Mutants & Masterminds: Legacy - Issue #0 - Crisis

Joani

Centurion allowed the young woman to bring him through the force field. As soon as they touched the field there was a tingle of energy and then the unmistakable feeling of warmth as they passed from the harsh cold of space into the heated atmosphere of the facility. The field flickered once and resumed translucency as they fully entered the base and Centurion took his first breath of genuine air in days.

He removed his helmet before dismissing it due to simple force of habit. His features were broad and swarthy, with dark goldern brown skin and blue hair that was so dark as to be nearly black. His hair was medium in length and wavy with thick brows and a goatee. He cleared his throat, "Greetings, I am the Celestial Centurion, Avatar of Hælious."

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After setting down the shuttle, MegaGirl turned to stare at the figure of fire, glowing green eyes wide in befuddled wonder. I think he can Zoom. He sort of looked like a Shytari when they absorbed as much energy as they could, but he couldn't be one - he was a man - or if he was really a she, then Karra was going to feel really sorry for her, 'Cause, wow!

Karra watched him come closer, her shoulders straight, with her hands on her hips - a classic heroic pose. Her expression was firm, yet friendly, trying to say: "I am a friendly Hero, and really really hope your not a Villain to be defeated."

When the figure's light out went out, revealing his armour and crested helmet, she almost clapped her hands in delight. He (or maybe she?) wasn't a Villain, but a Knight - she recognized the armour from the holovids. A Knight wasn't as good as a Hero, but it was almost as good, and much better than a Villain. Not wanting to look childish, she restrained herself from clapping and settled for an exuberantly friendly wave, since she couldn't talk in the black - Wait! The Ring can!

*Hi! I'm MegaGirl, a full member of the Legacy League and these are -* Karra began, before being cut off by the simultaneous exclamations of her fellow Leaguers.

*He can only hear you if he has a Ring too, Karra.*

*Oh, right! I forgot - sorry. We can talk inside for real though, right?*

Upon hearing their affirmative replies, Karra waved at the Knight to follow her, then flew through the breech in a blur, the force field tickling over her skin. She landed on the ground, then turned around to see if the Knight was following.

When the Celestial Centurion entered the facility and removed his helmet, Karra's friendly smile grew wider, if a bit shy, and she twirled a strand of hair the colour of a warm metallic fire around her finger.

He's kinda cute - and strong looking - well maybe strong looking - Ultraboy had very big muscles, but he wasn't that strong - and he's kinda short, but almost everybody is to me - but he can Zoom, I think. I wonder if he...

"... has a girlfriend? Oops, I said that out loud, didn't I?" Karra took a long step forward, and bending over slightly, very carefully shook the Celestial Centurion's hand. She didn't know how tough he was, and she didn't want to crush his pretty armour.

"Hi, CelestialCenturionAvatarofHælious, I'm MegaGirl - well, my real name is In'Karra Zurthyn - but you can call me Karra if you're a friend - but you have to call me MegaGirl when we're on a mission, like now. Are you a friend? We're here looking for our parents and saving the people here - even if they are Villains, 'cause that is what members of the Legacy League do - save people and the galaxy and stuff, which is totally awesome and - Your name is really long, can I call you CeeCee? CeeCee, I know you're only a Knight, but we can use all the help we can get - if you help us, you might even be able to become a Hero. Ser - Watchwoman - I'll remember that, Serene, really, I will - is our leader - you should do what she says, we have only a little time to save the people here before the BlackCloudThing eats the planet and I don't think we should be on the planet when the BlackCloudThing eats it."

Hype relaxed more with the feeling of acceleration as MegaGirl lifted off and carried the shuttle into space, it was a familiar feeling though slightly different as he wasn't the one responsibly for it for a change. The brief flight out to Pluto was impressive, and slightly unsettling even for him, although everyone seemed to cope fairly well with it.

The sight of the spatial anomaly was just plain WRONG, something like that just shouldn't exist, especially so close to an occupied facility. It's presence made getting to the people trapped inside even more urgent. After downloading the map data that the ladies had compiled Hype waited his turn to emerge from the shuttle, confident that he could get to the front of the action if and when it was necessary. Spotting the armoured figure inside he simply nodded to him and got on with examining the system readout of the situation inside the base.

Echo regarded this 'centurion' skeptically as he joined them inside the prison proper. A quick search of her own augmented memory, as well as a cursory scan of GalNet showed nothing on record like him.

"Why are you here?" she asked the apparition suspiciously. "There are no references to you or 'Hælious' in any database I have access to. Are you responsible for that?"

She pointed to indicate the swirling vortex of the event horizon outside.

Hype turns back to the conversation, not having found anything in the system that the ladies hadn't already done.

"Oh, Jane, I wouldn't bother trying to sell it. It will only work for you or another legitimate member of the League. I hate to think what it might be set to do to someone else."

"So the Celestial Centurion, eh? I guess that spatial anomaly is what drew you here from whatever area of the Galaxy you normally live in?"

Originally Posted By: MegaGirl
"Hi, CelestialCenturionAvatarofHælious, ... and I don't think we should be on the planet when the BlackCloudThing eats it."

Centurion smiled and nearly laughed at the girls overabundant exuberance. "You may call me Centurion if it would be easier for you," he said, his smile fading slightly as he realized that she was indeed as girl, or perhaps a very young woman. Looking around at the others he realized that they were all young, and he began to wonder if this was some kind of mistake. His reverie was interrupted by the brusque and direct questioning of another of the young women.

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
"Why are you here?... Are you responsible for that?" She pointed to indicate the swirling vortex of the event horizon outside.

"Are your databases so complete that what they do not contain must be met with suspicion? Hælious is a power beyond the understanding of mortal kind. Suffice to say that Hælious is a being of godlike power and domain. I have been empowered and sent forth to act as and agent of Hælious. I sensed that anomaly and I came as quickly as I could to investigate; that is why I am here."

Originally Posted By: Djane
"Hello to you too. I'm Djane, this group's resident magic slave..."

"What?" Centurion's voice took on a edge of hardness and he unconsciously balled his hands into fists wherein the fires of stellar fusion began to glow throwing forth heat. "These people have enslaved you!?" He turned to the others, his eyes narrowed, "How dare you enslave a sentient being to your will? Had I known such deception and barbarity were to be found within the League I would have come sooner to excise this evil!" His helm reformed around his head masking his face once more and held one hand out to Djane, "I will free you from this tyranny miss D'jane, come away from these people."

"Calm down," Watchwoman ordered, her voice ringing with her natural command and presence. "Djane is bound to an artifact that grants her great power but forces her to help the possessor of the artifact. That is not the kind of relationship I plan to cultivate with her. None of us bound her there. Also, I don't know of any way to free her, and if I did, she'd be free. In the meantime, we need her help. Her freedom and free will is a concern of mine, have no fear." The last was said to Djane as much as the stranger.

She turned to move into the building, then paused. "I'm Watchwoman," she added to the Centurion, her glossy black goggles impenetrable to normal vision. "We can become more acquainted later, when we don't have a rescue operation. You can help, if you wish. We'd welcome the aid." Something about her voice suggested he would enjoy helping them, and helping her especially.

With that, she turned and headed into the building, starting the long walk through the levels and their rigorous security protocols. She wondered if he'd be stupid and push the issue. You can push the issue back, if necessary, a little voice said. Watchwoman shoved it away. That was wrong; it was wrong that it was even tempting to take that route.

She was Watchman's daughter, no matter who her mother might be.

Click to reveal..
I'm attempting to RP her high Charisma, which is why I mention the effect of her voice. It's not a power - yet. Just raw talent.

"What Watchwoman said!" MegaGirl said, confused and a little bit angry - Knights weren't supposed to be like this. She stood up straight to her full, impressive height and moved so she was between him and her friends, ready to get in the way of his glowing hand and knock it away.

"Djane - the 'D' is silent - is a friend and a hero like us now - see the Ring? She's like, the Jade De'jinn's daughter or something now and she helped Samson too. I won't let you take her away!"

She looked over her shoulder and saw Serene entering the building. She rushed over to walk beside her, shortening her stride to match - Watchwoman was the leader and there could be danger coming from inside too. MegaGirl did keep looking back though, ready to intercede if the Knight turned out to be a Black Knight, despite his bronzed armour.

The beeping and booping and waiting for the security doors to open was getting annoying, and was taking too long - the BlackCloudThing was getting closer. The doors looked pretty solid, but she was MegaGirl!

"This is taking too long Se-Watchwoman. I bet I can get the doors opened faster," MegaGirl boasted, flexing an arm, showing off her lean, muscular physique. Then she made a large fist, focused, and let loose a full strength punch at a door that had been booping too long.

Click to reveal..
I don't know how tough the doors are, but MegaGirl applies a DC 45 (15 base + 16 Str + 14 S-Str) to an object's Toughness save. If she takes a Full-Round Action, the object is assumed to have rolled a 5 on its Toughness Save. If her DC is higher, MegaGirl breaks it; if she exceeds it by 5, it is destroyed automatically. (Core book, p.166)

Echo kept a watchful eye on the Centurion...his outburst only made him more of a potential obstacle, and she'd leave it to others to explain the situation. She had plenty to do as it was.

She searched for communication signals in the area, either from beacons, phones or personal radios, or carrying data bandwidth. The prison should have a wireless carrier signal, she knew, but she wasn't sure it would be working or not. While searching for that she made a new map, compositing the image Serena had given her with sensor data from the shuttle showing the approximate location of the life readings. That would at least narrow down the part of the base they needed to get to.

"Watchwoman," Echo said as she followed the leader farther in, still looking back to see Centurion and Djane. "I'm trying to link to the prison network. If I can, I may be able to get the security systems..."

She winced as 'Megagirl' slammed her fist into the door.

"...on our side."

"Uh... yeah, what they said. I'm with them. I was just, you know, joshing around?"

Huh, that 'Watchwoman' might be serious? She might get me outta this thing? She seems honest... and, well, if the Jade Djinni dealt with it -

"Uh, wait. Sorry, uh... MegaGirl? I'm not her - " She winced at the thump. "Not her daughter or her sister, you see, I - that is - I'm just Djane."

"MegaGirl," Watchwoman said, her voice managing to not carry any of her trepidation or annoyance. "I have the passcodes, it's just taking a moment."

She turned to Echo and said, "Can you connect to my HUD? If so, you can get the passcodes and see if you can get us in there faster." After she said it, she wondered if it was a good idea to let Echo have access. Watchman had warned her never to leave herself vulnerable to anyone else, not even other members of the League. She decided to revamp her security after this mission, just to be safe.

Originally Posted By: Djane
"Uh... yeah, what they said. I'm with them. I was just, you know, joshing around?"

"You should be careful about what you joke about and with whom." Centurion opened his fist, allowing the fusion to peter out in a brief flash of light and heat with a barely audible pop. Gliding through the air he moved down to the end of the hall.

As he passed the lone young man in the group he extended his hand, "You may call me Centurion. I am sorry to have ignored your question, but as I explained I came here to investigate the warp gate. It should not be here and it may damage this solar system or be the precursor to some greater wrong." He nodded his helmed head to the young man and continued toward the end of the hall.

Approaching the doors he stopped and addressed Serene, "Are you the leader of this group?" She nodded as she worked and he continued, "I offer my assistance if you need it but my first priority is to determine the cause of that warp gate and prevent it from damaging this system any further."

Originally Posted By: MegaGirl
The beeping and booping and waiting for the security doors to open was getting annoying, and was taking too long - the BlackCloudThing was getting closer. The doors looked pretty solid, but she was MegaGirl!

"This is taking too long Se-Watchwoman. I bet I can get the doors opened faster," MegaGirl boasted, flexing an arm, showing off her lean, muscular physique. Then she made a large fist, focused, and let loose a full strength punch at a door that had been booping too long.

MegaGirl’s punch hit the door with a deafening sonic boom but failed to destroy the doors or even breach them. A huge indenture was were she retracted her fist but no whole or any other damage. It was questionable if the doors could be opened normally now.

"Watchwoman," Echo said as she followed the leader farther in, still looking back to see Centurion and Djane. "I'm trying to link to the prison network. If I can, I may be able to get the security systems..."

She winced as 'Megagirl' slammed her fist into the door.

"...on our side."

The moment Echo linked up with the security system coincided with MegaGirl’s punch. Echo reflexively ducked because of the massive sonic boom that echoed through the corridor and got a feed from the security system in return.

Alert – Attack detected. Identifying attacker – successful ID MegaGirl, Shytari. Initiating defensive protocol.

Almost instantly, just before Echo could act an orange golden gas engulfed the mighty shape of MegaGirl who managed to dodge out of the area but not without making contact with the gas.

Click to reveal..
Reflex save vs. 15 (1d20+5=22) Damage is half – in your case the gradual loss of strength takes 2 minutes instead of 1. You suffer Powerloss from your drawback.

MegaGirl stumbled shakily back to her friends the upper half of her body covered in a thin shimmering orange golden hue. MegaGirl’s eyes looked fatigued and she instantly felt a wave of weakness numbing her limbs.

Originally Posted By: Serene Dorian
"MegaGirl," Watchwoman said, her voice managing to not carry any of her trepidation or annoyance. "I have the passcodes, it's just taking a moment."

She turned to Echo and said, "Can you connect to my HUD? If so, you can get the passcodes and see if you can get us in there faster." After she said it, she wondered if it was a good idea to let Echo have access. Watchman had warned her never to leave herself vulnerable to anyone else, not even other members of the League. She decided to revamp her security after this mission, just to be safe.

Unfortunately MegaGirl’s initiative came before Serene could relay that info to Echo. The sonic boom was deafening but her mask protected her from any sensual overload – still she could feel the power of the punch in her bones. When she opened her eyes again she saw the mighty MegaGirl stumbling backwards covered in some kind of orange golden dust that clung to her upper body. MegaGirl didn’t look good by the looks in her eyes.

"I'm sorry - I'm sorry - I'm sorry - I didn't mean it - I'm sorry - I'm sorry - I'm sorry." MegaGirl began a low whine, and her eyes - not glowing - where wide with panic as she tried to brush the golden orange dust off. She let out a whimper when the dust didn't come off, simply adhered to her hands as well.

"It's not coming off - I can't get it off - It's not fair, I wasn't thinking about it - please get it OFF!"

The other members of the League could hear the whistle of air as the distraught MegaGirl inhaled deeply. Then she exhaled... accomplishing... nothing.

"Shit!" Watchwoman said, using a word her father suspected she knew but still would have been shocked with the ease that it passed through her lips. "Hang on Karra!" She turned her attention back to her HUD, trying not to panic as she attempted to interface with the prison again. "Stand down the security measures!"

"Base is on red alert, Serene," Hudsy said. "It's not going to listen to you."

"How do we power it down?"

"You'll need to input the code on your visual into the keypad inside, and use a keycard to verify."

"What keycard?!" Watchwoman snapped.

"Oh, well... I guess you'll have to force your way in."

"Echo!" Watchwoman said over their 'open channel'. "Can you hack the system and get us inside? Uplinking to my HUD should give you the security codes you need."

Hype shakes his head as MegaGirl tries to smash the door down, with the inevitible result.

"Watchwoman, you seem to know more about the layout and security of this place than I do. Would it help to have someone on the other side of the door? I'm not sure it will work here, but normally I can vibrate my body fast enough to walk through walls and stuff."

"I'm already on it," Echo replied to Watchwoman, her teeth gritted and her eyes slightly unfocused. Getting the passcode from Serene's HUD was a quick swipe since it was expecting her. From there she wielded the code like a sword in the datastream of the prison's network, trying to gain legitimately recognized access and then override the security response to Karra.

In the meantime she said in a calm, somewhat annoyed voice, "Everyone stop panicking. The prison's systems are damaged, but responding. Just give this a few seconds without doing anything to make it worse and we'll be fine."

Tessa's frown became a grimmace as the security system went on alert. "Dammit."

She looked at Karra and nodded. "Hold very still Karra, I'm going to see if I can remove it my own way."

She reached out with her Telekinesis and tried to take hold of only the gold dust-like substance coating Megagirl, and remove it from her. After a little while she sighed. "I can't remove the particles from you, they're too small. I'm still not strong enough yet. You're probably just going to have to wait until you can wash it off."

"I'm already on it," Echo replied to Watchwoman, her teeth gritted and her eyes slightly unfocused. Getting the passcode from Serene's HUD was a quick swipe since it was expecting her. From there she wielded the code like a sword in the datastream of the prison's network, trying to gain legitimately recognized access and then override the security response to Karra.

In the meantime she said in a calm, somewhat annoyed voice, "Everyone stop panicking. The prison's systems are damaged, but responding. Just give this a few seconds without doing anything to make it worse and we'll be fine."

Echo concentrated hard and worked her way through the systems databanks editing parts new on the fly as she created a valid passcode for herself in conjunction of Watchwoman’s passcode. It took longer than expected but she finally managed to make the system believe she was a legitimate user.

Click to reveal..
Computer Check to override security system (1d20+10=20) hit the DC on spot, you lucky bastard :P

Instantly she had access to the facilities controls. Checking the cameras she could see that all cells that held prisoners were empty. There were no guards to be seen anywhere. Checking the lowest level where the life signs were detected the cameras were partly destroyed. She couldn’t check all the cells but those she found showed her people lying unconsciously on the floor. Focusing on the bodies she could see she identified Watchman, Colossus, Hyperion and Thoughtwave. The other bodies were obstructed by debris and bad lighting. It was impossible to tell who they were. Echo counted 7 bodies in total but knew that the other rooms must’ve held at least a handful more which she couldn’t locate more precisely.

As she checked the defensive systems she had to gasp momentarily. The facility had extensive data about all known supers with their known weaknesses and had means to counteract every possible attack. She is glad Hype didn’t try his phasing move – it would’ve have probably hurt him badly.

Centurion threw up a glittering field of energy in the shape of a dome between himself and the gas. "Your team seems ill prepared to enter this prison, and poorly trained in following your leadership," he remarked dryly even as the panicking Megagirl tried to blow the neutralizing agent from her body. "You did say you were part of the Legacy League correct?" Centurion seemed confused by the chaos and the apparent lack of discipline displayed thus far.

He looked at Serene and then the control system as Echo hacked her way in, "Perhaps if you can deactivate the energy shielding I can pass through this facility and determine the nature of the life signs, as well as rendering medical aid if needed, while you regain control over the current situation."

"I'm in."

She closed her eyes, focusing entirely on the electronic world. The press and clamor of cameras and alarm messages pressed against her mind, challenging her ability to prioritize and disregard. Finally though she managed to assimilate and make sense of the input.

The flashing alarm light and warning klaxxon in the corridor turned off. But Echo's triumphant smile was cut short when she accessed the cameras.

I can't tell them that. They'd get themselves killed trying to get down there!

"The prisoners are all gone. Guards dead. There's heavy damage in the part of the prison where the life signs are."

She opened her eyes and looked at Karra. "That stuff's something called 'oricalchum.' The prison's designed to take advantage of all known vulnerabilities and weaknesses on file." She flicked her gaze to Hype. "That includes phasing through."

"Anyway, I disabled the energy barriers and the spray, but I can't make the orichalcum come off. It's designed to stick. Also, the door can't open now that it's bent out like that."

This felt like the setup to a trap; having been subjected to some of her father's over the years, she had a feeling for them now. "Hudsy-"

"No, I don't know what other countermeasures Watchman has set in place," her HUD told her. "May I suggest that you use the shuttle bay entrance?"

Serene considered. It was very, very close to the anomaly. Of course, if they kept pounding on the door, they were unlikely to get anywhere. Worse, it'd leave a breached entrance at their back that they couldn't access. Even if they had to force their way into the shuttle bay, they'd have the anomaly covering their backs soon enough. Use what you can't conquer, Watchman's voice reminded her.

"Time to move then," Watchwoman announced to the others. "We'll enter through the shuttle bay. It's very close to the anomaly, so we need to hustle. Echo, maintain the data uplink and try to find any further countermeasures before we trip them. Knowing Watchman, there's several more of them."

She looked at Centurion. "This is our first time as a team," she admitted, "and for some, the first time in the field. We're Legacy League, just new. We had codes for entrance, but with the red alert active, they will no longer work. You're welcome to come help us, and we'll help you afterward, to assess the anomaly."

And now for something I've always wanted to do. She drew on the power of the ring and lifted off the ground slightly, clearly already moving toward the shuttle bay. She was still looking at Centurion as she slowly edged toward the door, awaiting his response.

Echo grimaced, and looked away from Serene. At the same time she sent through the ring, to Watchwoman's mind only...

You need to know that I can see Watchman, Colossus, Hyperion and Thoughtwave down there. They're alive, but all unconscious. There's more that I can't make out on camera too. I have full access to the prison's systems now, so further defenses shouldn't be much of a problem.

She then lifted off the ground as she activated her own ring. "Whatever we do, we need to make it fast."

Hype shrugs, "So does shutting down the energy barriers make it safe for Centurion and I to head through the walls or not?"

Normally energy doesn't seem to effect my phasing, but if they think it will here I'll play it safe and assume they know what they are talking about.

MegaGirl felt horrible - her first League mission, and she had messed up really bad and now she was being punished. The orange-calcium was all over her, making her weak and sick.

Karra - she didn't feel like MegaGirl now - just wanted to go - but Watchwoman had a plan. Since she was a Hero, she had to stay and help, even if she didn't want to now.

She watched Watchwoman and Echo lift off the ground, and she jumped up to follow them. She hit the ground hard, falling to her knees, tears brimming in her eyes. Even flying was taken from her - she had to use the Ring, and it was so slow.

Sniffling, trying to hold back her sobs, she followed the other two women, whispering, "I'm sorry I did bad," over and over. She felt weaker than she had ever felt before.

"Hmm..sniffle... shower? Shower! I can get if OFF!" MegaGirl didn't even stop to think - which, truthfully, was usually the case - and flew back to the shuttle as fast as she could, berating the Ring for being so slow.

Stopping just before entering the shuttle, she tore off her orichalcum dusted uniform - using more effort than she ever believed she would need - and threw it away as far as she could with her diminished strength.

She ran into the shuttle, hitting her head with a sharp bang on a bulkhead, then let out an 'Eeep!' when she saw Samson still inside. Her eyes went wide with embarrassment and she covered herself with her arms as best she could and dashed for the decontamination chamber.

As Karra let the chamber do it's thing, she couldn't help giggling in relief; she could feel the power flowing back into her. Being so weak and not able to fly and zoom had been the scariest thing she had ever experienced, even being near a black hole wasn't as bad!

"I promise I'll be good now Watchwoman and listen to everything you say," Karra said through the Ring, as she began to exit the decontamination chamber.

"I'm so - Oops! I need a new uniform!"

Centurion shook his head a little at the antics of Megagirl. He stopped quickly, admonishing himself and reminding himself that at one point he had been as eager and green as she, though that was before he had powers beyond mortal ken. "I will pledge myself to help you, but I think it would be best to operate as quickly as possible. You said there were life signs, can you tell me where? I can pass through the walls and see to their medical needs along with this young fellow here." He indicated Hype while waiting for Watchwoman's response.

As Watchwoman mentioned the name of Watchman Hype remembered what the guy was like and he turned to Centurion, "Heh, if Watchman designed this place then I doubt we'll be able to safely phase through anything here. I suggest we head over to the shuttle bay with the others, we'll have to do this the slow way today."

Having said that he headed off with a slow jog, arriving at the shuttle bay in seconds.

"Yes, Djane, that's fine," Watchwoman said, knowing this was important, but hating the delay. Poor Karra. Poor Samson. They're going to have a hard time looking each other in the eyes for a while. "Fast as possible please."

Hype said his bit and was gone, leaving Watchwoman grinding her teeth. "Hype, so kind of you to scout out the hanger for us first." Do give a nice shout if you're ambushed, will you? "Next time, take someone with you. No one should go anywhere alone."

Finally, she looked at Centurion and nodded. "Hype is correct. Watchman is the most paranoid person I know. I know he has a few contingencies for how to nullify me, and I'm his daughter. And I'm sure that he has contingencies I don't even know about." There was a hint of admiration in her voice, as well as some exasperation and sorrow.

Djane goes into the shuttle, the little holograph of MegaGirl projecting out of her ring the whole way. "Hey, this is kinda neat. Now... gimmie a sec here..."

Djane picks a uniform off the rack, and holds it up. "Uh... I wish this would fit MegaGirl?"

In a puff of smoke, the uniform changed shape to match MegaGirl's old colors and impressive proportions. Djane blinked. "Oh, that's cool. Okay, MegaGirl, I got it for ya!"

Hype arrives at the outer doors of the Shuttle bay, and keeps clear of the door controls, they could be rigged knowing Watchman. Instead he turns to look at proximity of the anomaly and the surrounding area for signs of other ships having been there.

"Watchwoman, the area around the Shuttlebay is clear, I'll stay away from the doors until you get here with the codes."

Echo sighed exasperatedly and said, "You know, I have access to every camera in this prison. I could have told you that. The whole prison is clear. The only living things are down in the sublevels and I don't know how much longer they'll BE living so..."

She looks over at Megagirl and Djane and nods.

"...can we go now?"

One arm reached out from the decontaminaton chamber and snagged the uniform. Less than a second later, MegaGirl stepped out in her new uniform, her faced still red from embarrassment.

"Thank-you Djane! You're the bestest! Now, I can be a Hero again!" MegaGirl - now really a mega-girl again - exclaimed. "Let's go back and help Watchwoman and everyone."

Djane found herself plucked up into MegaGirl's gentle, yet frighteningly strong embrace. Before her mouth finished opening, she and MegaGirl were in the air - as it were - beside Watchwoman and Echo.

"We're back Watchwoman - I'll be good now, I promise!"

Originally Posted By: Watchwoman
Finally, she looked at Centurion and nodded. "Hype is correct. Watchman is the most paranoid person I know. I know he has a few contingencies for how to nullify me, and I'm his daughter. And I'm sure that he has contingencies I don't even know about."

"As you wish," he replied with a deep nod. "You seem to have your hands full with your comrades, I will endeavor to make myself as useful as possible while being as unobtrusive as possible as well." He walked beside the young woman and made note of the powers he had seen displayed thus far. Inside he began to question his choice to delay his investigation of the anomaly.

Archived