Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Virtus Arach - BESM Madness!

Dave ST

Good work on the mingling guys n' gals, it was a good read.

We now have three jobs posted but I can't start the threads until you guys tell me who is going where.

This is a self involvement game, you have to involve yourself and let me know what teams are, who is going where and then I'll get things going for you.

I have the next couple of days off so I'll be expanding on the rules thread about how Combat will work and various other things. If you have any questions you'd like answered ask them so they can be addressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, um, just a question for Ryoma and Crystal's players.

How are you going to get the specs for the contract you're supposed to be carrying out, now that asking Hozen isn't an option? Some important details like who and where the bandits are, and what exactly is going on, seem to be missing there.

I'm not asking because I'm questioning your RP; I'm just genuinely curious how you plan to move that story along.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryoma, Crystal... since your opportunity to obtain in depth information about the job was blow to hell with Crystal's fantabulous etiquette, I need either one or both of you to write up an IC post that describes not only your plan, but it's execution. Just because these bandits are grunts, it doesn't mean they're stupid... well, not all of them.

Shayla might be very capable illusionist, but her illusions do not last long enough to make them a capable disguise. She has Magical Energy and spends it just like you guys do.

• 4 months later...
Guest Anonymous

Any room for another player, when this gets going again? Sounds like fun and I've been looking for a BESM game. I do admit I don't have any experience with the system, so would need some help with mechanics, but I've been rping for nearly 20 years and know my way around a game.

Please let me know if you're open to the idea.

OK

First- nobody actually did anything. We discussed it. By "We" I mean the 4 players that bothered to reply.

Second- We decided to wait. The game is exactly as you left it, and there's even somebody who was interested in joining.

Third- It's still your game Dave.

We didn't wait true, but all we did is talk about what could be done. if you want an apology, then I apologize and accept the blame for starting that line of thought. Your post led me to believe you wouldn't be around, so I thought to take steps to see that a game I enjoyed remained active.

I did not intend this as a slight to you, and I apologize. I would really enjoy for you to continue running the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I would prefer you didn't, Justin. Honestly VA was designed to be cheeky, campy, fun and driven on story. Your hack n' slash style of one battle after another in an attempt to amass the largest body count in history doesn't fit where the game was headed.

The proof is mostly in the fact that you made an eviscerating, blood thirty warrior among a group of goofballs.

You have too much on your plate as it is. Shadows barely gets more than a few lines worth of story from you and when we do its not even spell checked or is riddled with difficult wording that we have to attempt to decipher. They honestly seem like they've been thrown together in a quick five minutes to placate the players. No offense dude, but you're stretched thin, and it shows.

This story needs more than that, and more than I feel you can give it. While there is nothing stopping you from starting your own BESM game, I'd like for my NPCs and story concepts to remain where they are and out of the hands of others.

Now, I may get over the whole thing where a guy has personal issues in his life so the people he 'games' with don't bother waiting 24 hours before they try to take over his concepts and ideas, but I'm actually still a bit irritated by it.

You can argue that you decided it was a bit premature, but you didn't decide that. Vivi had to go off on a few people in the chat room first and then you decided to back off and wait. I mean seriously guys, less than 24 hours?! Can you actually understand why I'm irritated?

Justin, when you went into the hospital on the 25th of February how pleased would you had been if after you posted about passing out we just took it upon ourselves to just start nominating a new ST for Shadows? You'd prolly be like, 'WTF'?. The point is that you are far more important than the game itself. If you're sick, we wait. If you need time, you take it. It's just a game and we would all be willing to wait for you to return. Placing the importance of the next post over the individuals involved is pretty demented.

I mean for fucks sake people, can a guy actually go and get a few things straight in his personal life? Am I allowed to do that? Can I PLEASE, with sugar on top, take a fucking break from this fantasy world you guys seem to cling so damn dearly to for just a little bit and fix a few things that, by leaps and bounds, are far more important than an RPG game? But what I see is that you all are so damn impatient and so entrenched in the fantasies that you've created for yourselves that the concept of waiting for just a little bit almost grew foreign to you.

When you care more about the game than the people who are involved in it, there is a serious problem. That's why I'm irritated and that's why I'd prefer Chosen keep VA right where it is for now.

Archived