Aberrant: Dead Rising - Chapter 10a: Hell [Mature]

Dawn OOC

Kristin gave Hana an absent nod, barely acknowledging her presence, unable to pull her eyes off the fantastically figured Violet, her mouth dropping open when she began to glow. The way Violet smiled at her, her eyes roving her body - I have never seen eyes so purple! - reminded Kristin of the way Master that Motherfucker and some of his boys would look at her, just before... Though Violet's regard made her feel uncomfortable and uncomfortably warm, it didn't fill her with the disgust and self-loathing the men's did.

"Violet..." Kristin whispered, finally glancing away from the impossibly buxom woman, scrubbing at her large eyes with a fist. Violet could feel the seething rage and shame and fear eating the matured-bodied teenager inside wash over her, though at the sound of her seductively soothing voice, she could also sense a budding glimmer of hope and wonder, tinged with a wary suspicion.

"... I'm... not hurt, not anymore. I'm fine, really, just... relieve... to be... gone from... there," She assured Violet, her actions giving away the lie as one hand reached for her throat and the other twitching for somewhere lower before being balled into a white-knuckled fist. The rugged plastic container of seeds she had been carrying feel to the ground with a heavy thump.

Kristin looked up a Violet, standing nearly a foot taller, her green eyes wide and embarrassed at showing her fear. She bent over and picked up her container of seeds, breathing a sigh of relief as she managed to break contact with those amethyst eyes, hastily tying it to the top of the humvee with the rest of the others.

"This refuge, what is it like?" Kristin stammered with self-conscious tension. "Is everyone there like... you and that Marine guy and the flying guy?" After a long pause, her voice barely audible, "like me?"

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Fox looked questioningly at the men. Mwf had beaten him to the question, but he added, "What would make you think we were on a mountain?"
James chuckled with amusement. He already got the joke He meant Mount Olympus. but he waited for the man to say it himself... as he couldn't help but watch other things.

And I see Violet is already zooming in on Kristin. What a shock, Kristin is soured on men and is also super-beautiful... and somehow V is right there.

...you don't care James.
...really, you don't. Look away, it's none of your business.
...Neither one is yours and you don't want another round with a half insane female super.
...I like slamming my head into a wall, it feels so good when I stop.

"So you're... fine?", Violet's question implied that she wasn't buying Kristin's words but wasn't inclined to raise the issue. The young woman had gone through hell and now wasn't the time to ask uncomfortable questions.

Keeping her smile up and trying to ascertain that things would be alright from now on Violet picked up the "small talk" Kristin was issuing.

"It's a place of hope - but not everyone is like us. We brought most of the supers to this mission to ensure its success. Looks like it was a good plan. You're welcomed to stay I presume - that means if you like the place.", Violet winked at her.

"It's hard to describe - you'd have to make your own picture. I hope you like it... really.", her words were comforting and full of kindness.

Only then she noticed Hana's question and looked down to the young teenager nodding at her. "Sure... this shouldn't take too long now"

"That's the stories that we've heard," the man said, shrugging. "They're just stories, rumors. But when we saw you had supers, we thought that the stories were true. Guess someone did some exaggerating."

"What we've heard is that a group of supers live on top of a mountain, and that they'll take in anyone who agrees to their rules," another man said. "That it's not always fair, but they'll protect you from the dead."

Originally Posted By: Violet
"So you're... fine?

"I - I..." Not trusting herself to speak, Kristin just gave Violet a jerky nod, the sound of rattling chains and screams - her screams - flashing through her mind. Kristin fled back to the sled to get the rest of her and Ashley's supplies.

"Hope..." Kristin sighed when she came back, a backpack slung over a shoulder, her axe in hand, and Violet could hear all the inexpressible yearning in that one simple word. Then her cheeks glowed pink once again as Violet winked at her.

"I would like that, to find a place that's safe, that's not... like here..." Violet's voice was so kind and honest that Kristin felt her misgivings and worries melting away under a real desire to see the Refuge.

From her time in Paradise, Kristin would always carry a piece of Hell within her, but maybe she could bury it deep under something new, something better.

Violet couldn't stop looking at Kristin. Her body was perfect - immaculate and simply breathtaking. Violet felt the familiar rush of adrenaline igniting her veins and she had to force herself calm and suppress the urge to do more than just... stare.

Almost breathlessly she continued to maintain the conversation, "I live with Dan - one of the supers, but you've already met him... I offered Hana a warm shower and some pancakes and I think I we have enough room for one more guest until you've made up your mind. I think a nice warm shower helps alot to feel human again... and I've got some clothes to share. Although they may need some 'adjusting'. We're not the same... size I think.", Violet had to stop herself from offering too much and the fantasies of sharing that shower with Kristin had to wait for later.

Don't think about it... don't think about it... don't... I wan't to touch her...

"A shower?!" Kristin almost squealed, shuddering in awe at the thought of getting clean, though under her intense regard, Violet could see the the beautiful, buff teen was absolutely spotless, hair gleaming like pale gold. Her trembles shifted into stifled snorts as she heard Violet offering to share some clothing. She's, like, a foot taller then me, and has boobs the size of volleyballs and I don't even need a bra most of the time. No, no we're not the same size. <Snort!>

"I'd - I'd like that a lot - and something other than dogfood? I can hardly remember what real food tastes like! But..." Kristin's voice was full of gratitude, but then she started chewing on her lip nervously, not wanting to ask for too much. Kristin pointed to another teenaged girl, taller than Kristin, very pretty with long chestnut hair. "Can - Do you have room for Ashley too? She's my cousin, we don't need a lot of space, we can share!" A scowl crossed her face. "I don't care about Simon, so you don't need to worry about him!"

Suddenly Kristin's face brightened and she jumped into the back of the humvee, pulling out one of the bags she had just packed. Sitting on the edge of the large vehicle, legs swingin, she dug around inside, then pulled out a four-pack of Del Monte Fruit Cups. She held out it, offering a cup to Violet and Hana.

"We... don't have a lot anymore - except for our seeds - our dads were looking for... more..." A shadow crossed Kristin's face, but then it passed, replaced with an earnest grin. "But we still have some things, to... to trade. And share. We're not beggars!"

"Sure.", Violet answered taking the offered cup and brushing slightly with her fingers over Kristin's. I touched her.... The brief skin contact sent shivers down her spine and made her smile even more.

"And you don't have to trade anything for it. Consider it a welcoming gift. There should be enough room for both you and your cousin - and little Hana of course.", the ultra sexy bombshell gave the young teenager a little wink and drove with her free hand through Hana's hair.

"This is a rescue mission and the refuge is just as real as me or the other supers. Things will get better from now on as long as we can do something about it. I don't know if it is the safest place on earth but I guess it's the best next thing to it."

Hana hastily took the offered fruit cup from Kristin without so much as a hint of hesitation. She whispered a hurried "thanks" and turned to smile shyly up at Violet as the gorgeous woman smoothed a hand through the mess of her long dark hair.

Hana did not want to share a room with Kristin or her cousin. She wanted to eat every last pancake Violet had to offer for herself. She didn't even want to share Violet...and she could already see something in the way Violet looked at Kristin that she did not see in the way Violet looked at her.

None of that was evident in the timid little smile that Hana fixed in place while she protectively cradled her fruit cup to her chest.

Myfwany managed a little quirk of a smile at the well-used quip, but her eyes remained serious.

"We've got a huge logistics problem, and it starts the second all these people set foot in the Refuge. I'm not saying we shouldn't have done this, but most of the situations that were only worrisome before are now officially states of emergency."

She started counting off fingers.

"Living space. Our population just tripled overnight. Forget housing, just finding tent space is going to be a problem. I can hold bad weather off for the most part, but sooner or later we're going to NEED rain and seasons, and those people will be right out in the middle of it all."

"Then we have food and water. We've been getting by all right with the Refuge as is, but that increase in size is going to come at a steep cost. Water quality's going to drop like a rock, and the food I just spent weeks getting to grow won't be nearly enough to feed us next season. Bad water, bad housing and overcrowding...all that leads to disease. Epidemic spread of disease."

"I can't stress this enough, Fox...even with the clinic, even with my powers, I do not have what I'd need to stop epidemic spreading. It was just a concern before...right now, unless we get our thumbs out of our asses, it is a virtual certainty."

She took a deep breath.

"You need to open up Violet's and convert it to emergency living space. All of it. Then you need to do the same with the missile base. We need to get as many people as we can out of the elements, and not using the same water sources. We need to dig wells. We need to build shelters. We need to do these things last week, so if you're hiding time travel somewhere, now's the time to let us know."

Jules waited until the wrap was open, silent and clearly distracted. She answered questions put to her, but with a distant expression. When she could, she walked through and headed for the gate of the Refuge. She had someone to talk to. In the bustle, it was easy to lose sight of her in the mass of people milling around.

James walked around, surveying what they'd done, eventually going back to Helen and Jan. 500 more people added to our 250. Maybe 490 of them women. Most of them will join. So... the imbalance used to be 80 men too many, and now it's... 300 too many women? Instead of 2:1 we're now 1:3?

Something like that. On paper.

James remembered how most of the women reacted like he was a dog among ducks and repeated to himself, On paper.

"You." Fox glanced over as a woman stalked up to him. She was still bandaged and walked with a limp, but she didn't let that slow her down. "I hear you're the leader of this group." When Fox nodded, she said, "You can put back the supplies you took from the stores. Not all of us are going to leave the prison; some of us will make a home here." She seemed ready to lash out at Fox, but given what she'd been through, that wasn't unusual.

Dan looks to Fox and nods. "Some's already gone through, I'll head through and send it back." He waited a moment to see what Fox would say, and afterwards left for the others.

With that he makes his way back to the Humvee and the women waiting there. "Time to go home." He waits for them to get in and then drives the Humvee through, seeing the shere number of people he quickly realizes quarantine won't be in effect.

He takes hi Humvee to Violets and looks at Violet, Hana, Kristin, and Ashley. "Ok, you all go on inside. "I'm going to go park this in the motor pool, then go send the Prison's supplies back through."

he looks to Violet. "I'll send Lorraine over with some things and to give you a hand, I'll stop back by when I'm finished tonight."

Once they all got out of his Humvee he parked it and moved two of the remaining vehicles close to it to block the locked doors, protecting Kristin's supplies. He'd move it all back later. He jogged to his place in the barracks and let lorraine know the situation, and asked her to head over and help with the others and give some of the clothes they didn't need to the girls from the last Dalton run.

Fox looked at the woman, "We'll see how many are staying. If only a handful of you are staying then we'll be taking some of the supplies for those who are going with us, but if a significant number stay then we'll leave everything. That's as fair as I can be. If you and those staying with you need anything from us the Refuge will be happy to help if we can. We will check back in on you every week or so."

Fox looked around but was unable to spot Jules in the confusion. He sighed and turned back to Mwfwany, "I hate to ask it of you, but would you see to a fair distribution of the supplies for those staying behind? I'd rather not ask one of the men." He was about to turn away to see to the people moving through the warp when he turned back, "Oh, Mwf, I hear what you are saying about supplies, but with the ability to create warps, I think we will be ok, we'll just need to send out more parties to get what we need, but you are right, things just got a lot more complicated."

Myfwany blinked at Fox. Inwardly she crushed her sudden desire to scream at him and said, "Fox, if you think what I'm talking about is just supplies, then you haven't heard a word I said. Supplies are the easiest part of the problems we've got. Did you hear the part about water and shelter and disease? That's really the thing I wanted to drive home right now."

Fox looked squarely at the doctor, "I heard you. Water isn't a problem, we live on a river, we just need to purify it. Shelter is the biggest issue, and we're already working as hard as we can on that. Worse comes to worse we'll raid Holiday World in Dallas and empty their lot of RVs and Campers, I think I might be able to make a gateway big enough to just push them through, that will solve the short term problem. Disease is up to you, but we can't just turn people away when we can help. The only other suggestion I have is to move the refuge to a better location, I'm open to that but we'll have to discuss it when we get back and settle these people as best we can."

"Water IS a problem," Myfwany insisted. "Rivers are not immune to sanitation problems. We're going to have close to eight hundred people trying to use the same area of river that just two-hundred fifty were using until now. Getting wells would mean people can get drinking water from a source they're not also using for washing and sewer."

"That and turning Violet's place and the base into living space would buy us time to get those RV's and campers up here...which is a very good idea and we should definitely do that as soon as possible."

Fox shook his head, "Can't use the base itself, it's underground and there is no air flow without using generators and power. Right now I'm only using one small section of the base for living quarters for myself and Jules and that only uses a tiny amount of power, but open it up for others to live and those generators would have to run 24/7 and we'd burn through our fuel reserves in days instead of months. That's not to mention that I don't like the idea of hundreds of people having access to nuclear missiles." He shook his head a again ruefully, "No, a far more efficient use of resources is to get housing from outside. It's going to be tight and uncomfortable for a bit but we can do it. The other option would be to find a better location than the refuge and move. That's something I'd consider by the way, we'd just have to find a good place."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived