World of Darkness: Attrition - Meeting the Guys [Mature]

z-August Turner

"I don't mind the throating part," August said, wondering how in the hell that word got into the romantic vocabulary of their relationship. She knew, intellectually, how it got there, but that was a bizarre word to have cooed at her during cuddling. She dreaded the possible euphemisms that might arise for his penis, or sex. "I do mind that a possible throat being... throated was mine." Realizing how that might sound, she wiggled up and lightly kissed his neck. "And I do mind when they threaten your throat; you're just able to defend it better."

He rumbled with pleasure as she placed a few more choice kisses on his neck and uninjured shoulder. "I have an idea," she murmured. "Go get on some boxers or shorts, and we'll move into the kitchen and I'll clean off all this dried... mess." It was hard to say blood, since it his blood. She knew he was healed, but it was still hard to see it. "I'll just need a washcloth or a sponge." She kissed him again, this time on the lips. She pulled back and smiled. "Sound like fun?"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Sounds like fun." Dec smiled wide and started to rise, belatedly grabbing at a still-attached belt loop to prevent the entire frayed and ripped mess of his jeans from heading south. "I'll get some shorts on."

August tried not to giggle at the sight of the fearsome monster of the night struggling to keep his pants on as he crossed the lounge area to one of the doors at the far end. What helped were the flashes of flesh glimpsed through the rips, from which it was fairly easy to deduce that her date either wore some sort of male thong... or no underwear at all.

Well, of course. It makes perfect sense. It's just an extra layer to remove, right? supplied the thinking August. The other August shushed her: she was watching until the werewolf went out of view. Blinking, she rose and wandered through into the kitchen.

This place seemed more lived-in. The laundry corner was piled with clean, folded clothing, opened mail was stacked on one of the counters. A large table ringed with chairs centered the kitchen, and a couple of cups, plates and bowls stood clean in the drying rack next to the sink. August looked at the large refridgerator, a family-sized model that was practically a walk-in. A mixture of curiousity and trepidation rose in her expression.

Question: What does a werewolf keep in his fridge?

An answer was not forthcoming as Dec strode into the kitchen, a few washcloths in one hand and a bottle of sterile cleanser in the other. He had pulled on a pair of running shorts, but was otherwise naked as he started the sink filling with hot water, then hopped up to sit on the counter beside it, his head cocked as he grinned at her. Sticky dried blood coated his forearms, as well as his shoulder, back and chest on the right side. A strange black scar pattern was faintly visible under the veneer of blood high on the right side of his chest.

"I'm in your hands." he said with a faint air of wolfish mischief about him.

"Yes, you are," August said with a grin, not even feeling the stings from her scratches anymore. Declan had that effect on her; making her forget the bad things. Like that Dido song, she thought as she dipped a washcloth in the water.

August slid inbetween his legs, settling comfortably into the space between his thighs. Looking up at him, she gave him her best Marilyn Monroe look and smiled seductively. It was the first time she'd really tried this with him, not sure if he'd respond, but he seemed interested.

Licking her curved lips, she picked up the cloth and began to wash away the blood clinging to his skin. She took her time, swabbing slowly, revealing healed, healthy skin with each gentle movement of the cloth.

In time, her efforts revealed the black scar. "What's that?" she murmured, her fingers tracing it gently.

"It's my name. My deed-name." Any doubts she might have had about his response seemed groundless. Dec had kept his eyes riveted on her throughout the cleaning, the glimmer of his gaze far from cold as the warm washcloth wiped away his blood. Muscles tensed and relaxed under August's touch as he smiled, enjoying her attentions. His voice was soft, almost a rumbling purr as he continued. "It's a traditional kinda thing. A rite of passage. When the cub completes the task set to them, they're branded with silver and the scar is... well, blessed I suppose you could say." He tapped his chest, smiling. "Guess you could say this is my real real name."

He was aware of her nearness, the warmth and scent of her close to him, and let his own hands wander, running over her waist and hips as she continued to wipe blood from his chest. August leaned closer, her hand with the washcloth running around his broad chest and under one arm to reach Dec's back as she smiled sensuously at him from only a few inches away now. The werewolf was aware of a certain breathlessness as he looked into her blue-green eyes, his heart thumping hard.

"Pronouncin' it in the First Speech might be tough for human vocals, but it, uh, means 'Owns-The-Night'."

"You own the night?" she asked with a little laugh. "Oh, is that all?" She was clearly playful, wound up a little by his hands moving over her clothed body. "Just the night, and all secret little things that happen in the darkness?"

She leaned over to rinse and wring the washcloth, then straightened to continue. "Do you own vampires, too?" she asked teasingly. "Or maybe some of my ghosts?" She moved closer still, the warm cloth playing over his spine as her breath tickled over his scar. "Are you in the process of trying to acquire the day, too?" Her tongue flicked over the bumps and whorls of the deed name. The washcloth found another patch of blood and began to work on it as she asked, "Would you lease a small part of the night to someone if they needed it for a party, like a bar mitzvah?"

August was close to giggling at her absurd questions as she ran the fingers of her other hand across his cheek. She seemed to have put the night's horrors behind her, at least for the moment.

"Well..." he started to explain the name, how he had earned it, a flash of defensiveness rising up in the face of her giggling questions. Y'see, there were these vampires going nuts and preyin' on all and sundry. I hunted 'em down and killed them, at night, without losing myself to Rage, which is a big deal, 'cause... What's that she's doin' with her tongue?! Ah, fuck it. I'll explain some other time. No need t'spoil the mood.

"Dunno about acquirin' the day. It's the night that needs tendin'." he smiled down at her, his hands slipping under the edge of her blouse and feeling the skin of her lower back. "And yeah, my lease rates are pretty reasonable." He chuckled, finding her humor infectious, then leaned forwards a little, nuzzling his face into her hair, breathing her in again as his hands wandered a little higher under August's blouse. He put a little playful growl into his voice as he murmured in her ear. "Just don't get that confused with 'leash' rates."

August was getting distracted from her task, and she wasn't sure that was good. Oh, getting the blood off was important, but she suspected things might be moving a bit fast. She'd never been with someone who drew her like Declan did. He had an almost animal draw to him, a primal demand to follow her instincts and do what she knew she wanted to do.

But a little bit of making out would be okay, she was sure. She just couldn't let it go too far.

"I'm aware that trying to put a leash on you is invitation to lose the leash - or my hand," August said with a chuckle before turning her head and claiming a kiss. "We might have to discuss voluntary captivity at some point." Her smile made her intent clear, or would have to a human man.

Slowly, she eased back from him, feeling his hands slide away. "I need you to hop down and turn around," she told him. "I can't see if I'm getting it all off your back or not."

He grumbled good-naturedly as he slid off the counter and turned around, allowing her access to the well-muscled expanse of his back. Dec smiled as he felt August wipe away the blood from around his shoulders, noting how her other hand was gently running down his spine.

"Just so long as the voluntary captivity runs both ways." he said, grinning back over his shoulder at her. "On the subject, why are you still available? I'd have thought a cutie like you would be snapped up by now, unless men in L.A are as weird as folks say they are. Smart, sexy women who like datin' werewolves aren't too common, y'know?"

August sighed, wondering when this was going to come up. "Most guys don't make it past the 'I see ghosts' point. It's a bit hard to date someone when I have things trying to get my attention, or scaring me," she admitted, though she was thinking of Johnathan. "Most of those that can get past it... well, they're not what I consider suitable, as they tend to be nut jobs. Or they get into it and want me to become their own personal ghost whisperer. The rest..." She paused, wondering how he'd take this. "Guys in LA are usually shallow," she said, her voice getting hard. "They need to have a perfect woman, and if they find a flaw, they're gone. It doesn't even have to be your flaw."

He glanced back at her; her face was both angry and hurt. She looked at him, and her eyes were very green as she confessed, "There's a history of mental illness in my family. I mean, saying that is one thing, but-"

She wasn't sure how werewolves felt about this, but she couldn't stop now. He'd learn sooner or later, and he'd asked. She swallowed and said, "Two guys met Mom, and they didn't last long after seeing her. I guess they were worried that I'd become like her. Or that'd it skip a generation, and I'd give them crazy children. I've told them it was trauma that put her in that state, but... I don't think they believe me." She snorted and dropped the washcloth in the water, his back now clean. "Okay, Dec, you're done."

He turned to August, his lips quirking in a strangely soft smile as his hands went up to rest on her shoulders. "Trauma I can understand. I've been in a psych ward, August. I know that most mental illness ain't catching, or passed on to kids. You can see ghosts, for real ghosts, and you ain't crazy." He smiled down at her. "Matter of fact, I think you're pretty fuckin' awesome."

August blinked up at him for a long moment, then smiled. She'd gotten a lot of reactions from guys in the past, but this is the one she'd always wanted. "It's okay your mother is crazy, I still like you."

She stood on her tiptoes and put her arms around his neck, grinning. "All this time, I should have been looking to date a werewolf, I guess," she said, smiling. "Thank you. I don't get to hear that much. It's weird how it's little things like that can mean so much to you." She kissed him as his hands snuck back up under her shirt.

With a sigh, she let her head rest on his chest, listening to his heart beating. She was happy, she realized suddenly. She liked being with him, and he didn't make her feel like she had to be someone else, or someone better. She could just be herself. It was a rare gift, in the fake Hollywood world she lived in.

"Yeah, everyone should be lookin' to date a werewolf. We're healthy, sexy, and easy to cook for." he chuckled softly, letting the moment stretch with her in his arms. He rested his chin on her hair. "It feels good to know that someone else knows, and still likes a guy, you know? No pretendin' to be Joe Normal like I have to try to do durin' my day job."

He smiled and dipped his head to kiss her softly, the kiss gradually turning fiercer, more insistent before he broke it, breathing in deeply. "So... When do I get to sponge you down?" His voice had taken on a dangerously sensual throatiness as his calloused hands felt the muscles of her back, wandering higher under the shirt.

August felt her breath catch at his question. "Well," she said huskily, "I'd rather not wait until I'm covered in my own dried blood. Also, were that the case, I think I'd have other problems than being covered in my own dried blood." She paused, unsure if she should let this go or let things ratchet up a little. Wolves mate for life, right?

It was hard to think about wolves and the dangers of going too far when her heart was pounding in her chest and his hands played over her back. Surely, if he did mate for life, he wouldn't let it go too fast. He was part human, too, right? And he was courting a human. That must mean he'd treat this relationship, and this aspect of it, more like a human, right? August realized she was trying to rationalize sleeping with him, or at least moving things to the point where sleeping with could become a possibility.

She turned them around, leading him after her. When her back was to the cabinet, she pulled herself up and hooked her heels around his legs, tugging him in close again. They kissed once more, another breath-stealing embrace. Her fingers roved over the scar again, drawn to it by her growing fascination with his people - and him. His world was scary, wild and primal, but it was fascinating for all those reasons. It promised a place where deeds, not fame, won you respect and honor. She just wasn't sure if it was a place that would accept her.

August's other hand roamed down his chest, coming to rest on his waist. "Why do you ask about the bath?" she asked, realizing that she was going to push this a little further. Her smile was both coy and a little unsure. "Do you think I'm dirty?"

"Lemme check..." Dec grinned as he leaned in, making August giggle as he nuzzled her neck before taking a deep and deliberate sniff. enjoying the warm fiery scent of her arousal. "Nope... Don't think you're dirty. Best to be sure though." His tongue flickered out, it's tip running up the curve of August's neck to just below her ear, tasting her skin, together with the lightly perfumed soap she preferred and light perspiration. "Mmm... I'd say that part's clean now..." he growled softly in her ear before he swapped sides, one hand sliding up to tangle gently in the girl's hair as he first nuzzled the skin on the left side of her neck, then treated it to a slow, lingering lick, his breath hot on her skin.

August made a soft noise as he licked her neck, shivering a little as he turned to the other side of her neck. Her hands began to move in small motions on his chest, playing with his skin. She tightened her legs a little, drawing him in closer to the cabinet - and her. Her eyes were noticeably darker as she returned the favor, kissing his neck. This close, the scent of him - wild and male - was unmistakable, leaving her feeling a bit dizzy.

"So," she managed to say, "are you going to make sure every inch of me is clean? That could take a while."

"Time... well spent." The werewolf's teeth grazed her jawline playfully before his head dipped to her collarbone, lips finding their way to the hollow at the base of her throat. He flicked his tongue there, feeling August's pulse and the heat rising from her body, then with a growl he caught her mouth with his, the kiss fiercely searing as he held back nothing of the Wild that danced and howled in his veins.

His hands slid down August's back and under her ass, lifting her off the counter as though she were weightless, her toned legs tightening reflexively around Dec's muscular waist. He had already taken three steps across the kitchen, headed toward the bedroom (or failing that: the couch... or hell, even the kitchen table) when some civilised, rational part of his brain cut in with enough influence to prompt him. Breathing deeply, his pale glimmering eyes met hers, their pupils almost wide enough to obscure the silver. His next words were half-promise, half-question, spoken in a low growling voice that sent more pleasurable shivers through her bidy.

"Every... inch of you. If you have the time."

When he picked her up, her hands flew to his shoulders, automatically catching herself from falling. It was unnecessary, and when she realized that, her hands busied themselves in his hair. At his question, he gave him a heated kiss, grateful that he'd taken time to ask, to let her stop if she wanted.

"I've got time," August assured him, her reservations about going too fast almost completely burned away by the surging hormones in her body. Almost. She had enough sense of mind to interject, "But! Do you need to be sure I can handle all of this first, the other spirit-world-thing?"

"Hrrmmm." It wasn't quite a 'hmm' of a pondering man and it wasn't quite the rumbling growl of a subsiding beast, but lay somewhere between the two. Dec didn't want to stop. The expression in his eyes made that perfectly clear to August, as if his body wasn't already making it plain enough. But he was aware enough to appreciate the validity of her question.

"Yeah..." It was a slow, drawn-out answer. "Yeah I do need to be sure." He smiled lopsidedly and gave her a kiss, a little gentler than the previous one. "Don't need you acceptin' almost everythin' that I am, then freakin' out because of the spirit world. Don't think you would, after what I've seen of you, but hell, a gentleman's supposed to behave himself till the third date anyway, right? That's the human custom?" He grinned at her, his hands flexing a little as they gripped her backside. "'Course, I ain't sure I'm a gentleman."

"Actually, the men are supposed to try for whatever they can get," she said, moving ever-so-slightly against him. No matter what her head was saying, her body was telling a different story. "But good girls hold out until the third date," she added, her voice a little regretful.

"Oh, is that it?" he asked, playfully bouncing her a little - just enough.

"Stop that! Yes, it is," she said, running her fingers through his hair, starting at his crown and slipping her hands downward. "Two or less means you're too easy, four or more means you're a prude," she informed him before she kissed him again. "Of course," she murmured into his ear, "that's just talking about sex." She blushed a little as she nuzzled his neck and added, "There's sex... and then there's other fun things, right?"

"Ah, yeah. Like scrabble?" Dec held the expression of earnest wholesomeness for all of five seconds before grinning like a pirate and kissing her passionately. August's giggle carried them through into the lounge where, with a whoop, Dec steered them into falling onto the couch, August atop him.

A flick of the remote control started music playing before his hands wandered back under her top, their touch a little more playful than before as he kissed her. August's body's motions against his elicited a rumble of approval as Dec's hands strayed down to her waistband, his fingertips teasing the skin there. "So..." he breathed in between kissing her neck, shoulders and lips. "What kinda fun things did ya have in mind? The tongue-bath is still on offer, by the by." He grinned at her, a silver-eyed devil of sensual, primal mischief.

"It is?" August said with mock idleness, falling into the play despite the warning bells in her head. The bells didn't seem to have much faith in her ability to stop at the right spot. August wasn't sure they were wrong; her eagerness right now seemed to make her lack of willpower clear.

"Maybe I'll have to take you up on that," she murmured, undoing the buttons of her blouse. The hungry gaze in those sexy silver eyes as he watched her fingers was extremely gratifying. There was still the silky powder-blue bra keeping things in check, for now. But he was half-naked - it was only right to be half-naked in return, right?

"Or perhaps we can find each other ticklish spots," she added with a coy smile, running her fingers down his torso. August sought the 'usual' spots - near the joints, over the ribs - seeking his spots. And of course, ticklish spots were usually close to erogenous zones as well.

Dec's smile as he watched her undress turned to a surprised squirm as August's fingers tickled his ribs. "Hey!" he mock-growled and poked his own fingers gently into the soft skin under her arms. August squeaked and squirmed in return, trying to evade his hands, slapping them away before clamping her arms tight to her torso and going for the sides of Dec's waist. She was almost dislodged as the werewolf bucked and twisted, but managed to hang on with her legs, still tickling.

Dec was laughing under the assault, but had enough presence of mind to try a different target, his fingertips finding the backs of August's knees. With a screaming laugh she twisted off him, trying to get away even as her own fingers continued to work on his ribs. Dec moved with her, unrelenting as ever, and the two rolled off the couch in a laughing, struggling heap, landing with a thump on the floor.

"Ow!" August said, more in reaction to hitting the floor than any real pain. It did stop Dec for a moment as concern crossed his face, and August went on the assault, heading for the sweet spots on his waist.

"Dirty fightin'! I can get dirty, too!" Declan mock-growled at her, rolling to his knees. Before she could respond, he had her pinned on her stomach to his carpet. One hand held both of hers above her head; his hips pinned hers to the floor. August wasn't sure if he was aware how he was pressed against her ass, but she was very aware.

"Now, let's try this," the werewolf muttered, moving her loose shirt aside and lightly dragging his fingers up her spine. August gasped at the sensation, wiggling instinctively. Dec grinned at her reaction and bent his head until his hair brushed over her with a feather-light touch. His warm breath teased her skin as he continued to pull gasps out of her. "You're very ticklish there," he said, planting a kiss against her spine.

"No..." August panted, turning her head so he could see the desire and lust in her eyes. He stopped in confusion - though he kept his gentle grip on her - and she let her body relax, going pliant beneath him. "Not... ticklish..."

"Hmmm." The sound of pondering werewolf wasn't nearly half so worrying as the grin August could make out from the corner of one eye. "So, this doesn't tickle..?" he kissed near the base of her spine, his hair caressing her waist as it fell over his face. August let out a low moan. "Or this?" The kisses moved higher, his tongue and teeth joining the dance of his lips on her skin. One strong hand kept August's wrists pinned, the other slid up along the outside of her thigh to her hip. His body completed her entrapment, pressing against her ass as he lay mostly atop her. A little movement of his hips let August know louder than words how aware of her body the werewolf really was.

His breath was hot on the back of her neck now, sending electricity crackling over her skin as his kisses stole her breath in a series of heated, frantic gasps. The hand on August's hip was caressing her through the fabric of her skirt, then was suddenly slipping underneath her, gliding up from her belly to her ribs before kneading with insistent gentleness at one silk-shrouded breast. Dec's stubbled chin grazed her neck as he lightly bit at her earlobe. His voice was a soft, low growl that caused her insides to melt and her lungs to feel as though there wasn't enough air, even though there was definitely enough for her to be drinking in his scent with every heaving breath.

"Gotcha..."

August moaned from his ministrations, wiggling ineffectively against her captor. She was ineffective in part because he was bigger and stronger than her, and in part because she didn't really want to get loose. All she was doing with her wiggling was exciting him more, and they were both aware of that fact.

Trapped as she was, all she could do was surrender to him, and he felt the tension leave her muscles. She arched herself against him a little, an involuntary movement as her baser desires took over. "Yeah," she agreed in a husky voice, "you got me. Now... what are you going to do with me?" She finished with a gasp as his fingers found a particularly sensitive place on her breast.

Dec's answer came in the form of action, rather than words as he stood up, lifting August in his arms and moving towards the bedroom. Her arms went around his neck almost automatically, her lips seeking his with a breathless moan as she felt her control slip away inch by delicious inch.

Declan's eyes glittered with argent fire in the gloom of his bedroom. He left the door open, the golden light from the lounge seeping into the room enough for both to see by. The bed was a large mattress on the floor, onto the sheets of which the werewolf lowered the girl. August felt the desire in his gaze as he kissed her again and again: hungry, savage kisses that cast her last scraps of control into the flames. She should wait... She should take it slow... These seemed to be pointless trivial civilised concepts right now. She had never felt so wanted by a partner. His lips moved over her skin as though he was devouring her, but rather than fangs she felt lips and tongue and the faint nip of teeth. At some point her bra had come loose and she groaned, an almost guttural sound, as Dec greedily nuzzled and kissed at her breasts.

Dec was no less consumed than she. A primal creature at heart, his current knowledge was only of need and desire. The "should I / shouldn't I?" part of the equation was long past. August was no normal Herd female that he needed to hide his most animal side from. It felt good to let go of the restraints that had colored his sexual encounters in the past, to let the Wolf off the leash that chafed and choked it. A growl rumbled in his chest as his fingers unfastened her skirt, and he pulled it down and off her, his strong hands lifting her body as though she weighed nothing.

August was not passive herself. As Dec paused to pull off her skirt, she struggled out of her blouse and the bra that still annoyingly hindered the amount of skin she could feel him pressed against. When he moved back up towards her she sat up to meet him, arms locking with surprising strength around his neck and shoulders, her nails digging in sharply. Her legs looped around his waist as she lifted herself onto his lap, savoring the feel of hard muscle against them. She felt primal herself now: civilised ideals of femininity washed away by the rising tide of primitive Female, aggressive and demanding in Her own way.

He in shorts, her in panties, they pressed against one another, pausing only in their feasting on each other's skin and flesh to drink deeply from one another's lips. Their hips moved against one another as if they had already coupled, hands gripped and caressed and clawed at one another as the two sets of breathing grew deeper, more urgent.

August moaned as Declan's hand grazed her back, then lower to curl his fingers around her ass. He used this grip to press her to his body a little harder, demanding yet gentle. August kissed him hard before running her lips down his face to his neck. She nipped at his stubbled skin before dropping her mouth to his shoulder. Long habit kept her from leaving marks, though some part of her was sure he wouldn’t mind.

She unwound her legs and planted her feet on the mattress, slowly standing. Declan’s slid over her body as she stood over him. Her panties hovered in front of his face and he nuzzled the blue fabric. August gasped and swayed, and he put his hands on her thighs, giving her balance even as he took it away from her.

She was filled with a fire – she’d never felt anything like this before. It was him, it had to be him; no one else had ever made her burn like this before. She smiled at him, feeling the fire that coiled in her gut. She played with his hair, digging her nails possessively into his scalp. He nosed a bit harder, like a canine seeking a treat.

August slipped her fingers under the last barrier and removed it, sliding it down her legs. Declan took over when the fabric reached his hands, helping her lift each leg in turn. He flung the fabric across the room, sending it into the dark corner, to be dug out later. August bent down as he looked up at her, catching his face in her hands firmly. “Your turn,” she said before kissing him deeply.

Dec returned the kiss eagerly, his hands already fumbling at his shorts as he tried to remove them without breaking contact with August's warm flesh. She smiled down at him and moved back, her hands tugging him upwards as he stood, undoing the drawstring of his gym shorts and letting them drop. He kicked them away into the darkness and straightened before her.

August's eyes travelled downwards as her lips curved upwards. Okay, so she had seen him naked before, but this was different, dammit. Context is everything, after all. She looked at his manhood. Well, context and other things. She stepped towards him with a faint purr of approval and wrapped her arms around him again, sliding her hands down and grabbing his butt possessively as she pressed her body against him, trapping his heated arousal against the skin of her abdomen and shifting her hips back and forth. She gave him a sensual smile, peering up at him through her lashes.

Declan ducked his head and kissed her, his hands reaching down and grasping her hips tightly as his tongue danced against hers. August felt herself lifted into the air and murmured her approval, lifting her legs up around his waist once more as Dec bore them both down to the bed. He was ready, more than ready, and could tell that she was too as his cock brushed against her wet folds, teasing both of them. Dec's brain yammered at him, forcing him to stop while it tried to get through the haze of animal desire he felt. He stared raptly down at August's lust-flushed face, her wide dark pupils stark against the green of her eyes, her kiss-reddened lips panting slightly as she looked back up at him, and he blinked slowly as common sense broke through.

"Uh... Hold on." he said thickly, reaching up to the shelf immediately above them. August smiled and moved her body against his, feeling the hair of his chest against her sensitised breasts as she arched and pressed against him. Dec's hands came back with a wrapped condom, and a moment's work was all it took to slip into place. He smiled down at her, silver eyes framed by the curtain of his dark hair. August smiled back, reaching between them, feeling his length in her hand and guiding him to her, teeth pressing against her lower lip in a mixture of concentration and anticipation. Dec leaned down for a kiss as he started to slip into her, and August returned it hungrily, her arms going around his shoulders. She sucked in a deep breath as he slid all the way home and sighed as she felt a shiver run through her body: harbinger of things to come, she was sure. He began to move, slowly at first, but with increasing pace as he took his weight on his hands, his lips and teeth nuzzling at her throat and collarbone.

• 3 weeks later...

The lack of concern about safe sex should have been a sign to the young woman, but she was blind to the reality of consequences. Her lust was in control, shoving away all other considerations as she waited for the cumulation of Declan’s attempts to be smart. August shivered as she shifted against him while he fumbled for the necessary precautions. As he adjusted the condom and lowered himself back onto her, she gasped and pulled him close, signaling her lack of inhibition.

As he pressed himself into her, August sighed with the pleasure of physical intimacy, moving her fingers over his shoulders in easy circles. “Declan… Doc,” she moaned, letting a faint smile cross her lips as the name she’d first called him slipped past her lips.

He growled in response, his eyes almost glowing silver in the dim light. She angled her hips more, welcoming him into her and he took the invitation, thrusting again with more strength. She slipped her hands up into his hair and pulled his face down to hers. Her smile faded as she offered him a soft kiss, exploring his mouth thoroughly and patiently. For all of her haste to get here, she didn’t rush the moment itself, embracing it with desire.

Declan fell into an easy rhythm, not distracted by the different dance passing between their lips. August broke the kiss and turned her attention to his cheeks, then his throat, nipping gently but firmly. She felt rather than heard the rumble that echoed through his chest; instinctively, she lifted her chin, offering him her neck to nibble again.

He nuzzled first, breathing in August's scent, his face moving from the soft, vulnerable skin of her throat to the dark fall of her hair on his pillow. His lips gently tugged at her earlobe before he once more dipped his head to her neck, kissing and nibbling down the curve of her throat before his white teeth closed on her flesh, not breaking the skin, but gripping her firmly: a gesture of sexual dominance reinforced by the low, rumbling growl that reverberated through her body.

The rational side of Declan had been burned away by his envelopment in August's heated embrace, by her soft warm arms and legs wrapping around him as her body welcomed his. There was no pretence here, no masquerade laid on for the benefit of a Herd female who would not be able to handle the truth of what he was. He was himself, a Wolf in Man's clothing, and he held nothing back from her.

His hands roamed her body, cupping her ass possessively as he began to drive himself into her harder. Her sighs and moans became more full-throated, louder as her nails dug into his back. He kissed her again, fierce and gentle, his lips and tongue returning her earlier explorations. August cried out softly into the kiss, her arms looping around his neck as though anchoring herself against an approaching storm.

It was a storm, a wild storm of heat, fire and skin, but holding tight wouldn't help her. As her monstrous lover claimed her in an unquestionable manner, August gazed up at him with wild eyes. She was almost afraid; all of the other men she had been with had been so superficial and bland. Declan was half-wild, half-man, and wholly unlike anyone she had been with before. It was almost too much, too consuming - but she couldn't bring herself to stop.

Instead, she met his kisses with wildly passionate ones of her own, trying to overcome feeling overwhelmed by being wild herself. Her fingernails dug a little deeper; her hips drove against him a little harder. She let go of all inhibitions that had held her back before and, in doing so, gave up more of herself than she ever had before.

She had never been so totally claimed by a man before. Declan pulled her tighter still, his hands clamped on her body, his lips searing her skin. She could almost think that he was like this with all women, but there was something intensely personal about this. His silver eyes bore into hers when he wasn't kissing her, and her neck still felt the ghost of his teeth - never before had a bite felt so personal.

Silver eyes glittered in the dim light as August felt that first tingle of pleasure. The sensation grew as she clung tighter to him, her half-frenzied thoughts fading before the force rising in her. She had a chance to wonder how he'd drawn out such a response in her, and then she was drowning in wild, orgasmic pleasure.

Dec felt August let go of her last vestige of reserve, felt her savage abandon as the wild lust sweeping through him roared to life in her, lighting flames in her blue-green eyes. Her cries took on an urgent, reverberant quality, emanating from deep down inside her as her nails dugs sharply into his skin. He felt himself growing closer and closer to the edge, drawn there by August's primitive female need for him. The werewolf was beyond conscious thought now, every fibre of his being focused on the white-hot pleasure of their coupling.

August spasmed around his shaft, her back arching and head falling back as her loud cries rose in pitch to a shriek of exultant release. Dec half-groaned, half-growled as he felt the wave of his own pleasure crest then crash down upon him, his arms tensing around August's body. He buried his face against her shoulder, teeth gripping the smooth flesh there with almost-painful force. His length twitched and pulsed inside August forcefully as he made one last thrust before clamping her tightly against him, the pair clinging to each other and riding out the force of their built-up release.

• 2 weeks later...

For a long moment, they were locked in their position; then the moment passed, and they slowly relaxed. August went limp with delightful slowness, falling back against the bed with a soft sigh. Declan moved with her, his teeth still holding tight to her.

Catching himself on his arms, he finally released her shoulder, letting her go, at least in part. Seeing the indents he'd left in her skin, he softly kissed the marks, murmuring apologies for hurting her.

"Doesn't hurt," she whispered, and it didn't until she moved her arm to slide it over his shoulders, pulling him close again. She cradled his head to her chest, feeling his skin against hers as he shifted so they were both comfortable. For a moment they were quiet; then August said, "Thank you for coming out with me tonight." There were equal parts mischievous and shy in her eyes and voice as she added, "I had fun."

He tilted his head where it lay cushioned on her breast, meeting her eyes for a moment before he grinned boyishly. "Yeah. I had fun too. Thanks for invitin' me out to that shindig with your work pals." She smelled of warmth, sex and Female. And him, naturally. After a moment's consideration, the Rahu decided that he definitely liked that smell on her. His arms lightly around her body, he idly ran the tips of his fingers through August's hair where it lay strewn across his pillow, relishing the feel of her body against his.

"You need to be up early tomorrow?" the werewolf asked August with a sly, playful tone to his voice as he nuzzled at the soft swell of her breast. Mischievous silver eyes turned to hers. "Cuz stayin' here might not be all that restful, if ya catch my meaning."

"I do catch your meaning," August said softly, her green-blue eyes meeting his silver ones eagerly. Her legs had fallen to the bed when she'd gone limp; now she crooked one around him again, her calf resting against his hip. The movement opened up her legs more, and both of them were aware of the change.

"I can stay," she said, playing with his hair, coiling it around her fingers a few times. "The benefit of dating someone whose show only films at night. Besides none of the cool people get up before noon anyway," she told him with a little laugh.

His gaze became a little more heated as she confirmed that she could stay longer. In response, August tightened the leg she had wrapped around him, feeling her heart miss a beat. "What did you have in mind, my big bad wolf?" she asked softly.

His head dipped to her breast and his tongue flicked out, laving over and around her nipple, then over the breast in short, lapping movements. Dec moved his mouth to the space between her breasts and August sighed, her hands resting in his hair as he slowly traversed to the other smooth hill of flesh, lips and tongue and teeth caressing, tasting and nipping at her skin. Though not as urgent as their first foreplay, none of the passion was lacking from Dec's ardent mock-devouring of her.

Strong hands slid over August's body as, with a soft growl, Dec turned his attentions lower, his tongue attentively criss-crossing her ribs, then her stomach, making her squirm delightfully as he almost, but not quite tickled her. As he made love to her skin with his lips and tongue, those silver eyes peered up at her face as she felt calloused yet gentle fingers run up the inside of one thigh to toy with her sex, one finger gently stroking back and forth over her wet folds, as much teasing as exploring.

August moaned and shivered at his attentions, her eyes closing as she enjoyed the play of lover's tongue over her body. The moan became a full-throated shudder of half-uttered noises as his fingers began to play between her legs.

"Yes?" Declan asked between kisses and licks, smiling. "What was that?"

"Wonderful," she breathed, wiggling herself against his probing fingers. After a moment, she murmured, "It doesn't completely work for me, though."

Declan lifted his head, a touch of worry in his gaze. "What am I doing wrong?" he asked.

"I can't do something similar for you," August replied, looking down her body at him. "I want to make you happy, too."

He smiled at that, dipping his head and flicking his tongue over August's navel before wriggling up to lie alongside her. She slid her hands down his torso, studying him with eyes and fingertips. There were faint scars here and there under the light covering of hair, and his name-scar too. She traced the black glyph, feeling a faint shiver of something undefineable at the realisation that no human mind had conceived that design, that no human hand had drawn it. One arm sliding beneath and around her, Declan's free hand slipped between her legs once more, fingertips lightly brushing over her thigh before reaching their objective. August drew in a breath, her eyes snapping up to meet his argent stare, the predatory playfulness mingled with the heat of his desire. Not human. She leaned in and kissed him as her hands flattened against his body, feeling the hardness of solid, compacted muscle under the skin of his chest, one sliding lower before encountering a reawakened hardness of a different sort.

Her fingers closed around it gently, feeling the length and weight of him as woman and werewolf locked eyes. August felt Dec's finger slip inside her, gently stroking and probing, coaxing pleasure from her as his palm cupped her sex.

"This better?" he breathed, his hips shifting a little as August's hand began rhythmically stroking him.

"Yes," August breathed, the air rushing out of her lungs in a passionate exclamation of air. She slid her head forward, nosing her face against his skin, kissing up his shoulder to his neck, and then up to his jaw. His stubble rasped against her lips as she sought his lips with her eyes closed, making a game of it as he did his best to distract her with his gentle fingers. Throughout his sweet torture, she continued with her own torture, moving her hand up and down in even strokes.

Their heart rates and breathing increased, driven to new levels by their insistent motions. A flush collected on August's face as Declan set her on fire with his gentle touches. Soft moans were coaxed from her lips between kisses as Declan's fingers went from gentle to unrelenting, causing her hips to twitch to the rhythm of his fingers.

Her green-blue eyes were shimmering with the heat of their play, emotions burning in their depths. She was on fire even as she drowned, swept away by the things he did to her. Somehow, she managed to keep up her own motions, doing them more by instinct than by reason. She was learning that Declan pulled responses out of her that were more intense, more real than any she’d ever experienced before. He took a life that was false and hollow, filled with the vapid emptiness of Hollywood, and filled it with fire and primal life.

He was teaching her how to live.

Owns-The-Night saw it in her eyes, dark and half-lidded though they were, there was an animal ferocity heating the gaze August fixed on him. He felt her hips rolling against his hand as she kissed him again, more aggressively this time as her desire grew more immediate, more intense. His own inner beast recognised the call of hers, sounding a response as he kissed her already-reddened lips with bruising intensity.

A hand tightened around his shaft, a spasmodic motion echoed in the velvety muscles around his fingers as August's head fell back, a piercingly sweet cry splitting the air in the house. Dec's lips pressed to the base of her smooth throat, feeling voice and breath vibrate under his kiss as she rode the first wave of her climax. He held her tightly against him as she rocked on his fingers, her eyes meeting his once more, her desires far from spent as she continued to take pleasure from his touch. The hand that had fallen away from his hard length wrapped around it again as she pressed her other hand against his broad chest, pressing insistently until he lay back. August's eyes were blazing as she tossed her hair back, throwing a leg over Declan's hips and smiling down at him as she slowly lowered herself over him.

Archived