World of Darkness: Glimpses of Darkness - OOC Chat

Kylie_OOC

Just poking folks a little here to see if you guys feel like you need something else from me? Or is everyone just busy right now? If that's the case let me know, and I'll give you whatever time you need. I just want to make sure everything's okay on my end.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, I know Forge is busy w/RL stuff at the moment - but the rest of you, is there a hold up? I thought some time to get to know each other as characters would be beneficial, but there's no posting going on whatsoever. Does everyone just want to skip this and move on to main plot? Or have people changed their minds and this is a game they're just not interested in? If that's the case I understand, but I'd appreciate some feedback so I know whether to shut it down or not.

Thanks.

Sorry for the lack of posting. I have been following the main thread, just didn't seem like a point at which for Krystal to inject with something. I didn't want to post just for the sake of posting.

I'm perfectly fine with you moving us pass dinner, mention that we signed on anc continue with the main story.

I know it wasn't, hon!

*pets Max and tries to soothe him*

Okay, so I received word that Forge needs to drop this game. That leaves us with just four players, so I'm calling a vote, since this game is fairly new and hasn't had much of a chance yet since one of the players was pretty much unable to post the whole time. Do people want me to try and replace him with someone else, and we can attempt to jump-start the game and see if we can actually get it running?

Or shall I close up shop?

Okay then - here's what we'll do. I've put up in the shout box for Krul, Logic, and Kalnan to direct their attention here. Those three were on the list of people interested.

I'm opening up the game for up to two openings at the moment, however, because of complications getting this game running because of slower posting, I'm requesting that you guys only submit a character if you feel that you can post to the game on a fairly regular basis, *at least* a couple times a week. (Obviously life happens, but I'm talking the majority of the time here, not special situations).

So, if you feel you can do that, please let me know - technically Kalnan is last on the list so if Krul and Logic both agree then Kalnan you'll get bumped to the top of the list. (Technically Joani is also on the list to join at a later time, if he is still interested in doing so at that time, but that's prearranged).

Anyway, you guys have one week to let me know before I open it up to other players, and I'd like to have characters by the end of the month at the very, very latest. Earlier is better.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kylie.....

It's been a week since that last OOC post from you, and two weeks since there was a post in the main thread. Are things still moving forward or is the game fairly dead in the water? I know you're busy with rl stuff; I'm just starting to really lose touch with my character and the game in general.

Is this still going to happen? Are you too busy to run the game?

I'd hang on for another few days Conner - She had PM'd me asking me to get a character submitted by the end of today and one to another prospective player as well. That suggests that she intends picking it up to some degree this weekend.

K, Conner - are you dropping out for sure? I was, as stated, waiting on one of the two new players to get me their character so I could get them injected into the scene at the same time and get it moving. I'm doing that character approval stuff tonight so they could both get started posting (would have done it this weekend, but the obvious interfered). So if you're still interested, great - I just had to wait for other people to get their characters in. I'm getting characters approved tonight so that people can pick it up again. If not, do people want to continue with the current character spread or abandon the effort?

Edit to the above post:

Since Kal and Logic have both made characters we're going to continue on either way, now that I've gotten profiles approved for the both of them we can get rolling again. If both of you gentlemen could please post your character profiles like everyone else did, that would be great. Mala, if you'd like to keep playing I would really appreciate it, you're a great player and I enjoy having you. I know it's been a pain trying to kind of reboot this since we lost a player and had such a slow start. But if you don't want to I understand.

Either way - now that Logic and Kal are approved for posting once you post your character profiles, please feel free to step into the current thread. Assume that you arrived late for some reason, after the first group left their meeting with Mr. Robillard, and that you had a similar meeting with him, whereas afterward he directed you to the same diner he'd directed the others to to review the documents and get to know each other.

I'm going to give us till the end of March to see if this game is moving again folks, now that we've got fresh blood. If for some reason we're not getting frequent posting by then, then I'll consider the game dead in the water and call it. I'd rather not have to do that. Thanks for everyone's patience.

I'll give it another shot, but even if you've stated that you're working on something with new players, two weeks of silence after a direct question in OOC and over a month of silence from you in the game itself is a bit excessive on the statement of 'I had PM's'. It rather gives off the impression that you weren't even bothering to check the board anymore, and that is an incredibly frustrating feeling.

My request on this is that if the game goes more than two or three days without a post in the main storyline thread, that you as the ST prod people either OOCly or with something ICly. This will help keep the game moving and let the players know that you are involved and engaged with the game. Is that something you're willing to do?

That sounds fair, with the stipulation that if life gets a bit hectic for some reason or another I'll post to you guys and let you know (as I usually do in the shout box anyway, regarding regular posts).

On that note.. I'd like to see some posting from Kal and Logic by the end of the week to get this rolling. Thanks again for your patience, folks.

Also, if you would prefer not to bother with the "getting to know people" thread, as it's a bit stagnant, please post here if you would rather I just brought you all back up to the main house again and got started with the regular plot, under the assumption that both of you already met with Charles and signed your forms there, declining to go meet people for lunch since you'd missed them already.

Okay, since the two new players prefer to move on and everyone else had kind of tapered off, let's go ahead and get this going with a new chapter. Enjoy everyone, and if there's anything you need from me as an ST, feel free to ask. Remember, I haven't done a lot of this so I might not think of everything! Despite my otherwordly charm, I am still human. Or at least as far as you know... wink

Guys, I intended to convert my hand-drawn map into something I could put up here by tonight, but I seem to have misplaced it. If I don't find it by tomorrow evening I'll just redo it. Either way I promise to have a map to you by tomorrow night after my CAT scan, which should mean when everyone's still awake and posting. My apologies for the extra day's delay.

Hey guys, Thursdays are my busy days so I'll get you a description of the house sometime tomorrow, most likely. Possibly this evening but I'm not for sure, I have plans. Plans that involve Johnny Depp. And a movie theater. And Tim Burton. popcorn

I'm sorry about the delay with posting guys. I seem to have lost the original floor plans I had for the house - I've been looking for them, but haven't been able to find them - and I've meant to sit down and redraw them up so I can provide accurate descriptions. Nothing crazy, nothing that should take too terribly long but I did so much other drafting stuff this week for a project that I was kind of burnt out on it. I will try to get the new post done, hopefully by tomorrow, so that you guys can keep moving.

Once again, sorry about the delay, and thanks for your patience.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the notice Mala, I definitely understand paring it down, especially with your schedule.

On that note guys I think I'm going to close this game down. I know some of you guys have been trying to keep up the posting on a fairly regular basis and I appreciate it. But it's a small game anyway, at this point we're kind of down on players and I think this is going to be a hard game to keep going without some fairly frequent posting. We've also gone through one round of transferring players already and we're not very far into the game - I'm not sure if I'm up to doing it again. I've had someone else request participation in the game so technically we could fill Connor's spot, but unless you guys are going to be devastated by it I think I'm going to close up shop. I'll leave this open for a couple more days before I PM Chosen so people can let me know what they think, but that's the direction I'm leaning on this.

In truth, I would prefer not to fold. This is one of my more enjoyed games. However, you're the ST, and it's your call, without question. I understand with the loss and turnover and still more player loss why you'd want to fold.

...well, to be honest that wasn't the response I expected, I didn't realize this was on anyone's "more enjoyed" list. Between that and assurances regarding posting frequency I got from the newly interested party, I'm willing to keep going, so long as it won't be primarily Ian and Krystal posting.

What I would like to do is get a commitment from everyone that (unless RL intervenes for some reason on occasion, of course) I can get a couple posts from you a week at least, then I'd be willing to keep it running. This does not need to be a super-fast game, I just want to know that people are going to put some effort into it. Kal and Logic, this is primarily directed at you - you've both been in game about a month and I've gotten I think about two posts from each of you during that time, which is an average of one every couple of weeks. Do you guys think you can step that up just a little bit?

Small edit:

Also, I'll try to give you guys a little more to go on to get you started, I realize now that I read back that you haven't gotten a lot of direction and I know that can help. But realize too that this is kind of a "Poke it and see if it goes "BOO!" type of game. Rolls are great, I'll be happy to help you use them to find stuff and help progress, but unless people start checking out rooms and actively looking around, I'm not going to volunteer it or anything. But I will get a post up there to prompt you along in just a second, probably using it as an opportunity to introduce Gary B's character, who has expressed an interest in being involved as well.

Looks like crisis averted again, which is a relief. I just want to add my voice of support though, even if belatedly. I can't always be Speedy McPostFast, but this is a game I'd hate to lose. I really like the characters and the situation; I think they have scads of potential.

Don't get discouraged, Kylie...PBP's can be like that sometimes, but they can be really rewarding too. smile

Archived