Mutants & Masterminds: Mecha Mayhem - Chapter 1 Contact

Justin OOC

The Launch of the ARK was a joyous occassion for the thirty thousand employees of Pantheon Enterprises. The Five Pantheon Enterprises Destroyer class warships surrounding her launch bay were like proud protective parents, as the massive bay doors opened, and the mile long Ultratech vessel known to everyone as ARK rose from the gantries she'd been built on.

The Peace was shattered as a dozen beams of ionized plasma lanced out towards the prototype ship. None of them connected each stream distorted and literally bent around to continue blasting off in different angles. The protective ships didn't miss a beat, two of them immediately began launching drone mecha and their cannons lighting up the morning sky with laser and particle cannon fire. The North American Alliance had of course found their Andean base first and was now rushing to grab the expiramental Warp technology the ARK possessed.

To that end, the Alliance sent the entire third Fleet and elements of the fifth fleet to capture the massive ship. Twelve ships, with at least twenty gundam class Mecha and several hundred Masamune and Slaughter Daggers rushed out to meet the Pantheon drones and ships.

In a coincidence that defied all reason and logic more beams and missles attacked from the west. The Dominion too had found out and launched their own attack. Seeing the dire straights they were in, Admiral Peet gave orders for the reserves to be called up, and All Pilots to launch immediately.

Quickly the remaining Defense ships and the mecha remainging to Pantheon Deployed. The two enemy fleets quicly began engaging each other as well and over a huge chunk of battlefield the battle for Earth's future was fought.

It went on this way for an hour, and finally the Dominion and the Alliance each managed to destroy one of the five tender ships for the ARK. In a last ditch effort, Admiral Peet gave the order for the activation of the untested Warp drive. He gave orders for all Pantheon personnel to return to the ship immediately, and just as the last mecha returned to the deck, he issued the order to jump.

Just as the massive drive reached full power, a barrage of firepower from both enemy fleets blasted the warship. Unable to fully maintain its shields while charging its warp reactor, The ship was struck several blows. The most damaging one was the one that speared the core of the warp reactor. The power chain reacted, the warp field intensifying then expanding outward to affect the entire fifteen kilometer radius sphere of space surrounding the ARK and everything in it. There was a blinding flash of light, and then Everyone had the sense they were falling, and a resounding crash shook the ship as alarms blared and the ship switched over to emergency power.

There were hundreds of fatalities as the ship plumetted into the ocean, her three sister ships still surrounding her, all plunged into the water together.

Bulkheads immediately began sealing off holes in the hull, and pumps began working to expel the intruding seawater. The Ships Combat Intelligence AI, Omoikane, sprang into action, taking control of th ship and it's sisters, initiationg emergcency procedures to protect the remaining living beings on the ships.

((OOC This is where we'll start. Roxy, Gordan, Josh, You may have your mecha outside or inside the ship, it functions, but you will need both a successful Technology and Piloting checks to Fully reactivate them, each at DC 20.

Sera, You can be anywhere in the ship, depending where you choose I will relpy with whatever is pertinent to the situation there.))

Josh didn't know exactly what happened. They'd been fighting, even the CeBees's. They'd been called back, then all hell had broken loose. Whatever had happened, it had taken George and the rest of his unit at least partially offline. Of course, it was a simple matter for Josh and most of the rest of his team to get their mechs fully functioning. Josh used the extra time to try to communicate with Omoikane via his datalink to get a sit-rep. And while doing that, he used George's improved sensors to check over his team and their hangar for damage.

Over his unit's frequency, "CeBee's report in once your mech's fully functional."

Click to reveal..
(Josh_Johnson): int + Technology roll

(15:12:17) (Josh_Johnson): +13

(15:12:23) ChatBot: (Josh_Johnson) rolls 1d20 and gets 15.

(15:12:38) (Josh_Johnson): 15+13=28 sux

(15:12:56) (Josh_Johnson): dex + Pilot roll

(15:13:13) (Josh_Johnson): +12

(15:13:24) ChatBot: (Josh_Johnson) rolls 1d20 and gets 19.

(15:13:52) (Josh_Johnson): 12+19=31 sux

(15:36:15) (Josh_Johnson): int(wis) + search

(15:36:31) (Josh_Johnson): + 7

(15:36:59) ChatBot: (Josh_Johnson) rolls 1d20 and gets 17.

(15:37:34) (Josh_Johnson): 7+17=24

I don't know if he gets any bonuses to his search, or if you want me to roll for datalink

Seraphine was in the Warp Reactor Room of the ARK, keeping on eye on the status of the Core when the attack started. She felt a mounting fury twined with a thread of worry building within her - How dare they interrupt the test of the Warp Drive that she had spent so much time helping develop. She also knew Roxy would be out there, in the midst of the battle, and this was her first time in real combat since the accident.

Not much use in a large-scale battle, Seraphine let the others do what they could while she kept her attention on the Core. With her Mechaneer's Right Hand (MRH) tied into the system, she was instantly able to act upon Admiral Peet's orders, and power-up the Warp Drive.

Seraphine waited as long as she could, hoping her twin would have enough time to make it back to the ship before the jump. She initiated the jump just as a beam of particle cannon fire lanced through the core, the bright light leaving dancing after-images in her vision even as she felt the searing heat of its passing on her face.

Her MRH fed her the readings from the Core - it was too late to abort, not enough time - even for her - to find a way to disengage the activated Warp Drive.

"All hands! Prepare for jump-" The warp field expanded explosively, everything disappearing into the boundless white. For an unfathomable moment, reality had gone silent, then sound returned - almost too intense to be real - along with the sensation of falling.

The ARK's thunderous impact with the ocean threw Seraphine from her feet. Her head glanced off a bulkhead, a bleeding gash opening on her forehead, and a protruding spar tore a long rip up the middle of her jumpsuit, exposing a vast expanse of pale cleavage. She landed hard on the composite deck plating with an aching groan.

Fighting her concussion, Seraphine sat back up with a moan. No time to be weak! Roxy's probably out there being a hero - I can't do less! Carefully, she got back to her feet, avoiding looking at those around her who weren't moving - she felt the bile rise up in her throat. Not again! Please God, not again! She had to help the living first.

"Omoikane! Status on the Warp Drive and Main Power!" Chief Engineer Seraphine demanded, making her wobbly way to a console. Through her MRH, Sera sent a private message to her twin sister's Valkyrie. <Roxy! Roxy! You here? You made it with the jump? You okay...ungh?>

Struggling against the encroaching blackness, Serphine brought a hand to her head, finally noticing the blood.

Gordan had been still engaged in a furball of fighters when the order came to retreat back to the ship. Dispatching his current target, his wingman took another of his back, and with the rest of Falcon team they sped for the emergency hangar making it in just before the Warp field lashed out.

The Valkyries started rattling around and Gordan instantly transformed to Battloid mode and braced his machine against the wall, floor and ceiling. Others in the squadron started doing the same, but many didn't make it before the Ark hit the water and threw the fighters around the bay. Gordan was shaken around and his mech went offline, but he wasn't hurt.

Once things settled down, and the water started coming in his first thought was to get the Mechs back online and help seal the ship.

As he did so he put out a call "This is Falcon One, all Falcons report status."

Click to reveal..

Justin said either Computer or Know (Tech) could be used...

Computer Roll +11 +2(Advanced computer) = +13

(21:15:31) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 8.+13 = 21

Pilot Roll +16

(21:20:32) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 12.+16 = 28

Originally Posted By: Seraphine Devereaux

"Omoikane! Status on the Warp Drive and Main Power!" Chief Engineer Seraphine demanded, making her wobbly way to a console. Through her MRH, Sera sent a private message to her twin sister's Valkyrie. <Roxy! Roxy! You here? You made it with the jump? You okay...ungh?>

Struggling against the encroaching blackness, Serphine brought a hand to her head, finally noticing the blood.

Seraphine's voice only barely cut through the hell Roxanne was going through. The fight came unexpected and without any warning. Roxanne jumped into the next Valkyrie assuming that the call for all pilots included herself - even though she had no combat flight status. This may cause some trouble with the Admiral later on. That means if she survived this.

Aside from Sera's voice the pain in her arms was unbearable. The impact with the watermasses knocked her unconscious for a second or two and when she came to she only felt pain. She looked around to see if she was hurt if anything was damaged but she found nothing.

All systems were offline and for a moment it felt as if that included her cybernetic replacements. Her movements were sluggish and unprecise and she utterly failed to initiate the starting sequence to get the machine back online.

Click to reveal..
Knowledge (tech) roll to get the Valkyrie started vs. DC 20 (1d20+10=11) Rolled a 1, yay me.

Taking 10 with Pilot check would result in a 25. If that is not ok I'll add a roll of course. Roxanne has Skill Mastery in Piloting

Roxanne almost forgot to answer and only managed to croak <I'm fine, Sera - what happened?>

She still had trouble moving and readjusting but she didn't want her sister to be more worried than necessary. She'd find a way out of this situation. There was a reason why her callsign was "Fate".

Josh's team all reported in with no trouble and immediately they were flooded with requests for assistance on deck and all around the ship, thorughout the factor complex and the mecha hangars.

Omomikaine's voice was calm and smoothe as always. "Situation unknown, currently floating in large body of seawater. Sensor net is down, bridge crew unconscious. I have assumed Command and armed all CIWS and engaged sall emergency bulkheads. You are ordered to lead your team on deck and assist With emergency repairs to Ark's Exterior hull. There are Valkyries there that I need mobilized for an immediate recon of the area. With sensors down, we are blind and deaf."

-----------------------------

At the same time Omoikane spoke to Seraphine. "Warp Core not functional, main power grids off line. Current Status, sensors offline, emergency systems and auxillaries engaged. Bridge crew nonresponsive. I have ordered the CeeBee's to the outer hull to begin repair on damaged Valkyries and the Ship's Hull. I will launch a flight of Valkyiries for Combat Air Patrol as soon as one becomes available. Currently you are the senior functioning Officer. What are your orders?"

-------------------------

Only two of his teammates responded, the other three either being unconscious or dead, their Vakyries laying at odd angles around the bay, in various modes. The two who responded both showed severe damage all across their machines, both from the dogfight and the crash.

"Falcon Leader this is CI Omoikane. Our sensor net is down, what is the status of your team?"

(Your Valkyrie only has slight damage from the dogfight, a little from the crash. Your systems all work, but your sensors are still down for some reason.)

---------------------------

The systems of the Valkyrie were unresponsive, but the controlls worked well enough. Roxanne got her machine standing, but all her electronics were down, she was on full manual control. Mechamorphosis was impossible.

(you may make another Tech of Comp roll, I went ahead and rolled your piloting and you aced it.)

Seraphine listened to Omoikane while she vomited, her concussion making her nauseous. She scrubbed her mouth on the shoulder of her torn jumpsuit and went in search of an intact toolkit, giving her orders on the way.

"Omoikane, send a med team to the bridge - I don't care how overworked they are! Tap into the sensors of any exterior CeeBee or Valkyrie, we'll get what we can. Grant Lt. Commander Devereaux flight status, and compile a list of active pilots and mechs. Any team member without a team leader is to report to other team leaders to fill out the rosters - Grant Lt. Commander Devereaux leader status."

Sera found an intact toolkit, then ran a hand through her hair, trying to stifle her pounding head before sending out a general PA. Sera's voice was a confident, sensual purr, revealing no trace of worry or her own physical trauma.

"This is acting Senior Officer, Chief Engineer Devereaux, all able engineers are to begin immediate repairs, focus on hull breaches and damaged power conduits. All technicians, let's get the main reactor online. Come on boys and girls, do me proud, and I'll get you all tickets to the next Electric Dreams concert."

"Who are we? Pantheon! And Gods do not quit!"

Seraphine began working on getting main power back online, picking up what reports she could on her MRH, while sending another message back to her sister.

<Warp Core was hit just as we jumped and something went wrong. I've granted you flight and leader status Rox. Sensors are down and I need you and the Valkyries out there to fill in while we get them back.>

"Roger Omikane, I'm the only effective from my team. I have 3 pilots unresponsive and two additional heavily damaged Valkyries. However, my sensors are still down. Will contact the rest of the squadron, and move to the exterior. After all I still have the MkI Eyeball."

Signing off from the CI, he switches channels to the Squadron and tries again, "This is Falcn leader to all Raptor Squadron, please respond. If still effective start moving to the exterior asap."

As he does so he starts picking his way through the wreckage and damaged Mecha towards the nearest exit to the surface of the ship, running a diagnostic on the sensors as he goes.

Click to reveal..

Computer for sensors diagnostic +11 +2 (Advanced Computer)

(15:01:43) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 20.+13 = 33

Know(Tech) to try to fix if possible on the run... +10

(15:03:30) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 14.+10 = 24

Josh's team all reported in with no trouble and immediately they were flooded with requests for assistance on deck and all around the ship, thorughout the factor complex and the mecha hangars.

Omomikaine's voice was calm and smoothe as always. "Situation unknown, currently floating in large body of seawater. Sensor net is down, bridge crew unconscious. I have assumed Command and armed all CIWS and engaged sall emergency bulkheads. You are ordered to lead your team on deck and assist With emergency repairs to Ark's Exterior hull. There are Valkyries there that I need mobilized for an immediate recon of the area. With sensors down, we are blind and deaf."

Josh listened intently to Omomikaine, putting a filter on all other, non-unit comm chatter. After she was finished, he got on the horn with the CeBee's. "Ok guys, this is how it is. We're floating in salt water, the sensor net is down and the bridge crew is unresponsive. Omom has taken charge. Our duty is to go outside and begin repairs on the ARK's hull and assist any and all Valkyries that we can, we need eyes and ears out there, ASAP.

This isn't as bad as we've seen it before, but we're the heroes again. Let's move out.

Slider, Sunbeam and Lollipop, you're with me. Box, take Bear, Dog and Hammer and go after the biggest breaches in the hull. We'll go after the downed Valkyries. Flapper, get on the horn with Omom, find out everything you can about where damage is and order of importance for repair. Also filter the comm chatter and get locations of all the Valkyries that you can. Lead us from one to the next, that way we can get as many up and in the air as quickly as possible.

Let's go people, the clock's against us on this one."

George was already in Battloid mode, so he lead his group out of the hanger and scanned the vacinity for any Valkyries that needed help, and headed towards the nearest one. If he didn't see any, he asked Omom for the nearest one and headed for them.

Click to reveal..
(Josh_Johnson): wis (or int) + search

(18:10:55) ChatBot: (Josh_Johnson) rolls 1d20 and gets 3.

(18:11:32) (Josh_Johnson): 3 + 3 + 4 = 13

Originally Posted By: Justin OOC

The systems of the Valkyrie were unresponsive, but the controlls worked well enough. Roxanne got her machine standing, but all her electronics were down, she was on full manual control. Mechamorphosis was impossible.

(you may make another Tech of Comp roll, I went ahead and rolled your piloting and you aced it.)

Roxanne cursed and 'willed' herself to move again. Slowly the pain subsided and she regained control of her limbs. You can make it, Roxy - just focus

Click to reveal..

She managed to get the systems back online while she listened in to what her sister said.

<Warp Core was hit just as we jumped and something went wrong. I've granted you flight and leader status Rox. Sensors are down and I need you and the Valkyries out there to fill in while we get them back.>

Roxy was about to acknowledge the message when the meaning of it hit her like a sledghammer.

I've granted you flight and leader status

That must've been a mistake. She heard Sera wrong.

<Negative - repeat please. What DID you just say, Sera?!>, Roxy couldn't contain her disbelief and breached all rules of protocol. What was going on? Why didn't the Admiral give the orders?

She looked around and saw what was going on for the first time. Her Valkyrie stood up to it's hips in water having changed into Humanoid form. Instinctively she raised her Gattling Gun Pod expecting an imminent attack. How the hell did they get here?

Seraphine's hands flew across broken circuits and her lightning quick mind read and analyzed the reports Omoikane and her MRH sent her.

<Rox, the bridge crew is non-responsive. Omoikane's taken over, but I'm still the ranking officer. I don't know how many we lost, so I sent out orders that team members without leaders are to fill out other teams - and in case we're short team leaders, I made you one. I know you got the skills for it.>

That made much more sense now but Roxanne still didn't feel comfortable with the situation.

<Affirmative. I'll start a CAP taking those pilots without team leaders to form a squadron. Keep me updated on the Ark's status, Sera.>

Roxanne set her Valkyrie in motion scanning the area the old fashioned way - using her eyes.

<This is "Fate" on the open channel calling out all Pilots without Flight leader. Report and regroup on my position. I'm 2 kliks south of the Ark. We start a CAP in 2 minutes on my Mark.>

Click to reveal..

<Roger that Fate, this is Falcon One. I'm the only effective left in my team, although my sensors are still currently still down. I'll join you as soon as I can make my way out of the Ark.>

Well at least someone else is active out there.

He continued to the exit of the Hangar.

Each unit began to mobilize. There were few fatalities as far as pilots went, but at least half the Valkyries were unable to sortie.

Those that could were a jumble of team members,with only Commanche team was intact. All three Squadron commanders were out of action, two with Injuries, and Ozma with severe damage to his Valkyrie and a severe concussion.

Acceptance of Fate's Command authority was grudgingly granted, and soon Valkyiries made their way into the sky, though none of them had full loadouts.

Gordan was the first to pick up the enemy unknown vessels, a full Fleet at least fifteen miles out. His Radar began to pick up aircraft launches.

Shortly afterwards, Fate picked them up as well.

------------------

Josh and his crew's specialized mecha made great strides in repairing damaged mecha on deck, adding six more to the ones already flying.

They had managed to get the two massive breaches where the ion cannon had peirced and struck the core repaired, but that's when The ship began to move.

(Piloting check DC 20)

---------------------

Sera's quick thinking and motivational speech did the trick, as all over the ship engineers and techs began rerouting systems, analyzing problems, and bypassing whatever systems they could. The end result was The Slow building ruble as the ship's four fusion reactors began to function again.

There was a blaring roar as the awesome starlift drives flared to life, and the Ark took to the skies once again as the ship regained full power.

"Main power restored to sixty percent, Starlift system activated, Automated recovery systems engaging under normal mode now, Ship damage assement, Forty percent. Estimated Casualties 1200. Bridge medical team reports Admiral Peet is dead, Captain Clyne is alright, but unconscious, as is Commander Waltfeld. You remain in command Chief Engineer Devereaux."

"My Sensor networks are still down, though short analysis concludes it is from unknown radiation emmanating from the Warp Drive. Do you wish to shut down the Drive?"

Sera pressed her aching head to the resealed console she had just fixed, the composite cool on the skin of her forehead and mostly bare breasts. She felt the thrumming of the engines through her flesh. Tears welled in her eyes and bile rose in her throat.

The admiral and over a thousand dead! It's not my fault, but still feels like it.

"Omoi, shit - shut down the Warp Drive and seal off access till further notice - I don't won't know what that radiation will do to people." Seraphine unsteadily made it back to her feet. "Let's try get the sensors back online. If shutting off the Warp Drive doesn't help, direct me to the nearest problem you can find, Omoikane."

<Rox, I got main power back online, working on sensors now. The Admiral is - Whaddaya see out d'ere?>

Gordan got the sensors working, or at least the Radar as he left the ship, shifted form and took to the sky. With the help of the extra height the Radar's range extended with the LOS horizon and he picked up an Enemy Fleet that was just starting to launch aircraft.

Shit, out of the frying pan into the fire!

<Fate, we got visitors inbound anytime now. Unknown fleet 15 miles out, launching aircraft. What are you orders?>

Click to reveal..

Piloting Roll +16

(22:56:17) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 6.+16 =22

In case it's needed by the Valkyries as well as the CeeBees

The sudden movement of the ARK took Josh by surprise, but he was able to move with the ship. He even reached out George's hand to steady Lollipop.

Noticing that the ship was moving, and that it wasn't that they were under attack, he decided to change up the teams.

Sunbeam, take Lollipop here and look for any more incapacitated mechas. Hammer, meet me topside, center-line. Everybody else, follow Box and finish repairing the ARK. That's your primary concern. Flapper, Hammer and I are going to set up a repair station on top, center-line. Coordinate with Omom and the active mechas that need repairs. Don't swamp us, but keep 'em coming. Also, we need recon of any remaining mechas that are incap.

Good work everybody, keep it up!

And with that, he ran as quickly as he could to the very top of the ARK, to make ready for the damaged mechas that would more than likely be swarming him.

Click to reveal..
(Josh_Johnson): piloting (+dex) check

(18:18:44) ChatBot: (Josh_Johnson) rolls 1d20 and gets 17.

(18:19:17) (Josh_Johnson): 17 + 5 + 7 = 29 (sux)

Originally Posted By: Rorx
<Roger that Fate, this is Falcon One. I'm the only effective left in my team, although my sensors are still currently still down. I'll join you as soon as I can make my way out of the Ark.>

Acceptance of Fate's Command authority was grudgingly granted, and soon Valkyiries made their way into the sky, though none of them had full loadouts.

Gordan was the first to pick up the enemy unknown vessels, a full Fleet at least fifteen miles out. His Radar began to pick up aircraft launches.

Shortly afterwards, Fate picked them up as well.

<Acknowledged, Falcon One. I coordinate from here while we do a recon CAP the old fashioned way.>

Then her radar picked up something and she hesitated. After she realized what the readings meant she had to change her orders.

<Strike that! We've got unidentified bogies inbound. All available Valkyries set an interception course. I relay my radar readings and coordinates to your systems should you still be blind. DO NOT attack unless fired upon. I need to know who we're up against.>

Roxanne didn't like the situation but without proper IFF and no radar or half working sensors there were no educated guesses. She had to play this by the book and trust her gut feeling. An ambush seemed unlikely to her. They already had them trapped before the ARK made the jump. Who knew where they jumped to - these bogies could very well be friendlies or a neutral party. No reason to start another war in their current vulnerable condition.

<Rox, I got main power back online, working on sensors now. The Admiral is - Whaddaya see out d'ere?>

<Sera - we've got multiple contacts at 15 miles southsouthwest from our position. IFF is offline I can't tell if we're facing an enemy here. Sending out all available Valkyries for intercept mission. What's with the Admiral? I need his orders!>

Roxanne readied her Valkyrie to morph into fighter mode as soon as she got answer from the ARK. Currently she was one of the only machines out there that was partially functioning and her sensor-output needed to be relayed to the other fighters. She worked the console of her Valkyrie as fast as she could while she waited for a response from her sister.

Click to reveal..
Taking 10 for my Computer roll. I got Skill Mastery

Sera could hear the massive protective shutters sliding into place around the warp drive, Despite her best efforts the sensornet still remained offline. "Engineer Devereaux, we are being targetedfor cannon bombardment, your Orders? I suggest we launch a preemptive strike with our own cannons."

---------------------

The enemy aircraft looked so primitive, but there was a very large number of them. As both Fate and Gordan drew closer they saw their enemies. Three Naval Carriers though they looked completely retro, with seven main battleships and at least twelve destroyers. Suddenly his sensors blared to life, indicating Gordan had been painted by target aquisition gear. He juked out of it easily, but the fact remained they had advanced targeting and tracking.

--------------------

On the Hull of the ARK, six more Valkyries sortied thanks to the efforts of the Ceebees, and slowly the battle damage of the previous battle was disappearing. Several more engineering ATAC's from thesecond batallion had shown up, and they were working under Commander Stirling to get the foru disabled Valiant class Railguns back into the fight.

---------------------

Roxanne soon found herself nearing the enemy aircraft, shockingly enough they were ancient propeller driven planes. Shooting them down would be like a rocket driven hawk preying on pigeons.

<Admiral is down - I'm the ranking officer left standing, Rox>

Originally Posted By: Omoikane
"Engineer Devereaux, we are being targetedfor cannon bombardment, your Orders? I suggest we launch a preemptive strike with our own cannons."

Fuck... I need a drink.

With a groan and a rush of vertigo, Seraphine sat back up. Her jaw was tight and she wanted nothing more than to give the order to frag them all, but, looking around, she had seen enough death.

"Omoi, send them a hail: Cease your targeting and Identify yourselves, or we will respond in force. The first one that fires, take them down hard Omoi - maybe they'll get the idea, we're no easy meat. Patch me through to the Valkyries in the sky."

"Okay flight-jockeys, this is ranking officer Chief Engineer Devereaux, ARK's sensors are still down and I want to know who the fuck is out there." Though the words were slightly slurred, the tone was hard and icy - most could recognize the voice of Seraphine Devereaux, sometimes known as the 'Big-titted Bitch'. "Are they Alliance, Dominion, Klaatu? Don't initiate hostilities, but by all means, if the fuckers fire upon you, drop them."

The enemy aircraft looked so primitive, but there was a very large number of them. As both Fate and Gordan drew closer they saw their enemies. Three Naval Carriers though they looked completely retro, with seven main battleships and at least twelve destroyers. Suddenly his sensors blared to life, indicating Gordan had been painted by target aquisition gear. He juked out of it easily, but the fact remained they had advanced targeting and tracking.

Roxanne soon found herself nearing the enemy aircraft, shockingly enough they were ancient propeller driven planes. Shooting them down would be like a rocket driven hawk preying on pigeons.

This doesn't make much sense. Who are these people?!

Roxanne made an aggressive roll with her Valkyrie in fighter mode and evaded easily the incoming propeller driven planes. She tried to make out any decals in order to identify who they were up against.

<Admiral is down - I'm the ranking officer left standing, Rox>

"Okay flight-jockeys, this is ranking officer Chief Engineer Devereaux, ARK's sensors are still down and I want to know who the fuck is out there." Though the words were slightly slurred, the tone was hard and icy - most could recognize the voice of Seraphine Devereaux, sometimes known as the 'Big-titted Bitch'. "Are they Alliance, Dominion, Klaatu? Don't initiate hostilities, but by all means, if the fuckers fire upon you, drop them."

Admiral is down?, that sounded more serious than she liked to admit.

<Acknowledged. You heard her, engage in dogfights but don't open fire. Our planes are far superior to theirs. Make them understand that you could drop them anytime you want. I try to reach the naval forces by communication - maybe I can talk them into a truce.>

Roxanne opened all channels on her console and quickly typed in a morse code message. She had no idea how technically advanced her enemies were but she hoped they'd get the message.

Click to reveal..
This is Lt. Cmdr. Roxanne Devereaux of the Pantheon Military Forces. If you open fire on us we will retaliate with full force. Cease fire and open channels for negotiation.

"This is Admiral Raymond Spruance of the USS Enterprise, commander of this task force group. You have invaded sovreign american waters and are ordered to stand down and surrender. Failure to comply will Result in full weapons free status from all ships."

Above the Valkyrie pilots were met by over one hundred fighter planes to the forty valkyries currently flying. The Valkyiries could literally fly circles around them, but there were so many, then it happened. A pair of fghters opened up at one of the Valkyries, hitting its wings. The incredulous pilot called over the net. "We have Rounds fired. I repeat they have opened fire, Requesting permission to engage in retaliation."

Shit-fuck-damn-crap-motherfucker! Where the Hell did we Jump to?

Sera switched to the Pantheon net. <Request denied - you still operational? Good. We'll give them a freebe... this once. Who can blame the American Alliance fly-boys for crapping their pants at the sight of the Valkyries, right?>

Sera shook her head, trying to dispel some of the dizziness, then issued an open broadcast. With a painful effort of will, she kept her voice crisp and clear. "This is ranking officer, Chief Engineer Seraphine Devereaux of the PEF ARK. We had no intention of crossing into Alliance territory it was an unforeseen side-effect due to... technical difficulties. I'm willing to forgive your trigger-happy pilot if you grant us safe passage to Pantheon Territory. Be reasonable Admiral, this doesn't have to end in hostilities."

<Omoikane, target their heaviest cannons and prepare to fire if they open up. For now, leave the fighters for the Valkyries.>

"Gods, these things look like they run on propellers! Why the hell would they do that rather than jets?"

Gordan swung his VF-25 around amid the general furball that was developing as the two groups of fighters started to intermix. While he kept his eyes open to make sure that no-one got a decent line on him, he brought up he's Valkyrie's diagnostics and weapons system to get an idea of his status and remaining ammunition.

Good call Sis!, Roxanne was relieved that Sera managed to keep her cool even though hell was about to break out here. The sky was swarmed with planes but the Valkyries had the enemies easily under control. The bogeys had no chance against their superior tech.

Roxanne made a hard pull and went for a hard vertical dive approaching the battleships at blinding speed while she tried to pick out the USS Enterprise when she made her fly by.

Gordan caught a glimpse of Fate as she dived past, and turned to follow.

<Fate, this is Flash, I got your six. What's your plan?>

Click to reveal..

Gordan's Notice +10

(20:47:50) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 5.+10 = 15

Pilot roll +16 to follow

(21:02:34) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 9.+16 = 25

<I want to end this quickly - if I find the USS Enterprise I try to convince the Admiral with other means. Aggressive negotiations if you catch my drift.>

Roxanne's plan was simple enough - if she could bypass the AA and pointdefense of the Naval carriers she would quickmorph into Humanoid form and point her Gattling Pod directly at the ships bridge. It was western style and a bit crazy but Fate wanted to avoid more unnecessary casualties. Something had gone seriously wrong and she had to get to the bottom of it.

The fleet's AA batteries opened up fillying the skyies with metal, and the two leaders had to dodge heavily amidst it all.

((OOC Piloting Checks DC 28 you do not have time to take 10 here)

The battleships' turrets opened up and shells began splashing around the ARK and her tender ships.

"Engineer they have opened fire. Request permission to engage."

Seraphine gritted her teeth and scrubbed at her eyes with the shoulder of her torn jumpsuit.

<Permission granted. They were warned. Omoikane, you have a go, bring down their AA batteries. Use all operable weapons, save for the Mass Acceleration Cannons.>

Seraphine switched back to open broadcast, her sweet voice cold, so cold. "You were warned, Admiral. This won't be gentle. Tell me when you have had enough. I might decide to be lenient."

Roxanne started to roll her Valkyrie dodging out of the AA fire and pointdefense of the naval cruisers. Her Valkyrie escaped the fire unscathed and she bypassed the defensive perimeter in a matter of seconds. Just before she would collide with the bridge of the USS Enterprise her Valkyrie morphed blindingly fast into Humanoid form making use of her thrusters to stop the machine almost just as fast as it accelerated.

Click to reveal..
(10:46:38) ChatBot: (Joani) logs into the Chat.

(10:46:58) ChatBot: (Joani) rolls 1d20 and gets 18. +15 = 33

Roxanne has Quickmorph 4 Ranks and can morph in one action into any of the Valkyries shapes

(ooc: I managed to log into Beta, yay me!)

The shells that did hit the ARK marred the paint and left some dents on what pristine armor they hit, but the just repaired locations hit cracked and warped. Josh knew his workers would have to turn their efforts fully to ship repair to keep up with things.

Rather they would have had Omoikane not been granted use of the weapons. Immediately CWIS began throwing up firepower, and the enemy fighters fell from the sky, even as the Veritechs themselves began to open up. The end result was devastating. Every American fighter was blasted from the sky.

The CI for the ARK wasn't finished. Laaunching four score of Wombat missiles, she successfully destroyed or disabled all of the destroyer escorts and and the four subs lurking in the water. The twinlinked Laser cannons each holed a battleship through it's ammunition locker and engine compartment totally destroying all seven. The final turret lanced two emerald beams into the Hornet, ravaging its fighter deck and engine room.

Gordan was bounced around by the AA fire, but nothing that caused anything worth noting. Dropping through the sky towards the same big ship that Fate headed towards. It had a big flat deck, and seemed to have been the source of a lot of primitive aircraft. Gordan didn't bother pulling out of his dive, but simply transformed into humanoid form and used the thrusters just enough not to damage his VF as he landed on the other side of what appeared to be the bridge of the vessel from Fate.

With his characteristic speed draw his Gatling Gun pod was in his VF's hand and pointing directly at the bridge before those on the ship had registered his presence.

<Your Call Fate.>

Click to reveal..

Quick Transform 4 like Roxy so all transform are done as a Reaction, and Quick Draw for the Gatling Pod.

Oh no - we're too late!, Roxanne realized that the ARK was already retaliating after another of the hot shots opened fire. Now all she could do is minimize collateral damage. She only hoped that the OppForce Admiral was a reasonable man.

She drew her Gattling Pod just as quick as Gordan did and acknowledged his message <Hold your fire, Falcon 1.>

Roxanne's Valkyrie had her Gun Pod not directly pointed at the bridge but it was clear that only a minor adjustment would be enough to lay waste to everything she pointed it at. Roxanne used the speakers to address the Admiral and his crew.

"This is Lt. Cmdr. Roxanne Devereaux of the PEF ARK - I kindly ask you to surrender or this will be your last breathing day.", her voice was slightly distorted through the speakers and lended her an alien mechanical quality. Still it was clearly discernable as a female voice that spoke to the Admiral of the US-Naval Forces.

Common Admiral - admit your defeat then we all see another day to live and talk about this stupid encounter.

<Falcon 1 - be ready to open fire if they attack me.>

Seraphine stared at the wall monitors in horror, the feeds patched in by the Valkyries showing scenes of utter devastation. The hostile jets seemed to move like molasse and not a one escaped the wrath of Omoikane and the Valkyries. The destroyers and submarines had seemingly no defensive countermeasures and hulls made of paper, the ARK's weapon systems cleaving through them like a cutting laser through butter.

Another wave of dizziness assaulted Seraphine and she vomited again, bile burning her throat as she looked upon the destruction she had unleashed. This was... was a slaughter! What the fuck is wrong with them? They attacked us with antiques - not even - with relics!

<That's enough Omoikane, I think the lesson has been taught.>

Seraphine's voice was shakey and rough from being nauseated as she addressed the defeated Admiral. "I said it would not be gentle. Stand down immediately or else we'll finish you absolutely." Those who had gotten on the wrong side of the Chief Engineer could hear the snap in the voice of the 'Big-titted Bitch' despite it's roughness.

I need a drink the size of the ocean.

There was some shrapnel buffeing Gordan's Valk and several warning lights came on indicating all his left wing missiles were gone.

Fate could only look around as the warships of the fleet died under Omoikane's expert fire.

A shaky voice came over the commline. "This is Admiral Spruance, Commander of the Midway Fleet. We surrender, please allow us to save our men in the water."

It was the voice of a man who had been broken completely, the lives of so many people beneath him snuffed in an instant.

"Engineer Devereaux, the enemy fleet commander is surrendering, asking if he'll be permitted to launch search and rescue opeations. Do you want our units to assist?"

Seraphine felt fresh tears run down her cheeks as she listened to the broken Admiral of the broken fleet. I - I cost him the lives of possibly two-thousand of his men, maybe more. Their deaths, it's all on my head. Why did I ever bother staying with the PEF? I should've left when I flunked flight school.

"Surrender accepted, Admiral Spruance. You are granted permission to launch search and rescue operations. We will provide all the assistance we can."

<Omoikane, stand down and send out any able-bodied unit to assist.> Seraphine considered holding back a team, just in case, but a glance back to monitors showing the debris-filled waters told her it wasn't necessary.

Unsteadily, Seraphine got back to her feet and began to make her way back to her quarters, a hand on the walls to help her keep her feet.

She had several bottles of spirits stashed there, purely for moments of celebration.

And desolation.

Roxanne kept her guard up and listened in to the exchange of communication on the open channel. From her vantage she could see the immense devestation the ARK had put to these ancient ships. What the hell was going on? This was like a 12-year-old bullying a 4-year-old. They never had a chance

There were so many questions she wanted to ask but right now there were other priorities. While she wanted to help on the S&R mission she knew it would be strategically important to keep an eye on the enemy Admiral. She wanted to ensure things kept 'in line' and chances were higher if someone was keeping a watchful eye on it.

<Falcon 1 - we're going to stay here and guard the enemy Admiral until we can pick him up.>

Sera - I got the enemy Admiral here. Maybe you should sent a pickup team so we can ensure their offer of peace lasts beyond the first natural response... and there was nothing you could do, Sis. You should have seen what was going on out here. Some trigger happy glorious bastard decided against all reason to attack us... they never had a chance. I'm sorry I was too slow to prevent further casualties.

Roxanne spared her sister the true extend of the massacre - she wasn't cut for this kind of things. Actually Roxanne doubted herself that she fully grasped the extend of the damage they've done. From the looks of it there were many casualties...

Groggy and uncertain, Juliana slowly became conscious, in the middle of sick bay, feeling aweful. After a moment touching the bruise on her head, which was giving her a throbbing headache, and the bandages around her left arm, she looked around for anyone present, who might know what was going on. "Hey, anyone know what just happened?"

Boats were launched and the Valkyries began skimming the surface in guardian mode, picking up survivors of the attacks and ferrying them to the Enterprise and the Yorktown, the only ships capable of movement.

Within the medbay a nurse saw Juliana stir, made a quick note and shot a com to Sera. "Chief Engineer Devereaux, Lieutenant commander Daylena has just woken up, Do you wish for her to return to active duty?"

As she waited for a reply the nurse looked to Juliana. "Something went drastically wrong with the warp drive and we emerged somewhere over the water. An Enemy battlefleet called for our surrender and and then attacked us when we didn't. Beyond that I really don't know much more. The entire ship's in chaos. I know they scrambled all the Valkyrie pilots we could."

Archived