World of Darkness: The Academy - OOC Planning: The First Steps

Dawn OOC

Thus far, Lucia has suggested:

1) a group should contact these Neri

2) another should seek out the Caramines to see if the treaty can at least be extended

3) another group should stay here on campus and keep an eye on this door and those students that have been Selected

People seemed to like this, and so far, we had a couple of interested volunteers. There is another option:

4) go explore the wider worlds and hide from the Harvest.

I'm giving you three days of downtime. I've already had two PCs let me know what they're doing for part of that time. During that time, you can learn how to use the Doors from Brihn or Brahn, and learn any information that was shared in 3a. If anyone wants to spend time learning some new skills, let me know; unless it's really bizarre, you can find someone who knows at least the first dot of it. But I'd like to end that three days by moving into the next IC actions, which may or may not be what is above.

This is easier to coordinate OOC rather than IC. So coordinate. smile Are we groovy?

Sean will mention that Relena is still somewhere on the grounds, supposedly. I think Ryan told someone too, in an earlier thread.

What Sean wants to do:

1) Hello, mother: Going to Denver and going to ask about what the fuck happened, who she is, and if she really is his mother.

Preferably, he'd like Lorelei and Frida along for the ride, since they talked to the Chiderans and have the necklace-thing. Hopefully, they might mention to him about why they have it, and what their message is.

Sean would have 2 (3 if their friendly) extra seats in his Wrangler for anyone else who wants to come. He'd need a reason though.

2)Trick or Treaty: Depending on what Mother has to say and time contraints, Sean would also like to go try to extend the Treaty with the Caramines. Depending on how screwed up he is after hearing what Mother had to say, he may even be willing to go with the Caramines willingly, as Selectee Number 1, if that will stop the rest of the Harvest, and to make up for what his Dad did.

3)Father, Where Art Thou?: Keep calling Dad, and hope he picks up and is willing to talk.

Lucia will gather as much information as she can about the Door, the Caramines, and the Harvest. Her first focus is on the chance of extending or making the previous treaty permanent, and her second focus is looking for allies for the school if that proves non-viable.

She's going to ask Brihn and Brahn to teach her how to use the door and how to get to the Caramines, then go pack a backpack like she's camping (and change into more practical clothes) and head out.

If no-one seriously objects I'll assume Thomas picks Jason up after his surgery as they had previously arranged and fills him in on the events/discussion in the common room. Once back at Dalton he has an appointment with Brihn in order to get 'healed' up. That will probably knock him out of the action for the rest of the night.

If possible in the next couple of days, Jason wants to find out from Brihn/Brahn how they do what they do, any special abilities that the previous students/Daltonites exhibited and if his grandfather was involved at all. Other than that, it's going to be finishing off healing up, and searching his grandfathers house and the 'backstage' areas of the school for more information and/or Doors.

If someone comes to him looking for combat training he may consider it given what's been going on here so far.

Zack will learn how to use the doors from Brihn and Brahn grilling them on the Neri, Grill his father away from the others for information he might not have wanted to share with everyone, incluing anything he can tell him of the Neri, and then prepare for and join the expedition to contact the Neri.

Where we are right now:

Originally Posted By: Sean Cassidy
What Sean wants to do:

1) Hello, mother: - in progress

2)Trick or Treaty: - See Deek's bit

3)Father, Where Art Thou?: - will happen after Mother.

Originally Posted By: Deacon Knight
Deacon's going to go research this treaty. - the answer to your reply is up
Originally Posted By: Logic1
Everret would to talk to Brahn and Brihn about the doors - easily done; they're available

Not sure how much time that will take but if he's got enough he'd also like to train in weaponry - if you want fencing, the school has it; other swords and normal blades you can learn from Brahn; there's enough for you to get the first dot of weaponry and a specializing in swords or knives

Originally Posted By: Rorx
If no-one seriously objects I'll assume Thomas picks Jason up after his surgery, fills him in on the events/discussion in the common roommeet with Brihn in order to get 'healed' up. - consider this all done without a fiction

If possible in the next couple of days, Jason wants to find out from Brihn/Brahn how they do what they do, any special abilities that the previous students/Daltonites exhibited and if his grandfather was involved at all. Other than that, it's going to be finishing off healing up, and searching his grandfathers house and the 'backstage' areas of the school for more information and/or Doors. - I'll set this up soon

If someone comes to him looking for combat training he may consider it given what's been going on here so far. - Logic, here's another option for you

Originally Posted By: Lucia Blake
She's going to ask Brihn and Brahn to teach her how to use the door and how to get to the Caramines – easily done

then go pack a backpack like she's camping (and change into more practical clothes) and head out. – we’ll do a fic about this

Originally Posted By: Zack
Zack will learn how to use the doors from Brihn and Brahn grilling them on the Neri – You can learn about the doors and Neri.

Grill his father away from the others for information he might not have wanted to share with everyone – We can do a fiction, and I’ll get that up soon

prepare for and join the expedition to contact the Neri. – see above; we can do both of these in the same fiction

Sylvia's going to be trying to grab hold of some thread of sanity in this mess. Deacon's a lost cause, she knows, and the crew that's gone to Denver is currently out-of-pocket, but she'll at least try to exert some sort of house-mother type of authority over whoever is left, remind them all that we also need to deal with the really-real world, and that means coping with the mundane stuff like classes and sleep as well as trying to mess with other worlds. I'll get a reply up for Renata soon, and I apologize for the delay. Past few days have been... meh.

• 2 weeks later...

When people are ready or have 'caught up' to Deacon someone let me know please. I have no idea at this point where the time table is currently at.

The night all this went down and we had the long talk that was repeated several times for the sake of more and more people entering the scene is when Deacon went to the library.

No time was posted for when this chat took place (if it was I missed, sorry) and Deacon retired to the library to do some research. The research fic fast forwarded several hours so I'm not sure where everyone else is so my frame of reference is a bit sketchy in terms when every one else will be at a 'stopping point' where Deek can get with them and sort through some details.

Some help is appreciated...

Archived