[Fiction] Family Excursion

Long

It was a beautiful day. Long had already gone ahead the night before and ensured that everything essential was ready for his little family trip. The scientists were prepared, and a large home had been errected for them. He smiled, grabbing two of the batteries he used to extend his reserves, and then made his way through the house rounding up his family.

"Sakurako, are you and the twins ready yet?"

"Aki? what about you?"

He smiled as Misato and Benkei rounded the corner from their rooms and were the first to arrive. "Can we go can we go?"

"Of course this is a family affair. Everyone is going. You two can go first. Just don't wander off and be sure to listen to snow while you're there. She's there to keep everyone safe." "Ok Father."

He laid a hand on each of them and in an instant the felt reality contort and then they reappeared in a clearing in the small cluster of buildings.

"Now I'm going to go back and get the others. Just wait here."

he vanished and of course the elder twins didn't listen, exploring the area a little. That was how they first met Snow.

six and a half feet tall, much more hunanod than their adoptive Father, she had the black and white pelt of a beautiful snow leopard, and penetrating yellow-green eyes. "Hello Misato, Benkei. I am Snow. Long-sama has spoken very much about the two of you."

Accustomed as they were to Long's natural form, and that of Aki, Snow was only a suprise in her beauty. She was a picture of perfect feline grace, and her eyes bespoke of true devotion to the Hideyoshi family.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aki slowly walked into the living room as she heard Long call out for her. A smile played across her muzzle as she nodded, "Well just about as ready as a long tailed cat in a room filled with rocking chairs hon." She giggles softly as her right hand rubbed the three-ish month swell in her middle. A slight flush filled her ears a little as her form slowly shifted back to her natural look. It has been a little rough for her to hold her foxen form for long periods of time lately.

Aki nodded as long took the children first. As she turned to Sakurako watcher her enter the room to find her standing there alone. "Long took the little ones ahead he will be back for us in a couple minutes... Although.. I am curious.. How.. Was it... I mean.." She flushes very deeply really unsure to ask what questions. It is clear to Sakurako that she is asking about how it was like when she had her children. Aki's long tail swayed in a very nervious like manner behind her.

"If you're expecting it to be easy... it won't be. My body could adapt to having... passengers. One of the few things that make me not mind how my powers work." She says, with a smile, patting Silvertalon's belly. "I won't sugar coat it though... it's still rough." She says, somewhat serious. "Are you sure you're up to this trip? should be the question." She says, reading Silvertalon's posture. "Ryoma and Mizuki are a handful already and they haven't even shown one power yet. I dread when that day comes because then my job watching our little hatchlings is gonna get rough."

She straightens her shoulder length hair, after smoothing out a few wrinkles on her armored bodysuit. She knows Sidreal Earth can be rough to newcomers.

"Ryu! The twins are with Kyoko and Digigeist!" Sakurako shouts ahead to Long. "Silv... we should continue our conversation in route. I get nervous being away from the little ones."

"They are not alone over there, snow guards the enclave well, I'm quite sure Snow can handle the two of them."

Finishing up he took Sakurako and Silvertalon then returned for Kyoko, Cade, and Digigeist.

With the entire family there He drained one of the batteries completely.

He smiled to find Misato and Benkei already being a handful for Snow. He made the introductions to the young Feline nova and his family and then he smiled.

"So what would you all like to see first?"

"I see..." Aki softly says to herself listening to Sakurako closely looking down at her belly a little. So far it hasn't been to hard on her at the start but as time continued on she did indeed feel the weight and gravity of the situation has been affecting her in different ways. She found it a little harder to use her powers and abilities. She knew Long's practices and training was less intensive and in mock matches he has let her win and held back quite often. She was deep in thought for the moment and when Sakurako's hand rubed her belly she was brought back to the moment. A slight flush filled her ears as she smiled a little with a nod.

"I see, I guess it would be best to talk later about this. I might have more questions to ask." She turns her head towards the left of her the moment before Long appears and smiles, "I am ready, I do not require anything to take." She grins slightly, "Maybe the entire fridge full of meat.. But.. I might eat the whole thing later." She gives Sakurako a wink.

Upon arriving to the new world her eyes blinked a few times as they adjusted to the light. The clean air was the first thing she noticed and then the different scents before her vision cleared she saw young feline nova, compound or outpost that looked very rugged compared to the sleek construction of modern civilization. As Long introduced her to snow she smiled a little and nodded as her wings rustled a little and long tail swayed back and forth.

"Long's mentioned you a few times over the past week. It's nice to meet you Snow." Aki softly rumbles taking a moment to look snow over carefully as she has always done with new people she meets.

"What shall we see first...." She looks at Sakurako and giggles a little before walking up behind long and placing her hands on his shoulders as she growls into his right ear. "First, we just need to relax a bit from traveling here.. Get something to eat.." Her belly rumbled loudly in hunger as she slightly flushed and gave a cute pout look. "Hey it's not my fault.. This belly of mine has a mind of its own." She laughs and slaps Long's rump before walking away tail swaying in a playful manner. She winks to Sakurako, "Besides I think it would be best to to enjoy a brunch.. What do you think?"

"That's true. We should get something adequate for your hunger." Sakurako says walking up to Silvertalon. "I'm not too sure if Long wants to hunt, and I need to check on some numbers real quick with some of the scientists on site. Just a read-over."

She smiles. "Then again, I do know of a large herbivore that lives on this archipelago that might suprise you. Remember some of the talk about the large birds that live on this version of Earth?" Sakurako wonders just how enthusiastic Silvertalon would be for a hunt. Perhaps getting some native supplies in for the outpost would be a good idea as well. "Or, since the fish supplies aren't over-fished, we could try the seafood route. I hear rumors that even large tuna get close to the coast in their schools. Just depends... if you're up for chicken, or sushi..."

She straightens herself out, regaining her balance a little bit when the after effects of arrival finally get to her. "Just... no teleporting, I hate my teleport sickness." Sakurako Indeed at one point did infact get reallly ill for a few minutes as she got her feet back under her after a teleport. But with all the travel she does with Long, it's now only a mild irritant. Never seemed to happen with her transmitting, which annoys her to no end. She sits on the ground for a moment, to recollect herself.

"Don't worry about me, my inner ear will catch up in a few seconds."

Long nods. "You all stay here, We'll go find something." he looked to Cade and the two former Elites vanished.

Snow looked around and sighed. "I had already killed a large Arioch in the mountains, and caught several large Tuna in anticipation of your arrival. The meat is all in cold storage as I did not know exactly when you'd show up."

The feline nova's tail flicked about in the same manner Long's did when he was annoyed.

She looked to Aki, noting her condition, and already assuming Long was the Father. "I do believe you just need to rest until he returns. I can show you one of the Domicile tents, and provide you with some of the food that is prepared."

To Sakurako and the Others. I can introduce you to Dr. Morisato and the others on staff at the labs. They're a very nice bunch of people."

Aki noticed snows tail flicker back and forth with annoyance with a slight grin and soft chuckle. She knew that type of body language all to well herself. As Long and Sakurako were a little to busy to notice the suttle body language. Then the felines attention fell upon her as she smiled with a slight flush caught just staring at snow a little to long.

"Erm... Me?" She blinks giving a cute innocent expression, "Rest!?!" She ponders the idea for a moment giving such a silly expression the whole time while thinking about it. "I guess so.. But.. I still think I could sink my fangs in some live prey.. But.. I guess you now better." She sticks out her tongue at snow in a playful manner which could be surprising for some.

"I would be honored to have you show me around Snow... I would like to know what is going on around here a bit better and meet the others it would be nice." She grins slightly more so "Then afterwards we can go snag us a fish or two."

"After showing the others to Dr. Morisato and the lab, Snow leads Aki to the Deep freeze unit.

"If you don't mind it being chilled, I killed two deer, and caught several tuna this morning. It isn't cooked but you're welcome to it."

"Long-sama was very specfic that you did not go hunting. There are some things on this world that can be a danger to an unsuspecting nova, and while he and I have killed most of them on the Islands, the rest of the world is very untamed."

"Given your current condition I understand and agree with his decision there."

Aki followed Snow as she was led around with a few others being introduced to Dr. Morisato and the lab. Although some of work seamed a little dull and boring she listened any ways learning a few things in the process. As they moved on Snow continued the tour of the complex meeting a few other scientists along the way. All the while Aki payed attention to more or less of the details grasping a good idea what was taking place.

Soon it was just Snow and Aki walking and casually talking to one another before long. A Aki stood in front of a large door while Snow opened it slowly. The cold air quickly escaped as the two walked into the cold storage unit.

"I never of guessed there would be so much tech in such a primitive place like this. I could make a guess that the power is supplied by sun or even thermo energy?" She looked towards Snow for a moment before her wings rustled a little the cold air was quite nice as she myrred softly.

"Well I am honestly hungery, although entirely frozen fish or meat is a hardy meal in itself." She chuckles softly tapping the large fish gently with a claw tip. "I do prefer freshly killed or alive prey." a coy smile plays across her muzzle.

"But I do thank you for the offer to partake in some of your food you are willing to share with me. You have caught quite a bounty indeed." Slowly she walks to the door with a coy smile.

"An you say... Such interesting creatures.. Prey.. Lie behind those walls.. In the wild beyound.." She ponders for a moment, "At heart I am a hunter, I enjoy stalking.. Pouncing..." A low snarl rises from her lips. "Sinking my fangs into my prey..." Her eyes slightly close giving Snow quite the devilish smile. "The feel of your prey squirming slowly and then eventually falling prey to its fate.. The rush of the hunt and kill, so intoxicating in so many ways. You have to be careful to not let it consume you."

A soft chuckle rises from her lips, "A shame... I was so looking forward to actually hunting here on this world. I can smell some of the prey species close by not to far. Even in my..." She chuckles softly "Condition I am not one easily subdued. Besides the moment I'd sneak out or leave, most likely without supervision Long would be upon me in a instant." She flushes a bit deeply as Snow can easily see it as she entertains the idea.

"The Master is a powerful hunter, and a great protector. It is my duty to do as he commands and safeguard this enclave, and provide sustenance for everyone hear." Her tone suggests she enjoys the hunt, but views it as a necessity, not quite as Silvertalon does.

"I'm sure he'll allow you to return and hunt, but not right now."

She smiles and nods. "So what is it like Silvertalon, how are things going back in our original homeworld?"

"In the two years I've been here, Long has seldom spoken of home during his time here. I have often wondered if things are that bad, or if it's something else."

• 4 weeks later...

Aki sighed softly, "Much has happened..." She softly replied sounding a little sad. "I guess for some it has been very good and yet still the same as it was. Then for others much has changed in ways one could never expected." Aki turned her gaze away from Snow towards the floor looking to be deep in thought for a few long moments.

"It's hard to say what exactly has changed or if things have improved for better or worse. I wouldn't honestly know to much of the past myself to compare the present with. Although I can sense humanity is getting a little uneasy with our kind and yet at the same time enthralled with us...."

Slowly Aki faced turned to face away from Snow her head slightly lowered. "I guess the reason why Long wouldn't speak much of earth now is probly what took place. Things are changing more and more. As the Great Thunderbird fell from the sky. A resounding blow was felt by those closest to the Great Thunderbird." her voice slowly trails.

A few tears roll down the sides of her cheeks in remembrance of that day. Slowly her right hand moves to wipe the tears collecting herself trying to keep expression hidden from Snow keeping her back facing her.

Snow looked down. "I'm affraid I don't know whom you speak of. Before Long-sama rescued me and brought me here, I ws in a chinese detention center. They feared my powers because I was young and couldn't control them."

She smiles. "But He's helped me work it out. I can control my powers now, though I think the cost sorta woried him." She looked down. "Still, I don't mind looking this way, it was a fair trade."

She reaches out and lays a hand on Aki's shoulder. "As long as you stay with him, you'll be fine. He takes care of those who are important to him."

Aki tensed a little as the hand came down to gently rest upon her shoulder as she turned giving snow a weak smile and nod. the slight dampness under each eye snow can probly tell she was crying but she is doing a good job at hiding it.

"I do know that, Long is very caring, compassionate and devoted. He will always try to get the best out of things and help others as well. A part of him he doesn't want to admit to openly I guess thats due in part to his other half." She chuckles a little turning to face Snow with a slight look of surprise.

"My dear your cost for the power you obtained is far less then my own." A soft chuckle rises from her with a foxish grin. "You can pass off as a human with a little work very easily.. Myself.." She blushes slightly, "I don't honestly remember the warmth of the sun upon my skin before I became this. I don't even know if I could ever be some what normal in sense in the powered down state as Long would say..."

"But my dear snow for what its worth, is it really a disadvantage? Is it really a weakness?" She slightly grins, "I say not, but its a strength in which you can rely on and a growth in which you can learn upon becoming much stronger in the long run. Trust in yourself, don't be ashamed for it is whom you are and to become. No one has the right to tell you otherwise."

"You are wrong. I cannot "Dorm" like he does. I cannot alter my form as the Master does either. This is the form I have now." That said I can tell you why the human form is so important. It gives us a connection to the others. Think of it. What he's attempting to do here is monumental, but beyond family, how many novas will accompany him? It will be a large number of baselines that come with him, with you all when you come to stay. That's why he maintains a human form. He is a God to a regular person, but his normal appearance is very differnt, and humans fear what's different."

"My life and power are Long-sama's to command. I cannot repay the debt I owe him, but I will try. Sheperding these lambs amidst the wilderness is only the beginning."

"What do you mean his Other half? I know he once spoke of his divorce from Timeslip and then marriage of Endeavor. I assume that you are also a part of the family because you carry his children."

"In a way I could be wrong, but in another way I am right. In a way I see things much differently then most would I view nova and humans as one and alike. Indeed we are different as they are also different in a way we need each other. Each fears changed and each fears differences in a different way. Some will embrace change and the differences of one another. I guess its the way one is raised or has learned to view life."

Aki takes a seat on one of the cold crates tilting her head looking at snow carefully. "I may not fully understand your choice or obligation but I will respect it. But in turn your life is also yours to choose your own path. It's by choice and free of will you choose the paths you take. But remember these choices define you make you whom you are today."

"Although I see what he is doing here is giving those with future in which both nova and human can strive in equality with no qualms or hate towards one another. A place in which peace and prosperity can grow and better understanding of ourselves. In a way like lambs guided though the wilderness but its what we make of it in the begining that will define the outcome of the future. Everything hangs on a balance and its up to our children to finish pathing the way." She rubs her belly with a slight flush.

Aki chuckles a little with soft rumble, "Indeed I carry his pups." She flushes a little bit almost glowing. "I.. really don't understand it fully myself to be honest but.. It feels nice having this weight with in me." She rumbles gently rubbing her belly slowly some more. "As in other half much like myself I am just more then what I am.. It's really hard to put it into words. A part of me is known as silver.. Another part of me is talon.... Both are one and the same that makes whom I am at the moment. But if one dominates the other I become something more but not as strong as the whole."

A soft bark of laughter rises from her muzzle seeing Snow's puzzled look.

"Lets just say if I become more draconian. I am prone to destruction... I become more foxen I am prone to trickery and tenderness."

Snow nods. "Ok. I was wondering how a Fox had wings, I know of no legends where one does."

She gestures to the meat around them. "Eat what you will, and then we can rejoin the others. perhaps by then he and his guest will have returned."

Aki smiles with a slight nod, "Well at the moment I am not really that hungry I can wait till the others return. So Snow... Tell me more about yourself if its not to much to ask? In return I will answer what questions I can of myself or what ever I know.. Its only fair wouldn't you say?"

Aki slowly rises to her feet once again her wing rustling a bit as she heads for the door with Snow at her side leaving the cooler.

Snow looks to Aki and nods. "I was born Mei-lin Xiang, in Shanshi province of China, about twenty years ago. When I turned sixteen, I woke to find everything alive within seventy meters destroyed. Everywhere I went organic matter was destroyed by my presence. Several members of the Chinese military, managed to find a way to temporarily neutralize my powers, and they sent me to a detention center in Tibet.

"I first Met a younger Long therw when he came to rescue a Teragen POW held there. He wanted to take me but ithout the drugs I was on, my power would resurface."

she nodded. He left me with a pomise to return. That day came two years ago, when he appeared in the night and spirited me away. In the next year he taught me how to control my power, and helped me channel my power. For that he is my master."

She was a young woman, barely out of her teens, and she was trusted to protect the endeavor here. The responsibility showed, not as a weight, but in the respectful bearing she carried herself with.

"What about you Aki?"

Aki listened as snow told her story nodding slowly from time to time as they walked though the halls. A few people and novas took notice of them for a moment or two and went back to their work as they continued their conversation.

"I see why you would want to choose the path you have taken and I see that he does mean a lot to you as well. He did indeed save you from a unsavory fate or even life and given you a new one with a focus and path." She smiles a little, "It was a lucky thing he noticed you and told you would return or it could of been fate. We will never know. But I do bet it was a part of him that hates to see someone suffer so much in such a way. No one should ever be put into that position reguardless if your human or nova."

A few moments pass as she takes her time to collect her thoughts about the question. "Well I don't remember my real past to much past when I first awoken in a very hostile place. I don't remember that to well although what I do remember is when I ventured to one of the cities in the united stats. I was just roaming about checking the sights and keeping to the shadows. I even kinda stopped some bad men from doing things while I was there.

But fate may have it, I wasn't realized I was being hunted by two novas. At the time I didn't truly understand who they were or what they were so I fled. One I remember was a very strangely alluring human looking male the other was a very large gryphon like creature. When I was confronted it was quite a chance.." She chuckles softly with a slight smile.

"But eventually I was corned the human looking nova tried to seduce me. I had to use every ounce of my will power to resist knowing what he was doing was so wrong and not right. The other realizing my more instinctive nature at the time he challenged me. Of course thinking I was stronger we went at it tooth and claw he was holding back but when I realized my mistake he took me and claimed me."

A deep flush plays across her ears and cheeks as her wings rustle slightly looking at snows expression with a giggle.

"I have to admit I really enjoyed myself... The whole challenge to being taken. I lived with Wakinyan for some time and I learned of Long though him. It turned out he was his brother to what extent I am not entirely sure but now I am happy to know. I enjoyed my time with the Great thunderbird..." She gives Snow a slight wink.

"Although that's another story for another time..."

"Someone else had other plans one day when I was out and about searching for my past whom I was. I was told by someone else whom knew and was good friends with Wakinyan that he was dead. I was taken there.. I saw.. Him for the last time....." She trails off stopping to look out a window with a sigh.

"A full half mile was obliterated completely and it looked like what ever attack him came from the sky. The ozone was burnt so much I could smell made me sick... I lost myself for some time no one came for me or even asked me to go back home." She softly chuckles with a slight growl.

"I bet the other would of let me be lost never to return. I felt so not wanted it was a perfect way to get rid of me.." She softly mutters..

"Anyhow Long found me severely wounded due to a battle I had. I don't know how but he did. I found myself in his home and I stayed with him since then. Over time I grew fond of him and then.. Well.." She blushes a little. "You can see the results.." She sticks out her tongue out at snow with a smirk.

"I see." Before the Feline nova could say more both of them felt the two male novas return. Long was there in, carrying a pair of already dressed deer, Looking every pit the majestic hunter he was.

His companion was another matter. Cade was a brilliant Adonis of physical perfection, and he carried a large boar, already prepared for the spit.

He smiled at the two female novas looking at Snow with enough intensity to make her blush beneath her fur. "Where would you like these? Or should I ask, where can we safely build a firepit to roast these?"

Snow recovered from seeing him and poined over to a small clearing. "There would be the best place, you'll find cords of wood and and firepit already set up."

He looked to Long and nodded. "She reads your intent well, Brother,very Well."

He looked to Aki and smiled. You aren't wrong you know. You just have a different opinion than many of us." He continued Walking.

Aki blinked a little turning in to face the direction of the presence that suddenly appeared seeing Long and the other nova holding a few deers and a large boar. She shook her head and chuckled softly at Longs remark at the end, "Well now the question is how long have you been listening?" She nudges Snow gently as the four walk towards the area were the pit will be made.

"Besides the point sweetie each of our views are very simular in many ways. Although the process of thinking one is better then the other can cause problems in the long run. Being superior in many ways doesn't make you the better creature or person. Even the history of japan you taught me even suggests how thinking one is better then the other has affected the culture, people and views during those periods of time. Still humanity and novas alike still have much to learn of acceptance with out fear and prejeduice."

Aki shurgs a little, "I guess I am thinking to much on the subject.. But in short, I feel both nova and human alike should be treated as equals. An each should help one other as brothers and sisters... I guess neither can truly come to such so easily."

Long chuckles. "I've been here long enough." He continues moving towards the clearing, Cade following. "This place is all about coexistence. It's the test to see if my dream can be made real."

The eight foot tiger-nova leaned the dressed deer spits against a tree, and set about building the fire. When he was done, it was lit and one of the deer was cooked, and given to the children and Aki. The second was for the other novas present, and finally Long and Snow ate of the boar with the baselines present. It was intriguing, the ten baselines eating with an equal number of novas.

• 3 weeks later...

Aki tilt her head slightly in thought as they walked pondering a few things as she slowly nodded a couple times. "I see.." As they wall walked out to the pitt area and she sat down and watched them prepare the deers and boar for eating. A while later the food was cooked as all assembled to feast upon the large meal that was hunted down.

Aki smiled a little watching the assembled slowly nibbling on her portions clearly deep in thought watching and listening to idle conversations. It wasn't long before she finished her first plate and walked over to the pit again to nab another portion of meat along with another refill of her drink.

Aki sat down next to Long and smiled a little, "So... What has your test results come up with thus far.." She softly whispers into his ear giving him a soft nip. She slightly grinned taking a big bite out of her flank of meat with a little growl looking at Long giving him such a devious grin. Indeed she was very curious in her own manner of expressing it as strange as it may be.

Long nodded and motioned to one of the Scientists. "Well we can survive here safely, most diseases are easily handled here, having never mutated for humans. The magnetic field is different than our earths, and the year is one quarter day shorter. Just on the islands food is abundant, though in the mainland there's literally centuries of untapped mineral wealth. With the proper facilities a city could be built easily."

"This world is perfect, and if it's managed right it will easily be a true Utopia."

Aki nods slowly, "I guess all that is very important having the supplies and materials needed to create and build upon. Although what about the ego system. If we started to build what we have on earth here wouldn't it start to effect what is around us. Do you have plans for cleaner and more efficient tech to reduce our foot print so to speak we leave and effect around us?"

Aki looks at the novas and humans talking to one other around the campfire for a few moments before turning to long. Her ears flicker a little, "Humanity and even nova's are a destructive species knowingly or unknowingly with the actions we take. I hate to see such a lovely world become another earth. No place to hunt, to enjoy nature or even enjoy the simple pleasures. You have any plans in the works to keep this world as untouched as possible?

"OF course we do. We employ several here, and any actual city would employ them on a larger scale."

"I chose this world because the only humanity that will be here is what comes with us. We will be careful in who comes with us. No matter what happens, we will keep alive the history and knowledge of our original home, as a warning of how bad it could be."

Ideally this will be a world where we can prove the dream possible."

"I think I understand what your aiming for and I can see your that your intentions are noble. Although making a dream into a reality will take a lot of work from everyone. The real question is... Is everyone ready for such a change and are they willing to follow the path you set before them to make that dream come true?" Aki takes another bite of her venison and watches Long carefully as she is quit curious.

"If I am asking to many questions I am sorry hon.." She flushes a bit, "I.. Am just really curious to see what is on your mind about the subject. How far your willing to go to make your dream a reality."

Long nods. "Questions are welcome. I do not believe that currently people are ready for this sort of change. It is my goal find those who are ready for a change, who can understand my goal, and bring them here. Though perhaps that is best addressed by the men and women who have lived here the last year."

Each of the Scientists, many still in awe of the gathering of novas there, nods, starting with Dr. Morisato. "I only question the timetable, but the opportunity Long has provided is a dream come true, and the challenge of a lifetime all wrapped up in one."

• 1 month later...

Aki's ears flicker as she turns to listen to Dr. Morisato speak and nods slowly thinking for a moment or two. "True the timetable is questionable but I am honestly curious about all your opinions. What makes this such a challenge to you in your respected fields?"

Aki lets them think for a moment before she speaks again after taking a bite of meat.

"Then what do you hope to archive and pass on to those that come after you?"

She watches them carefully for a few moments before speaking once again. "Then my last question and I think the most important would be this..... What is it you are personally hoping find or gain with your unique status and place given to you?"

Aki slowly rises with her empty plate and walks over to the pit to take another large helping of meat. "Please Dr. Morisato, would you like to start? You seam quite pleased about something at the moment and in a good mood." She then walks back taking a seat to listen to each of the scientists in turn learning more about the project and those that work here. There is so much she needs to learn about and understand but first of all is knowing the people which is a very important step.

"IT is a challenge for each of us for one simple reason. This isn't just another world we're on, it's a whole other dimension. This world is similar to ours, yet very different in many ways. We are totally isolated here, with travel only possible through requesting it from Long. To answer your second question, it's our hope that this world and a comprehensive understanding of it will be what we bequeathe to those yet to come."

"As to my personal aspirations, this job is a challenge beyond all others, with hyper advaced technology and the chance to work with some of the top minds in my generation. My family was slain in an accident, I was devastated and suicidal. Through chance I met Long in his human guise, and Long offered me this chance to continue my contribution to the future. My work is all I have."

Aki nods slowly as she listens quietly to his answers to the questions she asked. When he finished she just sat quietly for a few minutes and then smiled, "I see thank you for answering the questions I had. I did learn a bit more about you in a way. An I am glad to see that your work will carry on here giving you a chance to create something in which you can be very proud of. In a way like a parent one could say." She raises her glass to the good doctor.

"It would be a honor to learn a little bit of what you do here. Understand your research so I can understand it a little bit better. I honestly would like to get to know more about what you all do here as well. Although it is entirely your call on the matter I will not pry."

Aki looks down at her plate and notices most of the meat is gone. She shakes her head a little and leans back, "Mrf.. I think I am eating way to much again.." Her right hand moves behind her back resting in her shadow as she looks over towards Long. "Hon am I getting fat?" She makes a cute faux face and sticks out her tongue a little. Her right shoulder dips a bit and right arm slightly moves behind her back.

"Only in the right way." He smiles, prepared for a rather interesting retort from that. His food was disappearing faster than he ate it, but he knew of only one who'd do it. Smiling he set his plade down at his side.

The next scientist described his work in meteorology, then another in metallurgy and Geology. Another in Zoology, another in pathology. The Engineers and various Doctors aall went and smiled as they answered. No one had a family, and all looked forward to the challenge. Morisato smiled. "My colleagues and all are working for a better tomorrow for everyone."

Aki giggled a little eating her food rather quickly that seamed to be more then what was on it. She noticed Long's look and her ears flickered a little as she may of been caught she stopped what she was doing and played innocent as she could listening to the others speak about there professions and what they do. It was indeed interesting to hear of the different fields they worked in.

"I see, so your covering pretty much everything to ensure a very detailed data base of what is discovered and learned as you go. So how much of the eco-system and planet have you acutally gathered information on?"

"I see so you do have your work cut out for all over you. It would indeed be quite a task ahead of you but the rewards are boundless with such knowledge. So what are the most interesting things you discovered so far that are worthy of mention?"

Aki leans back listening intently very curious about this world.

• 3 weeks later...

"Aside from obvious differences in the animals, primarily everything is much larger. There is no representative of humanity on this world, Life hasn't evolved that far."

"Magnetically this wor'd's field is much stronger, and the oxygen level is higher, almost to Triassic levels on our world."

"Most diseases don't exist, and we've come across a few primitive strains that thanks to technology we've eradicated."

The meal continued, and finally the grou began to disperse, with Cade and Origami going off together, and the baselines all returning to their duties. Only the novas were left at the fire.

Aki listened to each scientist as they told in great detail about each of the things they researched. She enjoyed the detailed information and descriptions of the animals, plants and other creatures they have encountered. Steadily she continued to eat far more then what she would normally would of consumed in one sitting and yet she was unaware of it. A few times she almost took a bite out of the plate she held but stopped short.

As each scientists finished their fill and discussions they left slowly one by one leaving the nova's to finish off the topics and food that remained. Aki sighed softly as she roses to her feet walking over to the pit. The meat was clearly stripped off the bones as she reached in and ripped a few bones clean and set it upon her plate with a slight flush.

"Sorry the marrow is the tastiest part of the meal.. You should try it some time.." She walked back to her place and bore down on the bones snapping them like twigs as she savored the marrow with in. A deep rumble welled with in her chest as she ate marrow and bone in all ignoring the stares she got. She couldn't help it those strange urges and needs for strange foods that sparked from time to time.

"Sound like a real fun place to scout some time. I am eager to dance with a few of these dangerous critters. They sound like a delightful creature to encounter or a nice sparing partner." She slightly gave Long a slight faux knowing full well he wouldn't let her do such foolish or dangerous things in her condition but yet she did enjoy the slight hint she just might do such a thing for fun.

Long watched her eat the bones and sighed. It was true he did it too, but not with everyone watching.

"Unfortunately many of the predatory animals have large ranges, it's why we've had to elimanate alot of the local ones. Though I doubt Long will allow you to engage most of them. I'm sure he'd let you go with us on a hunt for deer."

Snow did her best to respectful to everyone and provide an easy solution to the problem.

Aki stopped midway in a strong bite into a bone as she heard Long sigh softly. Her eyes rose from large bone and noticed the look rather quickly having seen it a few times. A deep flush welled with in her ears and cheeks as she slowly set the bone back down on the plate realizing she may of gone a little to far.

"Sorry, I am used to more of....." She searches for the right words for a moment, "... open experience in another time... I forget myself and where I am some times when I am enjoying the company..." Aki slightly bowed her head in a deeper flush.

Archived