World of Darkness: The Academy - Walking [Complete]

z022

Lucia blinked. "Is that where the Doors came from, then? Do you know how to get there?"

Maybe we can just get the Door to Earth taken out or a lock put on it so the Caramines can't invade. From the little bits I got of what happened before, they'd probably want the same.

Ahvia shrugged. "Who knows where the doors come from. It is said that their are those beings that can walk the paths of the Doors without opening them. That they can lock them or even destroy them." She smiled a little and said, "If I knew how to get to Aherinha, I would be there."

Lucia chewed on her lip and thought while they walked for a few minutes in silence. "Well, is there anyone that has like...a master list of keys for the door? Or some place that studies stuff like that? Maybe they know how to get to this place, or at least more about how the doors work and can be manipulated?"

She sighed, "There's got to be some way to keep the Caramines away from Dalton. Well, from Earth, really."

"Here? No," Ahvia said, then amended her statement. "Perhaps they will have some, but Keys are guarded. It will cost you much to get even one other address.

"But there are traders who are much more forgiving," Ahvia continued. "The Neri are much more willing to share their Keys; sometimes we buy them from them. You could go there, if you need to know the way home. But not even they would have knowledge of Aherinha, nor would they share it if they do." She shrugged. "No one willingly shares that information."

"Why not?" Once the words were out of her mouth, Lucia's own mind gave her several chilling reasons why you wouldn't just hand out the key to Paradise to anyone that wandered by. Certainly she wouldn't want to see the Caramines there, given what she knew of them, and they wouldn't want her there.

She shrugged, "It something to think about, anyways. I just wish I knew a bit more about these Doors and how they work. Something that could keep the Caramines out, if nothing else." She laughed, "Then again, given my luck with the Doors so far, I'd probably end up locked out on the wrong side!"

Would that be so bad?

The though startled her so completely that she missed a step and half-stumbled before catching herslef. "Ah...I mean...yeah...sorry about that, I'm okay now."

It would be, wouldn't it?

Ahvia puzzled out her words, chuckling. "That is truth," she said, nodding easily to her friend. They walked for a moment in silence before the feathered girl asked, "When we get Door, what you do?"

Her dark eyes watched Lucia, and the human girl was reminded of a bird of prey. "Wherever go... I think... you need more guiding. Perhaps you want come with you? I can return home when I need - I have Key." She smiled shyly, her expression hopeful. This had been a great adventure for her, and she was loathe to see it end.

Archived