In Search Of Answers

Narinder Kapoor

Narinder smiled warmly at the flight attendant as he boarded, and tucked his bag into an overhead compartment before settling down into his seat. It was going to be a long flight, but he was hoping it would be a productive one. He had waited for word from the others, hoping one of them would come up with something in regards to the riddle. But after coming up short himself, and receiving no updates from the other three of the gods' chosen, he had decided to take somewhat more drastic measures.

The other three Scions had received a notice from him, whichever way they communicated best: email, phone call, or letter. It stated simply that Narinder had been unsuccessful finding any true leads, so he was planning on traveling somewhere that might offer valuable information, and that the others were more than welcome to come. To those who had responded with interest, he had promised to arrange their travel. Perhaps they expected some contact of Nari's, someone in the Boston area or close by. Maybe even a road trip to somewhere on the east coast, a few hours away. What they didn't expect was to receive a first-class, round trip ticket to Greece in their name, scheduled for the Thursday before Labor Day weekend. Tickets arrived in plenty of time for anyone who didn't have a passport to acquire one, and assurances that hotel and spending arrangements were taken care of as well. All they needed to do.. was show up.

Mike made his way down the corridor and through the gate to the boarding ramp. Although he had dressed as well as he could out of his normal wardrobe he still felt self-conscious going through to the first class seat that Nari had acquired for him. But he was soon there, and seeing Nari there before him was enough to release at least some of the tension that had been building during the day.

"Thank you for arranging this Nari, I just hope that I can be of some help when we reach Greece. Have you been there before?"

Wakiki had been immediately suspicious of the offering, but Liv had explained that it was a 'god' thing. He'd let her go without complaint after that, but Liv could see the hints of jealousy simmering in him. It made her a little sad; they both knew that their current arrangement was temporary. She knew it would end, and so she tried not to sully it with bitter thoughts of 'what if'. He tried the same, but they were only human.

She eased her way to her seat, smiling at Mike and Narinder. "Hey, guys," she said softly, nodding at them. "Thanks, Nari - this is a wonderful opportunity."

The first class seats were a different experience altogether for someone who hadn't ever flown first class, and even a bit of one for someone who had. Each seat had it's own TV and small table, as well as a seat across the table. It was designed for people to be able to move around and sit across from each other during the flight, as well as for a more relaxing rest experience during the long, cross-Atlantic flight.

Click to reveal..
Pictures of the Setup:

swiss-airlines-new-first-class-suite-desswiss-airlines-new-first-class-suite-desswiss-airlines-new-first-class-suite-desswiss-airlines-new-first-class-suite-des

Narinder smiled at Mike as he approached, standing to welcome him, though of course the area that was theirs was large enough to not require it. He smiled warmly at Livy as she approached, and held out a hand for hers, kissing it gently in greeting and speaking to them both.

"You are very welcome, I was happy to provide it. Hopefully this visit will prove at least somewhat enlightening to us. If not, well.. I shall do my best to make sure it is at least enjoyable. As for myself, I have in fact been to Greece, but not on such, mmm.. professional business."

Qiang moved quietly onto the plane, he wore a tailored suit and carried a small leather overnight bag. He slipped the faked passport into his coat and located his seat. His nervousness showed but the reason for it was less obvious. Qiang wasn't afraid to fly, he was worried that he might not be able to return if the passport proved unsuitable to pass through customs in Greece and then in America on the way back.

Narinder greeted Qiang as well, and conversation was interrupted, at least briefly, as the rest of the passengers began to board, and everyone settled down into their seats for the pre-flight demonstration of rules and regulations.

Finally though, there was lift-off. It wasn't long before they were cruising at a comfortable pace, having already ventured out over the Atlantic on their way to one of the most ancient civilizations in the world. The four of them together took up a whole row, and while they didn't have complete privacy, they were able to take advantage of the small conversation area formed by having two of the seats in the upright position and utilizing the dining seats across from each individual seat. After a visit from the flight attendant, who was anxious to take their orders, the four had settled in, and Narinder started speaking while they waited for their drinks.

"Regretfully, it will be a long flight, but I do hope the accommodations make it a bearable one. It will be late afternoon when we arrive, but perhaps the jet lag will be difficult for some of you? I have arranged for us to take the evening off, and the following day we will head out to the island for business. Perhaps we will find that we are lucky, and such things will be take care of quickly. Then we will have the good fortune of getting to enjoy some Grecian entertainment, yes?"

Qiang ordered a drink and some roasted nut, feeling no reluctance to make the first class accomodations work for him. "I'm sure that things will work out, though I am equally sure that they will not work out as we have planned, it seems that these things are seldom in our control." He reached into his jacket and pulled out a deck of playing cards, "Anybody care for a game to pass the time?"

Mike smiled and welcomed Olivia as she arrived, but was obviously more comfortable welcoming Qiang. He made himself comfortable, flicking through the material and looking at the flightplan until it was time to re-arrange the seats.

He grins as he replies to Nari, "I don't think I'll have any trouble with jet-lag, I can go for a couple of days without sleep if necessary, but an evening of entertainment in a new country will be no hardship. Thank you Nari."

Archived