World of Darkness: Glimpses of Darkness - OOC Chat

Kylie_OOC

Annnnd... we are clear for takeoff!

For those of you who are reading this message, you fall into one of these two categories.

1. Someone who has already agreed to be a part of my first run as an ST on these forums.

2. Someone whom I hope will enjoy reading this game, and who may or may not be interested once I get my footing, and begin accepting more than the initial requested players.

To elaborate a little, WoD: Glimpses of Darkness is a new, ST-driven game. It will be utilizing new World of Darkness rules and will be set in a modern-day setting that is inspired by both WoD and Call of Cthulhu. Call it fate or just coincidence that I'm choosing to start this game during the month of October, but either way it seems appropriate. I do want to emphasize that while this setting is inspired by both of the above-listed settings, it is not necessarily exact to either of them. This is a general occult/mystery/suspense/horror setting that ultimately plays by my rules (I will be posting more elaborate game/setting info, as well as character creation information, in a relevant thread soon).

As for why this isn't (yet) an open game, well.. to be honest, I was a little intimidated at the idea. While I'm going to try my hardest to run a good game, and while the setup of this game is geared towards eventual growth, I want to first make sure that I'm setting both myself and my players up for success. And to do that, this game is beginning as an invitation-only game with a very limited number of players. I chose those whom I felt would enjoy the setting, who would be patient with my beginning storytelling, and who post on a fairly consistent basis. Please, if you weren't initially invited, I hope no offense is taken where none was meant.

If you would like to be considered for this game at a future date, depending on it's success, I do invite you to let me know, and I will try to keep track of those who are interested. Thank you for those who have chosen to participate, and if you have any questions, feel free to get a hold of me.

Sincerely,

Kylie

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as a quick note to you all, I appreciate your patience with me for getting character generation rules up. I got hit Tuesday during class with the realization of just how much work I had left to do on this project before *next* Tuesday when it's due, and I've been kind of booked this week with other stuff too. So character generation rules will be up ASAP, I promise.

Thanks again.

Okay, folks - general game description info and character generation info is up! Please start making your characters (assuming the concept has been approved) and talk to me for final approval. I would prefer to have character sheets for everyone by next Friday if possible, however if there is a delay please feel free to talk to me about it because we'll start this thing when everyone is ready to go, and not before.

If you'd like to post character fictions, I'm okay with that once your character stats have been approved. I would prefer for you to hold off on posting until that time, even if your character concept has already been initially approved.

Please send your characters to me in a PM with the subject reading as follows:

[Glimpses]: "Character Name Here"

And last but not least.. thanks for being so patient with me while I get this going - it's been a hectic couple weeks.

Oooo, ya gotta boast about it huh? I see how you are. "Look at me, I'm Romeo and I'm first! Big man on the boards!"

See, Krystal's really the big one, getting her tits out there first. 'Course, it'd be hard for 'em to not be first into the room.

• 2 weeks later...

Ian - Saw the fic opening...it's good. I apologize for the delay in responding. Had a combination of distractions IRL and a fit of insecurity about my character. However, I think I've got it nailed down now, so short of Minneapolis exploding, I should be able to get my long overdue response up today/tonight.

Thanks for being patient.

Guys, we're still unpacking and getting settled in at the new house; there's a -ton- of work just organizing four separate households into one. We've got 7 adults, one infant (that just got over the chicken pox), 6 cats, and a rabbit all trying to learn how to live together. Posting will probably pick up this week, but neither Kylie, myself, or Dawn will be on anything resembling a normal schedule for a bit.

Please be patient for a little longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking for a quick consensus here, folks - has anyone so far had any problem with the way I've written Charles' accent? I do it (like with Moira) for atmosphere/effect, but because he is an NPC, if anyone is unable to understand what I'm saying with him please let me know either in this thread or in chat or a PM, and if I need to I can always type in a proper, non-phonetic manner and you guys can just try to imagine that accent. I don't want my players to have any issue with understanding my posts.

Giving everyone till Friday to post and speak up or ask anymore questions of Charles before he recommends a restaurant and I transition scenes. I'll only post sooner if everyone says they're done here for now and are ready to move on to some group-talkie/reviewing contract time. So if you want me to move you all forward immediately, post and let me know please so I don't waste your time. laugh

Archived