Jackpoint: Shadow Chatroom [OOC Chat]

Krul

I was having a friend visit me from abroad over the entire week. We just took him to the airport. I'll be posting something asap, probably tonight - sorry for this delay, it was unintentional but I couldn't post during my friends visit.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are still live on this, correct? I gather Joani and Krul have RL business intruding on their gaming time. frown

But we are going to pickup speed soon?

I suppose the characters present in the warehouse could have been talking together all this time, but we appear to be a little anti-social or mistrustful. Well at least my character is and he is new to the group sort of waiting to see what's going on, but Dale and Chunin aren't talking to each other either.

Are we really waiting on Osirus to enter the warehouse before calling time in?

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
Hey, Dale'll talk to anyone who says 'hi.' You could always be the first if you want, you know. smile

Yeah I considered that, but my character is little secretive and quiet. Not really an ice breaker kinda guy. Just figured everyone else was waiting on Osiris, and I was little busy too.

Anyway Osiris entered the warehouse so we are moving again.

Go ahead and push the button Krul. smile We are ready for Mr. Johnson to speak.

Just a question, am I one of the 2 out of 7, or was that a way of nudging two of our characters that haven't posted for week?

I thought there was a face character in our group. Darkling has the highest Negotiation and a Charisma of 7 to boot. Where you at?

Nightlock has the same Cha and Neg skill as Dead-eye, but Dead-eye is really not a face (Quick, Silent, and Gunslinger).

In RL, I have been a little busy picking up the leadership role in two other PBP groups and I had no intention of doing that here as well, particularly with the character I designed. I was perfectly content to let one of you more experienced Shadowrunners do it, while I am knocking off my rust on Shadowrun.

However if it means that someone needs to kick-start things here I can shift my character's personality a little. I was actually wondering about how I was going to get the Karma points being a strong silent type, making an effort to be very concise in my character's words. That wasn't laziness on my part, I drafted and edited that post a few times to be as concise as possible while trying to leave a certain impression.

Honestly I was expecting more chatter and interaction from the three runners that knew each other and then find a way for my character to join in the conversations, feeling out the others to see if he can trust them.

I don't think anyone's trying to suggest you -should be- or are in any way expected to be a face or leader character. Your post made it pretty clear that you don't see this guy as being that sort of person, and I haven't seen anyone suggesting that's unacceptable.

As for chatter, I expect I'll have Dale be more social when we're not in front of our employer. He's learned SOME about etiquette since his last outing. smile

Hey PM-Volleyball (why don’t you change your Displayname to Reflect your PC’s Handle?), I wouldn’t take Cain’s IC-Comment too seriously (aside from it being an inner monologue). It’s just him wink

Anyway – there wasn’t much PC-Interaction prior to the reboot (one of the reasons the first attempt kinda failed) so we’re all more or less on the same spot. Cain has done me a favour by not freaking completely out because of Osiris’ odd communication issue’s (you’ll get to know her better I hope). I’m trying to keep posting as things go without delaying stuff but just adding flavour and fluff is fun once or twice but gets old pretty soon. We all have to get our thumbs out of our asses and keep the story going. I’ll be posting something new soon, after I’ve made some research wink. Posting with Osiris is kinda complicated sometimes… whistle

Oh I realize that the IC was just that, but thought I would help nudge, as it were. wink

But if our two other players are going to be MIA, then Dead-eye has the best Negotiating skill at 2 with Cha of 4.

Joani, I can imagine that stuff Osiris says is challenging to come up with, cudos. Thanks for answering my unspoken question on what happened before.

I will try to help keep things moving, somehow. There is no real reason Dead-eye has to be so silent. The Ghost though is not so flexible, then again I not sure he will ever make an appearance either.

Marko's inner dialogue was just that, inner dialogue. No one heard it but him.

As a ninja he's been trained to work with a 'clan' mentality, the dark, brooding, 'only speak in broken sentences' loner types don't last very long in his opinion.

Don't change the way you RP a character based solely off other's IC posts. If you do that then I'm just going to find ways to comment on the changes and see how many times I can get you to change the PC's personality. Soon, he'll seem like a nut job with multiple personalities. smile

Actually it isn't because of what you said specifically, it just opened the door to the OOC discussion about our MIA players.

As for Randy, AKA Wyatt "Dead-eye" Earp and The Ghost, he already has three different personalities. grin

And his first impression that he is making is only that. He is actually not an introvert, he is just playing a role at the moment. But nice to know you are going to keep us honest. wink

Even if we aren't posting IC right now, the game is still alive if we are discussing things OOC.

Got a rules question. I tried to find the answer, but I may have been looking for something that is just not there.

Is there such a thing as an Aid Another action? Or do you just roll your own chance at the test?

And secondly, who's rolling the dice? Are we using Invisible Castle or does Krul do it all?

I'm not entirely sure about the Aid Another action, but I think you make your own roll.

@secondly, Normally we do our dice rolling and post the Invicible Castle link with the result. Usually the dicerolling is put into a spoilerbox.

Correct me if I'm wrong wink

Just so folks know, I'm having some computer issues, presently posting from a different computer, that's the reason I havn't posted over the last few days.. and my internet access is going to be a bit uncertain over the next couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived