Mutants & Masterminds: StarGate Freedom - The Resistance HQ -- OOC Talk

z-Servant of Ra

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few things:

First, I still see accounts without the identifying information in their sigs or at the end of the post. Fix these - it is clearly stated in the FAQ that you need this information for the ease of game play.

Second, use your character accounts. I see the wrong account being used a little bit more often than occasionally - I can accept occasionally, but it's getting excessive.

Third - the more you give me in posts, the more I give you back. The really short posts aren't adding much to game play. I hate to be that ST because normally I like to be cool so long as what you're doing/planning won't derail the game, but it is a little hard because then I'm writing a lot for a character with little repayment (that being awesome replies to read). And that's just not fun for me.

With those things in mind - carry on.

Sorry SoR, I'm probably the worst or only offender in this regard and in both cases it is largely a case of lack of time. Work has been rather crazy in coming in fits and starts as I finish off my training for my new job.

I will endevour to do better in both areas. wink

Can you clarify somethinf SoR, a couple of times you've asked for Mechanical -Earth Tech rolls and I've ended up using Mark's Craft: Mechanical (Earth Tech). Is that correct or should I have been using his Knowledge: Earth Tech?

In either case I have also just found that I have not been including his Stat bonuses on any of his rolls, so his skill checks should all have been at an additional +3.

For example his last roll was 3 + his Craft: Mechanical Earth Tech of 4 = 7

When it probably should have been 3 roll + His Knowledge: Earth Tech of 8+3 Stat bonus = 14.

Still not a success, but less embarassing wink

• 2 weeks later...

New ST policy:

Metagaming Policy

Metagaming is one of the most annoying things to deal with in a game. Metagaming is any situation where a PC uses OOC knowledge to gain an IC advantage. You'll lose xp when you metagame, as much as I feel is appropriate. And since I'll likely be pissed when it happens, 'appropriate' will vary.

Questions?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my update for what's going on. I'm waiting for a New Ally to wrap, because after that, I think we'll be out of the prologues for some people.

Specifically:

A New Ally and those in Mark and Ryan's Prologue will merge for their first chapter.

Zhenglai will have his own chapter for a bit; I need probably another couple of rounds of posting to get it all done.

Sharon will have her own chapter as well, though I hope to merge permanently her with the PCs left among the Goa'uld within a chapter or two.

I will work on wrapping CH/Nari's thread.

I hope this lets everyone see where they are going and what timeframes I'm looking at. I need people to post as diligently as possible. I know that RL is kickin' our asses, but I'd love to make some real progress in this game over the next couple of weeks.

As a last note: Jim gets kudos for telling me not to wait on him to post, that he didn't have anything to add. If you have been waiting on me for something, please let me know. Sometimes, I think I'm waiting for you. wink

Just a note, but it would be meta gaming for Marty to refuse the ring based on knowledge I put in my post that was Jono's thoughts. Marty has no way of knowing that Jono is going to put a tracer element in the ring, and Marty just asked for the ring. Marty has no reason at all to suddenly object to accepting the very thing he just asked for.

Fox & Dawn - I don't think he was objecting to the ring; specifically I think Marty is objecting to this:

Originally Posted By: Jono
"I need to be able to contact you among the resistance, and if this will work I will need direct contact with them as well. If I will rule this world after Cronus is gone then I will need them on my side, and to use them effectively and keep them alive I will need to know what they plan and feed them information."

The objection was to two things. The "I need to be in contact with you." and the "I need to be able to track you." If he explains by that he is going to use the ring for tracking Marty, that is perfectly fine he can keep a ring hidden as long as it doesn't give off a radio active signature that they think the people from earth can detect.

The big deal breaker point is the contact. Marty is not going to risk being in a room with a bunch of the military people and having some light come on in his pocket or having any kind of Goa'uld communication device sitting in his room when he is not there that they could find. His idea of infiltration is no contact except what each situation provides. Hephaestus said he wanted complete contact with Marty and the resistance. It is not going to happen through Marty.

I hadn't thought of that Bethany and that's a valid objection. However, even if that is the objection, it doesn't make a lot of sense. How can you expect to ask a Goa'uld for a favor and not be willing to give anything in return? He would have to expect that Hephaestus would want something of him or from him. I get that he doesn't want to betray the resistance, but OOC wise we're trying to bring the principle players together so we have to do things that might not be quite right. Jono really shouldn't have talked openly in front of Marty but I did it for the sake of the game. Now with Marty wanting to back out that puts Jono in a really really bad position. Hephaestus would raise his hand and splatter Marty all over the wall if we were doing things perfectly in character. Or Jono would rather, pretending to be Hephaestus. Remember he's trying to save his world and he thinks Marty is the agent of a rival and ruthless Goa'uld known for his callous disregard for human life.

Fox, Hephaestus has already offered his terms.

Your lord will need someone to administer this world for him, if I render my assistance and betray Cronus, that will be me.

Those were his words. Now he is saying he not only wants a cut of the bank heist he is also going to change the plan of how it is done. Marty is trying to go in to deep cover on earth which means that he has to exist as a person from the planet within the resistance. If he agrees to what Jono has said he has no assurance that he is going to be able to complete the mission and take the time to keep Jono in the loop every step of the way. If the resistance puts him in a room and briefs him on a mission to Mexico and the next morning sends him off he won't be able to run to Jono to tell him and he won't risk having a communication device on hand to send him a message.

Also remember as Marty pointed out Baal has no reason yet to trust Hephaestus. Marty might just be a insignificant spec to the Goa'uld but currently he is in that room representing a system lord who has given him an order. If Hephaestus steps in the way and causes Marty to fail his mission Marty is pretty much dead but Hephaestus knows it probably won't happen before Baal gets out of him that other Goa'uld were also involved in the failure.

Last point, as I has meat cookin and must get back to it.

Jono should consider if he really wants to get rid of Cronus then simply telling Marty "Sorry you can't leave" is most likely just going to lead to Cronus continuing to cement his power here. He might not like that he is not going to be always int he know of what Marty is doing however if he really is willing to take Baal over Cronus and hopefully get control of earth when it is all done the best thing to do is let Marty go through with his mission so that at the end of it he can do nothing but sing praise to Baal for all the good things Hephaestus did to aid him.

"Sorry, never mind I'm leaving," isn't an answer any Goa'uld would accept after letting someone hear their plans. If you have an issue with what Jono has proposed then offering a counter to that suggestion would be the appropriate way to go or explaining why that would not work. Just saying "never mind" doesn't work. Now Jono is in a very bad position of either imprisoning you until he is done with his current plans or killing you to prevent you from talking.

Incidentally, that is a valid point about not carrying a communicator. Bring it up IC and Jono will accept it. We'll have to figure out some way to contact each other, but that can be worked out.

Also, OOC, the main reason for Jono to remain with the Goa'uld is to be able to assist the resistance and feed the info. He wants to make contact with them. Marty of course doesn't know that, but presumably as the game progresses the characters will figure out that each is really on Earth's side and not the Goa'ulds. Of course we won't ever figure that out if we don't RP together which we can't do if Marty takes off.

Originally Posted By: Servant of Ra
I hope this lets everyone see where they are going and what timeframes I'm looking at. I need people to post as diligently as possible. I know that RL is kickin' our asses, but I'd love to make some real progress in this game over the next couple of weeks.
Sorry I haven't posted in some time here. In all honesty, it's been hard for me to maintain my interest in this game, even though when I first joined, and for some time afterwards, it was my favorite game by far.

The reason for this change in my level of interest, and the reason why I find the above quote a little bit ironic, is because of the extremely slow rate of posting that has been the trend in this game. Dawn, I know that you probably have reasons for taking so long between posts (at least in my thread, I haven't tracked rate of posting in other threads), and knowing you I suspect they're very good reasons too. However, it was very frustrating for me - when this was my favorite game - to put up a post and then have to wait a minimum of three days for a response, and sometimes a week or more - especially when posts that I'd put up in other games or fics that I was much less interested in were receiving responses from you within a day or sometimes even within the hour. And I did bring this concern up with you as politely as I could via whispering in Chat, so please don't feel like I'm springing this on you now.

Don't get me wrong, I still like this game and I still really like my character. It's just much less frustrating for me on a personal level if I treat it as "a little something on the side", rather than as "my favorite game". I'd be happy to go back to thinking of this as one of my favorite games if the posting rate really is going to be increasing, but seeing as how the fastest I've been able to get my thread moving since I started here was roughly two rounds of posting per week, I just couldn't see the point.

Anyway, sorry again for not posting here in a while. Slow rate of posting or not, I should be more diligent about my responses. I'll try to get a post up here today or tomorrow.

Yes, I know. Things have been slow here. Ryan, I'm waiting on A New Ally to wrap (which I think it just may have). I'm trying to get first chapters up, but need a couple of pieces of info, which I'll be getting this week.

Zheng, sorry about the long delays. No, I don't feel jumped about this. Part of it was having a lot of threads to respond to, and waiting until I had two or three to reply to before replying to any of them. That was an attempt to move everyone along at something like the same speed. smile It was successful in part.

Let me ask this: Zheng, since you're alone, what is the minimum posting rate you'd like to see? I don't know what I can promise, but I can try to kick it up a little, especially as I think that I'm going to have 4 active threads rather than 8 (or however many I had to start) to reply to. Can you give me a concrete number of what you are wanting (within reason wink )?

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Let me ask this: Zheng, since you're alone, what is the minimum posting rate you'd like to see? I don't know what I can promise, but I can try to kick it up a little, especially as I think that I'm going to have 4 active threads rather than 8 (or however many I had to start) to reply to. Can you give me a concrete number of what you are wanting (within reason wink )?
Every other day, every two days. Somewhere in there. If we reach a place where it really is necessary to slow down for a bit so that other threads can catch up chronologically that's totally fine, too.

Ok, I think we're all caught up for now. Aside from the group with the resistance waiting on A New Ally to wrap, no one should be waiting on me. If you are, it's because I don't realize that I need to be posting there and you need to tell me that.

As for the group waiting, Jono has until Friday to post. After that, his acceptance of Marty's last statement will be presumptive and I will move things along. After that, I hope to have the first Chapter up.

The following characters can spend the rest of their PP (if they haven't already): Ryan, Mark, Zheng, Marty, Curtis, Kor, Jono, Yseult and Bethany. I think that's all. If you are wondering why you aren't on that list, I either missed you or you're in your prologue. Feel free to ask which if you can't fathom the depths of my twisted (read: confused) mind.

While you can spend them now, let's see a gradual increase in power ICly - role-play it out, have fun with the discovery and learning. smile

It can be. Because you're solitary, I'm not as worried about new chapters and the like. We can be a lot more fluid, as far as I'm concerned. And you don't have to stop what we're doing with the students if you're enjoying it. smile

Archived