Aberrant: Dead Rising - Forced Impulses [Complete]

Jasmine Gentian

"Jasmine!!"

The little girl launched herself at Jasmine, completely abandoning whatever game she had been playing with her tiny, flittering, ladybug-like creations. They disappeared into thin air with a series of little pops, and Jasmine picked Pumpkin up, swinging her around with a laugh. Apparently three days were enough time for forgiveness, at least in the mind of six-year old little girls. Once she was settled in Jasmine's arms, balanced effortlessly on the teen super's hip, Jasmine made her way to Priest. The two chatted for a little while as Priest caught Jasmine up - keeping it at a PG rating, as Pumpkin refused to let go of Jasmine's neck for the time being.

She had sent Dan back ahead, reassuring the other man that there were some things she wanted to get for Pumpkin so they wouldn't be a drain on society - but she wanted to make sure Fox didn't leave for New Mexico without them. In truth, she'd wanted some time alone to think as well, and even though being with Dan when he was keeping quiet was almost like being alone, it wasn't.. not quite. So Dan had insisted on making sure she had a reliable way back, but had finally relented once they found her a fairly new Ford F-150 that was in reasonably good shape. Once upon a time, new cars were something teenagers only dreamed about. Now, they were a dime a dozen - it was getting the gas to run them that was the challenging part. Dan had enough of that to leave her with though, and they figured the truck might be good for some parts or use back at the refuge.

By the time Priest was done with his explanation, she was shaking her head slightly, looking a bit exasperated at the whole situation. She had only been gone four days, all said and done!

Gabrielle was right - Violet's definitely isn't the place for a little girl right now. Even with James not around anymore, she's just too unstable, her life is constantly in flux. I'm making the right decision, keeping Pumpkin myself.

As much sense as it made though, there was a part in the back of her mind that still insisted she go back to Violet, that the other woman needed her - even though she seemed to be doing okay with Dan, from the sounds of it. The other super would be a more stabilizing influence on Violet, hopefully - he could do a lot of the things Violet seemed to need Jasmine for, right? And probably better than she could - after all, he was an ex-Marine, Jasmine was just a teenage girl. Certainly the people at the refuge would have more respect for Dan than for herself. And if Violet had gotten herself out of the love quartet, maybe that would ease some of the tension regarding James. Nonetheless, Violet's seductive voice whispered in her mind that she was needed, and she couldn't seem to push it aside. So she compromised, and with promises of a quick return and a surprise when she came back, Jasmine left the little girl with Priest again, and headed off towards Dan's, where Priest told her Violet was staying. She was a good half a dozen yards away before she heard him call out to her one last piece of information.

"Hey, Jasmine, I forgot - Bond made it back too."

She stopped for a moment, forcing herself not to turn around so that the other super wouldn't see the dusky-colored blush that she felt warming her cheeks. She bit her lower lip slightly, trying to hide a stupid little grin she felt playing at the corners of her lips.

"Oh?"

"Yeah - just thought you'd wanna know."

She hurried off towards Dan's to the sound of Priest's low chuckle.

Jasmine stood outside the door to the apartment off the garage. Dan had been working, and she'd said hello to him, assuring him that she was back safely and dropping off the keys for the truck to him, since he took care of the base's vehicles. She preferred her Dad's car for now, if she needed a transportation vehicle later she'd find something better than a truck. Awkwardly, she excused herself to speak with Violet, and now here she was, standing outside the door to Dan's place, where apparently Violet was staying. She knocked sharply, waiting for the other woman to answer.

Violet was slowly adjusting to the recent changes, at least for the time being. She was still hoping that things would unwind peacefully and that Dan would move in to her place with Lorraine. Switching places should be the easiest solution but she wasn’t the one doing the negotiations – out of obvious reasons. When the door knocked sharply she first hesitated unsure who might be showing up.

The buxom succubus forced herself to calm down and not expect another tragedy hiding behind the next door. Live would go on normally (as far as her live could be considered normal) and this crisis would be over soon. Violet opened the door and saw… Jasmine!

“Jas!”, she happily greeted her and hugged her like she would a sister. “I’m so glad you guys got out of there alive. I’ve heard terrible things about it… are you ok, honey?”, Violet took a half step backwards to check out if Jasmine was wearing any bandages or showing any other sign of obvious and not so obvious injury.

Fortunately, the young woman looked perfectly uninjured, and the strength of the hug she gave Violet in return supported that fact. Seeing Violet was already starting to make Jas feel better, as if somehow just knowing she was okay took some of the load off her mind.

She seems to be doing okay. In fact, she looks great. I don't know why I was so worried about her while I was away - it's not like she didn't survive just fine before I showed up!

She smiled at the other woman reassuringly, and shook her head slightly at the question.

"I'm fine, Vi - you shouldn't worry so much. The worst I got was a little hair-pulling, really. And zombs, but.. they're not the biggest threat anymore, really. Kinda sad, huh?"

She shrugged, looking a bit sad, but tried to shake it off, changing the subject back to Violet in hopes of driving the images of the burnt victims out of her mind.

"So how about you? I heard there's been some.. changes around here."

Violet was obviously relieved that Jas was doing fine. It may have been not important to others but to her it meant the world. If someone was hurt she felt it most of the time and even now with Jas physically unharmed she knew the young woman carried a heavy burden on her shoulders. She would ask her about it later, when the moment was right.

As soon as Jas mentioned something about changes Violet smiled brighter than the sun. She nodded at her and grabbed her arm quickly pulling her inside the building and shut the door behind her. “You won’t believe this, but it’s true… I… Dan and I… well. I broke up with James… partially because of Dan. Actually he’s the major reason but I’ve got also good reasons for breaking up with James. This is… an interim solution here until things have been settled. James fortunately didn’t freak out and destroyed something when I broke up with him.”, Violet was way too excited and what she said was right but not quite in chronological order. She didn’t realize that it must’ve sounded crazy and that vital information were missing but what Jasmine felt was a wave of happiness and relief. Violet was happier than ever and it showed. Her eyes were sparkling brighter, her skin had a faint golden hue as if she was glowing and her smile could even melt Jasmine’s heart if she was into women. Violet radiated life and happiness like a beacon in these dark and harsh times.

Jasmine laughed a little, Violet's enthusiasm rubbing off on her. She shook her head, looking a bit amused.

"So, lemme get this straight. You broke up with James - partly because you have feelings for Dan, but for other reasons too? He took it okay, didn't destroy crap, and now you're living here until you can get something figured out. Did I sum that up okay, or am I missing something?"

She grinned a little, shaking her head to try and clear her mind. Violet's beauty was distracting and intoxicating, even if it didn't have the effect on her that it had on other, more sexually liberated women.

"So why don't you give me the details? That's an awful lot of change for an awfully short period of time."

“Common, sit down.”, Violet guided her enthused towards the living room and asked her to take a seat next to her on the generous and comfortable couch.

“I’ve been having the hots for Dan for a while but I always thought it was… you know. Just the hots. I get those easily… anyway…”, Violet briefly stopped as if she had to sort mentally what she wanted to say first.

“Since you’re like a sister to me and I didn’t have the chance to share this with anyone else…”, her happy demeanour somewhat darkened as she slowed down indicating that the following matter was more serious.

“James is a good man, he was around when I needed someone the most and he… he saved me. Saved my live… James and I are like oil and fire… the sex is amazing, but but it… it just caused too much trouble and talk which I can’t bear anymore. Even if I can’t hear the people talk I can feel it. Most people hate me, Jas… they hate me. They either want to fuck me or hate me…”, she looked down self-consciously but continued with her story.

“Ever since James almost died I’m having nightmares… he was dead. For a short moment he was dead, Jas. Gone. I never felt anything like that before and then came Myf and brought him back. Each time I see him I can feel that. I can’t shake it off… It seems as if I’ve got some kind of perfect emotional recall. I can forget how a conversation went but I can’t forget how I felt about it. I never talked with him about it… and I think I did him wrong but he also hurt me.”, Violet looked up again and searched Jasmine’s eyes.

“I’m not trying to find an excuse for my behaviour. I know I do a lot of things I shouldn’t do. I know that I constantly get into trouble but I’m trying to get more control over my live. My first decision was to change something about the situation with James… and knowing that Dan was not disinclined to… pick me up it made it easier for me to break up with James. I wouldn’t have found the strength to do this without him. Without Dan’s support, I mean. I know it looks like I broke up with James because of Dan and I would be lying if I said it wasn’t… but I was having issues with James and didn’t feel as happy with him as I used to. The whole situation at the club was getting out of hand… JoAnna started to drink, Jill drifted more towards me and away from James. He wanted to have children, but Jo didn’t… I thought I could make it all better but… I couldn’t. I’m just making things worse. I took advantage of all 3 of them – I practically destroyed their little family. I think James and the sisters would’ve been better off if he had never met me in the first place.”, Violet felt really guilty about that and her voice was a bit shakey towards the end.

“I feel that things are going to get better with Dan… I’ve changed, Jas, I really did and… and I’m trying to help the community with everything I got. I’m going to help Myfwany as a nurse in the hospital; the club – if it stays mine - will house more people on the second level, like you suggested… I want to help and not be a liability… and I want to make Dan and Jill happy. You’re of course welcomed to stay and my offer still stands if you want. I’m also looking for waitresses… but only if you don’t take my first offer. Anyway – you’re always welcomed, Jas. My door is always open for you.”, Violet reached out for her and hugged her sisterly and then sighed heavily. It felt good to talk to someone about this who was ‘outside’ the whole drama.

• 2 weeks later...

Jas slumped back into the couch, looking a little overwhelmed by everything Violet had just thrown at her. She shook her head slightly, and then after a moment her gaze came up from where she had been looking down, and her dark brown eyes caught Violet's brilliant gaze.

"Thank you. I appreciate the offer.. we'll just have to see what happens, both with Pumpkin and New Mexico. Violet, if you don't mind me asking - how long were you with James and the girls?"

Violet furrowed her brows briefly as she tried to remember when they met… “I think about a month ago… what day is it today? End of April… and I met him around end of March. Roughly 4 weeks.” the buxom sexbomb nodded and smiled at Jasmine.

“I think that’s my shortest relationship ever…”

A month. All that happened in just.. a month.

Jasmine smiled a little at Violet, and gave the other woman a hug in return. Then she pulled back and studied her for a long moment.

"I'm glad - I mean, that you're trying to do good things around here, helping Myf and everything like that. Letting people stay in the club, if you can. It sounds like you've got a lot of details to work out. If there's anything you need my help with while I'm around, just let me know - I'll do what I can. As for helping with the club and everything.. well, I can probably help you finish the inside, if you get access to it - I seem to do that sort of thing really fast now, it's a new trick I discovered while I was at Gabrielle's. We had to get the windows boarded up, and.. well, you know. Anyway, beyond that I'm not sure. We're just going to have to see how things go, you know?"

She smiled a little, and shrugged, looking to change the topic. Dread about what she might find in New Mexico was playing on her nerves much stronger this time than before Dallas, since she'd already been exposed to one horrific discovery. The future wasn't necessarily something she felt like she could focus on just yet - not until she knew more about her family. So she focused on the present instead.

"I heard Jim got back into town this morning from Priest.. I wonder if he's sticking around for the New Mexico run."

Violet nodded in agreement and smiled happily at her “sister”. “Thank you for showing understanding and trying to be supportive, Jas. I think you’re one of my few real friends I got. You’re the first person I met and haven’t tried to manipulate from the beginning…”, she bit her lip knowing that the next thing would upset Jasmine...”, except for when we went to Gabrielle’s. I’m really sorry about this, Jas but I was worried about you and what you said about the Refuge hurt me a little. I… I know I shouldn’t have forced you to come back here but I didn’t know what else to do.”, by now the tall vixen with the amazing auburn hair and radiant eyes was crying. She really had some mood issues…

“I’m so sorry, Jasmine… I understand if you want to leave but I didn’t want to lose you and Gabrielle’s place isn’t the safest place if you’re honest. I really was worried about you, honestly.”, there was no doubt in Violet’s sincerity or she was the best liar in the world… the question about Jim had totally faded into the background by now.

Jasmine sat there quietly for a long moment. To Violet it seemed almost as if she hadn't quite registered what the other woman had said. But in truth, she was going back and reliving that moment, remembering the way she had felt.

Originally Posted By: Jasmine Gentian
It was kind of a lame finish, and she knew it - she could hear it. But that didn't erase the need to go back, the feeling that she couldn't just ignore that Violet truly needed her to stay there.

Finally, Jasmine's eyes came into focus, and they settled on Violet with a hard gaze that the other woman remembered from Gabrielle's. Her lips pressed together slightly, and Violet could tell that the young woman was biting back what she had initially wanted to say. She waited out the crying, and it reminded Violet of a parent waiting out a toddler's screaming fit. When she finally did speak, her voice was cold with fury.

"That certainly explains it. It explains why I felt like I had to do what you wanted me to, even though it didn't make a lot of sense. It explains why I couldn't seem to make myself think about any other options, because the one you gave me felt like the only one I could do. You have no idea what that feels like, Violet. I asked you never to do that, and you did anyway. Because you were afraid. You were scared."

She grit her teeth together for a long moment, before finally drawing another deep breath and continuing.

"You think my parents weren't scared all those years I was sick? They weren't terrified that they were going to lose me? I've been staring death in the face for close to a decade, Violet. But you know what? My parents never made me do anything I didn't want to do when it came to my leukemia. They let me decide what I was willing to face. And they could've forced me, too. They were my legal guardians, if they wanted me to do something that I hadn't wanted to do, they could've done it. But they never did. And if you care about me the way you say you do, Violet.. you never will again. Do you understand me?"

Without waiting for Violet's response, she stood up and began to pace slightly, trying to burn off some of her anger with movement. As she spoke, she finally allowed herself to vent some of her anger, and her frustration, and her voice rose with frustration as she spoke.

"The world is changed, Violet - it's different. And we're all freakin' scared! But I have a gift - I have abilities. And I consider those abilities to come with a certain level of responsibility! Those people at Gabrielle's were duped by Elijah, almost every one of them! And when they realized what had happened, they went about trying to make it right! What good would it have done for a bunch of people to come along and kill them all? How would that have benefited mankind, Violet?! There's not that many off us left! If we start killing each other off, then we're not gonna leave much for the zombies to do, now are we?! I spent so many years knowing I might die.. and now I'm nearly invulnerable! Now, if some form of God didn't do that to give us a chance, I don't know who did! And don't feed me any of that "Gabrielle's rotting your brain with her religion" bullshit either, because I've always believed in God! If I hadn't I - I would've given up a long.. a long time ago..."

And with that, her anger was gone. She dropped back down into the seat on the couch next to Violet, and let out a deep breath. Once she spoke again, it was without anger or fury, but with a certain amount of weariness in her voice that Violet knew meant she was emotionally exhausted. It was the state so many people were in these days.. tired of feeling, drained from loss and fighting and fear.

"Your abilities come with a certain level of responsibility too, Violet. Don't forget that, because it's going to be so easy for all of us to abuse our abilities for what we want. We're only humans, after all - despite our powers."

The bomb went off, just like it did with James. Violet tried to shield herself from the anger and righteous fury Jasmine felt but it was too strong - to overwhelming and she felt she deserved to feel it because nothing else made much sense.

Violet wiped away her tears and waited for Jasmine's emotional exhaustion before she even considered saying anything in her defense.

"I'm not your parents, Jasmine - I know that. You can't compare me to them and I would never ever dare to assume that position. You speak of responsibility? I did exactly that, what I felt was my responsibility. I know it was wrong because I broke one rule we established but you cannot compare anything of your "gifts" to mine. You don't have the slightest idea what it feels like. There are no words that can describe what I see and feel - what I can catch up on. I keep most of it to myself because I know I can hurt you right there where you're most vulnerable - defenseless."

Violet stared pass Jasmine as she continued to speak, "Who is going to be the judge? How will you measure what is fair or not fair, what is reasonable and what not. If my "gifts" work very much like breathing air for someone else - do you want to deny me that? I haven't done anything you weren't inclined to do. You would've come back because you had to sooner or later. I just shifted your priorities but I didn't change your mind about what you wanted to do. It was a selfish move, I admmit that - but what you said about the Captain and the Refuge is just wrong, Jasmine. You are talking about my home - the only place left on earth that makes remotely sense and you have the audacity to say this place is wrong? That we abuse our powers to live in nobility? You treat me like a convict without trial. I'm guilty because of who I am and not what I do or don't do. It's even worse - it's mostly about what I might do... and everyone is scared because of it because no one can control me. That's the rotten truth, Jasmine."

Violet looked at Jasmine and felt the same kind of emotional exhaustion sweeping over her. "I'm sorry, Jas - I've got just one last question - if God is the reason for all this - why did he give me these powers? To what good? What sense do I make in a world like this? What's my purpose? And if you know the answer to that question then I ask you - why do I still get blamed?"

Jasmine shook her head, her face filled with frustration. Didn't Violet even listen to what other people said? Or did she filter it all through a pity filter before it registered?

"Do you even listen to me Violet? Or do you just hear what you think I'm saying about people, and interpret that however you want? For that matter, do you even listen to yourself? You just told me in the same breath that you did something that you know was wrong, but you felt was your responsibility. Tell me, how does that work? How is it your responsibility to control people's actions to make them do what you think is best for them? That's taking away their free will, Violet! You have no idea whether I was planning on coming back or not - and it's a moot point at that! If I hadn't been planning on it, what you said made me do it whether I planned on it or not. And that's controlling people. That's making them bend to your will, however well-intentioned it may be. I'm not angry at you for what you 'might' do or 'may' do - I'm angry because of what you did, and I have a right to be!"

She took another deep breath and ran a hand through her hair in an attempt to stay calm.

"I never - ever - said that you all abuse your powers, or that you live in nobility. You live in hell, just like the rest of us. This is hell. The whole world is hell, and this place is just a few degrees cooler than the rest of it. The comments I made about Fox are based on my interactions with him, and nothing else. And all I said is that he's got an ego, Violet. I think he's got a god-damned swelled head and isn't willing to act on anyone else's opinion about how this refuge should be run. Except maybe Jules. So far I've seen him listen, and that's about it. Now, there may be more to him than that, but so far that's most of what I've seen. So if you disagree with that, I'm sorry, we're just gonna have to disagree. All I've seen so far is that the people here may be safe and clothed and healthy - but they're sure the hell not very happy, or grateful. And you're gonna be hard pressed to convince me that doesn't have something to do with the way the place is being run. You were never even a part of that conversation Violet - my opinion of Morgan Fox has nothing to do with you. He's a military leader, Violet, and that's fine. But I don't think that makes him a good politician. A good leader. If he really knew how to run this place right, women wouldn't be afraid to walk around at night by themselves. But they are. And in that way.. Gabrielle's is better than here. I'm sorry if you disagree."

Violet stared at Jasmine with her mouth half open. She struggled to filter through the emotional tidal wave that swept over her as Jasmine’s anger once again sparked her fury. The young woman was trying to keep calm, though and Violet mentally thanked her for not unloading it all on her. Raising her arms slowly in defence Violet made a step backward to get some distance between the two of them – she felt more comfortable like that.

There was a lot on her mind but pushing the argument would just escalate things and this wasn’t anything Violet wanted. She had enough trouble on her mind. As she decided to relent Violet shook her head and slowly lowered her arms again.

“Do what you feel is right, Jas… that’s the only thing that makes sense. I’m trying to do the same but I keep making mistakes. If you only knew how hard I’m trying…”, there seemed to be more she wanted to say but she kept it to herself. This was going totally wrong and no one was able to understand her – no one knew how difficult it was to fight impulses and urges.

She sighed again, and nodded slightly, relieved that Violet was going to let the topic drop. She gazed at her for a long moment, as if she were trying to see into her soul. Finally she offered the buxom women a faint smile, and tried to look reassuring.

"I know you are, Violet. I know it's hard. I mean, I don't have the same abilities - but at the same time, if I slip up with mine, I might just kill someone on accident. I could have killed Gabrielle's brother. I mean, I'm doing better now, I feel more in control thanks to what Jules and Jim showed me. But who knows what could happen? And killing someone on accident is a hell of a lot worse than telling them to do something they don't want to do. I'm just.. free will is a sensitive subject, Violet. It's something people cherish above almost everything, you know? You can take a lot from a person, and they still have their free will. The idea of someone being able to take that away from them.. knowing someone has done it.. it's terrifying, Violet. You need to know that. And better from me than someone less forgiving."

Of course, just because I can forgive doesn't mean I'm going to forget. I'll have to watch myself around Violet now, knowing that her emotions are likely to override any promise she's made to me.

"And I'll do what I feel I have to do, as soon as I figure out what that is. And that'll have to wait for New Mexico, I suppose. I keep saying that, don't I? It'll have to wait till after Dallas. It'll have to wait till after New Mexico. What happens if they're not there? Am I going to spend forever trying to chase them down? I mean, how could I give up if I don't know? But.. spending all my time looking.. that's not much of a life either. I.. I think I'm more scared of not finding anything than I am of finding something like I did in Dallas. Does that.. make me terrible, do you think?"

She sighed again, and nodded slightly, relieved that Violet was going to let the topic drop. She gazed at her for a long moment, as if she were trying to see into her soul. Finally she offered the buxom women a faint smile, and tried to look reassuring.

"I know you are, Violet. I know it's hard. I mean, I don't have the same abilities - but at the same time, if I slip up with mine, I might just kill someone on accident. I could have killed Gabrielle's brother. I mean, I'm doing better now, I feel more in control thanks to what Jules and Jim showed me. But who knows what could happen? And killing someone on accident is a hell of a lot worse than telling them to do something they don't want to do. I'm just.. free will is a sensitive subject, Violet. It's something people cherish above almost everything, you know? You can take a lot from a person, and they still have their free will. The idea of someone being able to take that away from them.. knowing someone has done it.. it's terrifying, Violet. You need to know that. And better from me than someone less forgiving."

Of course, just because I can forgive doesn't mean I'm going to forget. I'll have to watch myself around Violet now, knowing that her emotions are likely to override any promise she's made to me.

„See, you’ve got an advantage there, Jas. You can share your experience with people and they can relate to it and even teach you how to improve your abilities or control them. I can’t go to anyone and do that, Jas. There’s no other super who remotely shares my abilities. It’s like I’m a different breed or something. And no one can really understand what I can do and how far it can go. I went to Myf the other day and she found out that one of my abilities could get the whole Refuge killed in one epidemic outbreak… sometimes I’m scared of myself, Jas…“

"And I'll do what I feel I have to do, as soon as I figure out what that is. And that'll have to wait for New Mexico, I suppose. I keep saying that, don't I? It'll have to wait till after Dallas. It'll have to wait till after New Mexico. What happens if they're not there? Am I going to spend forever trying to chase them down? I mean, how could I give up if I don't know? But.. spending all my time looking.. that's not much of a life either. I.. I think I'm more scared of not finding anything than I am of finding something like I did in Dallas. Does that.. make me terrible, do you think?"

Violet listened carefully as Jas opened up again and shared some of her thoughts and fears with her. For Violet it was a good sign – it showed her that Jas still cared and trusted her enough to share this. She smiled warmly at the younger woman who was wiser than she ought to be and yet sometimes still a girl.

„As long as there is hope and any reasonable sign or trail to follow it just makes you human that you keep going. I think everyone would and it doesn’t make you terrible. You’re still young, Jas and feelings are a very complicated matter – you can trust me on that one. It is like its own language for me and I still have trouble figuring it out sometimes. I know this is a delicate matter but should you… at any time feel like you need help to make sure what you feel and what you don’t… just ask me. I can help you without changing what you feel. With some patience I could sort out your emotions and mirror you what you feel so you can get a better ‘outside’ view of it. Maybe that would help you… if this makes any sense to you.”

Jasmine smiled a little and shook her head, standing up. Violet had missed the point a little, but that was alright - to Jasmine, the question had been mildly rhetorical anyway.

"Thanks, Violet. But I think I'll try and figure it out the normal way first, if you don't mind. After all, that's what people have been doing forever, right? I promise though, if I ever need your help, I'll let you know."

Not that I trust you to do anything with my emotions.. not yet, anyway. I'd like to have better control over that before I come running to you with those types of problems in the future. If that kind of control is even possible.

Violet could feel the slight distrust, but it was to be expected, given the situation. Jasmine still seemed to care about the other woman, and not harbor anything more than a mild irritation towards her for now, and that at least was reassuring.

She leaned down and gave Violet a light kiss on the cheek before straightening up and shouldering the pack she'd sat down next to her.

"I should get out of here, I have a lot of things to take care of, and I'd like to spend some time with Pumpkin today too. I'm sure I'll see you around - it's a small base, after all."

Violet smiled warmly as she received Jasmine’s gentle kiss. A kiss settled most of her troubles and she was glad that Jas still cared for her – even after what she ‘did’ to her. From Violet’s point of view she really didn’t do much and nothing Jas wasn’t inclined to do in the first place. She just… changed her priorities.

“I understand, honey.”, she nodded at the young woman. “And if you decided to leave… please don’t let me be the last one to know, ok?”

She watched Jasmine leave and sighed. She didn’t like the idea of her leaving the refuge… how could she make her stay without ‘forcing’ her?

Archived