Death Star vs. Borg

Anomie

I actually started this thred as a kind of joke; a big sphere vs. a big cube. Get it? But thanks for answering anyway.

And if anyone doesn't mind I have some thoughts I'd like to post here, but I kinda wonder if that would make me sound pompus and arogent, you know asking people for there opinion then saying there wrong. But what should I worry about, just saying that makes me sound kinda pretensious, doesn't it.

Then, of course, there's the problem of the Death Star's weapons still being Lasers.

Lasers won't even penetrate a Federation Starship's Navigational Deflector. Now, admittedly, Borg Shields work slightly differently to Federation shields, but merely deflecting excited, coherant photon streams... You'd think the Borg have done that at least once or twice in their many successful attempts to assimilate new species...

In short, We would have Darth Borg. Or perhaps Borg Vader.

The Borg would woop all over any if not all of the Star Wars Technology.

But remember, Its all apples and Oranges anyhow.

I followed up on the ST vs SW thread... as near as I can tell ST's big problem is that the empire is just so big and ruthless.

The Borg might be a different story. Even assuming that the Death Star wins the first round, that might not mean the end of it. Killing the Borg may just encourage them (AH HA! NOW THESE CREATURES ARE WORTHLY OF ASSIMULATION!!!).

• 2 months later...

At one time, I would have said that a machine-being would not have any connection to the living force...

But, after seeing the travesty of Episode 1, and those fugging midi-chlorians... The possiblity now exists. (had to explain old dark helmet boy now didn't we?)

Besides, all I need is the SDF 1... as I've said before.

I firmly come down on my own side: that a giant cube and a giant ball combined would still be no match for a dimension-hopping abandoned alien trade ship powered by a caged baby universe, and staffed by six or seven of the most ruthless superhumans that ever lived. smile

But that's me. I always liked comics more than movies.

It's a Wildstorm comic, Dr. Troll, called The Authority. It's about a group of powerful superhumans who've decided that it's not enough to save the world from the invasion-of-the-week - that it has to be a world worth saving. When not repelling invasions from parallel Earths or engaging an army of superhuman clones, they're forcing China to withdraw from Tibet and deposing Southeast Asian dictators. They remind me a little of Project Utopia - that is, if Project Utopia had a dimension-hopping spaceship. smile

1: The Authority...

Guardians of Order is releasing an RPG based on that series. Probably a sourcebook for Silver Age Sentinels. http://www.guardiansorder.com

2: My favorites?

Well, now that we're whipping out comic book references, all I need is some beta-technology, namely a phantom ring, and do some hulk-smash style beatdown. Try adapting to tech that is so powerful that it resembles magic. Oh, I'll be sure to bring some friends. ^.^

3: SDF-1 vs. Death Star and Borg Cube

My money is on the russian speaking captain on the bridge of the most dangerous ship in existance.

Yes, I keep saying it, yet I still stand by my word.

Having had Privy to playing Star wars, and participating in Starfleet..... My vote is for the Borg.. If any body has the range for the weapons in the games... The borg or just about any starfleet ship would begin blasting atleast 3 times the range of the death star.... not to mention the ships in Star wars pack a very very heavy punch.....

Archived