Mutants & Masterminds: Mecha Mayhem - Chapter 1 Contact

Justin OOC

She listened to the information with increased alarm, then stood up.. "I better get to my mecha then." She paused a moment as blood rushed to her head, making her dizzy a moment, and she put her hand on her head.

"If we're under attack, then everyone should be at battle stations. I need a situation update. Who's in command? What's the present alert status? Do they need me on standbye?" Even as she asked those questions, she began to head for the exit from the sick bay, aiming to return to her mecha, and prepare for launch.

<Roxy, what's the point? Go help with S&R, they would barely get time scratch the paint before Omoi obliterated them, and their admiral knows it... I didn't even use the MA Cannons> Roxanne could hear the regret and self-recrimination in her twin's voice.

Sera received the nurses com and sent a reply. <Sure, why not? Let the USS Enterprise crap themselves some more at the sight of the Grungurst. Nurse, what's the status on the bridge crew?>

Seraphine sent a private com to the recovering pilot. <This is Seraphine, Juliana, ranking officer since the bridge crew is down. If you feel up to it, you can help with S&R or just fly around and look intimidating or whatever you want. I don't care. We weren't under attack, we were spit upon, and I let Omoikane smack them with the hand of god. Fight's over, we won.> Seraphine sexy voice was slightly slurred and rank with bitterness.

Sera made it back to her quarters, crashing against the door from another rush of nausea. With a struggle, she managed to get it open, and slipped inside. With effort, she made it to her bed, and collapsed. A weak hand searched in the drawer beneath her bed and pulled out a bottle of double-distilled brandy and a tumbler.

She filled the glass and downed it in one long swallow. She felt the warm fingers of the alcohol spread out through her flesh with a satisfying numbness.

She pored another drink.

Just as she got the drink down, an emergency comm came in from one of the CAP pilots who'd gone west. "Chief Devereaux, Lieutenant Commander Devereaux, I have hostile enemy battlefleet inbound from Western attack Vector range 100 miles. They're coming fast and it is a huge battlefleet, at least 8 carriers and three dozen support and tenders. I'm reading the launch of over 3oo fightercraft, all bearing the Emblem of the Empire of the Rising Sun. This might sound crazy, but I think we may have jumped back into freaking World War II, specifically the battle of midway. With the American Fllet destroyed there's nothing stopping this fleet from finishing the Americans, except us."

From the sound of his Voice it was Lieutenant Bill Payson of Cochise team out of Caballero Squadron.

"What are your orders "ma'am?"

She paused a moment to wonder what happened to the rest of the bridge crew, they must really be in a difficult situation, if the Engineer was in command. Then when Seraphine gave her the sitrep, she paused in confusion, that didn't make any sense at all. Non of the others powers should attack with forces so weak that they were obliterated within moments.

Shaking it off, and before leaving sick bay, she downed a few pain killers, and then ran down the halls to the mech bay, her mind working though what she had been told.

It took her a few minutes to get to the mech bay, and to move to her mecha, pausing to make sure everything appeared good. Once she climbed into the cockpit, she began to go through a serious of system checks.

She started to try and bring up everything quickly, but after a moment of screwing that up, she slowed down and began to bring up the systems one at a time. Weapons - Check. Engines - Check. Targeting Systems - Check. She worked her way down the list.

Click to reveal..

Taking 20 on the Computers roll, 2 minutes to bring everything up. For a total of 26

Taking 10 on the piloting roll (With skill mastery piloting, can do that without taking any time on it). Total of 29

Following Roxy's orders Gordan stands down from point the Gatling pod straight at the Bridge. Instead he carries it at port-arms ready to bring it into actions at the first sign of trouble.

<As you say Fate>

Wanting to get what information he can about the ship he stood on and their bizarre propeller driven planes, Gordan felt out with his datalink trying to connect to any accessable computers on the ship or fighters. Instead of the security blocks that he expected to find he simply found a shocking absence of any type of computer!

<Shit Fate! I can't find a trace of a single computer on the whole ship! Just how old is this fleet?!>

Josh was a little slow to respond to the new situation. He'd honestly never seen any weapons do so little to a ship that was so unprotected.

Then he got the order from Omom... and decided to modify it slightly.

"Ok, it's hit the fan and now here's what we have to do. Bear, Dog, Hammer, Slider, go and help with the Search and Rescue. Do what you can, watch yourselves and each other. The rest of us are going to repair the repairs that got damaged, seal up any remaining holes in the hull, and then work on making these repairs permanent. Everybody got me? Let's move!"

For the first time, Josh himself started leading the work on the hull instead of mechas (which was more precise and demanding). He rationed about half of his nanos to work on repairing the hull, leaving the other half in store for any emergency mecha repairs (until his supplies were replenished, anyways).

The four CeBees that Josh sent out transformed into hover tank mode and set out across the ocean as fast as they could to help with the S&R.

Originally Posted By: Justin OOC
"Chief Devereaux, Lieutenant Commander Devereaux, I have hostile enemy battlefleet inbound from Western attack Vector range 100 miles. They're coming fast and it is a huge battlefleet, at least 8 carriers and three dozen support and tenders. I'm reading the launch of over 3oo fightercraft, all bearing the Emblem of the Empire of the Rising Sun. This might sound crazy, but I think we may have jumped back into freaking World War II, specifically the battle of midway. With the American Fllet destroyed there's nothing stopping this fleet from finishing the Americans, except us."

It sounds crazy but from what I can see it's the only reasonable explanation. We made some kind of time jump when the ARK warped...

<Falcon 1, relax - I just got a sitrep from the ARK. As far as we can tell it looks like we jumped directly into WWII. We've another fleet closing in which will crush the remains of the US-Naval forces if we don't act. I want you to rally the Valkyries and prepare to intercept. I'll stay here and coordinate with the ARK and see if I can get some more information from the US-Admiral.>

Using the speakers again, Roxanne addressed the Admiral hoping to get some response from him.

"Admiral Spruance, we have just located a large naval battleforce on direct course to your position coming in from 276 degrees west. We are preparing for an interception to keep the remains of your fleet protected. Can you tell me what year it is?"

The glass tumbler shattered against the wall, brandy splashing everywhere.

"FUCK! Will this day never end?!"

Serephine used her MRH to pull up holographic displays of patched-in feeds from the mechas, and frowned at what she saw. While studying those images, she pulled up a summary of 'World War II' from the memory banks. Her eyes consumed the text and images at blinding speed. Damned ancient history, who would've thought it useful?

<Omoikane, position the ARK between the remains of the American fleet and the oncoming fleet. Valkyries are to stop with S&R and prepare to intercept - the American's tin cans are better for nothing else. Omoikane, bring all operable weapons online, including the MA cannons. >

"Send out this broadcast and translate: This is the PEF ARK, we have just destroyed the American fleet. Surrender and return to your own waters or you too will be destroyed. If you initiate hostilities, one of your carriers will be sunk. Should you continue, we will have no choice but to decimate you."

<Omoikane, if they fire on us, bring down one of the carriers, then give them time to respond. If they continue, go all out.>

"Archangel, forget about S&R, go with the Valkyries and intercept."

As she got the instructions from Seraphine, just as she got a green light on systems, she smiled and responded, over the open comm channel. "This is Archangel, ready and willing, all systems go, lock and load boys and girls, you name the game, I'll name the pain." At the same time, she hit the lauch button and sent her mecha flying down and out over the ocean, and went into a full spin on the way out.

She was happy, despite the situation, she was doing what she loved most, flying and piloting a mecha, and not just any mecha, but the most powerful one in the fleet, the Grungurst itself.

She would almost be disappointed if this didn't turn out to be a battle, and she began to listen to the chatter over the comm systems even as she flew toward the japanese fleet, accessing her targeting systems, and preparing for battle. "Hey, wait a minute, did someone just say we're in the 20th century?"

Admiral Spruance's voice crackled over the air. "That would be the 8th Imperial Fleet. We were out here to ambush them when they attacked the Island. Now there's nthing stopping them."

Minutes paased as the enemy fleet moved in and The Ark moved, and from where they rest in around her, her three tender ships moved around her and moved with her, though they remained in the ocean. The Valkyries formed up into impromptu teams and everyone had a wingman.

In a startling turn, 4 emerald beams lanced out towards the Ark and Allied area from four of the battleships. It was almost the same caliber beam cannon the Ark had Cut loose with. Two of them lanced both the Enterprise and the Yorktown, heavily damaging each carrier to the point of crippling them.

Onboard the Enterprise Roxane was there as the merald shaft of coherent light cored the ship , blasting it straight through the empty flight deck. (piloting check DC 25 to keep the Mecha on it's feet as the ship is struck violently."

Payson's voice echoed over the Com. "Jesus wept. They struck the carriers. Caballero's, Take these BASTARDS down NOW! Deal with the rest later." At that point half the 46 fighters in the air began their attack runs, Zipping through the Japanese Zeros autocannon's blazing as the fighters became batloids and guardians then fighters again. Missiles blasted AAA emplacements on the ships all around, swatting zeros from the sky with stunning quickness.

"Lieutenant Commander Daylena, The is Lieutenant Payson. Since you showed up for the party I'm gonna ask that you paste the four targets I'm paining for you. It's the four battleships that fired the Energy cannon."

True to his word, Juliana was recieving data identifying which ships had the hightech weapons.

Josh and the CB's had managed to get most of the new repairs fixed again, but a real drydock was what was really needed.

Seraphine's jaw dropped, seeing those beam cannons being fired from the primitive looking craft. Heart jumped up her throat as she saw the Enterprise lanced by an emerald spear of coherent energy. Roxy! Then her jaw firmed, teeth grating.

"Motherfuckers! CBs, your new priorities are the American carriers, keep them floating. Valkyries, keep an eye out for any other high-tech weaponry and paint the targets - they become priority one."

<Omoikane, disregard previous order. Engage the enemy, with prejudice. All weapons are green lit.>

<Oh, God! Roxy! Roxy? Say something! Tell me you weren't hit!

She was suprised, aftering hearing that these were 20th century ships, to see beams shoot out from the enemy fleet, apparently this wasn't going to be as easy as it had first seemed to be. Her mood dropped slightly to one more serious, though she remained happy to be flying, she wasn't so complacent anymore. She also had been inclined toward mercy a few moments earlier, now she was determined to annilate the foe.

"Target's recieved, let's show these bastards some judgement from on high, shall we?" And with that, she accelerated to maximum speed and lauched herselt toward the carriers, once she was in range, she unleashed with hyperbeam toward all four ships, lashing out with maximum force, and decending toward the deck of the nearest once.

Upon landing she activated the Calamity Sword, fully prepared to slice these ships in half, from nose to navel, and unless ordered otherwise, she would do exactly that to any ship that displayed enhanced weapons.

Click to reveal..

Attack + 7 with Mecha Weapons for Hyper Beam

(00:13:28) ChatBot: (Juliana_Daylena) rolls 1d20 and gets 14.

Total of 21

Piloting + 19 to land on nearest warship

(00:26:41) ChatBot: (Juliana_Daylena) rolls 1d20 and gets 2.

Total of 21

Originally Posted By: Justin OOC
Admiral Spruance's voice crackled over the air. "That would be the 8th Imperial Fleet. We were out here to ambush them when they attacked the Island. Now there's nthing stopping them."

In a startling turn, 4 emerald beams lanced out towards the Ark and Allied area from four of the battleships. It was almost the same caliber beam cannon the Ark had Cut loose with. Two of them lanced both the Enterprise and the Yorktown, heavily damaging each carrier to the point of crippling them.

Onboard the Enterprise Roxane was there as the merald shaft of coherent light cored the ship , blasting it straight through the empty flight deck. (piloting check DC 25 to keep the Mecha on it's feet as the ship is struck violently."

Roxanne wasn't really prepared for the enemy fire to be that effective. From the green flash she could tell that the Imperial Fleet possessed something akin to the weaponry the PEF possessed. Just before she realized what was happening the USS Enterprise got hit and shook violently sending her Valkyrie skidding over the concrete plattform of the carrier. Only her lightning reflexes spared her to trip off the ship and make an unwelcomed dive in the ocean.

Originally Posted By: Seraphine Devereaux

<Oh, God! Roxy! Roxy? Say something! Tell me you weren't hit!

There was first some static on the line followed by some inappropriate cursing.

<I'm fine, Sera - but now I'm pissed. Shall I try to rescue what is left of the crew here on board or join the strike force?>

Gordan had taken off as per his orders from Fate/Roxy and was with the other Valkyries en route to the Imperial Fleet when the emerald beams flashed by underneath them into the surviving American ships.

Shit, that ain't right. The Imperials never had that stuff in the history books otherwise they'd have won that war. Some of the Fleets that were attacking us before we came through the warp must have come through and given it to them.

<Falcon 1 to team, we're going down amongst their ships. Sweep the AA and look for any signs of our type of tech. If you spot it either wipe the ship or paint it for Archangel to deal with.>

Opening a command channel to the Chief and Fate as well as the new Team leaders he continues.

<<Chief, we got another problem. They shouldn't have that type of weapon at this point in time. Someone from our time must have given it too them, which means that some of the Dominion or Alliance must have come through as well. So as well as putting these guys down, we need to get some intell on what we may be facing from our own time.>>

Diving and cutting a path through the zero's he pulls up and races in amongst the ships just above the waves. Switching all available sensors to sweep the surrounding ships for energy emissions he proceeds to target the weapons on each ship as it passes.

Click to reveal..

Pilot roll to get through the Zeros

(12:09:06) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 16.+16 = 32

Another for pulling up and the trip through the ships

(12:09:10) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 15.+15 = 31

Computer roll for Sensor sweep of the ships.

Computer +11, +2 for Advanced Computer

(12:09:16) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 14.+13 = 27

Sera's let out a shakey sigh at hearing her twin's voice, so llike her own, and her heart settled back to where it was supposed to be.

<Oh, Roxy, glad to hear your voice. Go join the strike force, I got the CBs taking care of the carriers>

<I got you, Sera. I'll join the strike force... are you ok, Sis? Stay away from the bottle, Sera. We need to put our heads into this till the Admiral is back up. Please keep me updated on his status.>

Roxanne's Valkyrie took off with an elegant jump and quickmorphed into fighter mode the moment she had gained enough height and then quickly accelerated to catch up with the strike force.

<This is Lt. Cmdr. Roxanne Devereaux I'm rejoining the strike force. We line up in groups of 4. Initiate combat formation Hades' vengeance. Lets clear a path for Archangel.>

Fate quickly opened a new channel to get direct communication with Archangel.

<Archangel - we're inbound in 30 seconds. Prepare for full retaliation. The Fleet mustn't reach the US-Navy, do you copy?>

"All Pantheon mecha clear LOS with Enemy Carriers, I am elimanating them now." After a five second wait, the five forward capable MAC's fired, inaddition to the laser cannon turrets. Each Mac hurled a projectile over mach four towards the ships, the lasers striking the remaining carriers.

The thunderous blast of the MAC's was deafening,and the effect of the shots astounding. Each shell slammed head on into the Carrier targeted, and out the rear of the ship, blowing a gaping hole through the ships stem to stern. In an instant all 8 carriers exploded and began to sink, even as the Zeros fell to the Valkyries. Two Valkyries exploded, the Anti-Air screen managing to get very lucky, and pounding them hard with metal shredding shrapnel. The grungust's attack cleaved through both armor and bulkhead of the first battleship sending it to the bottom amidst a chain of explosions. Juliana landed on the next battleship and point defense weaponry bounced off the mech's heavy armor.

The CB's quickly went to work, six on each ship, repairing the outer hull damage first to the remaining carriers. (Can make some repair rolls if you want to speed things up DC 25)

"Roger that Fate, Archangel reads you loud and clear, you can scratch one of these ships goodbye, I'm about to send another one down to join the fishes." With that, she slashed down with the Calamity blade, slicing the ship from nose to navel, litterally cutting the thing in half, and leaping into the air as she went to the third one, leaving a ruined ship in her wake.

Activating her jets, she leapt toward the third carrier, jumping from carrier to carrier in a leap frog sort of action, just as the Valkyries caught up with her. "You point the way Fate, I'll take down the big ones, let's send these folks down to the bottom of the ocean." As she targeted the next ship, and fired her beam cannon even as she took evasive action against thier defenses

Click to reveal..

(12:17:47) ChatBot: (Juliana) rolls 1d20 and gets 9

Attack + 7 = + 16 with a target of 10, ship hit with full power of the Calamity blade

Taking 10 on Piloting roll, with skill Mastery for a 29

Seraphine watched the holographic displays encircling her, her stomach roiling as she watched Omoikane and company lay waste to the Japanese Fleet. The sips of brandy she took directly from the bottle sat heavily, almost unbearably sweet. She flinched when she saw two of Valkyries go down - even with all the death she was directly responsible for, those two hurt, piercing the numbness of shock and concussion.

The darkness encroached around the edges of her sight, narrowing her vision to a tunnel, the bottle slipping from her hand with a heavy thump. She rubbed her head with her fingers, try to push the concussion away, feeling the crusting blood on the side of her face and in her hair.

<I'm fine Rox, why wouldn't I be? Only, what, ten thousand dead on my watch? Try beating that body count Roxy. The Admiral will be... is... was... I'll keep you updated.> Though her sister tried to keep her voice nonchalant, Roxanne could hear the cynicism and misery in it, and the slur from either booze or a concussion.

Originally Posted By: Juliana Daylena
"You poin the way Fate, I'll take down the big ones, let's send these folks down to the bottom of the ocean." As she targeted the next ship, and fired her beam cannon even as she took evasive action against thier defenses

<You've heard her. Maintain formation and pull tight. I don't want to hear any further damage reports.>

Fate tried to keep in control of things and watched out for any breaks in the formation. With some discipline and luck they'd get out of this without any further casualties on Pantheon's side.

<I'm fine Rox, why wouldn't I be? Only, what, ten thousand dead on my watch? Try beating that body count Roxy. The Admiral will be... is... was... I'll keep you updated.> Though her sister tried to keep her voice nonchalant, Roxanne could hear the cynicism and misery in it, and the slur from either booze or a concussion.

<This is not your fault, Sera. You are not to blame. There is absolutely no way you could've assessed the situation right. We've fucking jumped back in time to the battle of Midway and now get rid of that bottle and report yourself to Medbay. Do you hear me? Get your ass to Medbay - we're handling things from here.>

She hoped Sera understood her worry and didn't think she was trying to earn all the glory for herself...

Sera's head swam, and she swayed, then fell, landing in the spilt spirits, when she tried to catch herself on the bed and misjudged the distance. It took her remarkable effort, and a few tries, to get back to her feet.

She was licking the brandy from her fingers when she saw her face in the mirror - she looked horrible. A fan of blood covered half her face, branching like red rivers, her mostly exposed breasts - from the tear in her jumpsuit - speckled with blood and dirt. Her pupils were wildly dilated and her eyes sunken.

<Time? Right. I think, you're right, Rox. I'll get myself checked out at medbay... And I wasn't drinking!>

Seraphine stumbled out of her quarters and somehow made it to the medbay without passing out. She grabbed the first medic she saw, leaning into him for support. "I think I need medical attention."

Gordan and his team swerved in and out among the carrier's escort ships, taking out the AA from almost sea level where it couldn't reach them.

Approaching the first they popped up and fired off their gatlings, Gordan quickly goes off air and swears profusely as his Gatling jams. Then the team is over that ship and back down to sea level heading for the next.

As the others started targetting the AA on the next ship Gordan switched to his few remaining missiles and tried to clear the jam on his Gatling Pod.

He didn't manage to clear it by the time they reached the next ship, so he brought up the missile targeting and tried to pop one off as they lifted over the vessel - only to have that fail as well.

<Falcon 1 to team, my weapons have all jammed or been expended. I'm returning to the Ark to rearm. Maintain attack and I'll be back as soon as I can.>

Click to reveal..

(20:50:08) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 1. - Gatling Jams

Craft- Mechanical +10 to try to clear the Jam

(20:50:28) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 12.+10 = 22

Needed 25

Missile roll to hit +6

(21:57:05) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 1. - Another damn botch!!!

Originally Posted By: Roxanne Devereaux

<You've heard her. Maintain formation and pull tight. I don't want to hear any further damage reports.>

Fate tried to keep in control of things and watched out for any breaks in the formation. With some discipline and luck they'd get out of this without any further casualties on Pantheon's side.

With the Valkyries backing her up, she didn't feel the need to guard her back, instead she focused on causing maximum devistation, of decimating the enemy fleet and sending it packing. She landed on the front of it hard enough to sent the back end of the ship up out of the water, and she unleashed her Hyper beam on the heart of the ship. The blast hit hard and fast, hitting the ammo depot even as she leapt back into the air leaving flying pieces of debrie in her wake, as she leap for the fourth ship, and moved though the enemy fleet like an avenging Archangel. It was moments like this that had earned her the callsign that she had been given by the other pilots in the fleet.

Click to reveal..

(14:25:57) ChatBot: (Juliana) rolls 1d20 and gets 19.
Attack + 7 for 26
take 10 on piloting roll again

Originally Posted By: Rorx
<Falcon 1 to team, my weapons have all jammed or been expended. I'm returning to the Ark to rearm. Maintain attack and I'll be back as soon as I can.>

Perfect timing…, Roxanne cursed again and checked the radar. They were still doing well but she didn’t want to miss any more planes. But without any means to fight back Gordan would be just another target.

<Roger that, Falcon 1. We keep pushing the attack, hurry up or there’ll be nothing left for you when you come back.>

Roxanne was joking but actually she hoped she was right. Even though they had technological superiority they severely lacked intelligence to plan their next moves. Right now all they did was reacting and that was a place she didn’t like to be. We need to get some serious intell or else we’ll be remaining sitting ducks.

Another explosion heralded Archangels retaliating attacks. It was a beauty watching her how she executed the remaining battle ships of the opposing fleet. Roxanne kept coordinating the attack from an elevated position and waited patiently for an update and sitrep from the Admiral. This was already taking too long. Why was no one in command responding?

Because they’re dead or seriously injured…, it dawned on her. And that’s why Omoikane assigned command to Sera – she is the highest ranking officer if command is out of the game… they must’ve been hit real hard.

Roxanne looked back to were the ARK was and hoped her sister was doing fine. She accused her of drinking and totally ignored that she may have been injured and was struggling to remain conscious. She would’ve to apologize to her once she got back. Poor Sera… I’m so sorry.

Josh and the CeBee's turn their attention from the ARK (which seems to be taking pretty good care of herself), and turns their attention to the American fleet.

Josh sends two of the construction CB's to raise the two American subs, knowing that there had to be significant loss of life, but hoping that they could save anyone left alive on board (and hopefully repair, or use them as scrap to repair the other ships).

The rest of the team starts repairs with the Enterprise, then starts working on the other ships, and eventually raising the sunken ships to see if they can make them sea worthy again.

Click to reveal..
(Josh_Johnson): Repair, mechanical

(18:08:46) ChatBot: (Josh_Johnson) rolls 1d20 and gets 10.

(18:09:31) (Josh_Johnson): 10 + 3 + 12 = 25 (sux... barely)

It was an amazing thing as the battleships fell, Omoikane lashed out again with all cannon and missile bays, furthering the destruction. Within two salvos and the efforts of the Valkyries squadrons and the Grungust, there were now no Japanese ships remaning on the Surface, or beneath.

"This Is Omoikane, addressing all Combat Personnel. Return to ship, mission accomplished. CB's remain onboard American ships to render aid. Grungust, remain operational outside the ARK as heavy deterrant."

Inside there was a round of cheers as the fight was finally over.

In the Medical Bay Sera was tended by the highest ranking doctor left, for a concussion.

(going to give you all a chance to interact with whomever you wish for a while, then we move on tomorrow afternoon)

Hearing the fight was over as he arrived back at the Ark, Gordan first saw to the rearming of his Valkyrie, and checking on the rest of Falcon team while that was being done. Once their status was known he got to work on doing what he could to repair his own Valkyrie and then those of his teammates. Throughout it all he maintained a datalink to his VF-25, both to have instant access to communications, but also to be able to tap into sensor feeds from outside and diagnostic systems while working on his Valk.

Click to reveal..

Not sure what rolls you might want but he has the following skills that might be relevant.

Craft - Mech +10

Know - Tech +10

Computers +11

Notice +10

Skill Mastery on both Computers and Notice of those above.

Roxanne didn’t bother to debrief and simply signed her checklist before she left the Valkyrie. Her thoughts were solely focused on how Sera was doing and she took no detour to get to the med bay. Behind her the crew and pilots were cheering at her and at themselves for this tremendous victory but Roxanne had no mind for that now.

Arriving at the med bay she asked her way through to Sera’s room making clear that she was in no mood to be kept waiting. The nurses quickly showed her the way and she practically stumbled into the room crashing briefly against Sera’s bed.

“Hey, Sis – are you alright?”, Sera could hear how worried Roxanne was. Her older twin was in ‘I-got-to-protect-my-sister’ mode again.

Everybody else, except Archangel, returned to the ship. But the CeBees's remained. Their work started long before the fight, and ended long after. FILO... First In, Last Out... it wasn't officially their slogan, and it was no where near accurate with regards to the actual combat itself, but it definitely worked in the bigger picture.

So, Josh and his team remained on site, helping to repair and rescue as many vessels and people as they possibly could, without answering too many questions or upgrading the ships at all.

And Josh continued to use his nanos to repair the ships, amazing the crewmen at how the damaged seemed to 'repair itself', especially on the ships that they raised from the bottom of the ocean.

Click to reveal..
Rolling repair again, trying to fix everything...

(josh_johnson): Repair, Mechanical

(11:07:08) ChatBot: (josh_johnson) rolls 1d20 and gets 18.

(11:07:34) (josh_johnson): 18+3+12=33

She flew around outside the ship, maintaining a guard as requested, watching sensors and looking for any sign of any other potential fleets. She didn't remember prefectly, but she thought from her studies of history, that there were not any other fleets close by... but then, she knew for a fact that non of the japanese fleet should have that kind of weaponry, so anything was possible. History, as she had known it, was entirely too uncertain, and they're presence had already altered it. She wondered if they had altered time, or if something else had occurred.

Seraphine's head was aching, the room slowly revolving, the painkillers not kicking in yet. She heard the murmur of Rox's voice outside then a moment later her twin came rushing in, bumping her cot in her haste.

With effort, Sera sat back up, accepting Roxy's help because it was easier than not accepting it. "I - I'm fine Roxy." Sera's blue eyes were glassy from the concussion, but Roxanne could still see the sheen of unshed tears. Though Seraphine tried to keep her face and voice hard, Roxanne noticed the slight tremble to her twin's lower lip.

"The Admiral... Admiral Peet... He's gone, Rox." Seraphine hated the way her sister, only older by less than half an hour, always thought she had to protect her, hated it, hated it. But she couldn't stop her shoulders from shaking with suppressed sobs, nor could she stop herself from pulling Roxanne into an embrace, her face pressed to her shoulder, the tears starting to flow.

"It's my fault Rox, it always is. I - I couldn't stop the Warp Drive in time, and now he's dead along with who knows how many. Then I didn't - didn't notice how primitive the ships were and I let Omoikane loose and fuck! How many did I kill today, Rox, how many died because I wasn't good enough?"

She hated looking weak in front of her sister, hated having Roxanne see her cry, but she couldn't stop herself. Seraphine held her twin tight and soaked the shoulder of her jumpsuit with her tears.

Roxanne placed one hand carefully on Sera’s head like her mom used to when they were children and held her tight and close with her other arm. After a moment of hushing and stroking Sera’s head Roxanne quietly spoke.

“It’s not your fault, Sera. You had no choice and I would’ve done the same, honestly. I shouldn’t have been in that Valkyrie. If I had stayed back Omoikane would’ve given command to me and then this wouldn’t be on your conscience.”

Roxanne sighed and slowly felt how she started to tremble herself. She fought to maintain her composure since she had to be the stronger one. “You’re not to blame, Sera… Dad would’ve been proud of you, I know that.”

She didn’t know what else to say and giving her the ordinary military drill-talk about Soldiers, war and death didn’t seem appropriate to her. It wouldn’t help her sister at all. Instead she drew her closer and quietly cried herself hoping Sera wouldn’t notice this moment of weakness.

Sera hated how Roxy was holding her, and hated even more that she found it very comforting. Her tears fell sliently as Roxanne stroked her younger twin's hair.

Hearing Roxanne say it wasn't her fault and that she wished could have taken the burden on her shoulders didn't make Sera feel any better, and Roxanne could feel her sister tense up. But at the mention of Dad being proud, Sera relaxed, holding her twin even tighter in gratitude.

After a long moment, Seraphine pulled back slightly. "'Kay, help me up Rox. No more crying. I need to go to quarters and get a new jumpsuit so I'm not in danger of flashing the ship, then I gotta see if I can get the main sensor array back online."

If Seraphine noticed her sister's tears, she made no mention of it.

Roxanne quickly wiped away her tears and nodded eagerly at Sera. “Of course, Sis.”, she answered and followed her sister faithfully. Her heart was still pounding like hell but the adrenaline of the fight was quickly wearing off. She felt dizzy and somewhat numb which made it hard for her to keep up with her twin. Shaking off the nausea she pulled herself together and caught up with Sera. There was no time now for any stupid phantom pains or flashbacks from the accident.

“Sera – slow down. You’re not the only one working on the repairs and you really deserved a break. From what I’ve heard you got a concussion. You shouldn’t be anywhere near the array…”, she knew it was of little use to change Sera’s mind but she had to say it anyway.

“Please, Sera…”

"It's only a mild concussion, Rox, not that baaaa..." Seraphine had to stop and support herself against a bulkhead as she waited to the spinning to stop.

Taking a deep, shakey breath, Sera continued to her quarters as fast as she could. "There's a lot of people down, Rox, and the rest are working hard to make up for it. I can't rest, I can't let them see the chief engineer sitting at her ease while everyone else works their asses off. Fuck! There are still some who see me as nothing more than the spoiled little Idol princess who slept her way to the top, instead of working damned hard for everything I earned. Well damn them!"

Seraphine made it to her quarters, Roxanne in tow. Sera peeked in the door, then started chewing on a lip when she saw the spilt bottle of brandy on the floor.

"I'll - I'll be real quick, Roxy, just wait out here..." Seraphine darted in her quarters and kicked the bottle under a pile of clothes, hoping that Roxanne wouldn't notice the wetspot on the floor. Then she grabbed a new jumpsuit and began to strip.

The next eight hours were a blur for the various Pantheon personnel. Each one of them had their own duties or needs to attend to and at the end of it Things were abit clearer.

First, Captain Ramius had finally woken up. She was originally the Executive officer under the Admiral, but now she was the new Captain. Her XO was Commander Jackson, the former Weponsmaster.

Valkyrie Commander Ozma Lee was found with a mild concussion, and had come too after a few hours of treatment. He and Captain Ramius both sent commendations to Sera for her performance in battle, and both confirmed Roxanne's flight status.

THe CB's exhausted their naonmachine stores keeping the American Carriers, and were relieved by two teams from the operative ATAC units.

To conserve power, the ArK settled back into the water and All three Tender ships were returned to full activity.

The Sensor arrays were found to be completely burned out on all four ships, and as such the fabricators within the ARK were set in motion to replace them.

A meeting was called to which Each of those who'd distinguished themselves in battle were asked to attend.

Archived