorrow might be a good time do do that. I'm sure the older kids would appreciate a good outing.

As for worrying about predators, they stay on the fringes of the base. Been using some excess to use as bait for the observation cameras around the area to see what they are and what they do. Of course, far enough away not to drop hints on our location. 100 kilometers out I think is a safe distance... Wouldn't want the scavengers to think we got a restaurant here.

"Let him go hunt then. He can't bring it home with him. Would do him some good to have some fun too."

He looks to Endeavor and nods. "Then I'll dorm too, that way you won't be alone. He looks at Aki. "I don't think you've ever seen me dormed." He looked to Snow. "I know you haven't."

He chuckled when he thought of Cade and Origami. "To think ne of the most attractive males around is pursuing and generally getting shot down by a nova librarian..."

"We can go over the harmonics later. Let's just enjoy the first day. We can go fix things tomorrow."

Aki shakes her head a little and looks towards Long in a curious manner, "I have not seen you dorm down... What exactly does that mean?"

She slowly rises to her feet with a soft grunt, "Mrf, man still not used to getting up at times with this weight around me like this." She flushes a little.

"So I have heard the term used many times and its true I haven't seen you in your dormed down state before... What is it exactly and what does it do?"

She tilts her head slightly pondering for a moment as her wings rustle slowly streching out behind her as she rumbles deeply. "Mmmm I don't recall ever being anything else then I am now clearly... Vaugely I may dream about some oddities and stuff that I don't recall doing before but yet they some times seam so real." She shrugs a little.

"Dorming down" is the act of switching off your nova abilities and everything else... you literally return to a human state. At least until you wish to switch on again.

I've heard certain abilities don't switch completely when dormed, but that's not fully my specialty understanding the differences between our forms.

Endeavor leans back a bit

I've not wanted to dorm down lately, not wanted to. Only do it when it would benefit me... Although at times it's fun to remember where you came from.

"It helps keep us honest in truth." He looks to the three nova women and smiles. "Let's go." Snow rises first and grabs towels for them all and then leads them through the woods a ways to a secluded hotspring. It's easy to tell because of the steam. Long smiles when he sees it. "Now that's what I'm talking about."

He strips away the Eufiber he'd been wearing and lays it on a rock nearby. He stands there white and black furred and smiles to the women. "Common courtesy calls for the ladies to go first."

Aki follows along behind the other nova's taking in the sights, sounds and smells of the surrounding area. She smiles a little with a soft rumble as it does remind her of her first home in the wooded areas around the cave. A soft sigh escapes her as she ponders about the old days and the fun times she had. It is not long before they reach the hot springs the steam rising up in the air before them as she watches Long strip down. A soft giggle escapes her as a sly grin plays across her muzzle.

"Is that so... Well then, I shan't be the one to not take advantage of that offer." She rumbles a bit deeply walking towards the hot springs as she slips out of her own eufiber completely letting it fall to the ground were she once stood. Her fur and scales keeps her quite modest indeed. She walks past long and grins slightly more so hips slightly swaying as she steps into the hot water. Her tail comes around and gently slap's him across the rump as she giggles.

"The waters really warm.. Careful you don't over do it." She looks over at the other girls with a wink before slipping on down into the water with a soft sighing moan quite enjoying the warmth bathing over her. "Ohhh... Indeed good.."

Sakurako follows along with Long, enjoying the forests that in her original home world were all gone, paved over by human progress. As they reach the hot springs, Sakurako dorms down, her chalk-white skin and pink hair dissapearing revaling the human she was. Shorter, and plainer looking. Indistinguishable from an average Japanese female. She brushes her long black hair from her lightly freckled face.

So this is it huh? I suppose wearing my suit here would be cheating...

She grabs a towel from Long and hits a button on her form-fitting suit she designed for exploring this new world. It loosens enough to take off by slipping through the neck. She's quick to cover her lower regions as she starts into the springs iitself.

Ah... It's been a while since I've enjoyed one of these.

He walks into the water and sits down, dorming, his muscles and bone popping as his body returns to it's original form. Long raven black hair flows down his back and scars cover his torso and arms. It was the first time she'd seen Long like this. He actually looked vulnerable for once.

The elder nova emerged from the water to where they could see most of his torso and smiled. "NOW that feels good." His clear blue eyes beheld Snow sitting outside.

"Snow, come in." "I-i-i Can'.."

"We're all adult novas here. get in and enjoy this opportunity to relax. You won't get too many once we're gone. best to take them now."

The Snow leopard looking woman demurely climbed into the hotspring sitting low and stretching out so that she was no taller than the others.

He looked over at Sakurako and Aki. "See I told you this would be nice. It's alright to relax."

"Well you have had 4 kids come into your life, plus me, plus Aki, and everyone else. It's alot even for people like us Sakurako." His voice was less feral, but still a deep baritone. He smiled and looked at the others.

Aki slowly sank into the water as it came up to her neck. Her head rested against the ground behind her as she sighed heavily. A deep rumble welling though her chest as the water vibrated around her. She couldn't help it enjoying herself as she layed out in that hot water savoring every moment.

"Still this is my first time mind you having pups of my own... err.. kids I mean." She looked lazily over at Long, "An I don't know what to expect honestly... A little excited to be honest... I.. Don't know what to expect."

"I'm just glad I get to share this with you now. Few novas can claim to be the only men with 3three beautiful nova companions."

He looks at them. "So what do all of you think? Is this the right world to try to make our home?"

Snow suprisingly spoke first. "It is, if you want a fresh start. I can't confirm the rest of the world but there's no humanoids around here in Asia. There is a bounty of food sources and the ground is rich with mineral resources. As the scientists told you, there are subtle differences, but not many."

Long nods rolls his shoulder around, obviously in discomfort. "The older I get the more all the wounds this form shows hurt..."

He offers a weak smile. "At least my early assessment is right though."

Sakurako adjusts herself in the water.

I agree it's a fresh start. We can make this world our own easily. All we need is a chance. To me this is a chance not only to start fresh, but start right. Hopefully we can keep ourselves to a way that respects this planet without holding ourselves back.

I like the way things are, but I would also see what we can accomplish on this planet.

"The world here is what we make of it. If we choose to do good or ill is based on our actions we take here and now. We can make this our new home but such a place shouldn't be known to others then those you can trust. Just imagine the out cry if wind of this place got out to those on earth. Many will not take it to well..." Aki sighs softly, "You know how humans are.. The same could be said about other novas that would wish to take advantage of such a place...."

Aki splashes snow with some water and giggles a little and then splashes long and endeavor as well. "Although if there is any life on this plant that is near on par to our own that has begun. We should take steps to ensure we don't affect there evolution but if we choose to step in we should be careful..."

Agreed Aki...

To be honest outside of animal rescue and rehabilitation, we really shouldn't get involved with this planet's life forms. Stick to observation and study over capture and dissection.

Although researching subjects who are already dead is a different matter. As long as we're not taking any food from a scavenger.

Long nods and chuckles. "I've found nothing more than things that would be considered animals here, by a human standard."

He sighs. Honestly, we come here really to get away from home and we end up talking philosophy."

he chuckles. "I love my family." He looks over at Aki and Sakurako and then to snow who was trying it seemed to blend in with the mist. She blushed the second she realized his gaze had fallen on her. "Come now, you can't be embarassed still."

"I'm a servant, and yet you've invited me here.."

"As a sign of acceptance and favor Snow. You've done extremely well here, protecting the people here and sacrificing alot by staying here. I just wanted to say thank you in some small fashion."

"Indeed. You've done well enough playing Sakurako the Mom, but remember you have to balance all the aspects of your life. I honestly wasn't suprised when they both said "momma" before they said "daddy.""

He looks over to Aki. "My goal is to get at least one to say Daddy first this time."

Even as a man his blue eyes radiated mischief, and even Snow chuckled.

• 2 weeks later...

Aki chuckled softly and shook her head slowly, "My my.. What an interesting and lofty goal you have there mr. tiger." She giggles a little splashing Long. As she leans back a little with a slight grin.

"An some how some part of you likes seeing your ladies nice and rounded in a way..." She sticks out her tongue being playful herself as she enjoys the nice warmth of the water rumbling deeply with a blissful sigh as she casually watches snow reactions for the last few hours. She chouldn't help but to smile slightly keeping to herself for the moment about what she has noticed.

Long nodded. "I do love my children yes." He splashed her back, managing to get Sakurako too.

Snow sat there watching intently. She'd never seen his real human form, and knew that getting to was a tre privelage, an expression of his trust in those around him.

She caught Silvertalon looking at her, and a flash of panic went through her eyes. Silvertalon knew her secret.

Aki just grined slightly more as snow shown a sign of slight panic as she kept it quite under wraps. The splash caught her slightly off guard as she giggled ab it and growled at long. "Hey now.. No splashy washy.. Heavily laden females you know." She stuck out her tongue and giggled a bit more. As she returned the splash in much greater volume nailing snow with the mini-tidal wave.

Aki laughed a little looking at snow in how wet she was as it was amusing to see such a wet cat with its fur matted down like that. But hey she was in the same boat as well as the two furred nova's clearly looked pretty silly.

She slowly trailed her taloned claws though the water for a moment in thought. "You know in some species of animals on earth tend to be quite the aggressive ones. It's interesting seeing how they claim there males and then again its quite interesting watching the same take place. In some packs or even social groups its not uncoman for alpha and or beta to have there own circles with in them. Animals are quite a fun creature to observe and watch. What are your thoughts on the subject snow?" She hummms a little asking an innocent sounding question in front of long and end but yet was it was much more so directed towards snow. Aki was curious as she very carefully worded her question not to arise longs supscions.

The soaking managed to break the young leopardess nova's concentration and she dissected the Foxdragon's comment as she recovered. "Indeed there are some species like that, though, Cats are seldom among them."

She smiles and sends a wave of water back at her, splashing Long as well. She blushes Deeply seeing him rise from the water. "So sorry!"

Long looks at her and then begins to laugh. "I think that's the first playful thing I've seen you do since I've known you Snow. Maybe you're finally learning to loosen up."

His brilliant smile and clear blue eyes mesmerized her as she thought about him, both as he was, and in his more natural form, the one she'd emulated.

• 2 months later...

Sakurako doesn't mind the playfulness. Maybe she just has her mind too caught up in her own world to realize what I'm missing she thinks to herself as she wipes some water splashed in her face off. "Oh the animals here are the perfect analogue to animals on the old earth. Just watch for the terror birds though, they... are aggressive no matter the gender."

She leans back more into the water and takes in more of the steam from the bath. Closing her eyes she returns to her Nova state. Her characteristic white skin appears after her body's internals change into a bio-polymer. Sakurako adapts to her body's change of buoyancy before leaning back again.

"Then again, now that we are the apex, anything they do is minuscule." She says with a smirk, almost enjoying the last statement. She allows her retractable tail to suddenly pop out of the water and splash Silvertalon like an angered snake.

"Gotcha." Sakurako says with a wink.

Long chuckles and returns to his natural form. The expansion caused water to cascadea around him splashing all three females at once, As the now Eight Foot nova stood in the bath,his waist just above the water line in the deeper part of the spring. He laid back and swam between Aki and Sakurako and laid back, his head against the rocky ring around the spring. "Now that did feel good."

"I got ALL of you." He said smiling impishly.

Aki chuckles as she got splashed but all the while she was moving slightly as her hand reached out quickly coming up out of the water all of a sudden. Sakurako's tail was grabbed as she growled playfully with a wicked little grin she pulled hard enough to dunk Sakurako tail first! Aki laughed as Sakurako shot right out of the water like ball released below the water as she went flying a few feet above water.

"Pop! goes the weasel.." She myrrs in a cute tone giggling as turned to look at Long with a smirk and Snow. "Awww don't be shy.. Join in the fun you just might like the little romp.." She winks to the two as she rose out of the water using her heavy tail sending a nice big wave of water at them. "Besides, your both all wet!" She sticks out her tongue at the two knowing full well they could indeed pounce her in revenege for the big splashing.

Long smiles, But doesn't move, instead Snow appears behind Aki and jumps up on her, dunking her into the water. Long Laughs hard, before The Feline female turns her amber gaze on him, and grabs one of his big feet and pulls him under.

He rises from the water, shaking it everywhere. "Oh so now it's two on one eh? Comee here!" His big arms snake out grabbing both of them, and pulling them under.

He chuckles and then lays back, having kicked up a fresh cloud of steam. "Why did it take so long to do this?"

Aki meeps as she suddenly dunked below the water with snow at the same time as the two female nova's go under suddenly. Long chuckled as he sat back and watched the water before him waiting for them to rise out of the water gasping for air a few moments passed and neither of them came up. Before Long could act his legs were firmly grasped and he was yanked under by the two female nova's roughly giving him no chance to get out of his dunking.

Snow and Aki came bursting out of the water at the same time as they looked at each other with a wide grin and back at the spot were Long was dragged under as Aki giggled softly.

"Ohhhh! I think we over did it.. He's now one wet pussy!" Aki winked towards snow and then laughed a bit more as she saw a shadow below the water move as the two quickly moved about the hot tub not wanting to be easily caught by the tiger shark below the water. As the two female nova's tried to keep out of his grasp for a few moments longer.

Long appeared behind Snow engulfing the smaller feline nova in his arms and dunking her, even as Aki felt something curl around her leg, pulling her under. Long's tail released her and returned to its normal length, as he smiled.

"I think everyone's abit wet now, Aki."

Snow made no effort to free herself from the embrace of Long, actually fighting the urge to pur.

Aki meeped sharply as she was pulled under falling backwards and vanishing under the water. She came up laughting as she shook herself off and looked towards Long. "Hey now.. No fair.." She casually splashed the two with a smirk. She did notice snow's reluctance to move and even the fact she was holding back something.

She just smirked slightly and turned around crossing her arms a bit, "Correction.. Now there is two wet pussies! An a soaking wet foxy." She giggles turning around to face them raising an eye brow. She clearly had a bemused look across her face looking at the two.

Archived