Aberrant: Dead Rising - Chapter 10a: Hell [Mature]

Dawn OOC

Just fucking great..., Violet thought as she realized how the young girls stanced shifted from trust to mistrust. This would've gone smoothly if Myf hadn't interfered...

The unearthly beauty, a beacon of feminity, squated down to be on eye level with Hana and sighed briefly.

"Listen to me, Hana... I've got a gift... a special power. I can feel what you feel and... I can change that. I know that you must've overheard our little conversation and that's ok but you must believe me that I'm only trying to help you. I did influence you to trust me more and I could do it again but I won't. You need to know that we're in a very dangerous situation right now and trying to rescue people from the prison. There are lots of mothers and daughters there held by evil men... do you understand?", Violet hoped that Hana would understand. She had to because there wasn't much of a choice.

"And I want to apologize... I... I shouldn't have used my power to change your feelings towards me.", this time Violet's smile got even more unreal. Maybe because she meant it this time and wasn't "putting it on".

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you? Hana wanted to shout. What kind of people were these? What kind of people could fly and rip holes in the sky and make you feel whatever they wanted you to feel? Even Myfwany, who at least looked normal, was some kind of weirdo…and had an Indian name.

As Violet’s smile washed over her with dizzying intensity, Hana took a half step back and looked towards the prison. She had been walking the road for days. She had seen the type of men Violet was talking about—though thankfully they hadn’t seen her—and she had seen the kind of things they did to those they could catch. She had only to briefly shut her eyes and the memory of the young woman’s screams filled her ears. Pitiful broken animal sounds that had drawn Hana, against her better judgment, to go look. What she had seen she could not unsee. She had thought the young woman was being killed and eaten by the zombies…that would’ve been no worse. Maybe the young woman had thought she could find help with those men, the way Hana had thought to find help when she saw the prison from the road. But no one really wanted to help, Hana knew. And you couldn’t trust anyone but yourself.

Hana’s eyes blinked open and she nodded mutely at Violet. I understand. She understood only too well. She could take her chances with Violet and her band of freaks, or she could take her chances with men like the ones on the road...like the ones behind the prison walls. That was an easy choice.

Myfwany watched the scene unfolding between Hana and Violet with mixed feelings. She knew that this episode would hurt the girl's ability to trust them right now...but making sure Violet owned up to her powers right up front made -real- trust possible in the future, in her opinion. If their actions merited it, Hana might eventually find them worthy of that. If not...then they might at least see that as cause for re-examination of their actions.

"If it helps any," Myfwany said softly, coming up behind Violet, "most of the people in the refuge are just like you. People who are just looking for a safe place to sleep, where they don't have to worry about zombies finding them in the night, or other people hurting them or stealing from them. They're good people, who are trying to bring a little of what we all lost back."

"You'll be welcome there, if you choose to stay."

No, Hana thought, they’re not just like me. They’re nothing like me. She tried to imagine looking at herself through Myfwany’s eyes. What would she see? A little Asian kid, helpless and lost and scared. No mom. No dad. Another scattered victim of Z-day, adrift, trying to find some bit of hope to float upon. And maybe she was that. And that was all Hana wanted her to see.

Maybe she had just dreamed that other Hana that Myfwany, and even Violet, couldn’t see. Maybe, if she tried hard enough, she could keep that Hana locked away in a deep unreachable part of herself. And maybe nobody would ever see or know. She could just pretend. She could walk around and talk to people and maybe even play like other kids, if there were other kids, as long as she was careful and kept pretending.

Hana tried to imagine what the refuge was like. Was it an old school or a church? What kind of people would she find there? Would there be teachers? Stores? Houses? Hana tried to imagine it. In her mind she pictured a low wide whitewashed building with a big heavy door and a tall gate. You would need a gate to keep the zombies out. And how did they feed everyone? Would there be enough to eat?

Hana nervously chewed her lower lip, then glanced up at Myfwany, breaking out of her reverie. The doctor was waiting for an answer.

“Okay.” Hana said.

Myfwany smiled warmly. "Okay."

She awkwardly sat down on the humvee's massive front bumper and looked pensively down at the prison for a second. Then, maybe looking for something to take her mind off of it, she asked Hana, "So what city are you from originally? Have you been on your own long?"

“We’re from Hilo,” Hana finally decided to answer, casting a long look at the darkened sky. “We moved to California though. Last year.” She shot Myfwany another furtive look.

“We came to Texas to visit my aunt and uncle and then we left after a week cuz Mom and Dad wanted to stop in Vegas.” Hana paused and took a deep breath. “Only we never got to Vegas. We got stuck on the road. Dad tried to get us some place safe…but…” Hana shrugged, took another breath and pushed on. “That was in New Mexico. Things were bad there. When…we got split up, I thought maybe I should go to Colorado, cuz maybe all the zombies would be frozen there cuz of the snow.” Hana checked Myfwany’s reaction with another sharp look. “But I didn’t know my way around and I didn’t have a car or anything. Now I’ve got a map. I always stop at the rest stations and get a map.”

Hana itched the edge of a scar, white against her tanned knee, visible through a tear in her jeans. “Once I got on Forty it wasn’t too bad, mostly. There was a mall in Amarillo. That was back in Texas.” Hana pushed an errant lock of hair back behind her ear. “Marmac Market Mall. I was there for like two months almost. Fifty four days. I counted.”

Abruptly, Hana stopped and fought a blush. “It was stupid. I was there with some other people at first. And everyone was real nice at first, but then we started running out of food and water and stuff and, you know,” she giggles at herself, scornfully, “people stopped being nice and started getting real. Like on MTV.”

Myfwany had obviously decided to ‘take over’ and Violet’s attempts to establish a new connection to the girl were not needed anymore. “Might aswell stay here now instead of going back.”, she said to herself and stared into the distance.

She was fed up and tired of the constant criticism. Violet crossed her arms under her impressive chest and hugged herself humming a low tune to herself. When would she be trusted and accepted? Probably never.

Myf glanced over at Violet and frowned slightly. As much as she felt sorry for Vi's position, she could sometimes be absolutely maddening to try to get along with. She tended to perceive any sort of action as a personal slight, and required constant reassurance to feed her insatiable emotional neediness. Hadn't Myf, of all people, earned her trust by now?

"Not that we have much choice," she reminded Violet with a smile. "We're on Fox's timetable now. Why don't you come over here and talk with us while we wait?"

Surprised by Myf’s invitation Violet turned around and joined her and Hana. Her darkening mood instantly lightening up as she approached the Humvee. “I’m sorry.”, she said as she sat down next to Myf on the bumper. “I just don’t feel much comfortable around here. There’s a lot of tension in the air and anticipation. It’s hard for me to avoid being influenced by it. I guess I’m not made for such missions…”

Her eyes rested on the young girl again and she warmly smiled at her. “You’re going to like it at the refuge. It’s the safest place you can be these days as far as I’m concerned. And you’re not the only kid there… and should you not like it, well… we’ve got contact to another settlement but honestly – I think there’s no better place than Fox’s Refuge. We’re even building a school.”

Even without her powers Violet’s voice and ‘aura’ made what she said sound like it was the best thing in the world. She could sell snow to the Eskimos or sand to the Saudis… it made sense when she said it.

Violet’s words and voice sounded so good. More than anything, Hana wanted to believe her. She dropped her foot from the bumper and stood still, her hands thrust deep into the pockets of her thin hoodie and briefly met Violet’s piercing eyes. “Yeah?” It came out a hushed plea. And in that moment of aching hopefulness, waiting for Violet and Myfwany to reassure her, Hana thought of the refuge. She thought of the refuge and she thought of Amanda and Jamie and wondered if she’d ever have friends again. Wondered if she could ever just laugh and play again. Or ride a bike. Or skate. Or watch a movie. Or anything again. Would she ever be able to look into a mirror without a twinge of fear or close her eyes at night and not dream of that vast and terrible darkness.

Maybe if I’m careful. Maybe if I’m really careful. Hana tried to tell herself. Violet’s soothing voice made anything seem possible. Even happiness. Maybe.

“Is it really big?” Hana asked shyly. “Are there lots of people there?”

Violet kept her warm and enticing smile and nodded at Hana like a big sister would. “I guess it’s big compared to what is left of the US. About 300 souls but I don’t know the exact numbers. I’m helping Myfwany in the Hospital as nurse. The place used to be a military base and those were built to withstand a war – I think it’s as safe as it can get. We’re building a second defence wall and there are guards on 24/7.”

The incredibly busty woman with the most revealing bodice/robe hunched a bit more forward to focus her attention on the little girl. Her unnatural purple eyes sparkled as if they could see directly into Hana’s soul. “We’re really making steps forward to reclaim some of what we’ve lost and there are some really amazing people who live there. You’re going to like it, Hana.”

Hana glanced from Violet’s eyes to the huge breasts tilted precariously forward. She felt briefly self-conscious about her own barely budding breasts, and wondered how the skimpy straining bodice managed to keep the enormous jiggling weight of Violet’s tits from overflowing and just popping out into the open. Hana waited for it to happen. Plop. But somehow they didn’t. Somehow they stayed in place and Hana crossed her arms over her own small chest and forced her eyes back to Violet’s.

And that was almost worse. Because looking at Violet’s eyes made Hana felt naked and skewered, like a butterfly pinned to a collection plate. She prayed Violet couldn’t see as deep as she seemed to and answered the warm sisterly smile with a demure and reserved little smile of her own. Three hundred people was a lot...but then Hana had a disturbing thought...

“Are they all like you? I mean...different?”

Violet wasn’t sure what Hana initially meant but when Myfwany chuckled and spoke about the physicals she had to suppress a laugh herself. Even though Hana surely had suffered a lot in her young live she still had retained some of her innocence and that was a good sign.

“Have you never met any people like us on the road?”, Violet asked wondering if the supers were just a local phenomenon. She was still not quiet sure how and why she had become like James labelled it but her live had surely changed after that. All she could say was that it coincided with Z-Day in her case which made the idea that it was related to the Z-Virus very plausible. Yet no one could actually confirm that but they also lacked the tools and facilities to make extensive research on that matter.

Violet tried to be as trustful and caring as she possibly could without using her powers. The problem was that almost no one could relate to what she experienced and how social interaction for her was. People acted differently in her presence – even if she was just standing there and breathing. Everything was interpreted – every look, every move, every gesture or the lack of it. Violet wished she could share that experience with someone just to show them how it felt and how it was – maybe then they would start to understand…

“There was this guy at Marmac...” Hana looked from Violet to Myfwany as she idly twisted her hips slowly from one side to the other and rolled a round rock back and forth with her sneaker. She could easily recall his sharp aquiline features, his shiny white smile. “His name was, um, Carlos. He was nice and all, I guess, but everyone pretty much did what he told them to. Like...” Hana paused and looked up from her shoes, stilling herself. “I guess I never really thought about it before but whenever he told someone to do something he’d get this funny look kinda like this,” Hana fixed a hard grin on her face and made her eyes as wide as they would go. “Like that sorta,” she relaxed, gave her friendship bracelet a couple of turns around her wrist. “Maybe a little bit like what you can do,” Hana said to Violet, cautiously. “only everyone always did what he said. And he wasn’t like, super cute or anything. I mean, he wasn’t ugly, I guess, but not like Jude Law or whatever.”

Hana glanced again at the sky and then back towards the prison. “He’s the only one I think...are you going to try to get all those people out of there and bring them to your refuge?”

Violet nodded again in a very sisterly way. Hana was adorably cute the way she spoke and described things. It made the tall vixen beauty of a woman smile in a very different way she usually did. She was enjoying this on a very innocent and basic level – as if she was barely older than twelve herself.

Hana’s question wiped that smile almost away as Violet remembered one of the reasons they’d come to this place. It would be difficult to explain to Hana that part of this missions motive was revenge. But there was a more virtuous answer to her question, „That’s the plan, Hana. We’ve heard terrible things of that place. Women being kept against their will and tortured by men who probably are worse than the walking dead. They know what they are doing and aren’t mindless beasts. That makes them more dangerous and cruel in my book than any zombie could ever be. I’m glad we could spare you from that fate – I would’ve hated to see that smile of yours lost forever. You’re a cute girl under all that dust and dirt. If you want you can have that shower at my place and after that I’ll make you some pancakes with honey. How does that sound to you?“

Hana blushed at Violet’s compliment and at the mention of pancakes and honey felt her mouth water and her stomach growl and clench with renewed intensity. She nodded, and though her eyes brightened with expectation, she tried to play down her eagerness. “That sounds okay.” She said simply.

Swiping some hair out of her face, Hana looked over at the prison again. Framed in the pale moonlight against the blackening sky, the gates looked like an open mouth with broken teeth. It was hard to think past the pancakes, but Hana thought of the women being tortured behind those walls...there might be a dozen prisoners trapped there. There might be a hundred. How would Violet and Myfwany take care of them all? They’d be hungry and thirsty, just like Hana was. What if they all wanted showers, too? Violet couldn’t take them all to her house. She couldn’t give them all pancakes.

Hana chewed her lip as her anxiety built. Will there be enough food for everyone? What if there isn’t? Then who gets to stay and who has to go?

"Good!", Violet replied happily and shuffled through Hana's hair with her hand making her overabundant chest bulge and bounce dangerously close to bursting the cups of her bodice - but somehow they magically remained in place. Still it looked like Violet could have gone naked, there wasn't much fabric that actually covered her chest and upper body.

"We're under the protection and guidance of two Marine Captains and a bunch of very special people with all kinds of extraordinary gifts. I just hope that we can rescue as many of the women and girls as possible without too much loss. You'll see once we get to the refuge and then you can decide where you're going to stay. Regardless of that, my offer stands - shower and pancakes for the newcomer - even if you decide to move on, although I doubt that's a good idea. How old are you, Hana? 12? 14?"

There was a confidence and certainty in Violet's voice which was almost infectious.

Hana fought, and almost managed to suppress, a bashful grin as Violet tousled her already mussed up hair. “I’m thirteen. And a half.” Hana answered, with a hint of defiant pride, quite aware that she barely looked twelve and waiting for one of the two women to challenge her claim.

She could not easily forget her birthday. November eleventh. Almost thirteen years exactly before the dawn of Z-day. Lucky thirteen...and she had been lucky, to come as far as she’d come, to survive the dangers of the roads and the fighting at Marmac and the fate of the girls and women in the prison. And now she was maybe just hours away from pancakes and a shower and some new clothes like Dan had promised, and it was easy to fill her mind with thoughts of that—would they be blueberry pancakes, she wondered with a pang of longing—than to think on all that had been lost. Mom, Dad, Jake. The little house in Palo Alto that she’d never see again. Her cat, Baka.

Hana felt her throat tighten and her eyes sting with the first hint of tears, but she swallowed down the urge to cry. She wasn’t going to just break down and bawl like a baby in front of Myfwany and Violet. Pancakes, she told herself, and her brave little smile faltered almost imperceptibly.

Myfwany gave Hana an encouraging smile, privately rather amazed such a young girl could survive that long more or less on her own.

"Now," she said teasingly. "The bad news is that we're building a school soon, so you will have to start that up again when it's done. I'm not sure exactly when that'll be, since there's other projects that could move ahead of it, but hopefully not long. What kind of subjects are you good at?"

A short distance away near the other soldiers another gateway opened. Fox stepped through, "Ok, second team lets move." He waited for the other men to proceed him then stepped through and let the gateway drop.

One way or another this will be over soon.

Back at the Humvees, Hana watched the men going through the portal. It was unreal. One moment they were there, the next they had stepped through the strange shimmering tear in the air...and they were gone, vanished. Hana blinked, staring at the point where they’d been swallowed up by nothingness.

“I was pretty good at math...” Hana answered Myfwany numbly, then pointed at the rift. “What is that thing? Where did they go?”

"Morgan, who's sort of our leader, has an ability to make a sort of doorway that connects one place to another," Myf replied, suddenly acutely aware of how utterly bizarre the power she was describing was. Things she'd managed to come to terms with, or at least ignore, were put in a different light when she had to explain them to someone else.

"In this case, it leads from here, to the prison. They're using it to bring our people inside all at once so we can surprise them."

She looked over at the prison unhappily. There'd soon be a lot of work for her. Bullet wounds and injuries from sustained and repeated abuse and torture. It was going to be -ugly-.

“Oh.” Hana fell silent, just staring at the prison. She felt dizzy with disbelief. Or maybe it was just hunger and fatigue. It felt like she was trapped in dream, a fantasy she had revisited often during the last five months, telling herself, during the darkest days of Marmac, during the bleak and lonely nights on the road, hungry and cold and despairing, that she would just wake up. That this time, when she opened her eyes, everything would be as it had been before. She would be safe in her bed with her comforter pulled up to her ears. Her dad would get her up for school, her mom would scold her for taking too long to get ready. The smiling faces of her friends would greet her on the bus.

Only every morning was the same. She awoke to the same awful dream. A world of the dead. A world without laws, without families, without friends. A strange and terrible place...that had just gotten a little more strange.

“I thought Fox was your leader,” Hana heard herself say. She was feeling faint, her legs rubbery and wanting to fold. Maybe she should have the rest of that powerbar.

“Okay.” Hana agreed. She let Myfwany take her to the Humvee and clambered up into the backseat, wriggling free of her backpack and pushing it between her and the door. It was so nice to just sit down and let her body go slack. To relax. The seats were big and comfortable and Hana felt her eyes getting heavy with sleepiness. I can’t fall asleep now, she told herself, willing herself to stay awake and looking over at Myfwany and Violet through the glass. She pressed her fingers into the cushions, thought how this was another sign of how much the world had changed, that she could step into a stranger’s car and feel safer there than she’d felt anywhere for a long long time. Maybe it was the lingering effects of Violet’s power. She selfishly hoped she wouldn’t have to share the Humvee with too many refugees from the prison. She just wanted to close her eyes. Sleep. No. Not yet.

Hana yawned, covering her mouth with her fist. “How come his name is Morgan?” she asked, “That’s a girl’s name.”

Dan's icy calm was the only thing that kept him from retching as he entered the fetid conditions of the prisoner cells. Many of the women looked horribly mistreated, some with obvious injuries, others he knew were in pain, but looked better than the others.

Many recoiled at the sight of the armed marine, and this proved to be the beginning for Dan. When they shied back it allowed him to see deeper into the cells as he stalked the guards he knew were present. What he saw made even his icy facade crack. The younger women girls of no more than 14 or 15 were just as badly beaten and injured, all the way down to the little ones who couldn't be more than eight.

It sickened him, and his muscles tensed, as the first of three bullets impacted the walls behind him. Reacting with astonishing quickness Hedashed toward the pair of guards, Firing as he went.

Myfwany laughed. "You're very interested in names, aren't you? Well, Morgan isn't -just- a girl's name. It can be a man's name too. In fact, in England, you're more likely to find men named Morgan than women."

She paused then, abruptly wondering about England. How had it survived the z-plague? And what about places like Africa, and South America? Her heart clenched thinking about the abattoir that Tokyo must have become. So many people, all crammed together as tightly as possible.

James saw two armed men coming out of a building and leaped. He landed and struck both with the bar... hitting like a car. James glanced at them then moved on. Broken bones. Myf could fix them, if we want them that way. Stay calm, no one dies because I'm angry and/or careless.

Click to reveal..
Split action, 2x bar, no megas, pulling str down to [10]

1st 8d10.hits(7) → [10,2,2,9,7,7,7,5] = 5 sux

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2315441/

2nd 7d10.hits(7) → [3,6,9,10,6,1,6] = 3 sux (with 10 reroll)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2315440/

10's re-rolled (1st to 1st) 2d10.hits(7) → [4,8] = (1)

Damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2315453/

4d acc + 6d from weapon

10d10.hits(7) → [6,8,3,4,6,9,6,8,9,3] = 4 sux

2d acc + 6d from weapon

10d10.hits(7) → [3,7,1,5,8,7,7,5,2,10] = 4 sux (removed last 2 dice)

14 Bashing damage on both. With soak they should still be alive but ko'ed

“I guess,” Hana answered dubiously. She thought of fish and chips and red uniforms and tall fuzzy black hats.

Myfwany’s expression had changed and Hana watched her. She rubbed her sleepy eyes and raised her sneakers up onto the edge of the seat, drawing her knees up against her chest and hugging them there.

“Do you think it’s like this everywhere?” Hana asked, as if reading Myfwany’s mind. “In Europe and Australia and every other place everywhere?” Before Myfwany could speak, Hana answered her own question. “I bet it is. If it wasn’t they’d have sent help by now. There’d be airplanes and they’d drop food and things like when there’s a war. Supply drops.” Hana worried at her friendship bracelet, tugging it this way and that, looking away from Myfwany and out the window at her own faint reflection and beyond.

“Maybe there’s no zombies in Alaska. Or Antarctica. That’s where I’d go if I could.” Hana concluded.

(Posting pre-Fox per Carver's approval just cause it's kind of two separate combat situations at the moment anyway.)

Jasmine could hear the thundering of footsteps moving up the stairs, but her immediate concern was the hallway. As doors began to slam open and men began to pour out of the adjoining rooms, the angry young woman kicked into high gear. The first swing of her brand new machete sliced through the first of the bastards who ran at her, without even giving him time to register what was happening. The crimson streak across the edge of the blade was a far cry from the normal tacky, disgusting residue left behind by the walking dead.. but this was a new blade and a new day, and the arc of blood that the machete sprayed across the walls as Jasmine's first victim fell screaming in agony was the same appropriately brilliant scarlet color as the shirt she'd buried Denali in.

The machete arced around with a deft curve of her wrist, and it's next intended victim stumbled back in surprise, hands grabbing desperately for some weapon, a gun perhaps, to repel the supernaturally-fast young woman. It won him a brief moment of living terror, before she twisted around and arced the blade at him again, granting him a swift death as she instinctively separated his head from his neck with no more thought than she would've given to a zombie.

Her next target was the most intelligent of the three thus far, and turned to flee. Unfortunately he underestimated Jasmine's quickness, and as he turned the blade bit deeply into him at an angle, from shoulder to waist, slicing cleaning through his spine in the process. He legs gave out beneath him, and he fell screaming to the floor as well.

Down the hall all Bond, Jules, Kristin and Hornsbeck could hear was the screaming of two agonized men, followed by the terrified shouts of many, many more who'd headed to their boss's aid. To Hornsbeck and his men, one thing was clear.. there was indeed trouble in Paradise.

Click to reveal..

Activating Enhance Initiative: -1QP = 18 QP (Init: 22)

Attacking Bastard #1, 1st dice Mega: Dex + Melee: 7d10 → [6,4,4,4,4,6,8] = 1 suxx

Bastard #1 Dodge: 5d10 → [5,5,5,5,2] = 0 suxx

Roll for Dmg: 6d10 → [8,7,1,4,4,5] = 2 suxx + 5 M-Str auto = 7 suxx (Incapacitated/dying).

Activating Quickness: - 1QP = 17QP (Action: Init 20)

Attacking Bastard #2, 1st dice Mega: Dex + Melee: 7d10 → [8,9,3,1,6,6,2] = 3 suxx

Bastard #2 Dodge: 5d10 → [9,10,7,8,4] = 4 suxx (miss).

Activating Quickness: -1QP = 16QP (Action: Init 18)

Attacking Bastard #2 again, 1st dice Mega: Dex + Melee: 7d10 → [8,8,9,6,3,5,5] = 4 suxx

Bastard #2 Dodge #2: 5d10 → [4,1,2,6,5] = 0 suxx

Rolling Damage: 9d10 → [9,6,5,3,8,9,5,3,7] = 4 + 5 auto = 9 suxx (Dead).

Activating Quickness: -1QP = 15QP (Action: Init 16)

Attacking Bastard #3, 1st dice Mega: Dex + Melee: 7d10 → [8,3,10,6,3,4,3] = 3 suxx

Bastard #3 Dodge: 5d10 → [4,6,8,2,4] = 1 suxx

Rolling Damage: 7d10 → [3,2,5,5,2,9,4] = 1 suxx + 5 auto = 6 suxx (Crippled).

Before he could even shout a warning or move, Hornsbeck had already shed more of Jules' blood. Bond's lips tightened into a thin white line as he resisted the urge to raise his left hand, the one containing the pistol, and decorate the wall behind Hornsbeck with his brains. Too quick. the cold-blooded merc thought to himself, having already decided on an appropriate fate for this rabid disease in human shape. Whether or not his fellow supers would allow it was another matter, but Bond figured that was a future battle.

The assault shotgun snugged in under his right arm made a staccato series of dull cracking sounds as it fired rapidly. a burst of whistling, thudding beanbag rounds hitting Hornsbeck square in the groin.

Click to reveal..

Dex+Firearms (9 & 1 Mega) + Burst (+2) + Accuracy (+5) = 17 dice

1d10=5, 1d10=8, 1d10=9, 1d10=7, 1d10=6, ... 1d10=6, 1d10=7

= 10 succs -1 for Burst difficulty, -3 for groin

= 6 succs

Popping 10's (Steady Hand quality)

1d10=4, 1d10=10

1 succ

1d10=8

1 succ

Total= 7 successes to hit.

Damage = 6d10B, + 5 Hit succs, +4 (groin shot) - 4 Soak = 11d10B

1d10=4, 1d10=4, 1d10=9, 1d10=8, 1d10=9, 1d10=9, 1d10=5, 1d10=1, 1d10=8, 1d10=10, 1d10=3

= 6 Bashing

Hornsbeck was already coiled on the ground, coughing and weeping. Jules got up, hating that she'd not been the one to put him there while rejoicing that he was there. She grabbed him under an arm and yanked him to his feet, shoving him against a wall. He made a choking noise as he was pushed into place by his throat. As she held him effortlessly in place with one stiff arm, she pulled her walkie-talkie out with the other. "We got him," she said, her black eyes locking with his. The urge to close her fingers around his neck was strong, but she was determined to show Morgan that he'd been wrong to doubt her.

She hesitated when she saw the raven-haired woman burst into the room - a woman she had never seen before, but she was sure she recognized. Master had told her about the one that had gotten away, had shown her, intimately, what he was going to do to her when he got his hands on her again.

She heard the familiar bark of Master's rifle, blood spraying, though not a drop landed on her disturbingly pristine form. Then James Bond - James Bond! - shot him, in the groin, and Master was down, just like that. It didn't seem possible. Oh, no! Ashley! She shook her blond head in worry and when she looked up again, the woman whose punishments she had endured had Master pressed up against the wall.

Originally Posted By: Master
Hornsbeck shouted, "Kristin, go!

She covered her ears with her hands, Master's last command reverberating in her head. Kristin is me! - Master'll hurt Ashley - Kill him! - Ashley! - Freedom! - It's a trick - With a piecing scream, youthful and yet so, so old at the same time, the young teen with the incredible, disconcertingly developed body surged to her feet, tears of directionless rage falling from her large, green eyes...

Click to reveal.. ( Game Junk)

Activating Enhanced Movement for the scene (3 qp, 21/24 qp)

Activating Irresistible Force (3 qp, +6 Difficulty to resist Knockback/Knockdown, 18/24 qp)

Master's Command: 6d10.hits(7)= 3 Successes

Kristin's Will: 5d10.hits(7)= 3 Successes

Quantum Pool 18/24, Willpower 0/5

... and dashed across the room with shocking speed, the chain hanging from her collar streaming behind her like a macabre banner. Small hands tightened on the frame of the bed with the sound of creaking wood, defined muscles rippled and grew taut, then she hurled it, smashing against the wall.

"Where's... Ashley?!" Kristin demanded of everyone and no one, sweet voice full of released rage and despair.

Dan:

The guards here had a sense of the danger, but they didn't yet realize how bad it was. Guns can fire quickly, and men can be lucky shots. The injured fell back while the uninjured stepped up and took aim.

Click to reveal..
I'm assuming that Dan is not attempting to dodge. If this is wrong, please correct me ASAP.

Three Guards: 3 sux, 3 sux, 2 sux

10,7,1,10,4,3,5 | 2,6,7,5,7,9,3 | 2,2,1,6,9,6,10

Damage: No damage - none of them got the 8 minimum successes to get the one die to attempt to pierce his forcefield

James:

James felt an eyebrow rise as two guards dashed forward, their guns drawn. He guessed that they hadn’t quite seen what he’d done to the other two guards; they paused and fired.

Click to reveal..
Two Guards: 2 sux, 4 sux

6,7,4,4,10,4,5 | 9,9,7,4,2,9,6

Damage: No damage from first guard; 1 at 1d10 – 0L from either shooter

Jasmine:

The two guards coming up the stairs paused when they saw the carnage. The four half-out of their rooms were quickly retreating – save one. He reached back into his room, then threw something at Jasmine. She had a moment to see the thing bouncing at her – a small grenade.

Click to reveal..
Jas has a round to react before the fuse runs out.

Originally Posted By: Atomicweasel
“I guess,” Hana answered dubiously. She thought of fish and chips and red uniforms and tall fuzzy black hats.

Myfwany’s expression had changed and Hana watched her. She rubbed her sleepy eyes and raised her sneakers up onto the edge of the seat, drawing her knees up against her chest and hugging them there.

“Do you think it’s like this everywhere?” Hana asked, as if reading Myfwany’s mind. “In Europe and Australia and every other place everywhere?” Before Myfwany could speak, Hana answered her own question. “I bet it is. If it wasn’t they’d have sent help by now. There’d be airplanes and they’d drop food and things like when there’s a war. Supply drops.” Hana worried at her friendship bracelet, tugging it this way and that, looking away from Myfwany and out the window at her own faint reflection and beyond.

“Maybe there’s no zombies in Alaska. Or Antarctica. That’s where I’d go if I could.” Hana concluded.

Violet couldn’t stop smiling at Hana. The young girl had a remarkable spirit and sense for survival. When she finally got into the Humvee Violet could feel how tired Hana was and how much she wanted to close her eyes and just sleep. It was tempting to help her relax and find that peace but Myfwany wouldn’t approve. Besides that – things would get ugly soon and having a lethargic kid around wouldn’t help much.

Violet was about to join Hana in the Humvee when she heard the first shots and combat noise. The uneathly beauty flinched and cowered briefly behind the Humvee and turned around facing away from the noise while she slowly squated down again. Please – don’t get hurt, Dan – please don’t let anyone get hurt out there… Violet silently prayed to the goddess.

Bracing herself emotionally against any pain that would come through that portal Violet joined Myfwany’s side and promised herself to be brave. She should be confident – they were supers, gifted, the advantage was on their side and she shouldn’t be afraid.

“Everything will be alright.”, she said half loud to herself trying to inspire confidence.

Click to reveal..
no fancy power – just charisma roll for reference if anyone heard her. Charisma + Subterfuge - first Dice is Mega (9d10.hits(7)=3) 3 Suxx

The two bullets hit James and fell to the ground. Grinning wolfishly, James charged. Gracefully swinging the bar like a bo-stick, James hit both the guards before they realized he wasn't falling over dead. Again, it was like being hit by a car.

Nothing personal guys. Not yet anyway. Think of it this way, now you'll have the chance to talk Fox out of hanging you.

Click to reveal..
Same as before. Split action attack, pull damage down to 10 auto for strength. That leaves 6d (weapon) + acc.

First To hit: 8d10.hits(7) → [8,3,10,6,8,4,8,8] = (5)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2321957/

2nd to hit 7d10.hits(7) → [9,4,5,8,3,9,5] = (3)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2321958/

First Damage: 10d10.hits(7) → [6,1,4,5,10,2,7,3,10,9] = (4)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2321972/

2nd Damage: 8d10.hits(7) → [6,6,5,1,3,8,9,1] = (2)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2321973/

Again that's enough Bashing to KO and do 4 and 2 levels of lethal respectively.

"Alaska and Antarctica have their own complications for survival," Myfwany noted with a smile. "There's reasons they're so sparsely settled. A zombie you can at least kill. An Alaskan winter is a force of nature."

Though, she realized, she herself could probably do a lot along those lines. She couldn't take winter away, but she could head off big storms...an interesting, if ultimately academic thought. She was here now, and had no plans to move just yet.

She was brought out of her internal digression by the hollow, echoing noises of distant gunfire. Her stomach knotted up at the sound, and she squinted off at the prison.

"I know we're here doing the right thing," she said quietly, "I just wish we could do this without guns..."

Dan laid into two of the uninjured guards with his bare hands, not restraining any of the force of the blows, his hands like the steel edge of a sword as he struck his foes in quick succession.

Click to reveal..
2 attacks

First attack -2

(22:51:24) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 8d10 and gets 6,7,8,9,10,5,1,2.

(22:51:31) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 3d10 and gets 10,3,8. 10 successes

2nd attack -3

(22:51:39) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 7d10 and gets 4,2,8,1,7,3,4.

(22:51:51) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 3d10 and gets 9,5,1. 4 successes

damage 1 [10] +5d10

(22:54:12) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 5d10 and gets 8,4,3,7,7.

13 damage bashing

damage 2 [10] +5d10

(22:54:21) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 5d10 and gets 8,7,9,8,7.

15 damage bashing

Archived