Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - The Game [Mature]

Mech

We have alot of older style real wood furniture with more traditional carving and form, and several pictures have wolves, cougars or bobbcats in them for local predators. Also there's plenty with Deer, rabbit and other forest dwelling wildlife."

"As far as couches and chairs and such, I know Connor's home is alot of wood paneling and light brown carpet. I've got alot of leather and fau-leather, and some tear-resistant regular furniture."

H smiles at both of them. "Honestly, one Dog like yours is hard on furniture, but you've got two."

He nods to Aurora. "I assume you've already met the girls. How do you like his freakishly huge dogs?"

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John smiles and nods, allowing the couple their moment. Connor kisses her back gently and then looks to John.

"Spoke like a woman in love."

Connor smiles. "I like the one of the Mountain Lion stalking the deer, and that sunset in the bayou picture. I'll take both of those and the Valley view Kincaid."

He looks to Aurora. "What about you? anything striking your fancy?"

She looked around the store for a bit, then she pointed out some couches and chairs done in a lovely burgandy color. "I like the color on these, though I suppose we need to make sure that they tough enough to withstand whatever abuse the dogs may bring to them." She smiled at Conner a moment, before turning to look some more.

"A couple of the rooms would make a good guest rooms, or the like, darling, perhaps we should decorate them according to a particular color theme?"

"I'm partial to earth tones, mainly because it goes with the pannelling, though dark green would work too. Those faux-leather couches did well enough, and I'm going to need at least one bed for one of the rooms, preferrably one of the oak hardwood fames you've got."

John nods, pulling out his note pad and making note of Connor's requests and Aurora's. "Anything else?"

Connor looks and shakes his head. "Nothing for me."

John nods. "The couch and three chairs, the bed and the art, $6400. Regular retail. I assume you want it delivered today?"

"If possible."

He makes another note. "With all things factored in for delivery and all we'll call it $6000."

Connor nods. "Good enough. Thanks John."

"Nice meeting you Aurora."

He nods. "I know one place, considering the pictures we chose."

He smiles, taking her to another small shop on the other side of town, called Deacon's. Inside there's hundreds of carved figurines, most of them animals, and many of them predators. A young woman greets them. "Mr. Fontenot, I didn't expect to see you.."

"I came to look at some of the native peices hes' done, Cypress, pine, and white Oak. Also if he's got any driftwood pices and mahogany. The young lady, Sarah, led them over to what had to be the more pricey section of the store, and smiled. "We've got several wolfpack Fireplace framers, Mountain lion booke ends, and a Coyote and a bobcat lamps done right now, both lamps are cypress or oak, and We've got several mahogany horses and deer, bucks and doe."

She points to the far wall. "All of Dad's fish and driftwood pieces are over there."

"Thanks Sarah."

She watched him quietly while they traveled to the next store, just studying him, and enjoying being with him. When they finally arrived were he was taking her, she got out of the jeep, waited, and then followed him into the store.

Looking around, she smiled. "Oh, this is lovely Conner, much better then statues, I didn't even think about wood carvings, they would add to ambiance the house much better."

She looked over the carved figurines. "I like the eagles, the owls, and the wolf pack there is very nice." She wandered around to look at some of the lamps. "The wild horses here are also a nice touch."

Connor nods making notes, and selects a pair of driftwood speckled trout, and One of the only small Mahogany black bears.

He nods to Sarah. "We'll take all of these." He hands her the list and her eyes grow big.

"Let me have a moment, I'll get your total."

She comes back a few minutes later. "Dad said your total is going to be $700."

Sounds good. "Tell him he can pack them up and bring them to the house today."

She nods and Connor leads Aurora back to the jeep.

"Dad and Deacon know each other, he helped him establish this place years ago. He's also one of his most selective customers."

"Sounds like they are old friends then." She said, as she got back into the jeep beside Conner, and reached out to squeeze his knee. "I also love flowers, humming birds, dragons, unicorns and faeries, for pictures, but I'm not sure how well those choices mix with yours, darling. And, we need to get curtains, a lot of the rooms didn't have any that I saw."

"Dragons and hummingbirds I can handle no worries. In your room, you can have whatever you like." Connor nods. "No Mini-blinds were normally all I needed in the windows." He drives back to the mall and stops at one of the bigger department stores.

"He leads her into the Penny's, and then asks where the curtains were, he takes her there. "This place has one of the better selections."

She smiled at that, then turned to put her arms around Conner's neck, and kissed him enthuastically, before she responded to his words. "Funny, I was going to ask you what made you happiest, darling, I'm done hunting for stuff now, we don't have to do it all in one day.. let's go home."

She smiled, leaned forward and kissed him, and her dress, which was eufiber, slides off her like water, until she is wearing nothing but jewelry, in particular the ring and necklace he got her earlier. She then leans forward to nibble on his ear, and in a low husky tone, responds with "Guess."

"I thought it might be something like that." He took her to his bedroom and made love to her there up to the point he heard the buzzer for the Delivery. "Hold that thought love." He rushes down stairs his eufiber reforming into shorts and a shirt from the collar around his neck and takes care of the delivery, all the art anf furniture from their shopping spree now residing in the main foyer of the mansion.

He tipped them and they left, then he returned upstairs to Aurora. "So, where were we?"

When the buzzer rang, she let him go with only a slight hesitation, though she held back the nearly instinctive protest, after all, he did need to take care of it, and she was the one who had chosen all of those things. She held out her hands to him as he returned to the room, she put her arms around his neck, and whispered in his ear. "I'll let you decide, beloved."

She inspected the various pictures, artwork, and other things that they had selected, and then began to find places for them, looking to make the house look more lived in. Especially she focused on the empty rooms, but she also found a few spots where some pictures or artwork could enhance some of the rooms that were being used. It might take a few weeks, and some time decorating, but in time it should look more warm and inviting.

Archived