[Fiction] Added Complications

Long

Long sat on the back porch of his home, relaxing. He watched all four of his children playing in the yard, The two sets of twins happily playing with each other, Misato's Mothering instinct easy to see.

He laughed, watching Benkei Carry Ryoma. The two were very alike in temperment and development. Even though the elders were adopted, They thought of their Uncle as their father now, They new for good or ill he would protect them, and he counted on them to protect their little siblings. Misato Danced around with Mizuki in her arms, the two year old nova laughing as her big sister played with her.

Everything was right with the world, but then long smelled something different. It was a familiar scent, Aki's, but it wasn't the same as it had been. He decided to check on her later, and figure out what was up.

He sent a nice picture to Endeavor of their children playing over the mental link. "You know dear, you oughta come out and watch this. Too much time in your lab and you miss out on the really important things."

Oh, come on, Long, what's wrong about earning some bread for the family? Sakurako thinks as she starts shutting down her mainframe. She straightens out her house shirt and walks from the basement workshop she set up and heads for the yard.

She sees Mizuki and Ryoma play with Long's older children and smiles.

...The young Nova race, energetic in play, reaching to tomorrow...

"Ryu! I see things are going well here. But... I know what would make it better." She says, walking over to his side.

Everyone playing nice?

"Misato carry!" Mizuki says happly. Sakurako picks up on the ease of speech.

"I can see that little Ki." Sakurako says, walking over to Misato. "How is school, Misato?"

"Well Miss Aino does really well teaching us. we're learning about the history of Japan right now. We're currently studying the Feudal Era."

Benkei stops to address Endeavor and smiles. "Yeah She's teaching us all about the Tokugawas."

"And she's making us learn twenty new words a day."

The two elder novas take off again running around the yard carrying their younger siblings. Long looks to Endeavor and smiles. "It's times like this I Realize how truly lucky I am. The children make everything worth it."

There was a moment of Sadness, as Sakurako saw a brief image of a young man, probably fifteen standing with Long in his dormed form, the image evoked a profound sadness. It was easy to see The Youth was Long's son.

"I can. A world we didn't live with the specter of Fear around us, a world wher race and status didn't matter."

He smiles to her and kisses her forhead, but considering I can't have any of that here, yeah, This is pretty perfect."

"How goes work with the company?"

"We'd have to live on mars to avoid such problems Long..."

"... as for work, getting better on that front... getting used to the workload. Been thinking of arranging a vacation for the family soon. Just gotta think of where. Maybe somewhere warm."

She scratches her head.

"As for Digigeist's hunt... he's on the trail. He should be barking soon enough."

He nods. "I've actually built a Cabin on a couple of worlds, so it's not like we'd have no comforts at all."

"Aki's progressing well. She's mastering the language and getting more and more used to to her fox form."

He smiles. "She's eating so much she's starting to put on a little weight, I think her love of our cuisine is defintiely that of citizen."

Sakurako laughs. "Someone like her definitely is a type to eat whatever is on her table... then again I sorta gotta watch how much I take in... or I end up looking like a overstuffed cartoon character."

She sighs.

"I wager if she really started living here, our food budget would have to be adjusted accordingly."

He chuckles. "Our Food budget is already more than many families make in a year, just for a month, considering how much meat She and I eat."

"It's a good thing I make side trips when I can to hunt game in worlds where they're alot larger."

He pats her stomach. "Don't even start. You lost every ounce of weight after you had the twins. If anything you're even lighter than you were before."

"Really... Must be the body. Still getting used to the fact my flesh and blood operates on slightly different density when I'm not dormed. Then again I'm less and less dorming down."

She sighs.

"Maybe I've just accepted the fact that the I that was is no longer needed." She says, stretching a bit. "Then again, I've noticed that slowly I think... people at the company feel uncomfortable around me. They work with me and afford me the respect a CEO is usually given but... I think I have lost a lot of my former humanity."

She brushes her loose khaki shorts of grass. "I think I understand that sort of viewpoint that you've taken that this world is sort of... hostile to us."

"I know... it is a digression... Forgive the buzzkill."

he pulls her to him tenderly and kisses her.

"That's why Paradise's so important. The team there is proceeding as planned, and have surveyed almost twenty percent of the world's landmass."

"We could take our vacation there. There's technology and you could get a first hand look at the place that's going to be our new home."

"Down by the Bay in that world's Tokyo."

"We've got six housing units there now, one of the big ones is empty. It's got a full hospital and small manufacturing center. The people there are all Scientists, Doctors or engineers and geologists."

"Yup we can bring the kids along too. It's pretty safe there."

Aki slowly opens the door to the yard using her back to push the door open. Her two tails pushing the door free as she is busy eating munching on some left overs from the other night. She turns to around and notices Long and Sakurako talking to one another as she smiles a little.

"So... The lab rat is running loose today I see. It's nice to see your out and about Sakurako." She softly giggles a bit before finishing off what was on the plate. She looks at it with a little whine and licks the plate clean as well.

But then she does something really odd and bites down into the fine china and chews. The look of surprise on her face and a lewd grin she literly eats the plate, "Mmmm I didn't know you had candy flavored plates!" She softly coos still holding a large peice of the broken plate in hand. "You should try this! Tastes like mint!"

...Dammit... Not again. Third plate this week... Sakurako mumbles under her breath.

"Silv... how many times have I told you... I don't care if you can eat it, there's some thing you just shouldn't! That plate was 300 years old, you know. An Heirloom from my side of the family..."

She sighs, knowing Aki's the type not to know better from time to time.

"Next time, if you have a need for more exotic food... let me know. I know a few places where bored salarymen go to release stress by smashing dishes. You could eat the remnants and clean their mess. Win-win..." She says, flustered at her biological garbage disposal.

"And watch what you're eating... you're starting up Sumo or something? You're getting big!"

Long sighed, this was so out there. He stood there looking at her and inhaled. Aki's scent was odd, not quite normal. Sakurako's was. Of course Aki always poked fun at Endeavor, and Long laid a hand on Endeavor's hand as if to say "I'm sorry"

He looks to Aki. "Aki are you feeling ok? You smell different, maybe this new diet is affecting you in other ways. We might need to get you checked out."

Aki blinks a little looking at the plate and then back at Sakurako, "I can't help it! They taste so delicious what are you lacing them with candy flavoring spray or something!" She growls a bit and takes another bite defiently finishing it off not letting good food go to waist.

Her ears lay back a little as she looks at Sakurako munching on what is left for a moment. "Well I am sorry I am not into latex and rubber, I can't stand the flavor of dark licorice hon." She sticks out her tongue and laughs. Aki has been a little snippy lately to in the morning.

Aki whines a little, "I can't help it that I been getting fatter I been starving a lot lately. I been having to go out and eat inbeteween meals more often." She grumbles "No idea why.." She huffs some.

"I ain't going to no vet!" She sticks her tongue out at long with a cute faux look and giggles. "I don't just let anyone lift my tail and check me out."

"Relax, I'll get the nice doctor who came here and fixed you up when you were first brought here. You remember her, she wasn't so bad."

The revelation that she'd been eating even more wasn't lost on Long and things started clicking in his brain. No way. There's no way...

Sakurako blinks, confused at the sudden mood swing... Then one and one start to add up. Sakurako decides to hold judgement, just in case it is some sort if imbalance and not her other suspicion.

"Silv... I can't help if I draw from the odd Nova powers pile after my eruption." She says, unconsciously puffing up a little from being flustered. "Besides... it's a bio-polymer, not latex. Trust me, I looked at the cells under a microscope, I should know."

She returns to normal as she sighs. "Just let me know if you got a strange craving, that's all I ask, Aki. I don't want you eating something that could be toxic after... your processing. I don't want to have to wear a biohazard suit when cleaning the toilet bowl... Not to mention the environmental regulations we'd be violating..."

Sakurako trails off. She's firing back in her way, looking upward in a semi innocent and coy manner. "I'd rather not live at a toxic waste site... not a place to raise children."

"I'll get things ready for the Doctor's arrival. Shouldn't be more than a couple minutes." Sakurako says heading back to the house. "Won't be more than a moment."

He looks to Sakurako and realized she came to the same conclusion as well.

He nodded to Aki.

"watch the Children, I'll be back in a bit."

He vanished in an actinic flash, shifting to his human form and reforming his Eufiber into normal clothes. He approached the Doctor.

"Sayuki I need your help again. Nobody's hurt but that might change."

Dr. Harumi sighed and had her secretary clear her schedule. Long was someone who couldn't be ignored.

She took his hand calmly and grabbed a small medical bag, and soon she was looking at a beautiful scene of four nova children playing in the yard, being watched by the same Female Foxlike nova she'd helped heal before.

"What's wrong Ryu? You said it was important."

He looked to Silvertalon. "Aki, tell Dr. Harumi all the odd things that have been going on with you." It was obvious she'd put on some weight, as her belly wasn't washboard flat like it had been, and she was holding a plate with a bite taken out of it.

Aki sighs a little looking at Sakurako with a soft giggle the reaction of her puffing up like that reminds her so much like a blow fish although she keeps that to herself. "Well I haven't met a dish I couldn't eat yet." She giggles a little with a sly grin, "Mmmmm I'll try to let you know.. Some times it happens so suddenly.

"But still I still don't think I need a doctor.. I just been just so hungery lately and feeling a bit wobbly on my feet in the morning some times. I think its just a phase or something" She shurgs a little walking over to the two with a smile. "Still I don't smell anything different about myself." she sticks out her tongue at long and giggles whispering into his ear as she growls, "Your just saying that so you have a doctor to check me out for some reason. Geee Doc I hope I don't got wurms" she laughs softly giving Long a gentle nip on the ear before pulling back.

Sayuki sighed. The Fox nova was still the same, an almost childlike innocence to her. "Well come on, we'll go in Private and check you out quick then you can go back to having fun then."

She was one of few people who knew the layout of the house and found her way into an empty room and looked to Silvertalon.

"Please disrobe and stand still." She pulled out her stethescope and waited for her to comply.

OUtside Long awaited the findings with anxiety.

Sakurako heads back outside, calling the children in. "Alright everyone! Let's leave the good doctor to her work while I have a chat..."

The children run back into the house playfully, not having much worry as to what's up. Sakurako thinks they might actually be getting used to the weirdness.

She walks over to Long, and whispers in his ear. "I think we need to talk. Privately. I've swept my basement lab office for bugs, so I'm sure there's no chance for blackmail from what I think... we're about to talk about. It's best this subject stays between us and the air."

Aki blinks a little, "Disrobe? Arn't I always in the fur?" Indeed she was not wearing her enuviber at the moment as she grew her fur out to give her quite modesty while walking about she was well known for doing this at times. "An what is that for?" She eyed the strange metal object closely ears flickering a little bit in a nervous manner indicating she wasn't very comfortible at the moment with this strange person but she does remember their scent.

Aki takes a step back as the doctor draws close, "W..who are you?" Her ears lay back a bit her eyes on the object she is holding. "I do remember your scent but I don't recall where." A part of her seemingly wants to run at the moment. The other part curious to whom this strange female is and why they know her and she does not.

"Are you a vet or something?"

"No, I'm a Doctor, Aki. Someone who's known Long much longer than anyone else. I am a friend. Believe me, Long wouldn't have brought me if he didn't trust me, and that man trusts few people."

She holds up the stethescope and smiles. "This is for listening to your heartbeat, seeing if there are any iregularities and such in your breathing, since we humans don't have senses as sensitive as you novas."

She put the cold metal disc on Silvertalon's chest and listened to her heart, her brow furrowing. "Take a deep breath." When she did "Now Exhale." She did and Sayuki repeated this all over her upper body and finally she moved to her stomach. "Now be very quiet Aki, and hold very still."

She heard it distinctly now, and smiled." I'll need to get a sample of your blood for testing, but I do believe congratulations are in order."

--------------------------

Elsewhere Long followed Endeavor down to her lab and once there he took his normal form and loooked at Sakurako. "It's extremely likely Aki is pregnant with my child, Sakurako."

There was no regret in his voice, it was the cold statment of fact. He'd told her what happened that day, and She'd seemed to have approved of it, not completely but tacitly. She knew Long was far stronger and Aki provided him with a way to fully utilize his strength.

His eyes however showed that he felt he'd wronged Sakurako with this revelation. "I'm sorry."

"A few months at most. All the details, now that I look at them in this light, point towards my little excursion across the worlds with her as when this happened."

He sighed. "She probably doesn't even understand what's going on. She's going to have to stay with us permanently now Sakurako, it will not be safe for her or our children anywhere else now."

Aki watched the doctor very closely her ears laying back across her head. She did indeed listen and slowly nodded understanding as she then slowly relaxed. She flinched just a little as the cold metal pressed to her body as she looked on. It was strange a part of her accepted the fact she was here the other part of her was telling her to run and not to trust this stranger. A few times she couldn't help but to giggle as the device she used tickled or shivered due to the cool metal. But it wasn't long until the doctor finished as she blinked a few times in complete confusion.

"Congratulations?" She looked at the doctor completely confused and preplexed, "For getting nice and fat?" The look she was giving off was completely comical and yet she really didn't truly understand what was really happening.

"Humans are such a strange species indeed." She mumbles to herself softly not sure if the doctor heard what she said.

"Well Aki, there's a reason you're putting on weight, a truly amazing reason, but it's one you might want to take up with Long."

She couldn't believe the nova before her didn't know what was going on.

She left the room and waited for Ryu to emerger from wherever he'd gone so she could deliver the news. She knew he was married to Sakurako, and wondered how the younger nova would take this little complication..

Aki just sat there a little stunned at the news coming to realization she was with child. Her hand went to her swollen belly as she rub her own belly slowly with a soft myrr. Strangely her belly felt a bit more sensitive lately. Her eyes fell down upon that swollen gutt for a few long moments just staring as the doctor left leaving her with more questions then answers.

Originally Posted By: Long
"A few months at most. All the details, now that I look at them in this light, point towards my little excursion across the worlds with her as when this happened."

He sighed. "She probably doesn't even understand what's going on. She's going to have to stay with us permanently now Sakurako, it will not be safe for her or our children anywhere else now."

Sakurako sighs. "I've calculated as much. I knew this day would be coming, so I am going to start making plans to reduce our risk as we are still living alongside baselines. It's their society that I see right now as a risk to our family's cohesion and well-being. From here on, some of us may have to live a dual life."

She sits back in her chair, then affords herself a smile. "To be honest, I'd rather not have it any other way. This means more Novas in the world, and I'm NEVER against that. We've gone into our marriage fully aware of each other's needs. There's no need for regrets."

He hugs her to him and kisses her, one of the rare kisses in his natural form. "I really don't deserve you Sakurako."

His eyes gleam playfully, "But I'm so glad I have you."

I'm going to go and see what Harumi has found out, and then speak with Aki if I need to. We can speak on other preparations later on, as a family."

He leaves and makes his way back speaking with Harumi briefly before opening a gate back to her clinic. Only then does he knock on the door where Aki is inside.

"Aki, it's Long. We need to talk I think."

Originally Posted By: Long
He hugs her to him and kisses her, one of the rare kisses in his natural form. "I really don't deserve you Sakurako."

His eyes gleam playfully, "But I'm so glad I have you."

I'm going to go and see what Harumi has found out, and then speak with Aki if I need to. We can speak on other preparations later on, as a family."

When Long leaves, Sakurako sits back in her chair. She whispers to herself on his leaving... "He didn't have to say that...."

Sakurako hates it when Long believes he doesn't deserve her.

Aki is to deep into thought to notice Longs arrival at first until the knock came to the door and his voice called though it. She got up and walked over to the door and opened it with a slight confused look.

"Indeed we do.."

"I really don't understand it to well.. But.. I am..." She just looked down at herself then back up to Long. "how?" Is all she could ask at the moment. She did sound a little worried if not scared this was something she really didn't understand to well.

Archived