Yup, I still got it

Apep

So lately I've been in this horrible artistic funk. I haven't been able to draw ANYTHING. So I just stopped doing it all together. Nothing really inspired me or if it did, I just couldn't get the image on paper.

I guess it took a little Marvel Superheroes to inspire me.

So I introduce to you Mouse. It's not finished but I'm so exstatic that I have to share my little X girl with you.

xmouse.JPG

Yeah, I know, you're probably thinking I watch too much anime. Feel free to critique, but be nice!

VERY cool picture.

I'll be the first to say it, I don't care what anyone says, your style is GREAT.

The eye you mention (The right one) is correctable.

The hand is FAR better than anything I could try to draw at the moment. My skills have atrophied.

I LOVE the character.

If you want a little room of your own to post your work, feel free to post that image or any others you got to:

Neo Otaku Nation - Anime Social Group

You have mad skills. You could teach ME alot.

BTW: I like the character idea. Let me guess, a hyper-intelligent mutant with a mouse like tail, and the ability to control technology? Did I get it right? What do I win?!?! ^.^ ^.^ ^.^

Well, I may have posted this one here before, I don't remember.

Anyhow, this is Tourmaline. My T2Mer

Tourmaline01.JPG

Less anime influenced, but I was always kind of liked her.

Just realized also that the image is flipped so her T2M insignia is backwards too. oops. shocked

Tourmaline's pretty sweet. I see you were inspired somewhat by the suit designs for Blue Submarine #6. But a very sweet design none the less. But why does the superhero wannabes always pick yellow and blue... it's so... primary.

As for X-Mouse, Heheh. Damn I'm good. I don't know why I like that character so much. Probably because I am sorta getting back into American Comics a bit. The X-Men have always been my favorites, and I almost started following them again when Kia Asamiya started doing artwork for that series. Too bad it was only a few books. I was really thinking of jumping back in then.

I'm going to have to get some TPBs first to catch up plot-wise with the series.

Oh, Apep, Whatever happened to that Endeavor pic? ~.^

Yeah, Blue Sub6 is one of my favorites. I loved the art on that one. The CG was kind of weird, like it didn't quite fit, but still it's good.

I don't know, Yellow and Blue seemed more uniform to me for Team Tomorrow, so that's what she got stuck with.

You never know about that Endeavor pick now, hopefully my burst of creativity won't dry up. Mouse is the first thing in a loooooonnnnggggg time that's reached near completion.

There's so much that I would like to do, but it just never happens. For example, Ashnod has had some awesome ideas for tarot decks and i would really like to do them, but every time I sit down to work on them, nothing but crap comes out of the pencil.

What helps me, is whenever I want to draw something, I do it when I feel like it. In other words, I get an idea in my head of what I want to draw. Then, when I tell myself I'm good and ready, I do it.

As for those tarot cards, Did you try just starting with one? Perhaps a favorite one or one you feel a connection to?

I'll...think about it. I have no place to host any of my art, and that's a definite issue.

Maybe I could borrow some of my pal Owen's... We'll see. I'll also have to borrow Owen's scanner...

And of course I knew, Saku-chan. I've known from the start. ^_~

.ronin

^.^ Cool.

Oh, I try to seperate Saku-chan and DigiGeist. One way is the use of smileys. Sakurako does hers "kirby" style (ep: ^.^, ~.^, -.-) while DigiGeist, if he does, uses ones recognized by the system. smilefrown:P

And... I'm still cementing his personality and what not. You'll see him alot more if I get tired being Sakurako for a bit. I just thought it'd be intresting to be a different character.

As for artwork, you shouldn't be too concerned about the opinions of the crew here. We like pretty pictures.

Let me say once again great picture Apep.

The only times I did character drawings I had to cheat, trace something and then modify it, shhh don't tell anyone wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Sakurako 'Endeavor' Hino:

Especially with trees. >.< My landscaping is coming along, but Trees are my arch-nemesis.

Do the branches first and then put the greenry over the top. Don't draw real trees at first just practice by doing a Y shape and then keep splitting the branches of the Y at different lengths, you'll soon have something that looks like a tree in winter. From there you can add the leaves unless you're going for a winterscape type of thing. I think that is about the limit of my drawing painting tecnique.

That, is the MK-II. The MK-1b you guys are using on the moon. Endeavor was using the MK-1a on Europa. But that is what her Vacc suit looks like. I was just toying around with the idea of sketching her in her suit. I plan on actually doing something technically intensive soon. I plan on using 3DStudio Max to render the Hikari Maru-A. I'm good at technical sketches, but I'm feeling frisky. That'll be a project for me for a couple of months. Perhaps even a year just designing and rendering the thing.

I am planning on more sketches of Endeavor, and a couple of DigiGeist. I'm also writing a fiction to get everyone up to speed on just who the heck he is and where he's coming from.

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin:
I noticed you didn't do much in the way of correcting the precedent previously established for Saku's female endowments...

ronin is pleased. ^_^
LMAO So that's what he see's in her.

Err, weren't we talking about art?

^.^ Thanks.

I'll be dishing out more as time allows. Let's just say the next month proves to be a creativity lock. Job Search heating up, CONvergence, Other side things I like doing, you know. Stuff.

But, you still be getting some time. It doesn't take much for me to post at the very least.

Archived