Aberrant RPG - zzzzzzzzz...Oh the fights over?

Corbin

Hey, all I'm looking for ways to make our fights go faster. I timed our last 5 on 5 battel and it took over an hour. I think the main problem is that Novas can split their actions so many times each turn. Do any of you great Gms out there have any ideas of ways to make the fights shorter and any ideas on ways to limit multi attacks.

Thanks for your time.

------------------

I think Sidious is on to something here. If you don't have a copy of Exalted, take a look at one in your game store. In Exalted, they make a difference between characters (PC's and important NPC's) and Extras. Extras are those little guys the heroes mow down byt eh dozens before they get to the main bad guy. They only have a few relevent attributes and abilities, some equipment (a weapon or armor) and in Aberrant maybe a power or two. The big thing is that they only have three health levels. This canc reate a cinematic feel as you fihgt goons that can sometimes take a beating but sometimes just drop like rocks. That could speed up large combats.

Hydra

Whoops. I misunderstood the question. In my games I set a limit on extra actions. Split die pool actions have no limit but if a character uses Quickness or something to get extra actions, he can't split them. Also maybe you should put a cap ont he number of extra action type powers and enhancements. Just a thought.

Hydra

• 2 weeks later...

One way to limit the number of actions, particularly Quickness actions, is to not let your PCs get any more levels of Quickness than they have dots of Mega-Wits. It's a house rule that I don't use personally, but I know some people do.

The idea of extras is also a good idea. "So this PC only did 4 levels of damage to this baseline thug. Okay he passes out from the pain." Get to the good stuff. And if your players are sticklers for rules, tell 'em to shove it. There's more to this game than "kicking azz" and "kewl powerz!"

D effin' W

Archived