Mutants & Masterminds: Galactic League - Idea- Galactic Legion

Krul

galaticleague.jpg

Behold, the fastest, most maneuverable starship in the Galactic Cluster, the GL 7000, a ship that is only available to the Galactic League. For its size, it’s also one of the most powerful starships. The Impulse drive is required when one is too deep in a star’s gravity well (Varies according to the size of a star). It operates as both a vehicle and a base, giving League members access to considerable resources

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1125/galaticleague.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to characters and players knowledge of one another, I'd like for a more organic system, except, of course, as GM I should know the numbers. Also, not nessarily everything should be know about one another.

Instead of saying, for example, Strength 20, Enhanced Strength +10 Super Strength +8, I'd prefer: <Character name> possesses increadible strength even by Superhuman standards, able to lift a maximum of 400 tons.

Player Concepts So Far

Superhuman TK-Starfighter Paragon Archetype(Starfighter) - Justin

Psionic race/Human Descent(Mental Psionic - Transformation) - Seraphine/Yseult

Engineer Alien(true alien) - Forge

Shapechanging AI in a Nanotech/Liquid Metal Body(Literally is the Ships AI) - Mr. Fox

Diplomat/Human Descent, with Significant variation - Dawn

Concept in the Works - Joani

Undecided - Noah

Undecided - Rorx

Needed: Pilot, Gunner, Navigator, It's not certain if Mr. Fox is going for Captain or not either, he may pick on of the others

Concepts Open: Energy Contoller, Mystic/Mage, Speedster, Brick/Powerhouse, Martial Artist/Chi user, and anything else you might come up with.

Since Fox just mentioned that he couldn't be captain due to his concept, I'd like to offer my diplomat as captain of this little ship. I assure you she'd be a fair if hard leader, who would seek a peaceful resolution before unleashing the fiercest of you on our enemies like a murder of rabid wolverines with a rubber band around their balls.

Or you know... something like that.

laugh

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Since Fox just mentioned that he couldn't be captain due to his concept, I'd like to offer my diplomat as captain of this little ship. I assure you she'd be a fair if hard leader, who would seek a peaceful resolution before unleashing the fiercest of you on our enemies like a murder of rabid wolverines with a rubber band around their balls.

Or you know... something like that.

laugh

And, as one known to prefer diplomatic solutions, the Galatic League would actually prefer a diplomat in command, so, unless anyone objects, or has a Captain concept in mind, I would say it's a good idea. And no, this doesn't mean the Captain concept is taken, if someone wants it, go for it.

Galatic Leagues Symbol:

fractalstarbyobsidian49.png

Edit in: I had settled on the previous one, but then I found this, and liked it better, the colors are more what I'm looking for. So this is the Galatic League's Symbol. Also, I like the star within the star, within the star, it's more fitting to the nature of the Galatic League, each additional level is added as one is higher in rank, first the blue, then the pink/red, then the gold.
http://obsidian492.deviantart.com/art/Fractal-Star-64929073

Please use the following template when you give me your character sheet.

Character Sheets

Name:

Origin:

Stats

Str

Dex

Con

Int

Wis

Cha

Attack

Defense

Saves

Fortitude

Reflex

Will

Toughness

Powers

(Mark Arrays as normal or dynamic, and put arrays together like below)

Array (Points)

- Power 1

- Power 2

Feats

Skills

Drawbacks

Special - Game Prop

Galactic Patrol Uniform (The look of the uniform is up to the League Member, only the League Symbol is constant)

Device + 7 – Hard to Lose, Restricted x 2 - Formatted to a single DNA, Brainwave, Spirit Pattern, can only be used by the member it’s issued to. [0 Cost, Game Prop]

Psycom – [Communication + 4 (Mental: Selective, Subtle x 2 ; Area, Limit – League Members)]

Universal Translator [Comprehend + 2 (Speak and Read all languages)]

Void Preserver [immunity +9 (Life Support)]

Mystic Sustainer [immunity + 1 – (Starvation & Thirst)]*

Armor [Protection + 4]

Psychic Reinforcement [Mind Shield + 2]

Lie Detector [super Senses + 2(Acute Awareness – Lies; Hearing Based)]*

(Type) Enhancer [boost Powers + 4]*

I need to hear back from Rorx and Noah, first, as they are the only ones yet to indicate they have a concept and are working on it, or even confirmed that they want to play, as I have only eight slots available for players. If one of them wants to opt out, or fails to respond in a week or so, I'll allow you to claim one of the open spots.

Superhuman TK-Starfighter Paragon Archetype(Starfighter) - Justin

Psionic race/Human Descent(Mental Psionic - Transformation: Telepathic) - Seraphine/Yseult

Engineer Alien(true alien) - Forge

Shapechanging AI in a Nanotech/Liquid Metal Body(Literally is the Ships AI) - Mr. Fox

Diplomat/Human Descent, with Significant variation - Dawn

Concept in the Works - Joani

Undecided - Noah

Undecided - Rorx

Yes, it's 180 points, I feel that I should point out, Justin is creating a powerful Telekinetic and Sapphire Rose is planning to be a powerful telepathic Character.

Now, I don't mind some overlap, but I do suggest you concentrate in a somewhat different area they do, like Clairvoyance for example, with perhaps a bit of telepathy and telekinesis to back you up.

Excellent, good to know, here's an updated indication of characters

Dawn(Healer/Diplomat, Captain, Senior Guardsman): Namiah Daylan

Justin(Telekinetic Paragon, Senior Guardsman): Unnamed

Seraphine/Yseult(Elan Telepath): Sapphire Rose

Forge (Engineer Alien Cosmic Energy Control): Unnamed

Mr. Fox (Ships AI Shapechanger || potential Navigator?): Unnamed

Rorx (Lensman Concept): Unnamed

Joani (Concept in Works): Unknown as of Yet

Noah: Awaiting Reply

Just realized I made an error on the patrol uniform, it should be Boost + 8, sense the range is personal only. Technically this would give some of you a teleport/telepath range of universe.. but I'm going to limit that to range of 18 at the most, I don't want people reaching beyond the galaxy range with those powers.. outside of special circumstances.

Ah, well, I have to say that's a cool picture for the Engineer, and it looks like Namiah is going to be your captain.

Captain/Diplomat - Namaih (also Healer)

Cosmic Energy Control Engineer - T'aeg

Extremely Powerful TK Warrior - Unnamed (Justin's Character)

Ship's Avatar & Shapechanger (possibly Navigator &/or Pilot also): Mr Fox

Extremely Powerful Telepath - Sapphire (also Interrogation & Diplomacy)

Noah: Awaiting Reply (If I don't get a reply by Friday, this spot goes to Katalyst)

A Mage/Mystic would be a good idea at this point, as would a Speedster or Martial Artist/Chi user. Your captain knows some martial arts, but it's a purely defensive style after all.

Originally Posted By: Krul
Your captain knows some martial arts, but it's a purely defensive style after all.

A purely defensive style called Nien Trhi Chintal, or The Sweeping Fold, which she will happily teach anyone who has the six or seven spare years to master it. wink

By the way, since some of us appear to have been around for a while, who would like background ties? Krul, is this ok with you, or are we all going to know each other by reputation only?

Background ties are completely ok, in fact, I was going to suggest that some of you know and perhaps even work together in the past, for that matter any connection you want to go with, I'm willing to allow, if it makes sense. And sense Noah has withdrawn, this is the updated players & concepts

Captain/Diplomat - Namaih (also Healer)

Cosmic Energy Control Engineer - T'aeg

Extremely Powerful TK Warrior - Kaien

Ship's Avatar & Shapechanger (possibly Navigator &/or Pilot also): Mr Fox (Unnamed)

Extremely Powerful Telepath - Sapphire (also Interrogation & Diplomacy)

Katalyst: Gunner Concept

I've added a thread on some of the powerful organizations, this isn't the limit of them, just some of the better known.

More May be added, as players you are permitted & encouraged to suggest groups to the GM, particular good and well designed groups may gain a extra power point or two

Additionally, once your character is submitted and complete in the character profiles thread, you may begin writing fictions involving your character. These fictions can gain 1-2 power points for your character per month.

Magic is a good one, it's the one no one has touched upon yet, and I was going to actually ask you if you would look into it, when you checked in. I've been holding a spot for you, sense you said you wanted one and were working on a concept.

The Actual Name of the GL-7000 is up to you all, as your her first crew. Spaceship battles are a bit different then regular battles, I'll go into that latter. Starship weapons tend to be a bit ineffective on small targets as they have difficulty targeting anything smaller then a car or truck. And yes, it's powerful, as I said, operates as a vehicle and base, and is a good example of D-Tech at that.

It's also almost useless if you need to move though a city, or on a planet's surface, or underground.

Galactic League Commendations

Galactic Stars

- Given for meritorious service, above and beyond. some of the more active or long serving members of the league have a great many of these. [These cover just about all regular medals or awards, that said, they are not given easily.]

Galactic Nova

- Given to those who are seriously injured in the line duty, usually in defense of others. [Purple Heart]

Galactic Cluster

- Given for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding services and achievements. [Equivalent to the Legion of Merit, vary rare one gets this medal]

Galactic Nebula

- For Service above and beyond the call of duty, Courage & Determination in the face of Adversity, in the finest examples of League Tradition, the Galactic Nebula is awarded [This is equivalent to the Medal of Honor, and it is rarely awarded, those who bear it are some of the most respected and honored individuals in the League.]

You can have Stars and Nova's on your sheet as you like, for the Cluster or the Nebula, talk with me first.

Actually, Dawn came up with the first two of those, for Namaih, I came up with the last two after I looked at what she had. Some of the other groups may give out commendations as well to members of the League who particularly helped them or their agenda.

Archived