Changeling-Earth 2: Freehold Earth - Intrepid

Dawn OOC

Billy shrugs to Roach, "I guess we wait for the Doc to show up to have a look at Laina here, and for Barbara to show to talk about the colony and how that is going."

He turns to Black, "So how many have you managed to gather here so far?"

"I'm good with computers...I can fix just about anything," Rochelle replies. "If you have any broken machines or anything. Or I can put things together, make things, if you have spare parts handy. As for after the aliens..."

She shakes her head. "It's hard to explain. I can touch dreams now. Change them...even pull them out of people's heads so that they're real. Sort of. Reality is -different- here, you know? It's softer than on Earth. I think they were turning me into a dream, but I got out before it was done...so now I'm half and half. I'm not sure how that works."

Laina laid back on the cot a little more easily now, not sleepy butt still tired from her injuries. "I don't really know what happened to me....Everything before finding the ship again is....fuzzy....I..I think I have a horse, though. I remember that. It follows me around. Kinda. It sounds like everyone else was around other people or at some meeting or something. I don't know anything about that. I was...somewhere else, and then I was walking in the woods towards part of the Manifest's wreckage."

Billy nods as Roach give's her run down, and is interested in what Laina has to say - it's as much or more than she had told them so far. He turns himself to face Black, "What you see is pretty much what you get with me. I was in charge of a security team assigned to watch over the farmers, so as well as teh usual security stuff I'm used to living in the wild. I also know enough about the tech side to look after most of my own gear and the vehicles my team would have been assigned. When I was taken they turned me into this, and I can 'talk' to canines and birds of prey as well as get some enhanced senses. I've also picked up that energy boost thing I used on Laina, and a way of sometimes getting a dream about a route to get where I'm going."

"Excellent," Lee said, and for a moment, the man that was he shone through. Then it was gone as he put a hand on Laina's shoulder and murmured, "Many of us have trouble remembering what happened before. I know you want to know what happened, but don't push it. It will come."

Standing, he nodded to them. "I'll leave you to rest, and come get you so that you can speak to Barbara when she arrives. And I'll send your doctor here."

• 4 weeks later...

Khalid arrived with the others and settled down to heal Lania. Soon, she felt the warmth of his power flowing into her, and she felt better. When he was done, they were brought up to date.

"So now what?" Khalid asked.

"We can wait for Barbara," Lee said, shifting on his haunches. "Unless you all have something else you'd rather do."

Laina watched Khalid with a look of wonder on her face. Whatever else had happened, some small part of the young engineer's mind simply had to marvel at what the changes made in all of them could mean. She shook her head at Lee's statement.

"Nothing other than maybe seeing who else is here really comes to mind."

Billy was impressed with the Doc's work, but then if he was intending to somehow transplant various organs back into his companion Billy supposed that he would need such skill and powers.

At Laina's reply to Lee Billy nodded, "Yeah, I guess we should meet those of the rest of your people who are willing to see us. I know some people who have been changed can be embarrassed and shy about meeting strangers afterwards so we don't want to impose ourselves on anyone who is unwilling to see us."

"Yeah but...it's hard to believe they'd be any worse off than us," Rochelle points out from over by the window. "It'd be like being embarrassed about being naked in a nudist colony."

She shrugs. "Sounds better than just standing around waiting anyway."

Lee shrugged. "Some people will want to see you. Like Rochelle has said, we don't have much to hide from one another anymore. But don't make remarks about others, either their appearance or mannerisms. All of us have been marked, some worse than others." With that foreboding remark, Lee let them out into the light woods that held the hidden colony.

It reminded the better-educated about the vids that they had seen of old leper colonies. The shunned were forced away into seclusion, where they turned their isolation inward on themselves, as well. Even though they had nothing to be ashamed of with their fellow ‘lepers’, many still hid from the passing newcomers.

Click to reveal..
Guys, let me know, either in IC replies or in the OOC chatter thread, what kind of NPC you’d like to meet, either by type (i.e., Ogre) or profession (i.e., engineer). Lee knows just about everyone in the camp, and will be happy to introduce you to whomever you want to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived