Mutants & Masterminds: StarGate Freedom - Prologue: Curtis Shane and Ryan Hawke

Curtis Shane

Curtis was wary, but gave a fair amount of information on the Senate, court system, House of Representatives, etc. Finally, Peresphone seemed content with the information she'd gotten.

Curtis was worried, she'd implied that he'd become a slave. Best hope he could trick her, maybe he'd get somewhere that would allow him to make some kind of sabotage then escape.

"Thank you, Curtis," she said rising. "Up, Charlie." The slave stood up stiffly, subtly stretching his arms and legs.

Persephone turned to her husband. "Is Chonus keeping this one?" she asked.

"Why, are you looking to break another?" Hades asked, looking amused.

"No, I was thinking that Hephaestus only has that Unas to help him," Persephone said, moving to stand next to Curtis. She reached out and petted his head as she said, "He might want his first slave to break."

Hades scowled. "You seem to be showing the lamed smith a lot of favor, my wife." He stood and marched forward, brushing past Charlie as if he weren't there. The slave glared at Hades' back as the alien loomed over Persephone.

Despite her husband's fearsome countenance, Persephone laughed. "Darling, of all the Goa'uld I'd look to cluckholding you with, Hephaestus is at the bottom of the list." Her pout grew a little coy. "Come, my husband, you know how I like two good legs on my lover."

Hades melted at the purred remark. "Indeed," he murmured, pulling his arms around her. He lowered his head to murmur in her ear, and the girl smiled.

"Charlie, take Curtis to Hephaestus, see if he wants him. If not... I'll find something for him to do." Her arm tucked through Hades', Persephone walked away without another look.

Charlie watched them go. "Well, come on, then," he said. "I'll show you the way."

"About a week," Charlie said easily, walking with a solid, measured pace. Seeing him in action, Curtis could see the military training he'd had. "Got picked up on Abydos after going through the StarGate. Ra found us and... Anyway, Persephone claimed me, and I've been serving her since."

Charlie glanced at him. "I think you'll like Heph. He's not like the others, not as much. Don't judge him by what you say in there." Charlie lowered his voice and leaned in close. "Play the game, like you do to generals you hate, right?"

"So they say," Charlie said, sighing. "Our egghead, Jackson, said that there was all this evidence... dunno, couldn't understand half the shit that came out of his mouth. Anyway, he's one of them, now. They brainwashed him or something; I saw him playing nicey-nice with the head cheese." Charlie gave him a sudden grin. "Oh, and I found out the hard way that they don't understand slang, so use that if you have to vent."

They continued on, coming to a large hanger bay. Charlie led him to a waiting ship, a small vehicle compared to the massive ones he'd seen in the fight. There was one of those guards piloting it, and he lifted off without a word. "This is a ship that ferries between the ships we have here," Charlie murmured. "If you need to go from one to the other, this is the way to do it."

Archived