World of Darkness: The Academy - Pulling It Together

Dawn OOC

At six a.m. breakfast, quiet conversations passed through those who had been involved in the events last night. There were no Extracurricular Activities started, or rather, they were just started and most students wouldn’t attend them every time. So after breakfast, the students had an hour before class to meet. Ms. Dorn was informed, and Jason Beckett was found as well.

There were some who couldn’t be found. Ryan was nowhere to be seen, and Lucia’s roommate didn’t know where she was, only that she’d gone somewhere and said not to worry about her for at least a week. In the end, there was nothing to do but meet anyway. Whenever Ryan and Lucia appeared, they would be filled in on what they had missed.

Ms. Dorn was able to secure a room in the General Learning Building large enough for them to meet in, and the group gathered there.

Click to reveal..
Assume everyone but Ryan and Lucia are there, even if they don’t/can’t post.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean walked in the room, his footsteps heavy and sluggish, glad that football practice didn't start today. When he had made it back to his dormroom last night, he hadn't been able to fall asleep. Everything that had happened yesterday, everything that he had learned about what had happened at Dalton and learned about himself, feared about himself, kept running through his mind.

By five a.m., Sean was already dressed and outside, no longer able to stay tossing and turning in bed. After close to an hour just walking the grounds, he saw Ms. Dorn and was informed about the gathering of those... exposed to the weirdness of Dalton.

So here he was, grainy-eyed, the first student there. He gave his Dad another call... And of course, only got the answering machine, his teeth grating hearing the voice of the giggling Candi Fairview.

Jason had been told about the meeting while looking for Ms Dorn, and headed over to the meeting room, a file with copies of his grandfather's letter tucked under his arm.

Entering he found Sean already there, although looking like shit. Looks like he didn't get any sleep last night, but then I guess that's not surprising given all the weird shit going down around here yesterday.

"Morning Sean, how are you doing this morning? Brihn heal you up ok?"

Sean raised his to look at Jason, at first confused. "Brihn? Heal?"

Then it dawned on him, so much had happened since he got bitten, it seemed like it had happened very long ago, helped by the fact the there wasn't even twinge in his thigh, nothing to indicate he had been injured.

"Oh, right, that. I'm fine, leg is fine. Last night sucked royal monkey balls. Only got back after midnight and I... I rather not talk about it right now." Sean hunched his shoulders and stretched out his legs before turning his attentoin back to the others.

"How about you guys? Encounter anything to shatter your world-view?"

Renata came in quietly and took a seat towards the back. Her habit of doing that didn't come, as popular wisdom would have it, from wanting to avoid the teacher's notice. That was just a happy side effect. She just didn't like having people behind her. It made her antsy.

She snorted at Sean's question. She wasn't sure there was anything left of her worldview to shatter after the other night. Then something occurred to her.

"Hey, where's the Door anyway?" Renata piped up. "I missed the field trip."

Jason grins at Sean's question, "That depends. Does being healed of a wound that should have had me laid up for about a fortnight so that I was completely fine a couple of hours later count? Or finding out that your Grandfather was a mage, and had even written and left you a copy of a beginners guide on the subject?"

Getting a couple of copies of the letter out of the folder he passed them to the two students, "And of course then this arrived in the post this morning, via the solicitors that had been dealing with his estate when he died a few months back."

Zack would remember old Zebidiah Beckett, who had been Head Caretaker at Dalton for more than a decade.

Not long after, Miss Dorn stalked into the room. And despite every effort she made to avoid it, stalked was the operative term. Something in her movements or the wary cast of her eyes was enough to raise hackles on the back of most necks present.

She could tell the effect she was having, and it annoyed the hell out of her. It wasn't as though she was ever considered to be a particularly welcome entry to a student social group at Dalton; Sylvia Dorn been known as a hard-liner for as long as she'd been here. But this was different, undefinable, and it bothered her.

It also, somewhere deep down, made something within Sylvia as pleased as punch.

After a quick look around the room to be sure that only those who belonged were present, the Den Mother closed the door and took a seat.

"So," she began, "we've all had quite a night. Sean, good to see you back so soon; did things go all right with your family?"

As the door closed behind Everett it was stopped by a hand that pushed it back open before the latch caught. With bunny slippers, cargo shorts and a t-shirt that declared he was "100% Vagitarian", Deacon stepped in with a pack slung over his shoulder.

"Morning Satan." He nonchalantly delivered to Mrs. Dorn without missing a beat he took a seat and brutally stabbed a Capri Sun as he waited for things to get interesting.

Sylvia sighed; some things, it seemed, were eternal... and apparently for her sins, one of those things was Deacon Knight.

Four years ago, Sylvia would have admonished him. Three, and she'd have sent him to the headmaster. Two, and a stern glare would have met his mocking eyes. Last year, her efforts at killing with kindness had fallen as flat as all previous measures. This was year five: the Year of the Sigh. And with the mild escape of exasperation passed, she proceeded to ignore Deacon the Menace and try to concentrate on the task at hand.

"Now where were we... right. Sean, if you'd rather talk about it later, in private, that would be fine."

Sean tilted his head till vertebrae popped then looked at Ms. Dorn with sunken eyes. "I'll talk... why not? We went and saw my mo - Vena and my sisters. Vena told me that Dad going after the Caramines was a good thing - the Chiderans were getting Harvested by them too, but were too weak to repel them. Apparently, what he did, did set the Caramines back. After, we talked some," Sean said, bitter and with a shuttered expression. "I found out why Vena and Dad got divorced, why Vena hates my guts, then we came back here, and Vena and my sisters went through the Door, and that's that."

Sean leaned back in his seat, the chair tilted back on it's rear legs, his stormy eyes on the ceiling. "I tried calling Dad a couple of times, to see wha - nevermind. To find out what he had to say, but all I got was the damned voice-mail. He's been too busy screwing Candi the Bimbo, I guess."

Sean raised his head so he could see Ms. Dorn and the others in the room. "So, my mother and sisters are amazons, sorta, and went home, Dad was an interdimensional commando and forced... erm, cheated on Vena, and Jason's grandpa was a wizard. What did else did I miss on my wonderful trip to Denver?"

"You said you'd talk, but you intentionally stopped and ignored something." Decaon's voice was calm as he bit a Twizzler. "So, we going to just keep secrets from each other until it all comes back to bite us later, is that the plan?"

"Sean, I know this whole thing is a huge jagged pill to try and swallow, but we can't afford 'neverminds' when people's lives are at stake, kay bro?" He winked at him, trying to keep him aware that he wasn't 'coming down on him' just helping to see Deek's point of view. He reached out to Sean. "Twizzler?"

"Oh, I got a copy of the original Treaty by the way." He blurted it out as nonchalantly as his greeting to Mrs. Dorn. "Does anyone in here know what 'one half the key to the Kingdom of Hope' might look like?"

Sean's phone rang, the ringtone one the young man had been waiting all night for. Scowling, Sean pulled out the phone. "What the fuck, Dad?"

"Uh, what? Champ, I might say the same. And watch your language!" Dean Cassidy shot back after a moment of shocked silence. "Why were you calling after lights out, anyway?"

"You do know that I'm going to Dalton, right?" Sean said, his voice low. "Well, shit is happening again."

<... >

"... The Caramines are back."

<... >

"Oh, my God! You don't know!" Sean's voice was incredulous. "The treaty was only for thirty years, and now the time is up."

<... >

The raven-haired jock shook his head. "The Door is open, Dad. And it gets worse... One of their um... er, Shovats came through."

<... >

"It gets worse." Sean closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose with his fingers. "You see, well, the... guy was acting sorta like an asshole, and I may have said some things..."

<... >

Sean grimaced at his father's tone. "I got selected number one in the Harvest lottery?"

<... >

"It gets worse."

<... ... ... >

Sean pulled the phone away for s second before returning it to his ear. "Me and some of the other guys heard this weird music and ended up in the woods talking to another weird dude named Brahn, a Lhesk... I sound like such a retard. Anyway... the Shovat had these... dog-boy-things and we sorta... got rid of them. Also, Ms. Dorn found a body with a note listing some of the keys for other places."

<... >

"Um, well, yeah, two of them, with help." There was a growing tone of pride in Sean's voice as he continued. "I got bit, but Brahn's sister healed me. There's something about those Lhesk people..."

<... >

"Well, I'm not sure where they are now... I just got back... from Vanessa's..." Sean let out a slow sigh, "... Vena's."

<... >

Sean paused for a long moment before answering, his voice hesitant. "Why... why you got divorced. We had to go see her because some of the other girls met the Chiderans... and they had this necklace thing that pointed out Chiderans. They said that Vena could come home, now." Sean paused again, as if his next statement held some particular significance. "The necklace pointed at me."

<... >

"Wait Dad! Is it true?" Sean seemed almost desperate, but his voice dropped to a bare whisper. "What Vanessa said, about not being able to have boys?"

<... >

"Yeah, okay, I will. But we're gonna have to talk, there is something I got to know... Seeya soon."

Sean closed his cellphone and simply looked at it for a long moment before turning his attention back to the others. "Well, my Dad is flying down... with his girlfriend," Sean grumbled. "I apparently have to look after Candi's sister now too. Anybody know a Blaize Fairview?"

Zack nodded. "Supergirl."

He smiled. "She's good at just about everything she tries her hand at. I haven't seen her yet this semseter, but I had a class with her last semester."

He nods. "You're going to have your hands full keeping up with her."

Sean looked at Zack with a raised eyebrow and an openly doubtful expression. He mouthed the word 'supergirl', then snorted in disbelief, unable to reconcile a girl like her being related to a woman like Candi.

"Well, if you say so Zack." Sean stood up out of his chair, the front legs hitting the floor with a sharp snap. He rolled his shoulders, muscles rippling, then looked a question around the room. "Anyone know what dorm and room she's in? After last night, I might as well check in on her."

"Actually," Renata said, for the first time since her first question was ignored, "She's in my room."

She watched Sean for a second, then turned and said to Deacon, "Hey, 'Kingdom of Hope.' Doesn't that sound like some lame series on TNT where they have like, Reba McIntyre or Holly Hunter playing some spunky chick named Hope?" She dropped her voice a register and intoned, "Tonight, on a very special Kingdom of Hope."

Deek smirked at Renata. "Yeah, kinda thought the same thing, but it's in the treaty, so I figure there must be something important about it. I figure at this point, the more we can learn about all this terminology the better off we are."

"Not that anyone is listening." He chuckled sarcastically and he and Renata shared mirthful roll of the eyes.

Micah slowly opened the door, quietly making his way to an empty seat near the far corner of the room. He nodded to Sean by way of greeting, and took out a notepad as he sat down. Micah then gently rubbed the heel of his right hand over his heart. His eyes had gained a haunted, dark look since the events when he had stabbed himself, but he had not opened up to his roommate about what had prompted that decision. He looked over at Ms. Dorn and smiled wanly, "Who's gonna start this shin-dig?"

He began to write on the notepad and looked up only occasionally.

Unlike some of the others Jason looked no different than on any other work day, except for the folder and book on the desk in front of him.

Jason turned to Deacon and hands him a copy of the letter he recieved from his grandfather, "Well, I'm listening Deek. Last night after helping to kill the two dog-boy things that had accompanied the Shovat when he went round giving out numbers I got healed up by Brihn. Around that time Brahn revealed that my grandfather, you know Deek, old Zebidiah Beckett who had been head caretaker here until he died a couple of months ago. Anyway, it turns out he was a mage. While Zack, Everett and some other wondered through the Door to some paradise, Brihn took mme through to Lhesk."

He turns to Dorn, "The Door arrives in a guarded and fortified room, and I think they may have put a maze or something on the exit as well."

Addressing them all, he continues, "Anyway she gives me this," he shows them the book, "It's a primer for how to do magic that Zebidiah wrote while under Brihn's tuteluge. Dalton made him leave it behind when they closed the Door. Brihn also told me not to go to Lhesk with any questions, she would be back here sometime soon."

He gets some the rest of the copies of the letter out of his folder, "Last bit from me. This morning a letter from Zeb arrives in the post having been overlooked by the solicitors dealing with his estate. He mentions that he thought Dalton had screwed us over with the Treaty, and that the Kingdom of Hope is a mythical place meant to be like heaven and/or the source of great power to whoever can get there. Some people out there beyond the Doors are willing to fight, kill and die over it. So it sounds to me that Dalton giving the Carmines half the Key to opening a Door to the Kingdom was a pretty bad move by Dalton."

Click to reveal..

The letter from Zebidiah Beckett to Jason Beckett.

Grandson,

I always said that someday I'd tell you about my time at Dalton, and why things went badly there with your father. I got caught up in something that I let consume me, causing me a good relationship with your father. I let it make me a bad father, but it was all my fault. I hope you'll never find it, but I have my doubts on that. I know how Fate works; I've seen the cogs of the universe turn. And I know what Brihn told me - it is a family gift.

You're not going to understand much of what I say until a time that you see it for yourself. You have a chance to turn away, to stay out of the war, but to do that, you'll have to avoid Dalton altogether. And I know that will be hard, especially once you've read this message. You're more like me than I want to admit, if only because I would spare you the pain I've suffered. Fighting is neither easy nor safe. You could die. If you want to go on, go to the next page. Otherwise, feel free to get rid of this letter and never think of it again.

[second page]

If you don't avoid Dalton, let me tell you some truths. You can trust the Neri; they mean you no harm. Watch out for the Lhesk; while they'll be your allies, they have their own agenda. The Caramines are best described as complicated. They are warmongers and would no doubt try to invade us. But we did strike them first, and not just at them, but at their hearts. The Nine is some kind of council for them, some kind of mix between mystics and rulers. We don't even know if they're the same race as the Caramine, or even if there are Nine of them.

You'll probably have a lot of questions. Seek out the Neri, but you'll have to ask them directly, and make sure you're talking to a Lore Master. Their short lives mean that any information of value over a decade or so will only be in the heads of their Lore Masters.

[third page]

And watch out for the Doorkeepers. The Lhesk will tell you they're myths, but that's because those suckers don't want to admit that they aren't in full control of the use of the Doors. But I've seen one, tall, gangly bastard with a long, white face. They are rumored to have built the doors and can use them freely, without Keys. They're also supposed to have the Key to the Kingdom of Hope.

That's the next thing I should tell you. The Kingdom of Hope is Heaven and the Garden of Eden, all rolled into one. It's said that the person who finds their way there will get all the power and all the knowledge in the worlds. Sounds way too good to be true, to me, but people have fought and died for this, so keep your head about you when people start talking about it.

[fourth page]

The last thing you need to know won't do you much good, but it's good to know. Wilbur Dalton sold us out to the Caramines. He lost his nerve when it got real and gave them something important, something big, to get them off our backs. That's why I worked behind the scenes to keep them from letting him tear Lancaster down. Dalton might be willing to screw over the rest of the worlds to save Dalton, but I'm not. I've been trying to fix things, but no one but the Caramines and Dalton are the only ones who know what he gave, and how badly he screwed us.

This is a hell of a bad legacy I've left you, and I'm sorry for that. But we can't change the hand we're dealt, only how we play the game. Be strong. You'll need it.

Granddad

Everett reclined quietly his arms folded across his chest. This just kept getting better. Now Jason's a fucking wizard and Sean is an...I don't know what?! he thought to himself. As for himself, he knew something was different but he couldn't put his finger on exactly what.

He examined the letter as he laughed internally. He didn't know what was so funny, perhaps he was delirious. It had gone a long way in explaining things. He had been right to be wary of the Lhesk while the Neri did seem generally and genuinely hospitable.

"So what do we do now?" he piped up. Everett sat up before addressing Ms. Dorn "it seems like, after we regroup, we should look for this key to the door to the kingdom. Sounds like a lot is riding on it."

Originally Posted By: Renata
"Actually," Renata said, for the first time since her first question was ignored, "She's in my room."

"Oh, well then, that's convenient." Sean moved around to the other side of the table to where Renata was sitting next to Deek. He saw Micah slip in the door and nod. Sean held his gaze steady for a long moment, then slowly nodded back - there was enough weird shit going on anyway, to worry overmuch about a guy stabbing himslef with a fuckin' sword. But he was still considering getting a new roommate or no roommate at all.

When Sean reached Renata's side, he crouched down so his face was more level with hers. "So, what room are you girls in? You saw her this morning? She was fine?"

Waiting for her answer, Sean saw her make 'gimme' motions to Deek, and what Deacon had mentioned just before his Dad's phonecall finally penetrated. "Sorry about not saying anything, Deek, Dad's call got me distracted. But you found a copy of the Treaty? That's sweet! It mention anything about how to prolong the deal or whatever?"

Sean took the proferred Twizzler and bit off a piece, chewing slowly, giving himself time to think. Then he peered around Renata and looked at Deacon directly. "About the 'nevermind', Deek, think you can just let it go for now? Please? It, if it really is something - I'm not sure that it is - it won't effect anyone but me, I swear."

Amongst all the quiet side conversations and murmurings, the door to the room opened unobtrusively, and Frida slipped quietly in. She was holding what looked like a tube of some sort, stainless steel with caps on each end of it and a strap to carry it with. Without saying anything to anyone, she stepped behind the teacher's desk and laid the tube down on it. She unscrewed one end of it silently, and pulled out a roll of large, white sheets of rolled up artists paper. She picked up the tube and screwed the cap back on, then sat it off to the side. She unrolled the stack of paper, which was about 20" x 30" in size and filled up most of the desk. From where most people were sitting they could see that they looked to be very detailed drawings.

She quietly opened the drawers of the desk until she found what she was looking for, which happened to be a roll of tape. Then she began hanging up the pieces, one by one, on the large whiteboard in front of the class. They were done in what appeared to be a combination of pencil and oil pastels, in order to capture the intensity of color differences between skin and eye colors. First was Brihn, followed by her brother Brahn, with their pale skin and black eyes. Then there was the trio from the Ice Cream Social. There was one of the head of Vena's tribe of Amazons, along with eerily accurate drawings of the other ones who had been there. Finally, though with a moment of hesitation, she hung up drawings of Sean's mother and the two girls.

Finally, Frida stepped back, surveying her work. Underneath each drawing, in handwriting so refined it was almost Regency-era (though Sylvia knew that, irritatingly enough, that was what the girl's handwriting looked like all the time), was written an identifier for each person; names for the ones Frida knew, and titles for the ones she didn't. Each drawing was eerily perfect in detail, and looked identical to the actual person, no matter how short a time Frida had observed them for.

Finally, the young artist turned away from her drawings, back to the rest of the room. Her eyes met those of the people who had stopped to watch her, whether with curiosity or otherwise. After a long moment, without any of the self-conscious shrugs or fidgeting other people were prone too when finding themselves at the center of attention, Frida finally spoke.

"Well, I thought it might be a good idea to have images to compare. I do hope no one minds."

Sylvia smiled at the young artist. If ever there was a contrast to Deacon, Frida was it, and the girl's efforts were a welcome respite.

"I think it was an excellent idea, Frida, and thank you," she said warmly. With a small sigh, she turned back to Deacon. "Alright, let's take a look at this original treaty. Aside from this Kingdom of Hope - which, by the way, giving up the key for sounds like a really bad idea - maybe there are some other hints in there we can use."

Renata gave Sean a knowing, sarcastic smile. Oh yes...NOW he was all ears. Now that he knew that she knew Tits Mulligan, he was very ready to listen to her.

"She was fine," she replied, still holding out her hand. "She didn't hear the music, she wasn't at the party...she doesn't know any of this shit. Why? Do you know some reason she wouldn't be fine?"

Sean turned from Deek and saw the expression on Renata's face, his own going flat. "It's nothing like that, I don't even know what she looks like. She's my Dad's girlfriend's sister and after hearing what's going on, he asked me to check on her. So, if you can tell me her - your - room number, or at least what her first class is, I'd like to go check on her for myself. If you don't mind."

His hands tightened on the table as he waited for her answer. He turned his gaze away and noticed the portraits that Frida had taped up on the whiteboard, his mouth agape at the sight of his mother and sisters rendered in pencil and oil.

Sean waved Frida over, and after a moment of looking at him with her curious gaze, she came over. "Frida, do you think... I could have those portraits of Savannah and Cassandra - and Vanessa, I guess - after this meeting is done?" Seeing those portraits in life-like detail, Sean had just realized that he didn't have a single picture of his sisters or mother.

She nodded without hesitation, then glancing briefly back at the images to study them before turning back to Sean.

"Of course, I'd be more than happy for you to have them. If you'd like, I can have them matted and framed for you - I know someone here in town who handles all my pieces for me I need to have done while at school. I've donated four pieces to Dalton, did you know? There's one in the hallway of the Auditorium, one in the hall of the lower level of the observatory and two in different rooms of the Administration building. Anyway, that's only if you're planning on displaying them, of course - if you'd prefer to keep them stored, I'm certain I have spare storage tubes somewhere that will keep them safe for you without much hassle. Do let me know which you'd prefer?"

She tilted her head at Ryan, waiting patiently for a response, her mind already sorting through the selection of color and framework styles available at Bethany's Galleria to choose the most appropriate ones for the medium and colors.

Sean nodded his thanks to Frida, giving her arm a gentle squeeze. "Thanks, I mean it. I don't have any - but, yeah, framing would be good, choose whatever you think best, I can cover it." I think - how much can it cost to frame a picture? "And I'll take a peek at those other pictures you mentioned."

Sean stood back up, stretching, his strong arms and powerful shoulders straining the sleeves of his jersey. He ran his fingers through his glossy black hair then turned an earnest, but serious, expression on Frida. "If there is anything you need, any help you need, you can call on me, Frida, and I'll do what I can."

Frida shook her head slightly, smiling just a little at the handsome jock standing next to her. She didn't bother to mention that the art pieces themselves were worth far more than the framing would cost. Even Frida's skewed etiquette recognized that that would seem like bragging. Besides, she didn't want Sean to feel obligated to compensate her for those, either.

"Oh, please don't worry about the frames - it's all billed to me later anyway. After all, you are loaning me your car and all that. But thank you for your other offer - I'll let you know if anything ever comes up. With all this madness, one never knows when they might need some sort of assistance, do they?"

She looked pleased as they talked, and it dimmed the eeriness that usually surrounded her, giving her a more ethereal quality, at least for the moment. It was nice, to be spoken with instead of avoided, and treated more like a regular person instead of an oddity. It probably wouldn't last long, but she was glad to have it, nonetheless.

"Oh, well, thanks, Frida. And yeah, I never expected private school to be like this. We're really gonna have to look after each other, here." Sean looked at Frida with new eyes, his smile friendly - she wasn't nearly as weird while having a conversation. Pretty cute too. I can't believe I just gave her the keys to a seventy-five to hundred thousand dollar car.

Sean broke off his talk with Frida as Renata spoke up. "Thanks, Renata. I'm just gonna take a quick peek, enough weird shit is going on, I don't want to wait till later and find out Blaize is missing. That Caramine sword chick might still be out there still."

Sean headed out the door on the way to Lancaster House. "I'll be back in a few minutes, Ms. Dorn, just gotta check up on someone."

"Well, as riveting as the whole 'framing' conversation is," Deek slid the original copy of the treaty out onto the table. "Here's the original copy of the treaty. I haven't had time to do much research on it but since every time one us finds a clue another of us is provided with a complete explanation of that clue, I'd say if we just hold out a bit longer all the answers will fall right into our lap, law of averages n' all that."

With the treaty on the table he let everyone take a look. "Whatever our fore runners did they seemed to have left us pretty much everything we need to win. Letters, documentation, you name it. The bottom line is ladies and gentleman is that today we grow up. This is not some fairy tale, it's not some movie, and it's certainly not some play-by-post internet game where we can just walk away from it and it'll go away."

He leaned back in his chair and swivled it from side to side. "So far some of us have seen the impossible over and over again and still can't seem to get our head screwed on straight," he looked at Sean briefly then moved on. "Now I've had a hard time swallowing some of this stuff myself, but I'm a scientist people, I've worked 'the impossible' since I was ten."

"Lives are at stake here, our lives. I'm not about to trust a single person in this room with my life or anyone else's until I'm one hundred percent sure they've left their drama at the door and are ready to take of the Good Fight with the seriousness it demands." He threw is his feet up onto the table and his pink bunny slippers wiggled about as he took another bite from a Twizler. "Once we take a look at that treaty we'll decide where to go from there."

Despite what people thought of Deacon he seemed to have natural leadership qualities. The scientist was right. The first thing they needed to do was examine and learn the particulars of this treaty. Everett moved closer to the table in order to get a better look at the treaty.

"Deacon's right, we need to understand this treaty" he directed his gaze about the room as he spoke.

Sean headed out of the room and down the hall, exiting the General Learning Building next to the Science Annex. Instead of cutting through the Quad, he headed between the Persephone and the Science Annex, moving in a quick, effortless lope to Lancaster.

I can't believe this, there's something just plain weird about looking for a girl who's the sister to someone your dad is sleeping with. Surprised her name isn't Bambi or Tiffany or something. She's probably one of those annoying airheads, though if she looks anything like Candi... Ugh! Stop it! You're already got enough weird goin' on.

Sean reached Lancaster and entered the building, heading for the open access areas. He didn't have to worry about Ms. Dorn, but he kept his eyes open for Mr. Burke as he surreptitiously slipped into the girls' wing of the co-ed dorm. He took the stairs two at a time up to the second floor.

More than one girl in the halls looked at him, some with smiles, others with almost-indignation. He just gave them a guilty grin and a shrug, as if to say, 'Yeah, yeah, I know, but what else I'm supposed to do?', and prayed they wouldn't go tattle to the faculty.

For once, it seemed something went his way, for when Sean stood outside room two-oh-eight, the hall was blessedly empty.., It was sort of eerie actually.

Sean knocked twice on the door, sharp, but not too hard. "Blaize? Blaize Fairview, are you in there?" he asked, keeping his voice low, but pitched to penetrate to the room. After a moment, he knocked and inquired again, but still got no answer. He waited another long moment, then decided on being a more direct.

"I'm coming in." Sean looked looked down the hall in both directions, then went to open the door, with the intention of just poking his head inside.

"Yikes!" The outraged feminine yip stopped him, but not before he saw a girl with lovely red hair gyrating her lush, barely clad body. Her green eyes were wide as she pulled the earphones off her head; Sean could hear loud rock coming out of them as they came to rest on her neck. She snatched up a robe and pulled it on over her spaghetti strap top and boy-shorts.

“You’re a boy! You can’t be in here!” she cried, looking both angry and afraid.

He didn't satisfy Deacon with any sort of acknowledgment, instead he reached forward for it as did several others. Being more polite, he allowed the others to have it and waited his turn, wondering if the awakened ability he'd found out about last night could provide some answers.

This would also allow him some time to formulate questions should it actually work.

"Oops! Damn! Daayum!" Sean quickly turned his back on the teen goddess, though it felt like his eyeballs were going to tear out of their sockets. Mmmm, red hair... Damnit!

Sean pressed his back against the door, though he left the door slightly ajar so that the girl could hear him clearly. He spoke quickly, hoping to cut off any other exclamations before he got his reasons out.

"Sorry, sorry. Please, can ya keep it down abit? I don't want to get busted. Are you Blaize Fairview?"

"Yes, I am. Now, who are y-"

"Oh, good! I'm Sean Cassidy and your sister is dating my dad. They're comin' down to Dalton, and they asked me to check up on you - to see that you're alright. There's... nevermind! Are you? Alright I mean?"

Sean was proud that he didn't actually try for another peek through the crack in the door, though is was a strain. Don't be a pig, I thought you liked Lorelei. I did - do! I do! But I haven't seen her nearly naked yet either, and shit! Did you see her? That has to be Candi's sister. Tits aren't everything y'know. I know, and Lorelei is gorgeous, with that musical voice and eyes to drown in, but Hell! I'm still a sixteen year-old boy. They are fuckin' spectacular... Now just imagine, Dad is fucking the mature version of that.

Fuck you.

Archived