Aberrant: Dead Rising - Chapter 10a: Hell [Mature]

Dawn OOC

The girl looked from Dan to Myfwany and back again. They were the first real people she’d talked to since she’d started walking down the highway, twelve days ago. She’d seen others and avoided them. Wild and lawless men, savagery and bloodlust written across their faces—the evidence of their misdeeds spattered on their clothes, worn in their soulless eyes. She’d seen them and known that they were worse, more dangerous by far, than the grotesque shambling dead. As long as she kept moving, as long as she didn’t let her guard down, the zombies were only a danger in her dreams where their reaching claws always found her ankle or wrist and a moment later their jagged hungry mouths were at her flesh, and she was screaming and screaming and...

“I’m Hana,” Hana said, blinking out of her trance and back to the present. She couldn’t keep running forever, she decided. If Dan and Myfwany wanted to hurt her they would’ve tried something by now, Hana thought. He wouldn’t have just put his rifle down. She wouldn’t have offered her food. With a look of reluctance, Hana lifted her hoodie, briefly revealing a flat tanned midriff before stuffing her revolver into the waist band of her jeans and lowering the hoodie back down. She really wanted to believe they were good people. She really wanted to believe they could help her. She really, really, wanted that chocolate bar...

“Can I have the chocolate now?”

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pleading tone in Hana's voice convinced Myfwany that the danger, if there'd been any, was past. She got to her feet and went to the medkit, opening it and searching through it quickly with well-practiced fingers. A moment later she came up with the protein-enriched, carbohydrate-laden chocolate and peanut butter "power bar" that came with the kit. She unwrapped the silvery mylar wrapper, broke the very tip off the bar and popped it in her mouth...then offered the rest of it to the young girl.

"My name's Myfwany," she said encouragingly. "I'm a doctor. Over there a little ways is James and Violet."

Silently she was a little grateful those two were wrapped up in their private angst. They could be a bit...hotheaded sometimes...

This was was so messed up Dan's mind was racing to connect it all. They found a young girl just as they were preparing to take on this prison.

He looked to Myfwany, then he looked to Hana. He picked up his Rifle again and reslung it, following them back.

"It's almost time for this to get started Myfwany. Do you think we should get Morgan to send her to the Refuge? Lorraine's back there, She'd take care of her until we can all get back."

He nods to Hana. "How's a hot shower and some clean clothing sound to you?"

He shrugs. "Though if you want to wait for us to conclude our buisness here that's fine provided you sty in that Tan Humvee right there. It's the safest vehicle we have." He pointed to his own humvee and Violet standing nearby.

Hana had watched with a pained expression as Myfwany took the top from the chocolate peanut-butter bar. Was it a horrible tease? Would she eat it all right before Hana’s eyes? Hana’s shoulders had sagged in defeat, only to perk right back up a moment later as Myfwany gave her the long anticipated power bar. She had the presence of mind to murmur “thanks”, and then the chocolate was all she cared about. With the first taste her eyes lit up, the wariness and suspicion replaced with pure naked need. She took careful measured bites of the bar as Dan and Myfwany led her back towards the Humvee.

Even if her mouth hadn’t been full of thickly packed peanut-butter and chocolate, the overwhelming rush of emotion she felt when Dan offered her a shower and clean clothes would’ve made it impossible to speak. She nodded at him in mute gratitude, her eyes welling up as she fought to keep back tears. It was too good to be true. They were going to feed her and clothe her and take her someplace safe. A Refuge. Whatever that was.

And yet, as the three of them neared the Humvee where Violet stood, Hana paused. Even though the little bit of food had ignited the hunger inside her, like gasoline splashed across the dying embers of a fire, she stopped eating and carefully re-wrapped the foil around the half of the power bar that remained, then knelt down on the ground and secreted the chocolate and peanut-butter treat away in the zippered front pocket of her backpack. Rising back to her feet and shouldering her pack into place, Hana glanced guiltily and guardedly at Myfwany.

“Could I have some water?”

Myfwany nodded and offered Hana the canteen from her own belt.

"Hana...can I ask what you're doing here? You said you didn't escape, but are you looking for someone in particular? I'm asking because..."

She glances across at the distant ex-prison.

"...it's really dangerous there. If they'd found you before we did, it would have been bad."

"Very bad." Dan looks around for Fox without leaving Hana or Myfwany, then decides to go ahead and write up a note for Lorraine.

He looks to Myfwany while he writes. "You might want to check Hana for any injuries, not that I think she is, but Fox won't take her back without being sure. That would save some time."

He starts writing "Lorraine, This is Hana. We found her out by the prison, she's not an escapee, but seems to be a wandering like some of us. Let her get a shower and see if you can get her some clean clothes and hot food. Dan."

He folds the note and nods, sure that Lorraine would do as he asked. He added one last little note.

"P.S. she is armed. she's not dangerous, but I thought you should know."

Was that a young girl's voice she just heard? Violet turned around and only then notice that Myf and Dan were already engaged with a newcomer - a young girl as it seemed.

By the Goddess - the poor thing!, she thought but at the same moment hesitated to get closer. The sultry woman with the exaggerated body wasn't sure how the kid would react to her and from the latest experience she had made it seemed it was wiser to wait and get introduced when asked to instead of making the first step. Almost everything she did got interpreted in a wrong way - in the end people would be thinking that she was now out for teenagers.

Probably to cook them and make flying potion from their baby fat should they not be christened..., she rolled her eyes and discarded that silly thought. She was probably exaggerating again.

Maybe she could help - indirectly that is of course. She decided to walk over to Dan instead of joining Myfwany. Myf was already taking care of the girl so asking Dan what was up seemed the best choice for her.

She approached him with her typical sexy sway of her outrageously curved hips and put the medkit next to him and leaned closer to him as she spoke with a low voice, "So who's the girl? Did you already rescue someone from the prison - I was distracted and didn't notice you already got started.", she was giving him a good look of her cleavage and had placed one hand nonchalantly on it. If she did that on purpose or not wasn't clear but it was totally inappropriate given the serious nature of their mission. Could Violet be so oblivious of the world around her?

Dan shakes his head. "No she's been wandering alone it would seem. We've already invited her back to the refuge. I was going to get with Morgan and see if he could send her back. Once there Lorraine would be able to watch her till we're finished here."

He nods to Hana. "Hana, this is Violet, Violet, this is Hana."

Originally Posted By: Bond
"Fox, get everyone ready to step up. We've been made, but we'll have the target in hand in a second." The cat was well and truly out of the bag, but they still had the element of surprise.

Now if they could just keep it.

Kristin was afraid. She lay naked on the floor, long recovered from the last ‘fun’. Hornsbeck was sitting against the wall of his room, staring at her. He wore only jeans, and his muscled form looked like a waiting snake’s, coiled and ready to strike. She knew he was considering what to do to her next. There wasn’t much left that he hadn’t done to her already.

The shout from the hall jerked Hornsbeck out of his contemplation. “Help repel them,” he ordered her as he went for his gun and started to roll to his feet, “or Ashley will suffer.”

Taking the canteen from Myfwany, Hana eagerly tilted it to her lips and drank. Her throat worked as she gulped and gulped with breathless urgency. It hurt to drink that fast, but she couldn’t stop herself or slow down. Hana kept drinking until the canteen was sucked dry, and then wracked by a small fit coughing, she bent her slender frame over, one hand balanced on her knee, to catch her breath. Finally, she offered the canteen to Myfwany, but pulled it back to wipe the sleeve of her hoodie across the opening before handing it shyly over.

She turned to follow Myfwany’s glance towards the prison, then turning back explained, “I didn’t know what it was. While Dan wrote his note, Hana stood watching him, even lifting up on the balls of her feet and tilting her chin up to try to sneak a peek at his scribbling.

As Violet sauntered over to the group Hana's eyes widened with surprise and her gaze stayed fixed on the impossibly buxom woman, shamelessly staring while Violet spoke with Dan. The woman was beautiful, in an inhuman sort of way that Hana found totally disconcerting. Something about her made Hana feel strangely flustered.

“Hi.” She choked out, blushing adorably. There’s no way those are real. No way.

At last Hana managed to tear her eyes away from Violet. “You don’t look Indian.” She told Myfwany, apropos of nothing, as she waited to see what the adults would decide to do with her and wondered what it was about the prison that made it so dangerous. Maybe it’s full of zombies.

Myfwany chuckled, then realized Hana's comment was directed at her.

"Me?" she asked, taken aback. With her pale, lightly freckled skin and red hair, she couldn't look any less Indian if she had four arms and two heads. "I'm not Indian. Not even a little bit."

Dan actually laughed at that comment. Serious as things were, that innocent comment just got all the way through.

"Her name is a little bit different than others, but no I don't think it's Indian. i think it's Celtic." He wasn't sure at all really just guessing.

He knew it wasn't french or German. After he finished writing, he handed Hana the note. "You can read it, and I'll describe Lorraine." he quickly told her of a brunette woman his age, with shoulder length brown hair. She was fairly average looking, but a good honest woman at heart.

"Just tell her that Dan sent you, and she'll take care of you till things quiet down."

"Do you want me to go with her?", Violet asked both Myf and Dan. She wasn't sure this was the right place to be for her in the first place and Dan knew that she would've actually preferred to have stayed at the refuge. But a part of her felt responsible in a way to contribute and that meant being there where things happened and not waiting back in "safety".

Still her question bore more hope than she would've liked to admit. To be honest, she still had trouble being around James - she just couldn't find a way to distance herself enough from him. The split up was too fresh and they never really talked about it...

The ultrabuxom succubus gave Hana a warm smile and tried to be as reassuring as she could to her. Violet was easily the most beautiful woman she had ever seen - in a disturbing unreal sort of way. And even though her breasts were beyond supersized and very much inclined they were fake they didn't look fake or "behaved" fake. From what Violet was wearing it was even hard to tell if she even wore a bra under that bodice/robe kind of combination she wore. No one made bras that large anyway - did they?

ooc: Pic may be NSFW

Click to reveal..
ooc - picture from her profile. That's what she is wearing and how she looks like right now tarotn01p04.jpg

Why would she lie about not being Indian? Hana wondered, glancing sidelong at Myfwany and then turning to look up at Dan. She took the note offered her, turned it over and read it quietly to herself, then favored Dan with a timid and abashed little smile as she folded the note in two and pushed it into her front pocket. When Violet, and her heaving breasts, turned towards Hana, she took an alarmed step beck and once again blushed to her roots. There was something so unreal about Violet’s beauty, it was troubling to even look on her. Just seeing her made nervous butterflies in Hana’s stomach, lifted a lump in her throat and set her ears to burning. It was all she could do to wrest her eyes away from the woman and her unusual dress, jam her hands into her pockets and look straight down. Then, at least, she could breathe.

“It’s the name of a soup.” Hana explained to them, in case they didn’t know it. “An Indian soup.” She chanced a glance at Myfwany again, but her eyes fell on Violet and got caught there like a fly in a spider’s web. She felt transfixed.

"I think she's not going anywhere until we talk to Fox, and he's a bit busy at the moment," Myfwany replied apologetically. "We should also ask Hana what she's comfortable with," she added, remembering the effect Violet had on people.

Hana's comment got her attention and she turned to look at the teen.

"There's an Indian soup called Myfwany?" She couldn't help but laugh and rub the bridge of her nose, where her glasses had lurked once upon a time. "That's a new one. I didn't know that. Anyway, no, I'm welsh irish. The name is a dialect of Gaelic."

Quote:
The shout from the hall jerked Hornsbeck out of his contemplation. “Help repel them,” he ordered her as he went for his gun and started to roll to his feet, “or Ashley will suffer.”

Before Kristin could start to rise and before Hornsbeck could finish getting to his feet, the lock splintered as it was struck from the other side. The doors swung inwards with a crash and a tall blond man in dark-camo painted armor stood there, a large silenced handgun in one hand and a bulky-looking assault shotgun tucked under the other arm.

"Don't go to any extra trouble on my account." His voice was coolly disdainful, and his eyes were glacially pale as he angled the large bore of the shotgun towards the half-naked man. "I'm quite repelled as things stand."

Click to reveal..

Strength 4 (powerful) + Might 1 +2 Dice charging = 7 dice to force the door.

1d10=8, 1d10=5, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=10, 1d10=3, 1d10=8

Popping 10's

1d10=7, 1d10=10

...and again

1d10=5

6 succs laugh

From the opposite side of the camp James noticed that the others had apparently rescued an inmate... no, not an inmate. Sole survivor from some group raided by the prison? Maybe.

James told himself he wasn't walking over to see what Violet was up to and walked over, his weight bar 'staff' in hand.

James asked in a friendly tone of voice, "Now who do we have here? Hello there, I'm James."

James’s arrival served to sever the link between Hana and Violet. Freed from Violet’s gaze and overflowing bodice, Hana was able to look from her to James and dimly register his words through her blushing confusion. She took stock of herself, encircled by the group of adults, one them a towering ogre of a man, one of unearthly and disquieting beauty, and Dan with his dog-tags and guns. Of them only Myfwany felt the least bit safe and Hana had to still a sudden urge to bolt and run. If they wanted to hurt me they already would have. she told herself, almost like a prayer. She was surrounded now...and she’d seen how fast Dan was. She couldn’t get to her gun before he could get to her. She knew that, and he probably knew that. So why would they bother pretending? Which meant they weren’t pretending, which meant she could still believe in the hot shower and warm food...and this place called Refuge.

“Hi.” She said to James, her brow knitting into a troubled frown as she noted the long bar of iron he was carrying. What’s that for? It couldn’t be for anything good. “I’m Hana.” She introduced herself, then twisted back towards Myfwany. “Is Fox your boss?”

And then, as Dan spoke, Hana’s attention shifted to him. “I’ll go with her.” She agreed shyly, studiously avoiding Violet’s eyes. Even just referring to her obliquely brought the blush rushing back. “You don’t have to examine me or anything...” she told Myfwany, then turned back to assure Dan, “They never bit me,” and then her voice trembled and dropped to a whisper, “So, I’m okay.”

Jasmine's attention jerked only briefly down to the end of the hall as she heard Bond make impact with the door. Her eyes locked onto his battle-ready figure and took in the situation as her acute hearing - not that she would have probably needed it - began to pick up the sounds of alarm coming from the level they were occupying. She kept an eye on the stairs, but her focus shifted mostly to the doors lining the hall they were occupying. She pressed the button on her headset and murmured quietly on the infiltration channel the trio were utilizing.

"Sounds like trouble coming, we've got it covered but yell if you need us."

Click to reveal..
Holding turn for now, will activate Enhanced Initiative and all that fast-moving jazz to get the jump on any bad guys.

She swallowed hard, her jade-green eyes wide with terror as Master made his demand. There was trouble in Paradise and maybe, just maybe, there were here to resc - But no, there were no good men left in this world, she knew. The attackers were probably just more raiders, no different than Master and his men, save for being strangers. At least for now, she could lash out without risking Master's wrath falling on Ashley.

She had failed her mother and her brother Joshua. She had failed her father and aunt Abigail, couldn't find them. And most of all, she had failed her brother Jacob. Why did he do it? Why did they leave it to me? Every ounce of pain she suffered, she deserved, but she was so tired now, she wanted it to end.

But she couldn't leave Ashley alone. She wouldn't fail the only friend she had left.

She tensed, sleek, powerful muscles rippling beneath flawless, bronzed skin. The length of chain attached to the collar around her neck rattled as she shifted, prepared to spring at the first man to come through the door with a rising fury she had thought had been beaten out of her.

The doors opened with a thunderous crash and Kristin froze instantly at the sight of the armed intruder, pounding heart skipping a beat. Beyond all reason, she recognized this blond man.

Though his icy gaze never wavered from the half-naked monster wearing a man's flesh, Bond couldn't help but notice the naked woman on the floor. Just over five feet tall, she possessed a figure that was both muscular and curvaceous, combined to astonishing perfection in a way he wouldn't have believed possible before Z-day. A steel collar was welded shut around her neck, her face concealed by a perfect swath of hair down to her chin, gleaming like white-hot gold.

Then she looked up, and Bond's eyes hardened to stygian ice. Despite large, green eyes dull with bone-deep resignation, her heart-shaped face was absolutely stunning.

And it couldn't have belonged to a girl any older than fourteen or fifteen.

"James Bond?" Kristin whispered in a voice so used to despair, she didn't recognize the faint note it held.

A note of hope.

Hornsbeck shouted, "Kristin, go!" as he brought the rifle up. He saw a form coming at him, and he fired, not even really seeing who it was.

Click to reveal..
Hornsbeck's attack: 3 sux, Jules isn't dodging, 2 overage

1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=10, 1d10=5, 1d10=6, 1d10=4, 1d10=8

Damage roll: 3 sux, 3 lethal

1d10=6, 1d10=1, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=8, 1d10=10

Jules stumbled and went to one knee as a hole was opened in her gut. Bond could see the exit wound; it was a hole as big as a child's fist, but he knew that Jules was in no lasting danger.

While the stranger was being introduced around at the humvee's and the strike team was heading into the building to find Horndick, Fox was making his way around the rest of the prison in the air looking for the best places to open his gateways. He felt that time was of the essence so he was a bit rushed in his search, but if he could find where the prisoners were he could open a portal and let one squad in to help break them out and protect them and another nearby to hit the guards and other inhabitants of the prison.

Not finding a decent place from that vantage point he swooped in closer night vision goggles still on and flying silent like a shadow in the night.

Spotting a good places for the two warps he concentrated on the first one and seeing James standing close by motions for him to send the troops through.

Click to reveal..

(17:56:29) ChatBot: (Cam) logs into the Chat.

(17:56:37) ChatBot: (Cam) rolls 7d10 and gets 7,4,1,1,4,4,5.

1 success

Fox moves closer to the main building and looks for a better place

(21:00:25) ChatBot: (Fox) logs into the Chat.

(21:00:40) ChatBot: (Fox) rolls 7d10 and gets 7,9,1,6,10,10,2.

4 successes. Yay!!!

James spotted the Warp and yelled, "We're moving!!! First Squad Go!" and then causally walked over. He was 2nd squad. First crew was to take the prisoners, 2nd would be more... interesting. Looks like plan 'A' failed and the stealthy team wasn't so stealthy.

Dan nods. "Time to go." He looks to Hana. "For Now, stay with Violet. Myf, if you aren't going with First team, keep an eye on her too."

He smiles. "I'll make sure you get that shower and all when I get back."

With that the Marine turned and met the rest of the squad and lead them through the portal. "Lock and load, secure the Prisoners, everyone pair up." He was the odd man out, but his defenses would allow him that conceit. Around him a thin field of static seemed to wink into being.

Click to reveal..
activating Forcefield 6d10+1d10 mega spending 1 wp

(21:43:28) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 6d10 and gets 4,6,3,2,7,10.

(21:43:32) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 1d10 and gets 6.

(21:43:48) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 1d10 and gets 4. 2+1 success= 3 successes +9 L/B soak +3 for quantum = +12/12 (total 18/15 BL soak)

Violet nodded at Dan and Myf and sighed knowing that things had to wait for the moment. From Hana she picked up a flurry of emotions - the kid was scared and confused but also relieved to have found some people who weren't out to kill her. Still she had trust issues which was absolutely ok giving the situation and the odd mix of people she just bumped into.

The auburn haired succubus was about to talk to Hana and try to sooth her when James suddenly yelled. Surprised by the sudden change of pace Violet flinched but also reached out with one hand to Hana hoping the kid would stay close to her until they were done with the mission or Fox would open a Warp back home for them.

"Everything is going to be ok, Hana. Trust me.", Violet spoke lending her voice a magical touch that left almost no doubt that she was right about everything she said.

Click to reveal..
Persuader activated Manipulation+Subterfuge with Persuader a...9d10.hits(7)=2)

That makes a total of 6 Suxx (3+1+2)

1 QP spent 25/26 Pool

As if she were watching someone else doing it, Hana saw herself slipping her hand into Violet’s. She gazed up and nodded numbly as she shifted to stand beside Violet. And there Hana stayed, docile as a lamb. Where fear and uncertainty had been, she now felt comfortable and relaxed. I can trust her, Hana thought, feeling the warmth of Violet’s smooth palm against her own. Standing there at Violet’s side like a little kid with her mother, Hana watched James walking off and glanced sidelong at Dan.

She was going to get a hot shower and new clothes and she was going to be fed and everything was going to be okay. Violet had told her so.

With an annoyed look at the closing portal...did she really need Dan to -tell- her to keep an eye on the kid?... Myfwany turned to head over to where Violet and Hana were talking to each other, it looked like.

As she watched, the young girl, who's first act had been to threaten to shoot her and who had been so careful about approaching anyone, put her hand in Violet's like a lost child might on finding her mother.

It could just be that Violet had successfully reassured her. But Myf knew something of Vi's abilities, and wasn't reassured.

She quickly intervened between the two and said, "Violet, can I have a word in private with you for a second? Hana, will you excuse us?"

Violet was about to guide Hana to the Tan Humvee when Myfwany surprised her with her intervention. She blinked at Myf and nodded at her, "Sure, Myf... what's going on?", she asked keeping an eye on Hana making sure she would be within sight.

Myf could tell that Violet was obviously oblivious to what she was suspecting of her.

“Um, okay.” Hana answered. She let go of Violet’s hand, reluctantly, then blushed with embarrassment as she caught herself taking a few steps after the buxom woman. She stopped, pushed her hands back into her pockets and aimed a kick at a little rock within reach of her sneaker. She watched Myfwany and Violet distance themselves from her with a growing sense of anxiety. They must be talking about me, Hana thought. "I'll just wait here." She called after them, lamely.

A moment ago she had felt safe and secure with Violet at her side, but now she felt a growing unease. Myfwany and Dan had mentioned the dangers of the prison. Hana turned in a small half-circle, looking for Dan and trying to make sense of it all. What are they doing here? They were marines, or at least Dan was. And marines fought wars. Had she stumbled into a war? Hana drifted a few feet towards where Myfwany and Violet stood speaking. She kept her eyes down, looking away and fiddling with a dirty purple and white and blue friendship bracelet around her left wrist as she tried to eavesdrop on the two women.

Click to reveal..
2 suxx on eavesdrop, 3 on stealthiness http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2304319/

Myf didn't take Violet far, and she wasn't completely sure how to broach the subject without just asking straight out.

"I just wanted to urge you to be careful with Hana," she said uncomfortably. "She's been through a lot it looks like, and we're going to have to earn her trust. That means we're going to have to prove ourselves to be trustworthy. I just...think you should be extra careful not to, even by accident, use any of your abilities on her," she finally gets out.

"That's all."

"But...", Violet first objected but let Myf finish. She slowly nodded, "I... understand, Myf. But... what would you do if you saw someone who is injured? Wouldn't you try to help him? What I'm trying to say is, what you can do physically I can do emotionally and Hana... She is hurt emotionally. I only tried to gain her trust because she was already so confused and she almost ran into that prison if it wasn't for us. Imagine what they would've done to her...", there was sincere concern in Violet's eyes. "I'm only trying to help, Myf...", there was almost a girlish pout in the unearthly beauty's face. It was hard to tell her off if she really pushed it.

"I know, Violet," Myfwany replied, "But you have to understand that messing with people's emotions won't build trust in the long term. Once the power wears off, and they realize what happened, it only makes trust harder to establish. Even a doctor has to know when it's best to just let the body heal itself and not interfere. I know you mean well, but that's because I've gotten to know you. Hana hasn't had the chance to yet, and taking shortcuts could do more damage, rather than helping her. That's all I'm worried about. Just be careful with her."

"I am careful, Myf.", Violet answered somewhat annoyed. Why was everyone going nuts because of her? She never heard anyone being critized for using their abilities except for her...

"Why does everyone complain about me? No one cares when James jumps around or you when you heal someone ... or when Dan flies. But as soon as it involves me and my powers everyone goes crazy...", she hadn't meant to burst out with frustration but now it was too late.

Violet sighed and tried to calm down again... "Forget about it, Myf. I guess that's just the way things are. You're all afraid of me, aren't you?"

"There's a big difference between what you can do, and flying or healing," Myfwany reminds Violet...but quickly shakes her head. "Look, this isn't the time or place to get into a discussion, but I'd be happy to talk to you about it later. For now, lets get back to Hana, all right?"

Violet wanted to protest but relented and rolled her eyes. "Sure...", why did she bother in the first place?

And where was the difference? She really couldn't see much difference and was slowly getting pissed off about the whole issue. Now is not the time for this, she agreed with Myf and smiled at Hana hoping the kid didn't pick up too much about their little chat. It would ruin her attempt to establish a base of trust with the young girl.

Violet's intense purple eyes briefly flared as if they were powered by an inner fire while her smile flashed her the most perfectly curved lips Hana has ever seen.

Click to reveal..
Scanning for Hana's emotions trying to f...4d10.hits(7)=2) 2 Suxx - one is sufficient. No QP cost because of RQC Extra

Hana squatted down on her heels just as Violet turned towards her and pretended to busy herself with looking through her backpack. She fiddled with a blanket, pulling it out and refolding it and putting it back, then stood and met Violet’s smile with a timid grin.

But Violet could see the grin didn’t reach Hana’s eyes. What she saw in that deep blue was apprehension and mistrust. Hana shrugged her pack up onto her shoulders and tried to look relaxed, but to someone as finely tuned to the emotions of others as Violet, the tension inside her was nearly palpable.

Archived