Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - [Public] How Do We Solve The Nova Problem?

Guest Soldier_Of_Fortune

Guest Soldier_Of_Fortune

Somewhere there must be a solution!

Look at what they're doing to our society! They've inserted themselves into our government and usurped away our governments our freedoms and our very rights! They control our minds, emotions and manipulate our thoughts and thus are slowly gaining absolute control of society, and that's just the 'upstanding' ones.

Look at the corrupt and the terrorist novas. They work for crime families or as mercenaries getting paid to diminish our population by the thousands! Paid to kill our species!] Teragen terrorists and their 'One Race' speeches. Do we not see that their only purpose is to eliminate the human race or worse, enslave us, and topple everything we've worked for thousands of years to achieve?

Los Angeles, nova crime is up 34% and the city is powerless to stop it. Manhattan nova crime is up 38%. Miami, 28% and the cartels are pushing poisons to our children even faster and more efficiently now that they are employing 'teleporters' and 'warpers' to bypass the law on top of the mega brain novas designing state of the art chemicals that produce a better high or increase productivity hundreds or even thousands of times over.

These are our children Humanity and they want them dead!

For every 'good' nova there are two 'bad' ones in the shadows. We have no way of knowing who is who. I say it's time to segregate the human race from the nova population and take our planet back! We can not trust law enforcement, they own them. We can not trust government, they own them too!

There are rumors of 'Hyper Breeder' novas. Breeders. They are breeding! They impregnate themselves and use time manipulation powers to alter gestation period to days or minutes instead of months! They submit the young to a complete telepathic education in a matter of minutes and use time powers to accelerate growth and induce eruption! They are making armies people! Armies to destroy us with.

Take back your homeland citizens of the world! If you see the opportunity, take a nova down before it slaughters your children, family, and usurps your country.

Soldier of Fortune,

For every nova who has inflicted wrongs upon your race, there are literally hundreds of thousands of your own race who have done likewise. No M/R node was necessary for the horrors of Treblinka, the Trail of Tears, or the Taliban. No evolved powers were required to generate generations of bloodshed in the Middle East, Northern Ireland, or even the Kashmir.

I have worked for the past decade to help a baseline human population, one that had been wronged for over a century, reclaim their heritage and their lives. I have done so as a Terat, openly. The Lakota today have more control over their lives than they did since any time since the middle of the 19th century.

Have a number of novas committed horrific wrongs against your race? Yes, and against my own as well. But before you point your finger at us as the source of all your woes and start planning the reservations, you need to clean your own house.

- Ptehehincalasanwin

I see, well, perhaps I was a bit impulsive to respond, and I do know that baseline humans make use of the opnet, but I thought these boards were more or less restricted to novas.

I will say this, I've never killed anyother sentient being in my life, though I was tempted in the case of Obsidian Rampage, so I don't know why someone would hate me so much that they would advicate killing me just because they are afraid of what I might do. By that logic, you should kill anything that might harm you, before it can. To kill another sentient being, who has no intention of harming you, is, in my view, an act of evil.

Are baseline humans aways this frightened of something they can't control?

Guest LAWoman

Being afraid of things we can't control isn't limited to "baseline humans." Honestly? I've never met a nova who wasn't just as flawed as the rest of us, with the same "baseline human" neuroses and failings. In fact, from what I've heard on the news, some of you have got us beaten by a long shot. I don't agree with hate-mongering of any sort, but let's not pretend that novas are any less prone to insanity or failure or simple poor judgment. Remember: Having super-shiny powers doesn't make you a better person. A little less pretension and condescension might be in order.

Originally Posted By: Dauntless
Are baseline humans aways this frightened of something they can't control?

You make it sound like you've never met any, and do you always refer to them as 'Baseline Humans'?

Look people, I've got more power in my pinky than most of you could muster on a good day and I'll tell you right now I can't be controlled. I won't allow myself to be controlled by anyone, nova or baseline. I'm damn sure that scares a hell of a lot of them, on all sides of the fence, but seriously even I see the issue with letting novas run for government.

The guy is right, we have the capability to manipulate the emotions and minds of the populace at large, and that's not right, hands down. It's not my call though, and frankly I don't care who's running the world as long as they stay the hell outta my business.

Oh, and has anyone noticed lately that there seems to be more and more novas working as mercenaries and criminals than there are tying to get paid as municipal defenders?

This world is falling apart people. Get yer bottled water and canned food ready... someone is going to do something stupid any day now.

Well, actually, I should likly just call them humans, rather then 'Baseline Humans' though most of the folks I've know sense I was little were all novas. My parents said were were all humans, so if I say 'humans' I tend to mean all humans and all novas, at least that's been the way it forms in my head. From now on I'll try and use humans and nova's to differentiate.

I've never been quite that afraid of anyone that I needed eliminate them right from the get go.

I've know a few regular humans, one was my martial art's teacher when I was young, and he was good, don't know how typical of humankind he was, but I'll always respect him, and he can call on my help should he need it or desire it.

I'm not trying to be condesiding, or arrogant, but maybe I'm just coming across that way without meaning to.

As to failings, your entirely correct, there are novas out there as bad, or even worse in some ways then any human

There are problems, Bastion, this is true. But the world is not "falling apart". Some places are actually improving. The Lakota Nation is one of those places. Another is Sierra Leone, where Elspeth has removed a military coup and restored that war-torn nation to prosperity.

This is a time of change, and all times of change include turmoil and hardship and violence, as those opposed to change - out of self-interest or indoctrination or fear - act to stop change at any cost. But there is a better world in the making.

- Ptehehincalasanwin

Originally Posted By: Ptesan-Wi
But there is a better world in the making.

I'm sitting on top of a building right now watching three guys beat the shit out of some dude in the back alley of a nightclub. Two blocks over I can hear woman screaming in agony as her pimp/husband/boyfriend slaps her around. So far tonight I've heard gun shots, seen police avoid helping a citizen because it meant they might have to get out of their car.

Several goons I know work for a local Guido have been making their rounds collecting their protection money. Two are novas, because John Q. Public doesn't say no to hyper social novas... or Quantum Mind-Benders.

This the world we live in.

You live in a cave PW. Your opinions and ideas and observations come from that cave. You haven't the courage to leave that place and take a shot at a real the world... the one that's falling apart. Don't you dare tell me this world is getting better, we're just as messed up morally as humans are. We're guilty of the same crimes they are: we're stupid and like hurting things just because we can.

But I know... I know... you and yours are so much better... so much more refined than the rest of us 'non-terats'. You got it all figured out.

Quote:
A million monkeys poking at a million keyboards given infinite time might be able to type out all the works of Shakespeare... That doesn't mean they should be allowed to govern themselves.

Who wouldn't trust a leader or nova with this out look on things, right? This speaks volumes for your 'philosophies'.

SoF is a dick, and he's got his truths (and he has a few in there) all fucked up behind a wall of hatred. But hey, none-the-less I encourage every dip shit with a gun that lives in L.A. to meet me at Santa Monica beach. Take your shots, then I'll take mine. You people do what you feel you gotta do, then I'll be schoolin' you in some quick Darwinian lessons... like dip shits who shoot guns at people just because they feel like novas are evil and need to die... get their jaw jacked and end up on a respirator.

That's in his book... 'Origin of a Dip Shit'. Look it up.

Guest That1Guy

Oh please dude... this coming from the worthless piece of shit that went from 'Superman' to 'Lex Luthor' in a single day. I'd hardly consider you an authority on anything except maybe how to go from 'Hero' to 'Zero' in 3.8 seconds. LOL

Chump.

Sure, humanity has it's problems, but they're our problems. We don't need you novas coming in and trying to solve them for us. Because that's what you do and you call it 'helping'. then when you discover that you can't help, or we don't want your help, you force it on us and tell us things like 'it's in our best interest' or 'we don't understand now, but will some day'.

I mean c'mon, seriously, when do you people understand that 'no' means 'no'. You're doing more harm than good these days. Ever since Utopia got into that ruckus a while back things just haven't been the same. They should require all novas to work for Utopia so they can be properly monitored.

Actually, I believe that a good number of nova's were asked to solve those problems, they did, and now a lot of folks resent nova's for doing so. On the flip side, a number of folks resent nova's for not solving all of the problems. Excuse me, isn't this more or less the definition of hypocracy?

Still, your idea there that every nova should work for Utopia so they can be properly monitored, sounds a bit like slavery to me. If you said that 'every black man should be a slave so that he can be properly monitored', you'd be accused of bigotry, and they would be right, but there was a day and time when many folks actually believed this. And somehow, slavery is ok in the case of nova's?

You point fingers at others, but you sat there watching someone get beat up and all that other stuff you mentioned and didn't lift a finger to help. No wonder the people of LA can't stand you.

Sure bad things happened and people treated you like dirt because you weren't perfect. So what. Everyone has a bad day now and then get over it and be what your heart tells you to be. Did it feel good sitting there on top of that building watching that guy get beat up or when you watched those nova mobsters leeching people out of their hard earned money? How superior you must have felt being above it all and not doing anything about it.

Oh, and I find it hilarious that you constantly bash on the Teragen but totally live according to the philosophy better than most Terats I know.

As for this p.o.s. Soldier of Fortune, Sierra Leone was raped by a baseline dictator out for his own glory and greed. He impoverished an entire nation to feed his ego and because he hated that my parents were novas. It has taken me months to even begin to get the country back on track so that the people, normal humans, have food on the table and jobs to go to, and even have a house with a table in it to put food on. Stop trying to create a scape goat for the worlds problems and do your part in your community to make the world a better place for all of its peoples instead of just complaining and hate mongering.

Same goes for you Bastion. If you don't do your part then don't complain about the terrible things you see.

I feel sorry for S.O.F. With so much beauty in the world, his anger and ugliness dulls it.

I must admit though, that I have seen little of this 'crime' that Bastion speaks of. The people I meet are mostly curteous and genial. I must also admit though, that like Ptehehincalasanwin, I live in a 'cave'. In amny ways, I am like the person in Plato's cave simile, watching the world pass in front of the fire, as it casts it's shadow on the world. What I see is only a negative-reflection of what goes on a wall. Those shadows, of what Plato speaks of, are perception of a false reality. It is from here that I seek my inspiration as I know little of the outside world as it is. Not by choice, but it is the only life I have known and it is most comforting.

Therefore, most of my time is spent creating art. I'm not sure why they call it that, as I simply try to share what I see of the worlds behing the one we live in. In that world, there is not such thing as crime, greed, hate..or even love. It is something I can't explain in words. That is why I make what I do.

Bastion: While it pains me to say this, but I would very much like to see this 'crime' you speak of. Like in Plato's The Cave, I would like to leave it and see the world, the truth, as it really is. Then maybe I will be able to put the shadows in their true perspective.

Superior? Hell no Elspeth. What you really don't seem to understand is that, and I'll spare everyone the recap on the B.S. that happened to me, Los Angeles doesn't want my help. The city doesn't, the people don't, and if I do help them I get jail time. A 'municipal defender' who does his job without the consent of the city or state in which he or she operates is called a 'Vigilante'

Now this is where it get's tricky, try not to lose me little girl. "laying vigilante in California is a felony, and Ive already got a few strikes in case you didn't know. This is a concept you can't understand because as a Terat you understand things like laws but you think only baselines should have to follow them, not novas. On top of that, as you have already shared your personal feelings on the matter, them serving nova laws is preferable, after all you don't think they should govern themselves.

The people of Los Angeles and the City of Los Angeles is getting from me exactly what they have asked from me. Does it hurt to see what I see from my perch? Not at all. It sucks, sure, but it's not my problem anymore. You mistook an observation of the world as a complaint about where it's heading.

I ain't complaining, I'm loving every damn minute of it. They wanted it, they're getting it.

That doesn't make me a Terat just because I'm giving the people exactly what they asked from me, it makes me a bastard, sure, but no Terat.

Netherworld: Stop on by on a rowdy night. We got pimps, gangers, organized crime and pushers... take your pick, I'll show you the sights.

Guest Madhattan

If I may borrow a moment of everyone's time... I'm a baseline, I'm also a leading expert on nova psychology and culture. Who in particular is not relevant since it's not my name that's important but the message I'm going to attempt to convey.

I find it common among people today to quickly throw out the term 'baseline' or 'nova' or even 'Terat' and 'Utopian'. How quickly we seek to place a label on the other side as if it will justify our actions to others -or ourselves- based on factors of superiority or genetic lottery.

Bastion, I notice, seems to harbor a lot of ill will to Terats. His previous record shows that he battled very few members of the Teragen, but in each case he was justified in his use of force. So why then does he blanket term them all? Simple. The Teragen has be made into the modern day boogy-man. The bad crowd that young novas need to stay away from or daddy will disown them.

Truth be told, they aren't all bad at all, in fact they're about as normal as anyone else. A fair percentage of them keep their noses clean and do great works for not only the species as a whole but for the surrounding communities. Hardly what I would call worthy of demonizing. Most Teragen slander is, in fact, the product of Utopia since most Teragen members tend to work their good deeds with little paperwork and planning they are usually several times more efficient in doing what needs to be done whereas The Project has so many intermediaries, paperwork, and a waiting list as long as the Golden Gate Bridge. I say this confidence and have the statistical data to prove it.

Ptehehincalasanwin has worked wonders within the Lakota nation and breathed life back into a noble culture resurrecting an ancient and spiritual second wind to a people who'd thought all was lost. Did she stop at just the Lakota? Of course not, she and the people she spiritually guides have taken their rekindled culture to the surrounding communities where all, Lakota, white, black have prospered.

The school districts surrounding Inyan Kara achieved the highest percentage of high school graduates in the nation for the seventh year in a row thanks to the efforts set forth not just by Ptehehincalasanwin, but all the people she works so closely with in a desire for success.

Not bad for a Terat. You don't see that on the six o' clock news do you?

Elspeth seemed to feel it necessary to point out it was a 'baseline dictator'. Would a nova one had been better? Are novas not prone to the mistakes we 'baselines' are? Certainly not. Do I fault Elspeth for saying such? Again, certainly not. It's the way we seem to be conditioned these days by our media and peers. We're labeling everyone, and it's not uncommon to immediately point out someones most obvious flaw when we're dealing with them. That flaw being: they're not like you.

As a baseline I could no more fault her than I could Bastion for Terat dropping every time he's mad at a nova. But let's take a look at Elspeth, shall we? The famed Ivory Princess, proclaimed Terat. She has taken great pains to remove the person in power of Sierra Leone and restore that place to its former glory for the sake of its people. Will she or her parents do any better? None can say, but her being baseline or nova in the process of working for her people is irrelevant.

Yes, her choice of words was certainly a poor one and she certainly stuck to her guns until Bastion pointed it out (we've all noticed here at the office that it's not on her signature anymore). Bad form, but hardly worth demonizing someone over. Have I said things I regret? Certainly. I've told jokes in poor taste, used racial slurs and I swear like there's no tomorrow (you should hear me on the drive home everyday). Fact is, if words alone were enough to condemn us, we'd all be on our way out.

I'm sure the people of Sierra Leone are grateful for what she has done for them and we hope she brings prosperity and hope where there once was none. Not bad, for a Terat.

Soldier of Fortune certainly has reason for concern. Before I say more I'd like to stress clearly that I in no way condone his methods or his hate mongering, I simply understand the points he's trying to make in between all the hate.

An individual who has the ability to control the emotions, thoughts, decision making process, or to completely possesses an individual to the point of removing or impeding their free-will has no place in any position within the ruling body of any city, state, or nation. Some may disagree, and I'll concede that there are obvious bonuses when it comes to mediation with other hostile nations, difficult countries, and beneficial negotiations. While there is certainly a lot of upsides to expedient negotiations in favor of peace and prosperity to all involved that doesn't make it right and it is, at the very least, just a short cut. Prosperity for all species should be gained through short cuts.

Now, that's just the American in me. Freedom this, right to that... but I would never trust a president that possessed the ability to strip or diminish anyone of their ability to think for themselves.

So, the bottom line is nova and baseline are irrelevant. We're both capable of stupid things and there are just as much of us trying to make the world burn as there are those trying to save it. It's no one particular sides fault. I just hope we can find peace eventually.

P.S. Bastion, about two and a half years ago you saved my son while we were skiing at Tahoe Donner Resort, do you remember? I just wanted you to know, that even though you were no longer working for Los Angeles at the time if you hadn't done what you did I would not have watched him graduate just a few short months ago. The broken leg he suffered unfortunately ended his chances for college football but he's found a new career path that I'm quite pleased with. You have no idea the gift you gave to me that day. No parent should ever have to bury a child and it was thanks to you that I did not have to. 'Thank you' doesn't begin to cover it, but I'll start there.

As for everyone else, 'nova' and 'baseline' I hope you all find what you're looking for in life and that peace and prosperity await you when you get there.

Thank you for your time,

~The Madhattan

Quote:
Yes, her choice of words was certainly a poor one...

My words were chosen quite deliberate. This discussion began with the premise Novas = Evil. I was pointing out an example of Human = Evil. The point I was making was the same as you have just so elegantly made. Species makes no difference. Evil = Evil and a person's genetic sequencing has no bearing on the issue.

Archived