Jump to content

Aberrant: Stargate Universe - Thieves in the Night


Mr Fox

Recommended Posts

The next morning bright and early the crew who was interested assembled to take part in the mission to steal a ship. Cam had thrown a blanket over a line he had strung between two trees. At the curious looks he received from the group he just smiled and refused to explain until everyone had arrived.

"Good morning. We are going to be going into the lions den this morning. The target I picked is probably one of the most heavily fortified Goa'uld planets there is. There is normally a contingent of nearly half a million Jaffa on the planet, but with the current trouble that could be either higher or lower, but chances are it's higher." He grinned crookedly, "More than that, it is Yu's seat of power and it houses his shipbuilding facilities as well as weapon manufacturing."

Seeing that the rest of the group thought that he had gone mad, he chuckled and added, "It also has much heavier traffic in terms of both stargate usage and ships traveling in and out of the system of any Goa'uld world. Which means with a decent disguise we should be able to slip in unnoticed and and move about with a fair amount of freedom. And that is just what we are going to do."

He bent down to the supply crate at his feet and opened it up, inside were four sets of jaffa armor, and a number of robes of the sort that servants wore. He pulled out robes and handed them to the ladies and passed out the armor to the men. He pulled out a set of armor for himself. Pointing to the blanket, "Ladies your dressing room awaits."

Opening the second crate exposed four staff weapons and enough zats for everyone. "Everyone get dressed then we'll discuss details." His amusement was plain, "No Earth made gear is going with us at all so please dress the part even beneath. If one of us gets captured we don't want to lose like Santa Anna. He was captured by the Texans because he was wearing silk undies which set him apart from his men."

Once the group was reassembled and doing their best to be comfortable in the unfamiliar garments Cam spoke again, "Ok, I will be the Jaffa in charge of this group. Jaffa outrank servants so if you aren't wearing armor don't give yourself away by speaking to a Jaffa as to an equal. Keep your eyes downcast when being addressed. We're not going there to start a social revolution, but to sneak in, remain undetected and steal a ship."

He pulled a rubber stamp out of the trunk and grinned at the men in armor. "Don't worry the ink will wash off in a couple days." He applied the inkstamp to their foreheads and handed the stamp to one of them to return the favor. When it was done the 'jaffa' were marked as jaffa of Yu.

"There is a small danger that we might get ordered to do something by someone that out ranks us, but that's pretty unlikely. Our cover story will be that we are escorting, aka guarding, the rest of you who are there to bargain for needed supplies for another Goa'uld. You all will be pretending to be servants of Zeus."

"Any questions?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kyria flowed her eufiber into a imitation of the robes he was holding out to the other women; she was eying the cloth with a look somewhere between alarm and distaste. "Will this work?"

She smiled at Cam and gave him an almost apologetic look, "Besides, if I get captured, it's likely not going to be my clothing they're looking at." She pulled the hood up on her eufiber-robe, concealing her face, "What happens if we're actually taken to Yu or one of his underlings to bargain with? They're in a state of war and my guess is that supply trade is a major political bargaining chip right now."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yseult changed into the robes, a little distressed at replacing her quality undergarments for the basic ones that went with them. She kissed the wedding ring she wore around her neck and securely tucked into her equipment bag, that she was leaving behind.

"The language, will it be an issue? How many of us can speak goa'uld?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I can speak Goa'uld, a little gift of the artifact apparently is a facility with languages. Yu is one of the major system lords so his empire ought to be big enough to account for some difference in dialects and accents in case I don't have it all down perfect. As for actually bargaining, hopefully that won't arise. Since we are your guards we will pretend we are escorting you to where you belong and people who look like they are supposed to be doing what they are doing are rarely ever questioned. When I was in high school two of my friends got up and walked out of band, out of the band building and into the main building to the auditorium. They walked back stage, grabbed a couch that was a theatre prop and carried it out right past the principal's office, down the stairs, across the quad and into the band hall and into the back room. No one ever questioned them because they didn't look like they were doing anything they weren't supposed to do. True story."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan was laughing inside, though only a faint smile creased his lips. This plan was full of holes, and a number of risks existed, his own failings in Goa'uld being one of them embarrassingly. But it was also bold, audacious, and he had the benefit of being on one hell of a team with the other specialists. It was his kind of Mission.

"Never saw anything like that, but In theory it could all go like that. We have any back-up plans in case things don't go smoothely?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cam nodded, "There are two or three To'kra operatives inside Yu's organization. Worse came to worse we might get a helping hand on escaping, but if we have to resort to that we'll be blowing a lot of goodwill with the To'kra not to mention looking like serious loosers to the IOA. I'm not going to lie, this is a risky plan, but it's also bold enough, and so out of the realm of what we would be expected to do that I believe it has a very good chance of succeeding."

"We may or may not achieve our objective, but unless we do something stupid, I don't expect to get caught. There are enough visitors and strangers there that we won't seem out of place and we have some big advantages."

He pointed to Aradia, "Ari here can make herself look like one of the Gou'ald, even Yu if needed, or a Jaffa in high standing and simply order other Jaffa to do as she commands."

Pointing to Kyria, "She can read our enemies minds and place memories in their heads. With her help we can get into places and out without them even being aware that we ever showed up, and that's if we walk right up to the front door."

Steve and I both can interface with their computer systems. "As long as one of us are conscious no cell can hold us if it has an electronic mechanism in its door. By the same token, no door is going to keep us out of anyplace we want to go. Heck, with Steve, the computers won't even record that he was there."

He grinned, "My point is that together in this large team we have capabilities that no SG team or even Goa'uld can hope to match, and that the Goa'uld haven't even considered developing counters for. Now because of that we don't want them to notice us and realize that we have special abilities, so we want to avoid doing anything that might be figured out. That means not shapeshifting into guards or Goa'uld unless we have no other choice because that might raise questions, but we have those options if we really need them."

Cam's smile slipped just a touch, "The one regret is that we couldn't bring Eight with us. His presence would have been invaluable, but we just don't know him well enough to know how he'd react under the circumstances."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yseult looked down, trying to cover her face as she tried to place a neutral expression on it. Privately, she was glad that Eight was not here - she was not pleased by his presence in the SGC, despite the value of the Library of Ra, which she would dearly love to see. Ever since the problems with Anise and the Atanik Armbands, Yseult has had little liking for any goa'uld, even the ones that were supposedly their allies.

She would be keeping an eye on him, and making sure her files were well protected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Omar looked ath the Goa'uld armor and shrugged. While his eufiber could be made to look like the armor, it would provide no protection. Even though he was almost impervious to their weapons, he reasoned that more was better. He had his eufiber change into undergamrmets that he had seen on captured Goa'uld. As he began to suit up, he realized that it might not fit.

"Excuse me Colonel, but do these come in XXXXL." Omar held up the suit of armor and eyed it skeptically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gwyn got changed quuickly and refamiliarised himself with a staff weapon as Cam outlined the mission parameters. When someone asked about the language he chipped in, "I've been studying since we joined the SGC, I think I've got a fair grasp on it now."

He smiled as Cam finished outlining his audacious plan and how peoples powers could be used to help.

"Ok, so we walk in through the gate, brush off any questions and do what? Head for the shipyards to steal a ship, or grab a cargo and a ship to move them with? Also what size ship are we talking about? I'd kind of assumed it would be a cloakable cargo ship that we wanted."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cam pointed to one of the sets of armor. "Try that one Omar, it's one of Teal'c's old sets. It will be tight, but you should fit."

"As far as the ship goes, we'll take what we can get but we definitely want one that can cloak. Once we get the ship we'll make a few random jumps in a direction away from earth and this planet and then return here. That should throw off any pursuit."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aradia took a few minutes longer to come out than the other women, because she first sat down with the robes, focusing on them long enough to attune them to her shape-shifting skills. She got changed then into the robes, and altered her hair somewhat to a plain, streak-less brown that would attract less attention if her hood happened to be pulled back. She listened to the plan quietly, and though she was sure there were probably a billion things that could go wrong, it was still way better than she could've come up with, so she was willing to go with it.

"Okay.. so I guess if you need me to change into anything without anyone noticing, maybe you can relay it to Kyria mentally, and she can pass it on to me? I fixed the robes, so they'll go with me if I have to shift."

Click to reveal..
QP -1 for Attunement: Total QP Remaining: 27
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once everyone was dressed and armed Cam moved over to the gate, "Alright, everyone memorize the symbols. We will not have our IDCs so there will be no running back to Earth without coming here first."

Seeing that everyone was formed up he nodded and began dialing. It was a daunting task they were embarking on, but one that would be well worth it to Earth in the long run. Even if they didn't get a ship, just the intel alone on such a major Goa'uld world was worth the risk. Hell, if this worked and they got away without raising any alarms they could always go back for more.

The wormhole formed in it's majestic rush of swirling energy and then stabilized into the shimmering pool of liquid silver they had now become familiar with. Cam and Omar took point with the robed servants of Zeus in the middle and Hawke and Gwyn bringing up the rear. Before he started through the gate he checked his weapons one last time. The unfamiliar staff weapon was cumbersome and slow compared to a P90, but he was happy that if it came to a fire fight then in the hands of his fellow specialists it would be a terrible weapon to stand against. From the gun range, the Specialist's tended to score much higher on average than their non-enhanced comrades.

Moving through the gate, the group was confronted immediately with a group of ten Jaffa all alert and wielding staff weapons. There was also a pair set up with a energy cannon aimed at the gate. Nothing like making visitors feel welcome eh?

Cam stepped up to the leader immediately and snapped a respectful salute fist to chest. "Kaldun reporting. Escorting visitors for purpose of trade to be welcomed on orders of Lord Yu."

The man looked the group over seeing the jaffa marked and all bearing the correct symbol he lost some of his attentive focus. "See them to their destination then."

Just as the group was starting to move again, the man called out, "Tell me Kaldun what part of our Lord's territory where you born in?"

Cam stopped and tried to remain calm as he turned back. These were not at all good odds even if they were specialists, not all of this group were trained fighters.

"I was born of a small tribe to the north of the jade mines where our lord loves most to hunt." He hoped the answer would work, it was part of the information provide by the a To'kra operative who the SGC had saved some time back.

The leader of the jaffa guards smiled, "I have been hunting south of the Jade mines once many years ago. It was most enjoyable."

Cam gave the man that half smile of his and nodded as if in shared understanding then turned and continued toward the large double doors in the wall ahead of them. He could feel the sweat starting to bead on his forehead and restrained himself from wiping at it for fear that it might smear Yu's symbol. Once through the doors it was apparent that the gate was housed inside a temple to Yu. Outside again and under less scrutiny he started off to the right and towards a tall ridge of hills. Even from this distance it was obvious there was a great city atop the them on what must be a plateau. "The ship building takes place on the other side of the city according to our sources. The weapons manufacturing is closer, but I think we should hit our main objective first."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When the jaffa had asked Cam a follow up question, Yseult had gone stiff, afraid that they had been made already. She kept her head down, so that the jaffa would not see the look on her face.

Yseult nodded emphatically, agreeing with Ryan. "Oui, the ship, that should be first."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gwyn listened carefully to the address by the Jaffa, noting the the dialect and accent of his Goa'uld. Other than that he simply maintained a stoic expression and marched with the others towards the plateau.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kyria kept her head down and her ears open. She hated that she couldn't understand what was being said, but it would be a risk to try reading the Jaffa's mind and the last thing they needed on this mission was another risk. She followed along like an obedient servant, only looking up to catch a glimpse of the city they were heading towards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The path wound from the StarGate, down the hills and then back up. It was quite a hike to the city, at least a mile. The path didn't take the straightest route, instead curling around and about the forest. It quickly became apparent why: there were numerous ambush spots, all watched by attentive Jaffa hidden in blinds. Only the most perceptive in the group see the guards slouch back into sloth once the group had moved past their posts.

The city was gorgeous; while the temple had been beautiful, the city surpassed it in scale. Like the temple, it was styled after what would be considered traditional Chinese architecture on Earth. Bilateral symmetry was pleasing to the eye, while lucky door gods - all looking like Yu, naturally - decorated the entrances. The walls of houses came up to the road, and glimpses of gardens and yards could be seen within the homes. Care had been taken with the buildings to make each a work of art as well as a structure; reds, golds and blacks were the predominant colors.

At first, all they could see was the tranquility and divine beauty of the large city, but the specialists became aware of an undercurrent of paranoia and fear. A child who dropped a scrap of paper was scolded* sharply by his mother in another language. A dropped melon caused several people in the street to panic and frantically clean up the mess, looking over their shoulders as they did so.

The reason for their paranoia was finally seen; an overturned cart scattered straw across the street. The specialists were close to it when Jaffa with red accents on their armor appeared. Their eyes narrowed, and they grabbed the people trying to clean up. After they'd sorted out who was the cart owner, two held him while a third began to torture him with a goa'uld Pain Stick.

Click to reveal.. (*Cantonese Language)
The mother scolding the child does so in Cantonese. She tells him that Yu sees all and that he'll bite the boy's fingers off if he despoils god Yu's great city.
Click to reveal.. (OOC Stuff)
I'll give you all a change to react to what you've seen so far. Feel free to ask for more details about anything.

Cam, I'll need a Perception+Navigation roll from you, to make sure you're heading in the right direction. If you aren't using the secondary skills, then use Awareness.

Oh, and I'm running this to let Fox play in his own world a bit. laugh Or should that be firedevil ...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Click to reveal..

(14:23:56) ChatBot: (Cam) rolls 8d10 and gets 10,6,7,10,5,3,4,8.
4 successes


Cam confidently made his way into and then through the city in the direction of the ship yards. The jaffa with the red on their armor was news to him. The To'kra hadn't mentioned anything about them. They had said that it was always a carefully maintained city, but he didn't think this was what they meant. It must be because of the heightened tensions among the System Lords and their worry over Anubis' renewed attack. That snake was like gum on your shoe, incredibly difficult to get rid of.

They would need to get some other robes and dress the ladies like they were from this world, that would make it easier for them to get into the ship yards. It would be nice if Kyria could lift some good intel from some jaffa or important person. To that end he started keeping his eyes open for some place for them to stay, or hide long enough to get the lay of the land.

Speaking quietly to his team, "Ok, everyone keep an eye out for some place to hole up while we gather some intel. Kyria, use your mojo to scan for any useful knowledge. Especially if you see anyone that looks important."

Click to reveal..

(14:31:37) ChatBot: (Cam) rolls 8d10 and gets 9,6,4,3,3,4,5,9.
2 successes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yseult's nails dug into her palms, and her chin was pressed to her chest as she tried to avoid reacting to the screams of the unlucky cart vendor. Her eyes just peeking under the edge of her hood, she tried to locate a likely spot for the specialists to regroup.

Click to reveal.. (Awareness Roll)

Per 5 + M-Per 1 + Awareness 1 = 7d10

Awareness, first die mega (7d10.hits(7)=4 successes

"Cameron, I believe I have found a likely location for our needs," Yseult whispered, barely audible, her head nodding in one direction as her eyes surreptitiously glanced in the direction of jaffa's victim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Click to reveal.. (Kyria's results)
"-he was trying to clean it up! Why does Yu so cruelly expect perfection-

-oh, Yu Huang, great Jade Emperor, hear my prayer; have mercy on my husband, please! He is a good man, he didn't mean to let the cart turn-

-get the show out of the road already. This is causing me to delay my meeting with the dyer-

-going to kill them. They'll kill him, and no one cares, except me. But all I can do is die, too-

-bored. Why does our god set us to beating peasants for nothing? Surely there are more important things for us to-

-has gone mad. Well, there is room for advancement under a mad god-

-how can I get that force shield to work? I'm not hooking it into the ship's systems, right, somehow. What am I doing wrong? Come on, Yuan, think-

-stupid humans, ugly humans, smelly humans... Look at me as you scream! Look at me!


And on and on in similar veins.


Yseult was glancing at an opening into a walled building. Inside, there appeared to be a market, where humans and Jaffa alike were poking through the goods. Better, the market was dark and tightly packed; it would be a good place to get lost in for a while.

Behind them, the man continued to scream, begging for them to stop, howling pain-filled apologies to Yu. Yseult was counting the shocks in her head, each approaching the number where the Pain Stick stopped just hurting and became lethal.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gwyn tried to keep his face impassive, drawing on his memories of Teal'c in almost every situation he had ever seen the Jaffa in. This was sorely tested by the senseless torture of the peasant, but he concentrated instead on where they might go and when Yseault indicated the market he gave his vote with a brief, subtle nod.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yseult followed the others into the market, her jaw achingly tight. She stepped around a stall, making a pretense at studying the fine rugs displayed, concealing herself from those outside in the dimness of the market.

Her turquoise eyes - the irises reduced to a human size by her contacts - locked on the Pain-Stick, rising and falling in the Jaffa's hand. With her will, she reached out, gossamer threads of invisible force wreathing the Pain-Stick. When next the torturous implement was raised in the air, Yseult tightened those threads, contracting them with remarkable power, hoping to crush the Pain-Stick enough to render it inoperable.

Click to reveal..

Brute TK to damage the Pain-Stick enough to break its shocking capability, if not turn it into a pretzel.

Roll: Dex 5 + TK Master 2 + [Quantum][5]

7d10.hits(7)=4 successes + 5 auto-successes [Q5] = 9 successes/bashing damage

If there is a roll to hit, I guess you can just consider the Dex + TK Mastery roll (4 successes), but I'm not sure if one is needed (Yay! for imprecise writing)

Q-Pool 27/30, WP 5/6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Omar decided to go up and question the jaffa as to why he was beating the man so severely. It had to stop. While he was not very good at lying, he might be able to intimidate the other jaffa into stopping. As he began to move towards the Jaffa, and unseen force halted its weapon.

He decided to wait and see what happened. Should the torture continue, he would intervene. As a human, and a former Paragon, it was his duty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cam saw Omar move out of the corner of his eye and luckily the big man stopped himself. As the group moved into the market and found a spot where they could have a touch of privacy he moved over to the Captain.

He spoke quietly so that only the massive Captain could hear, "Let me remind you we are here for a reason and I'm in charge of this mission. No one goes charging off on their own to right all the wrongs of the world. At the very least you would blow our mission and force us to flee. At worst we might all be captured and implanted with Gou'ald only to become the ultimate hosts for some snake who would use us to infiltrate and destroy Earth and it's SIX billion people. Is one man being tortured worth that?"

Luckily for Yseult Cam didn't realize what she had done. Seeing that beating had caused his own stomach to tie in knots but he had to keep reminding himself they were there for a reason and if it was outside the mission then it had to be ignored not matter how repugnant it was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Not to mention that any covert help we could provide would more than likely end up casting suspicion on the victim for what happened." Kyria spoke softly, her own anger at the injustice of the situation firmly controlled. She spoke to all of them, but her eyes were mostly on Omar, "Like it or not, people are going to be hurt and die, and sometimes it's going to happen in front of us or even because of us. We have to weigh the justice of now against the freedom of entire worlds and of the generations to come after. We can't right every wrong we come across in the empires of the Goa'uld if we want to topple those empires."

She glanced back towards where the scene had taken place, her voice still the unnatural calm of control, "Not without risking the whole war."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aradia bit her lip, but stayed silent. Like everyone else, she was appalled by their treatment of the peasants. But an odd combination of fear and practicality kept her rooted to the spot, for not only was Aradia certain that it would completely screw their mission to intervene, but.. like always, there was a little part that whispered in the back of her mind that wasn't willing to risk her neck for people at the cost of her own.. not like this, anyway. Not when she wouldn't really have a chance. It left her with a mildly queasy feeling, and the distinct impression that if the people here knew what she was thinking, they'd all considering her a coward.

At least she was following orders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Pain Stick hummed oddly in the Jaffa's hands; all six of the gathered Jaffa looked at it with 'it's never made that noise before' expressions. With a shriek of sheering metal, the stick suddenly twisted around on itself, nearly tasing the Jaffa holding it. He dropped it with a shocked expression before stomping on it for good measure. The two holding the peasant had dropped him, and he prostrated himself with his head pointing toward the center of the city. With a loud voice, he began to thank Yu for sparing him.

The Jaffa went into a huddle for a moment, their faces suspicious. The incident had alerted them; the ones who had been looking bored where now staring around them with grim intent. Kyria's gentle poke into one of their brains let her know that they believe that someone was defying Yu; they didn't really believe that Yu had stopped the punishment. There was a bit of doubt that he might have done so, but he hadn't before, so why now? They defaulted back to the idea what Yu wasn't that merciful, or merciful at all, really.

Scowling, they began to grab bystanders, going through their belongings, looking for the device that someone had clearly used against them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yseult sighed through gritted teeth - she hadn't meant to damage the Pain-Stick so drastically, but her telekinetic abilities were still new, and still growing. At least now, the Jaffa only seemed to be searching through belongings - they were not on the path to using their implements to torture a man to death.

She followed along with the others, her head down, eyes on her feet, trying to look as nonchalant and innocent as possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In contrast to Yseult Gwyn acts as he thinks a Jaffa should, head up and alert for any trouble or hint of trouble, but maintaining the blank/stoic expression. He keeps an eye out, both on the crowd, and perhaps more importantly the real jaffa that are in sight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When the pain stick exploded, Omar relaxed. He was grateful that the man's beating had been halted and that he had not been forced to break their cover.

He continued to follow the others, with his chin held high in Jaffa-like arrogance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The group continued on, looking for more private accomidations than the market. Cam swung them around the center of the city, knowing that Yu's palace was there, and it would be heavily patrolled, even for this area.

It was Yseult's quick eyes that saw the hingeless gate was just propped up in place, and Omar gave a quick hop that let him see that the house behind the wall was abandoned. They moved aside the gate and slipped into the overgrown courtyard. It had once obviously been a beloved garden, but now the pond was choked with algue and the weeds had overrun the beds.

The front door of the house was painted in red with a symbol. It was kanji of some sort. It had been crudely written with a brush. The house was small, only four rooms and a loft, but the structure was sound. Trash, both organic litter and human garbage, was strewn across the floor.

Ryan found a doll when he went up to look at the loft. It too had been painted, he thought at first, but then he realized it was stained with old blood. Something violent had happened here once. Despite the dark past that was being hinted at, it was the perfect hide out for them - save for the fact that the restroom was a ramshackle shed tucked in a remote corner of the garden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kyria reached up and touched the kanji on the door gingerly. Once everyone was gathered back up again she told, "The people here were accused of being heretics. It'll make a fine hideout, but we'll have to be careful being seen leaving this place." She thought for a moment, "Or running into any other disgruntled or otherwise outcast people of this society. We're probably not the only ones that think this a fine place to hide while engaging in illicit activities."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yseult unclenched her jaw, glad to be out of public view. She hadn't precisely warmed up to field missions yet, and the fact that it seemed any help she provided here would result in more trouble grated on her sensibilities.

She just nodded at Kyria's explanation of the kanji, and walked the abandoned grounds herself, getting a feel for the layout with her developing hyperspatial awareness. She kept an eye out for any other means of egress, just in case the worst happened.

The sight of the doll, obviously stained with blood to her trained eye, made her frown, thinking of her daughter.

"Who will be staying out of sight, and who will be on reconnaissance?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cam saw that they all moved in quickly and unobserved. Once inside the house he started delegating. "Ok, Kyria, your job right now is to find out useful info. Priorities: 1) Find a ship, that means find someone that has broad access to the ship yards or those ships parked or in orbit. Someone that can get inside. Once you do, see if you can get a clear image of that person looking in a mirror from their mind. Give Aradia that image so she can practice. That way we can get inside the easy way. You come up with the codes, Aradia can enter them and pretend to be the big shot." He considered for a second then added, "Well, don't pick the most important person there, just someone with good access. We don't want to draw attention and if they are too important people will be flocking to us trying to kiss ass."

"Aradia, until Kyria has something for you to practice, please use your ability to look like a local bird and keep an eye on the street. We don't want to be surprised."

"I'm going to see if I can tap any computer systems around here."

"Before that, I want to remind everyone. While we're here we might see some really ugly things, but weigh taking action, even if covert, against 6 billion lives. If we get caught we could be putting everyone on Earth at risk. If we stick to the mission I don't think we stand much chance of getting caught, but attracting the notice of Yu's enforcer's to save a man from a beating is not a good idea. We might see a lot worse than that before it's over, I'm pretty sure the family that lived in this house was murdered by Yu's goons, children included. Keep your wits about you and store up the hate for when we can do something about it, but don't let it control you right now. Right now I need you all cool and collected."

Looking to those not assigned duties, "Everyone else, look around this house and check for secrets rooms and other ways out beside the front door."

Click to reveal..

Goa'uld Tech: 1 advanced skill eliminates the penalties that otherwise would have been incurred.

(1st die mega)

(22:01:00) ChatBot: (Cam) rolls 7d10 and gets 3,10,4,3,4,4,7.

+ 3 dice for his device:

(22:02:16) ChatBot: (Cam) rolls 3d10 and gets 8,4,3.

3 total successes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kyria settled into a corner out of the way of the others and composed herself. From her brief glimpse of minds earlier this would be neither a swift nor particularly pleasant task. Nevertheless, she opened her mind to the city....

Click to reveal..
Telepathy roll for sifting through the minds in the city, let me know if/how many more I'll need to make (or how many successes I'll need to accrue).

1d10=2, 1d10=6, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=5

1 success

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kyria quietly began to sift through the minds available within her range, trying to shy away from the unpleasant ones...

Click to reveal.. (Kyria's results)
"... sold me rotten cabbage! I'll turn him into rotten meat, the crooked..."

"... let me breed his stud to Spring Sunrise; I'd love to see what the puppies would look like..."

"... need to sweep the floors before he gets home... can't make him mad again!"

"... hope Fang's father agrees to the marriage soon. My son needs a good wife like her..."

"... kill us all if the false god learns of us. Don't bring anyone else here without my permission again!"

"... life is beautiful... all the colors are beautiful... this is good hash, really good..."

Cam looked up from the datapad, rubbing his eyes. He was able to access a lot of places; no one around here seemed to have any real skill with computers, so non-essential things were not guarded. He had gotten a lot of information about the city and planet, but none of it was of use. The essential stuff, the things he really wanted, were hidden away behind some tough security. He might be able to break it, but he'd need more time. A program designed to help him crack security wouldn't hurt, either.

Gwyn went out to the back wall. He decreased his density just enough to let him 'climb' the back wall. There was a narrow alley behind the house, as oddly clean as everything in this city. He looked both ways and realized that if someone wanted to sneak away from the house unseen, this alley would be the way. It stretched between the walls here, and he could see gaps between other walls that would allow the brave and the thin to lose themselves in a virtual maze.

Dropping back to the ground, he put the back wall through an extensive search. Finally, he found what he was seeking; a fake stone against the back wall came away easily, revealing a hole just big enough to crawl through. A patch of torn cloth showed that others had used it for just this purpose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kyria focused in on the mind of the person that was yelling at someone about false gods. She tried to delve deeper to learn who the person was and what their true motivations and opinions were. Her voice cut the silence in the room, "I've found someone. They're yelling at someone else about being caught by 'the false god' and not brining anyone to what I assume is their meeting place without permission again. I'm looking deeper. If they seem legitimate and useful, should I make my presence known to them?"

Click to reveal.. (Telepathy)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...