Mutants & Masterminds: Galactic League - Scheherazade's Holodeck

Krul

Chance was totally astounded by the open mindedness of her fellow crew members. They totally trusted whatever their superiors imposed on them - even a demon possessed witch was no problem for them. Chance was sure it wasn't naivite - these people were decorated members of the Galactic League - they knew what they were doing.

The writhing underneath her robes was slowly subsiding as she exerted full control over her body again. A sigh of relief escaped her mouth and she smiled again which was barely visible.

"I thank you all for your kindness. You don't know how much that means to me.", she looked at Kataran leaning a bit sideways to get in his line of sight.

"I don't recommend using any powers of the mind on me - it could be one of the worst experiences you make. I don't want to threaten you - it's a fair warning. Maybe Sapphire can relate her experience to you, then you'll have an idea what can and will happen. It's something I can't... turn off.", her voice sounded apologeticc

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaien looks at Sapphire and smiles. "Indeed."

He looks to Chance. "Have you had the time to find your quarters and transfer your kit over?" I think we oughta get you settled in, never really know when we could be ordered to head out at this point."

"It has already been taken care of, thanks. I don't own much... not anymore.", Chance saw how Kaien managed to refocus his attention on her after Sapphire reclined into a position that was most distracting. Even she had to oggle the incredibly gorgeous woman and felt a spike of jealousy. How could she compete with someone like her? The men would be totally absorbed by her but maybe that was a good thing. Chance wasn't sure how she could maintain any kind of relationship given her condition. Probably never...

The young woman slowly slumped her shoulders forward as some of her thoughts made her realize that she'd always be alone. It looked like something Kaien said made her sad although it was impossible to tell what exactly.

"Oh, you don't need to worry on my account Chance." Kataran replied in a friendly fashion, "The only thing I'd be likely to do would be to communicate, and that I can keep to a send only so that I wouldn't be reading anything from you at all. The same ability is one of the functions of the Guardian Uniform normally, although I believe they customised mine a little since I already had that ability."

Kat looks around the group, "Well, if we are mainly waiting for the rest of the crew and some orders would it be worth getting a tour of the ship? I've had a quick look around the public access areas before I came down here, but it might be worth having a look in person."

*Kataran, do not, under any account, use any intrusive mental contact with Chance - those inside... I am not sure if it will apply to psychic communicaton as well, but I will tell you when I find out.* Kataran could feel a curious blend of trepidition and resolve from Sapphire's mental warning.

She felt the flash of jealous heat, then the cool breeze of sadness from Chance, and sighed. She settled back to her feet, a pair of spike-heeled, amethyst sandals materializing on her feet, the glossy straps twining past her knees. As Sapphire strode closer to Chance, her smile as warm as always, a thick longcoat of gleaming, deep indigo draped her form - if it didn't completely conceal her hourglass figure, at least it was opaque.

"But you do own this, now," Sapphire said to Chance, the sapphire sculpture lifting into the air under telekinetic fingers. "Come, Sheherazade - exit." Sapphire looped her arm with one of Chance's and led her to the exit that shimmered into view, looping her other arm with Kataran's as she passed him, the sculpture following behind like a well trained pet.

"We'll drop your gift off at your quarters, Chance, then take a look-see around the bridge and engineering. Sounds good to everyone?"

Though she asked, Sapphire didn't stop leading her adopted charges out of holodeck. Chance and Kataran both could feel brief contact from her firm hips as they swung from side to side with her seductively swaying stride.

*I don't know any intrusive abilities, unless you count Mind Switch which I have only recently learnt, and I would never consider doing that with a fellow crewmember anyway. I will wait to be guided by you with regards the communication ability, but we should find out soon as it is the default ranged communication ability built into everyone's Guardian Uniform.*

"Bridge and Engineering sounds fine to me, although I doubt I'll find myself in Engineering very often. I need to work on my Astrogation a lot before I even consider brushing up on my engineering skills."

Chance didn't put up much of a resistance and so she let herself be 'taken' along by Sapphire. She simply nodded at the suggested tour and smiled briefly as she felt the generously gifted endowed woman sway her hips against hers.

"Thanks again, Sapphire. I guess I owe you something now.", she reinforced her hold on the volouptous beauty and tried to ignore the brief moments of jealousy she felt each time she got a glimpse of the incredibly curvaceous woman. Her steps got more and more unsteady the longer they walked through the ship. The constant longing of the legion inside her were tearing at her sanity. Sapphire was what every single one of them desired most. Having her would be their ultimate goal.

Suddenly Chance tucked away from Sapphire and took a few steps away from her. "I can't do this... sorry. I just can't.", she looked at the other crew members and then turned around and ran in the opposite direction - she had to get away from Sapphire it was getting too much for her.

Kaien looked at the others for a moment and then took off after chance, now concern marring his face. He realizes she's moving as fast as he can and sighs, vanishing in a flash of blue light, reappearing in front of her. The sudden appeareance of the handsome man suprised her enough that she lost her footing and began to fall, only to be caught by Kaien and pulled up to her feet in his arms.

"Whatever's wrong Chance, we're crewmates now. We will help you however we can. There's nothing to be affraid of."

He gave her his most calming and reassuring smile. "Seriously. the Crew is the one group of people you'll never have to run from. We stick together."

Chance gasped in surprise and looked up at Kaien her hood slowly slipping off her head. Her eyes widened and she stared at him helplessly. "You don't understand - bad things will happen if I don't... if I lose control..."

He could see her face and hair now. She had long brunette hair and her features were delicate and actually beautiful. On second look he could see that her face was covered with mystical symbols, tattoos and runes which faintly glowed in red and blue. As he reinforced his hold on her something seemed to move underneath the robes. Whatever that movement was it slowly started to cover parts of her face - it looked like some kind of bio organic armor... or skin. It had an alien almost demonic quality and her eyes glowed even more sinister now and he could see the lust for murder flickering in it.

"Let me go!", she urged him her voice partially distorted by something that came from deep within her but she was helpless in his strong arms. Tears were running down her cheeks, she looked as if she was in terrible pain. "You don't understand... please, I beg you..."

Something on her back was changing, too. Her general shape was getting larger?

"Ensign Chance, regain control of yourself." The order was given in a firm voice, not an unkind voice, but one that expected to be obeyed. "Lieutenant Commander Saotome, please release the Ensign." Captain Namiah Daylan stood at the turn of the corridor, her expression stoic and composed. She was wearing her uniform, and her green eyes were bright in the overhead lights.

Captain Daylan had been walking through her new command, learning the corridors and rooms that made her body. It had been calm, peaceful - the perfect time to walk with a measured stride and quietly consider her new fate. The admiral's words were the focus of her thoughts, that oracles had determined that she and her new crew would somehow be decisive in the future.

She confessed to being unsettled. The composition of her crew was interesting, and she couldn't help notice that many of them had personal ties to her. The rest were unique or otherwise above par. It was somewhat unnerving to consider the kind of threat that would require the composition of this crew.

Running feet and loud pleading had broken Captain Daylan's concentration. Frowning, she had turned the corner to find the disturbance, and now, she was waiting quietly for her orders to be carried out. She had no doubt that they would be followed, and followed immediately.

Chance immediately dropped to her knees and clutched her body with her arms breathing heavily and chanting a quiet mantra to calm herself down. The writhing slowly subsided until it was completely gone. The alien skin retreated back from her face and disappeared somewhere in the depths of her cloak. Chance quickly donned the hood again and wiped away the tears that had wetted her cheeks.

She slowly stood up and kept her head down as she was used from her training in the Mystic Circle. "I deeply apologize for my misbehaviour Captain... I was overwhelmed with...", she didn't really know how to explain what Sapphire did. Her mere presence was putting a strain on her focus... and Kaien was the first male she had met in quite some time now. She was part of an only female circle and men were generally avoided during her time as apprentice.

"I accept any punishment of course to redeem myself in your eyes."

Click to reveal..

Darkness, Glee, if they could not have Sapphire, this one would be acceptable substitute. At the very least, he had power, power to drink and devour. This time it wasn't words at all, simply emotions and desires, as they attempted to overwhelm the young woman who was both mistress and prison. Maybe, if they could obtain freedom long enough, they could take both of them, that would be quite... lovely. Then the Captain's voice managed to give the Ensign strength to establish self-control, together with her chants it spoiled their attempt to take control.

Captain Daylan quirked an eyebrow, looking down at the kneeling woman. "Of course you will," she said, smiling slightly. "And I assure you, the punishment will be most arduous." Her green eyes moved from the living prison kneeling on the floor to the stiff warrior. "At ease. Lt. Commander, I await your verbal report on his matter."

She was absolutely sure that this situation wasn't what it had looked like when she'd come around the corner. Saotome had displayed none of the psychological markers that would indicate sexual sadism or insatiable desires for controlling others through sex. His records indicated that he was a capable man of action who defended the weak, not preyed upon it. But it was always good to get the information from the source, and so she folded her hands in front of her and serenely waited for his side of the story.

Kaien nodded and began. "I arrived in the holodeck to find Sapphire and Chance seeming to be reminiscing about Chance's homeworld. We all spoke together for awhile and then Kataran Showed up and the four of us were going to take a tour of the ship. Chance seemed to be overwhelmed by something and mentioned something about not being able to handle this and she bolted. Concerned I pursued her. Considering her headstart I teleported in front of her, which caused her to lose her balance and fall over. I caught her before she could fall and pulled her up to her feet and she began to plead with me to release her just as you appeared and called out, ma'am."

"I'd like an explanation of just what s going on here honestly Captain. I find myself at something of a loss."

Kat turned as Chance ran off, and opened his mouth to tell Kaien to let her go, but was too late as he disappeared. Without that he nods back down the corridor to Sapphire and starts to jog after them.

Hearing the Captain's orders and Kaien's explanation he slows down to a walk as he comes into view of the group, stopping and saluting when he reaches them.

"Captain, Lt Kataran Hogard reporting for duty. Maam, Chance needs time alone to compose herself from the stress of suddenly meeting so many of us, that is, I believe why she was running."

Saotome's report was received with quiet attention. "In due time, Lt. Commander," Daylan said, nodding to him. She looked down at the shaking mystic and considered that perhaps it should be sooner rather than later. These thoughts were still roiling through her mind when Hogard spoke.

"Greetings, Lieutenant Hogard," the Captain said, nodding. "At ease." She blinked at him for a moment, then said softly, "What Ensign Chance needs and what she gets will not always coincide. If she finds the presence of the three of you stressful, I can't imagine what T'aeg's proximity will do to her."

Captain Daylan looked down at the kneeling woman and said, "We all have those triggers that drive us to the edge, Ensign. We all must learn control and master those triggers. I understand your triggers are both new and excessive. Nevertheless, I will expect rapid progress from you. I will help you with this; the Ren have long studied self-mastery. So stand up."

While firm, perhaps even strict, Daylan's voice was also compassionate. She wasn't angry at Chance, or afraid of her. "I think that now is as good as time as any to disclose the issues we face," she said. "Let us collect Sappphire and return to the holodeck. There, Ensign Chance can explain her situation and what we as the senior crew must do to keep her and others safe."

Sapphire had a difficult time interpreting the emotions she was feeling emanating from the fleeing Chance - there were spikes of jealousy, waves of longing, and currents of fear, all intermixed. Some of the sensations didn't even feel like they were coming from her, thought Sapphire couldn't see who else it could have been. All Sapphire knew was that she was the source of Chance's woes.

Slowly, Sapphire followed after Kataran, her longcoat dissipating, then the motes of sapphire light reformed into a flowing cloak with a deep hood. It couldn't conceal all of her tremendous beauty - nothing could - but it muted it greatly.

Sapphire stepped around a smooth curve in the hall, and stopped. Chance was kneeling on the floor, Kaien and Kataran were facing away from her, but Sapphire had eyes for only one.

*Nami...* Only Captian Namiah Daylan heard her, and could hear all that Sapphire meant to say with a soft whisper of the dimunitive of her name.

Captain Daylan. Daylan's mental voice was gentle as she corrected her, knowing that she would hear her thoughts. Must be formal while on duty. Still, Sapphire heard her nickname start to form before Daylan repressed it. So much had changed, and so little.

"Lt. Rose," she said as a verbal greeting. "It is good to see you again. We were just going to go back to the Holodeck and let Ensign Chance explain her situation."

Namiah's gentle rebuke stopped Sapphire from doing what she was about to do, which was fly across the hall and embrace her with a rain of kisses. Instead, she rolled her eyes at the request for formality, then stood straight and gave Captain Daylan a formal nod of greeting.

"Captain Daylan, likewise, it has been too long since last we met." Her voice couldn't be anything but sultry, but she managed to add a tone of professionalism that no one else had yet heard come from the fantasy-made-flesh. "I think an explanation is exactly what is needed."

Namiah could feel a light brush of phantom fingers on her cheek, a fond touch she knew well, along with an ephemral kiss on the forehead, from unseen lips well remembered.

Chance kept her face down following the crew to the holodeck as she tried to find a reasonable way to explain her situation. If she had been warned she could've prepared herself better and probably found a way to deal with such extraordinary individuals like Sapphire or Kaien. Even Kataran was exceptional - different to Kaien but no less extraordinary.

Not even an hour on board and she already felt like she was blowing her assignment. The Mystic Circle wouldn't approve of her performance. If word got out that she almost failed to keep things under control they'd put her in a dark room and isolate her from everyone and everything else out there. No - she mustn't let that happen!

Once they reached the Holodeck Chance took a few deep breaths and straightened her posture. She would face this with her head up and not like a beaten dog. It was her burden and the Elders of the Mystic Circle considered her to be chosen to carry it. Some still considered it an accident - whatever the truth was, she had to face the consequences now and there were only few individuals who could keep the Dread Legion in check.

With a flick of her wrist she removed the cloak revealing her almost naked body underneath. Her body was covered from head to toe with myriads of tattoos and runes which faintly glowed in red and blue tones. Some symbols were larger and had a very tribal-like design while others revealed to be written lines of ancient spells and runes which looked like lines at first. Parts of Chance's back all down her spine was covered by some kind of demon-like skin which reflected the light as if it was made of some dark metal.

"I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Mystic Circle.", she started to speak. Her voice was calm and serene as she concentrated to be as precise as possible with her explanation.

"The Mystic Circle is involved in many arcane studies and rituals. There are some evils in the known Galaxy that can only be fought through the use of magic and arcane lore. Fate has... gifted me with unusual abilities and the power to manipulate what most of you would consider "Luck". Scientists would call it "Probability". I sometimes call it a curse...", she smiled weakly and looked at Sapphire and Kaien for a short moment before she continued to speak.

"I am a living prison - within me the 10.000 souls of the Dread Legion of Shemhazai are bound by magic. They are demons - cast outs and evil to the core. They only long to defile the flesh of men and women to saturate their twisted desires. And if they can't have that they simply kill or destroy. This... bond is not of my choosing, though. Yet I have to live with the consequences. If I'm not vigilant and lose focus of mind it gives the Legion some control over my body. Until now Luck has been on my side, though.", she gave another weak smile and looked down for the first time. The brunette witch of the Mystic Circle didn't look very old on second sight but her eyes carried the look of someone who has seen too much for her age.

"Should I ever lose control...", she sighed. "Well, lets not think about that. I'm not supposed to lose control and the Elders have put their trust in my abilities - I shall not disappoint them.", Chance faced Captain Daylan and bowed graciously.

"I'm now ready to hear your sentence for my trespassing. I humbly apologize - I should've prepared myself better for this task. There is no excuse."

Inside Chance was trembling but she had to endure this like everything else that has been inflicted upon her. Life isn't fair

Sapphire trailed the rest of the group, trying to ease Chance by keeping distant. When Chance threw off her cloak, her twinkling eyes ran the length of her body with curiousity. Chance was an attractive young woman, lean and athletic. Sapphire had seen - and been with - others with mystical runes upon their flesh, if never so extensive as Chance's. She found it intriguing.

As Chance explained her situation, however, Sapphire couldn't stop bringing a hand to her mouth as she gasped in horror. It's like she bears a Reaver Horde within her breast, and only her will holds it in. That is a burden none should have to bear.

Those who were looking in Sapphire's direction could see the dread on her face, but it was quickly being replaced by a surprisingly formidable resolve, her blue, blue eyes hard as gemstones.

Tentatively, Sapphire reached out to the troubled girl with her mind's voice, her deft skill just skimming Chance's awareness without drawing howls from the Dread Legion.

*I - I have no words to fully express my sympathy for your plight, Chance. But know this, I will do anything and everything I can to help you. I have little experience in holding back desires, I ride them and help others express them, but perhaps there is something I can teach you.

This I can promise, and I swear it by my gift of rebirth, should the Dread Legion of Shemhazai ever hold sway, use the last of your control and send them for me - I will accept their degradation, and endure it, so that others will be spared. I have faced evil before, been broken by it, and then redeemed. I fear it, but will not turn aside.

What cannot be fought, can be endured - but it does not have to be alone. Chance could feel the passionate conviction and determination in Sapphire's pure mental voice.

"I said it before. We're teammates, crewmates, whatever you'd like to call us Chance. That means we help each other. You can count on me anytime you need help."

The legion of ten thousand demon part didn't escape him, or how it could be a seriously bad thing if she lost control.

Nor did her appearance, which he did his best to hide his appraisal of. He smiled to her. "Like I also said. TWe were teamed up because we can all support each other, our abilities mesh well together. have faith in your teammates and yourself, we do in you."

Sapphire's voice was unexpected but soothing instead of stirring more trouble inside her. She knew the legion could hear her but Chance was at peace and in total control. The others could tell by the way she clenched her fists that Chance was exerting a lot of willpower right now but she was slowly relaxing entering a state of mind which the demonhordes could not touch.

Her eyes automatically focused on the flesh-made-fantasy admiring both her beauty of body and mind. No one has ever offered herself so freely to sacrifice herself like that. This woman chose to bear the burden should Chance proof unable to contain the legion within her.

I... I don't know what to say or how to thank you. I would never ask anyone to do anything like that for me. It's been my fault in the first place and now it is my burden till the end of time. I shall do anything in my power to never ever have to take your offer but knowing that you would gives me strength.

Chance had a hard time pulling her eyes off Sapphire's gorgeous face and looked at Kaien's eyes concentrating to focus on him as she spoke.

"I thank you too for your kind words, Kaien. I shall do everything within my power to never let something like this happen again. Like I said there is no excuse and I should've preperad myself better. I let myself go when I recalled those childhood memories - it weakens my resolve because the demons feed on such emotions and memories. I should've known better.", and of course their lust for Sapphire is unquenchable. I should talk to the Captain about this in private.

"In any case I want to point out that no one has done anything inproper in regards to my person. They didn't know what was happening and I shouldn't have been jaywalking around the ship without your consent, Captain.", Chance summoned the cloak back extending her arms to the sides standing briefly in a crucifix like stance. The black cloth swirled up from the floor and wrapped itself around her like it had a mind of it's own. Within a few seconds Chance was hidden underneath the cloak again but she didn't put on the hood. Her yellowish glowing eyes rested on Captain Daylan waiting for the Captain to speak.

"Jaywalking? Ensign Chance, you're a member of this crew," Captain Daylan said. Her even, calm tone hadn't changed, even as she frowned slightly. "Aside from private quarters and dangerous areas, as defined by our chief engineer, you're welcome to travel where you please. You have been given rank and a position here; so long as you do your duties as expected and conduct yourself as a member of this crew, you will be treated as one.

"Now, for your punishment," the woman added, tilting her head slightly. "I want to be understood that this is for your loss of control, not for being out and about on the ship. You will perform an hour of meditation daily until you display enough control to reduce further near-escapes like this. Because when they change parts of your body - that is the Legion coming close to taking control of you, yes? That cannot happen." She made that last statement a fact.

Ensign Chance was obviously not familiar with any protocol of the Galactic League. She accepted the punishment in a manner that left the impression that she was used to being punished.

"You are right about the control the legion exerts over my body. The more I change the stronger their influence is. I shall enforce my efforts and meditate an additional hour daily."

Chance graciously bowed which was closer to the protocol of the Mystic Circle and then looked at her fellow crew members especially at Kaien. "If I have offended any of you through my actions I apologize personally. I have been kept in isolation for too long... and I'm sorry, honestly sorry."

Sapphire glanced briefly in Namiah's direction when she heard the Captain issue Chance's sentence. Only a twitch of an eyelid gave any indication of what she was thinking.

The unearthly beautiful Elan regarded Chance with a warm gaze, waving an elegant hand in dismissal of her apology. "There is truly no need for you to feel sorry, Chance, and you will only offend me if you keep yourself isolated. This ship is too small a place for us - all of us - to remain strangers." Her bright sapphire eyes ran over the crewmen she had already 'known' and her alluring smile was a promise to get to 'know' the others soon.

Kat kept his peace and watched the byplay going on amongst these more experienced and/or famous members of the Guardian's. He'd said as much or more than he should to the Captain already, and now just waited for whatever the next stage would be.

Ship's Doctor

Amanda had been spending some time in the infirmary, but noticing an indication on the ship's systems that the crew was fully aboard, she sent one of her duplicates to the location of the largest concentration, just as everyone was collecting around Chance, and just in time to hear Chance fully explain her situation.

"Captain, fellow crewmen.." She paused, and then bowed deeply, in the style of the Tai Ceti, of deep respect and yet there was something else in her manner. A something else that became clear, as she continued speaking. "I've been informed that we will have a mission soon, and be departing once the Captain and the Ship are ready to do so. However, as Ship's Doctor, I have everyone's file, but I'm going to need to schedual a complete physical for every crew member in the next few days." She paused. "Well, actually, every biological crewmember, at least."

Kaien looked at the Duplicate Amanda and nodded. "Very well, just let me know when you want to do it, I'll go first." There was an annoyance in his voice, hidden very well, but it wasn't with anyone, just in general.

He looks back to Namiah and smiles. "A mission already eh Captain? They certainly waste no time. Must bbe something important."

Sapphire had just finished her circuit of her fellow crewmen when her vivid gaze came to rest on a stunning blonde, who moved like a dream. Mmmm, this will be a most pleasant assignment.

"Since Kaien claimed you first, I would be pleased to go second..." Sapphire had meant to simply pluck a name from the Doctor's mind but ended up following a pair of mental threads to two other... Doctors? This is a most inriguing surprise. "... Amanda, and third as well." Sapphire's eyes twinkled, her smile... promised.

Chance looked at her new teammates and smiled at them showing real gratitude. "I thank you so much for being so sympathetic to me. I had a rather rough time lately and most of my peers avoided me. Even my Coven didn't support me much. I suppose I can't blame anyone, though..."

When the Doctor entered Chance straightened her posture and tried to assume a more fitting stance - like Kaien. She listened carefully and nodded. "If the Captain has no further questions I'll be ready as soon as you are, Doctor...?", she wasn't sure if she didn't catch her name or if she didn't mention it when she introduced herself.

Ship's Doctor

"Very good then, I schedual the Captain for last then, after all, I'm sure she has plenty of duties as it is." She reponded to everyone present, meeting each individuals eyes directly in turn as they went ahead and made thier appointments on a pocket screen she was carrying. She looked at the Captain last, one eyebrow raised in question, to make certain that would work for her.

Kat picked up on Chance's subtle question even if her target didn't and knew that the it hadn't been mentioned so far. With a mental shrug, he asked the question himself, "I'm sorry Doctor, I don't believe you actually told us you name, could you please enlighten us?"

Ship's Doctor

She blinked, her attention had been on other things and she hadn't quite realized what she was being asked, but now she did, and she blushed, embaressed. "Amanda Terrance, in the medical corps, Lieutentant Commander Terrance if you intend to call me by rank, though I prefer Doctor, if you must use a title rather then a name."

"That's fine, Dr. Terrance, I trust your judgement in this matter," Captain Daylan said easily. "In the meantime, by all means, everyone feel free to explore the ship."

As the others started to file out, she feel into step next to Amanda. "We'll have to catch up sometime," the Captain said, smiling. "How long has it been?"

She was aware that within herself, there was a tiny desire to avoid Sapphire, at least for a moment. She'd thought herself ready to see her after so long, after how things ended, but she had to be honest and say that she wasn't.

Ship's Doctor

"I believe we last worked together on the dream raid's matter, wasn't it, Captain?" She remained formal with the Captain sense the crew was present, as she fell into step beside her. As usual she was able to sample and differentiate the emotions of everyone present, though she got dozens of contradictory emotions from Ensign Chance.

"My other duplicates is waiting for you all in the Medical Bay, so you can go there in the order of appointments we've set." She waved at Kaien, and Sapphire, before turning her full attention to the Captain. "So, is the Ship's Avatar fully online yet? I've not served on a ship with one before, I hear they can be somewhat temperamental at first."

Archived