Mutants & Masterminds: Galactic League - Scheherazade's Medical Bay

Krul

Originally Posted By: [Chance

“Does that mean ‘yes’ or ‘no’? I can’t really tell what you want from me, Dr. Terrance. The issue is, no matter what I do when I access the Shemhazai Sorcery you can never predict what will happen. The only constant is that it’ll change my body, starting from my back and spreading over my entire body. I can’t tell you what kind of sorcery is ‘safe’ and what not. What shall I demonstrate? Do you have anything particular in mind? Like I said everything is possible using magic and there is no spell I cannot weave or cast.”

Chance voice bore no pride or expressed any admiration for her own capabilities. It was something that she had to accept. Amanda could imagine that if someone else would wield such power that it would corrupt that person but Chance had no ‘lust’ for power. She could not feel any indication that Chance desire power or was in any way corrupted herself although there was some kind of lingering, heavily suppressed dark presence.

“There is something else you should know…”, Chance hesitated before she continued searching Amanda’s eyes. “…I derive no nourishment from food. It turns to ashes in my mouth and everything I drink turns to bile… only blood gives me nourishment.”

Amanda gave Chance a long look, then she smiled slightly. "That is easily enough solve, come to me if you need blood, I am certainly willing to provide it." She held out her hand to Chance, as a clear offer should she need blood now. "Even if you somehow were overwhelmed and drained me, I would survive just fine, as long as one of my sister selves exists, I can't really die." In response to the other question, however, she shook her head. "As to the magic, no, no need, not if it's that variable, and dangerous."

Originally Posted By: Krul
Amanda gave Chance a long look, then she smiled slightly. "That is easily enough solve, come to me if you need blood, I am certainly willing to provide it." She held out her hand to Chance, as a clear offer should she need blood now. "Even if you somehow were overwhelmed and drained me, I would survive just fine, as long as one of my sister selves exists, I can't really die." In response to the other question, however, she shook her head. "As to the magic, no, no need, not if it's that variable, and dangerous."

Amanda sensed a sudden change of demeanor in Chance. Chance’s eyes focused on the offered arm and she slightly opened her mouth as her already elongated canines grew another inch.

Chance made a step forward while she tried to avert her gaze raising her arms in defense. “No… please… I… I got to keep this… suppressed for as long as I can…”, it was physically draining her to resist and her breathing got faster yet shallow.

“Amanda… I thank you… for your generous offer. But don’t offer your…”, she gasped suddenly as she felt the legion stir inside her longing for the precious blood, “… self like that… It’s like offering an addict his fix… I…”, she panted and stumbled backwards unable to finish her sentence.

For a moment it seemed as if Chance would lose consciousness but then Amanda felt another shift inside Chance. With an iron grip she took control of the legion and forced herself into a meditative trance. Chance rested on her knees her hands on her thighs and the robes spreading around her like some alien black fluid. Chance’s eyes were half opened and the glow reduced to a very faint sparkle revealing her natural hazel eyes underneath.

It was obviously going to be very challenging to keep an eye on Chance and her condition, maybe it would be wise to ask her before taking any kind of action. Unexpected changes seemed to have a rather negative effect on her.

Originally Posted By: Rorx
Kat glances blanly at the holographic displays around him for a while before replying, "Well, Doc, has there been any noticeable changes since the last scan?"

She looked over the charts and displays, then shook her head. "Nothing new, it's all in prefect order, your done here." She saved and locked the file, and then turned to him. "You can get dressed and go. If you see Karong or T'aeg, can you please send them here?"

Originally Posted By: [Chance
]
Originally Posted By: Krul

Amanda sensed a sudden change of demeanor in Chance. Chance’s eyes focused on the offered arm and she slightly opened her mouth as her already elongated canines grew another inch.

Chance made a step forward while she tried to avert her gaze raising her arms in defense. “No… please… I… I got to keep this… suppressed for as long as I can…”, it was physically draining her to resist and her breathing got faster yet shallow.

“Amanda… I thank you… for your generous offer. But don’t offer your…”, she gasped suddenly as she felt the legion stir inside her longing for the precious blood, “… self like that… It’s like offering an addict his fix… I…”, she panted and stumbled backwards unable to finish her sentence.

For a moment it seemed as if Chance would lose consciousness but then Amanda felt another shift inside Chance. With an iron grip she took control of the legion and forced herself into a meditative trance. Chance rested on her knees her hands on her thighs and the robes spreading around her like some alien black fluid. Chance’s eyes were half opened and the glow reduced to a very faint sparkle revealing her natural hazel eyes underneath.

It was obviously going to be very challenging to keep an eye on Chance and her condition, maybe it would be wise to ask her before taking any kind of action. Unexpected changes seemed to have a rather negative effect on her.

She paused to save the information that she was able to collect, and then she carefully considered the young woman who was now meditating in the center of the room. "The offer remains open, as your Doctor, after all, I must see to your physical and mental health. However, for the time being, we're done here, you can go, although, you are welcome to remain here until you've regained full control over yourself, but the room is no longer quarantined."

Kat shrugs, "Certainly Doctor, I'll pass it on if I see them." and gets dressed, thinking Well that was the waste of time I expected it to be, but I suppose it will keep some bureaucrat happy somewhere to have the tick in that particular box.

Leaving the sickbay he heads towards his quarters, considering which of the subjects he wanted to study up on to start with.

Archived