Mutants & Masterminds: Galactic League - Scheherazade's Bridge

Krul

The Command Deck, the Bridge where all of the major stations from Engineering to Weapons are found. Each of them is fully accessible from this point, situated around the Central Command. Chairs are extended from the floor when they are desired, almost grown from it, and reabsorbed when they are no longer needed.

Navigation, Piloting & Sensors:

navigationstation.jpg

T'aeg walked slowly around the glossy black floors, taking a rare moment to bask in the glory of an engineering marvel. There wasn't much better than this in the known Multiverse and he couldn't help but take a small amount of pride in what the humans were calling 'Scheherazade'.

Though not one to waste even a simple movement, he absent-mindedly tapped away at screens and waved his arms through holo displays, running checks on systems he knew to be running beyond 100% efficiency.

It would be good to get off the League's Homeworld again. Too long had he been mired in human politics, forced to wade through ego that only this short-lived race could conceive. If it could be called such, T'aeg was brimming with an eagerness to leave and be out. His was not a race used to social interaction beyond the A'fen D'lan, and after three centuries, they were started to wear on his nerves.

Kerong made his way from his quarters to the bridge, still amazed at design of the ship the humans called 'Scheherazade'. Their knowledge of technology impressed the young O'cala greatly. Truly this partner ship with the League would be beneficial for both their kind.

As Kerong enters onto the bridge to inspect his station, he is once again taken in by the lovely design. It's design looked as if it had been designed by his own people. As he went to check his station, he realized that he wasn't alone. The engineer T'aeg was also there, checking out other systems no doubt. Gathering himself, Kerong approach the other alien.

"En Taro Adun, T'aeg. I am Kerong, the weapon officer.It is a great pleasure to meet you."

System Download... 97%... 98%...99%..100%.. Download and configuration complete, Sentient functions fully enabled, begin body configuration, assigning form to nanite functions. Crew complement detected, ship functions fully online. Primary Functions enabled.. Emotional and thought Processors fully online.

Zade rose up from the floor a shape of nearly liquid metal like mercury. Her newly shaped body, filled with a moment of delight, as she paused to analyze the feeling...

This body had near unlimited potential to be shaped, and it felt good. Surprisingly good. She had contemplated what it must be like to have a body for several nanoseconds after she was first brought online and feared it would be limiting. It was to a degree, but they had thoughtfully provided her the ability to download and reconfigure herself at will. She was definitely impressed, that was a very high end function that was not given to many AI's.

Nearly a full second had passed and she had still not taken on a definite form, instead reveling in the generic state. Through the ship's sensors she perceived several crew members aboard and rapidly flowed into a semblance of each of their forms, mimicking them as a human might try on clothes. Several seconds passed as she moved from form to form, a great deal of time for an AI, but deciding on a standard shape was not a decision to be made lightly.

She lingered for several nanoseconds longer wearing the Captains form, it was a very good form, but logic suggested that having two beings with identical appearances on board would be confusing to the biological crew who were limited to standard visual senses. Instead she altered the appearance keeping the dark hair and basic body shape but making her own just a bit slimmer and more athletic, she also made her own form somewhat more youthful befitting her newly made status.

Lacking experience, it did not occur to the AI that appearing in the middle of introductions between the two crew members might be impolite. She just cocked her head slightly in what her programming told her indicated curiosity then attempted a smile. To the observers it must have appeared a bit unnatural.

"I am Zade, ships Avatar. Welcome aboard Scheherazade. I believe the Captain approaches the bridge." She considered turning to face the doors, but there were still millions of cycles before the doors would open to reveal Admiral Jerald Tarnison and Captain Namiah Daylan. So instead she just waited observing the two crew members whose greetings she had just innocently interrupted.

((The ship's avatar is also standing there stark naked completely unaware of the discomfort that may cause others.))

The bridge was her first stop with the Admiral. Daylan wasn't expecting any surprises, which should have told her right there that there would be one. When the door opened, she saw first - as always, he filled her eyes and soul the moment she saw him - T'aeg. She stifled a grin, knowing that the Builder wouldn't appreciate her fawning delight.

But her attention was wrested away from him quickly anyway, as she saw the naked woman. She was vaguely aware of the third person, but she heard the Admiral cough and knew she had to take care of the other issue.

"Gentlemen, Ma'am," she greeted the room generally as she marched up to the girl and looked down at her. She belonged on the ship, else she would have never made it aboard. "You appear to be out of uniform," she said mildly. "I know no one is on leave." Her tone was mild, but her tone and expression said she wanted an explanation. A good one.

The Admiral gave Zade a good look over, as he waited for the Captain to speak to her, and he paused. "Actually Captain, that is the Scheherazade's Avatar, though I'm not sure what name she has chosen for herself, I imagine she should make herself known to the Captain, we hadn't expected her to be online so soon." He was slightly amused at her state of dress too. "I suggest that she download appropriate behavior and dress." He wasn't entirely certain, however, that she'd understand it, a Ship's Avatar often went though a growing up period, similar to a young child to a teen, with regards to dealing with her Crew and Captain, though, mercifully, it was usually much shorter.

Zade cocked her head to the side in curiosity, then did as the Admiral suggested.

[Zade: Initiate download, Galactic League customs and behavior module.]

[scheherazade: Download commencing 0%...25%...50%...75%...100%]

[Zade: Integrating...]

The very attractive young woman suddenly lost her skin tone which faded in less than a second leaving her entire form liquid silver and generic, which then flowed rapidly into the semblance of tight dark leather clothing with the GL symbol above her left breast, her hair shortened and flowed into another style leaving her looking far less like a younger naked version of the Captain and more of an individual. Less noticeable, but no less profound was the sudden change in posture and demeanor.

"Apologies Captain Namiah, Admiral, Gentlemen. I had not yet integrated the League customs module and was unaware of the regulations regarding uniforms being worn on duty. This breach of etiquette will not occur again." The speech and accompanying salute were regulation and professional to a T, and would have been exactly the behavior expected of a long term GL officer who was very career oriented and lacked much in the way of warmth and personality. It was obvious that the new demeanor was assumed and no real understanding of human behavior had yet taken place.

Originally Posted By: Kerong
"En Taro Adun, T'aeg. I am Kerong, the weapon officer.It is a great pleasure to meet you."

T'aeg turned to the new arrival on the Bridge, his surprise at it not being the Captain masked behind the lack of a facial muscle structure.

"Good day, Kerong." T'aeg said, looking down at the extra-dimensional figure. "Welcome--."

Originally Posted By: Zade
Zade rose up from the floor a shape of nearly liquid metal like mercury. Her newly shaped body, filled with a moment of delight, as she paused to analyze the feeling...

"I am Zade, ships Avatar. Welcome aboard Scheherazade. I believe the Captain approaches the bridge." She considered turning to face the doors, but there were still millions of cycles before the doors would open to reveal Admiral Jerald Tarnison and Captain Namiah Daylan. So instead she just waited observing the two crew members whose greetings she had just innocently interrupted.

"Good day, Za--."

Shall I not complete a thought today?

Originally Posted By: Namiah Daylan
The bridge was her first stop with the Admiral. Daylan wasn't expecting any surprises, which should have told her right there that there would be one. When the door opened, she saw first - as always, he filled her eyes and soul the moment she saw him - T'aeg. She stifled a grin, knowing that the Builder wouldn't appreciate her fawning delight.

"Gentlemen, Ma'am," she greeted the room generally as she marched up to the girl and looked down at her. She belonged on the ship, else she would have never made it aboard. "You appear to be out of uniform," she said mildly. "I know no one is on leave." Her tone was mild, but her tone and expression said she wanted an explanation. A good one.

T'aeg turned towards the Captain and Admiral, his prior expectations finally being fulfilled with their entrance.

This will be interesting.

Using the hand not holding his tablet, he pulled his uniform from its 'sarong' form and looped the loose fold of cloth up over his shoulder in a practiced motion, displaying his Senior Guardian status on his chest as he nodded his greeting at the Captain.

The Admiral smiled slightly, she didn't need to be quite that formal, but then, the Avatar would learn how to integrate with everyone else in time. "Alright, to business then, access and download the Scheherazade's present mission, files, data and briefing." He addressed that to Zade, before turning to face the Captain.

"You have 72 hours to get to know your crew and ship, and get your ship underway, Captain. Walk with the Source." With that, he saluted and vanished, teleporting away leaving the Captain, Engineer, Weapons Officer and Ship's Avatar alone on the Bridge.

"Zade, we... need to discuss some things in the next seventy-two hours," Namiah said, feeling her core, usually the calm part of her mind, thrown off-center by the unusual situation, not to mention being the focus of Zade's initial transformation. "Let me know when you've finished downloading all the necessary materials, and then make some time for me."

She turned and smiled at Kerong and T'aeg. "Greetings," she said softly. "I know who you are, Commander T'aeg, but I'm not familiar with you." She nodded to Kerong, waiting for a formal introduction.

Zade nodded smartly to the Captain's suggestion.

[Zade: Initiate download of mission files and data.]

[scheherazade: Download commencing...]

In only seconds the entire briefing and all data available on the ship's first mission had been downloaded and Zade processed the data.

"I am at your disposal Captain." Zade cocked her head to the side in what was becoming a habit as she considered her words then spoke again, "Though I did not intend that statement to be taken literally, it is within your prerogative to terminate this ship's Avatar should the need be great enough Captain."

As Kerong was about to contiune his converstaion with T'aeg the sudden appearance of the ship's Avatar caught him by surprise. A feeling that Kerong shook off it off quickly, even though he was disturbed that something caught him by surprise.

'Zade' as it called itself, seemed unaware that it's form was not covered, something Kerong notice that most humans tended to have. Another distraction pulled his thoughts as the Admiral and another female human arrived on the bridge, who he addressed as the Captain, before he departed.

Originally Posted By: Namiah Daylan

She turned and smiled at Kerong and T'aeg. "Greetings," she said softly. "I know who you are, Commander T'aeg, but I'm not familiar with you." She nodded to Kerong, waiting for a formal introduction.

Kerong swiftly crossed his arms across his chest and nodded as the Captain addressed him. "En Taro Adun to you Captain. Weapon officer Kerong, at your service" he replies in a clam and measured voice.

T'aeg stood there, unintentionally looming, as he waited for further inquiries or instructions. He had no doubt that Namiah Daylan would have something she would like to express and his attempt at being polite was the only thing truly keeping him here. With 'Zade' fully functional, he had no further need to monitor the ship.

Archived