Aberrant: Dead Rising - Zeke Asks For a Doabe [Complete]

Zeke Ryder

It had advanced to one of Zeke's days off. He took the poor, worn-out remains of his well-abuse flat-bladed shovel, and headed off to the blacksmith, hoping...Jen, was it?...would be in, so she could talk to him about a design he'd been working on.

He knocked at the residence of Violet. "Hey, anyone here want to do a bit of creative blacksmithing?"

If someone knocked at the door of her club it was usually no good news. Violet had gotten used to it, though. She had changed her tactics from retreating to her quarters and instead decided to take a more active stance. If people had issues with her they’d better tell her right in the face instead of talking shit behind her back.

She was wearing her favourite gown, which she fondly considered her Wicca robe, that was made of a see through grayish bodice with trumpet sleeves and a matching long slitted skirt which showed off her amazingly long legs. Her huge breasts were barely contained by the cups of the bodice and it’s skintight quality left absolutely nothing to the imagination. Part of the ‘robe’ was a hooded cloak which she put on to cover parts of her face since it was her face that caused most of the controversy when she met someone the first time. She always removed it once she knew she was talking to someone acquainted.

The inhuman beauty opened the door and gave Zeke a long look. He couldn’t directly see her eyes but there was a faint purple glow underneath the hooded cloak. He did see her mouth which formed into the most perfect smile he has ever seen showing just a brief flash of her perfectly white teeth.

“What can I do for you?”, she asked the newcomer with her sultry voice I haven’t seen him before…. Her bodylanguage was implying exactly what she had in mind.

Originally Posted By: Violet

She was wearing her favourite gown, which she fondly considered her Wicca robe, that was made of a see through grayish bodice with trumpet sleeves and a matching long slitted skirt which showed off her amazingly long legs. Her huge breasts were barely contained by the cups of the bodice and it’s skintight quality left absolutely nothing to the imagination. Part of the ‘robe’ was a hooded cloak which she put on to cover parts of her face since it was her face that caused most of the controversy when she met someone the first time. She always removed it once she knew she was talking to someone acquainted.

The inhuman beauty opened the door and gave Zeke a long look. He couldn’t directly see her eyes but there was a faint purple glow underneath the hooded cloak. He did see her mouth which formed into the most perfect smile he has ever seen showing just a brief flash of her perfectly white teeth.

“What can I do for you?”, she asked the newcomer with her sultry voice I haven’t seen him before…. Her body language was implying exactly what she had in mind.

"Uh...yeah, hi, I uh...yeah...I'm Zeke, come to see, uh...she-who-makes-metal-do-stuff, yeah...I need to get a doabe built..."

"There are the jeweled melons of my salvation," his dad used to say when he was drunk and looking at pictures of a young Dolly Parton. Zeke never got that, nor his dad's stash of pictures of women who were, to put it nicely, "generously endowed", and to put it not-so-nicely, "topheavy." To Zeke, proportion was everything, and women who were too topheavy were distorted-looking, like a bad joke played by some plastic surgeon somewhere. Zeke was sure that there were women who could pull that off and look good, but damned if he'd ever seen any in the trailer park.

And now, many years later, in the middle of a zombie uprising, out in the middle of nowhere, he'd finally found what his dad had seen in all those pictures so long ago, The Woman Who Made It Work. 'Dad', he thought, 'I hardly knew ya.'

"I...you ain't the blacksmith, are ya. Do you where she is? I need something done to my shovel." As soon as it was out of his mouth, Zeke cringed and died a little inside. He held the remains of his erstwhile zombie-chopping shovel, in the vain hope he wouldn't sound like he'd made a double-entendre on purpose.

Or, pretty lady, I could just stand here and watch you breathe for a couple of hours...

Violet’s smile turned into a pout and her voice reflected a playful disappointed tone, “Oh, you want to see Jill?”, she made a half step backwards while her hips gyrated hypnotically. Inwardly she had to giggle and she knew she was going to have a good time with the newcomer. This was one of the things she most enjoyed. Newcomers weren’t as prejudiced as the people who lived here for a while longer. It was her chance to make a positive impression and gain a few voices in her favour. With a graceful motion of her arm she invited Zeke to enter the club – her lair.

Violet slowly removed the hooded cloak giving Zeke a first glance at her unearthly beautiful face. Her long auburn red mane fell perfectly around her dramatically curved figure accentuating her beauty. “You’ll have to wait for a moment, she is upstairs in my quarter – we weren’t expecting… visitors.”, that last comment sounded as if he was interrupting something important. Whatever was going on ‘upstairs’.

"Uh...oh, shit! Uh, hey, if you need me to come back, I don't wanna interrupt anything." Damn it all, just that quick he'd forgotten that Julia'd said these two gals were sweet on each other. And if it was one person he didn't want to piss off, it was the blacksmith.

Although, the way this hot slice of angelfood was acting, maybe they were, you know, just laying around, a little bored, looking for someone to come along and join in their games...Oh, for fuck's sake Zeke, get a goddamn grip! That Penthouse shit never happened in real life, and only a fool thought it did without money or drugs exchanging hands first. Snap out if it, think of something, anything...

"Uh, hey, are you one of the supers around here? 'Cause I am, too! Just came in almost a week ago, been walking the wall." Whew! Now I got a reason to stare into that gorgeous face with those lips...Oh shit.

Now Violet really had to laugh. The question was too much for her. "Am I one of the supers?", she tried to laugh not as hard and managed only to suppress it to giggles. Even laughing she managed to maintain a perfect grace and uncanny sexyness not to speak of the bouncing of her breasts caused by the constant giggling.

"I'm sorry, Zeke - but that was refreshing for a change.", she was slowly calming down again. "Yes - I am.", she gave him another heartmelting smile. Her eyes briefly seized him up as if she was taking inventory and then locked again with his eyes.

"Jill will gladly help you, I'm sure about that. She likes to work hard, you'll understand when you see her. Why don't you make yourself comfortable at the bar? Drinks are on the house. I'll open the place in about a week, you should have something to barter by then.", she winked at him swaying with those amazing hips.

"I'll be right back - handsome." and with that she went to the door labelled "Private Quarters" and disappeared for a short moment. Her derrier was as spectacular as the front she presented.

Violet came back with a gorgeous blonde tall woman who obviously worked out a lot. Jill gave Zeke a short smile and then asked, "You're looking for a blacksmith? I guess you found her"

Both women were a sight to die for. Maybe Zeke had died and gone to heaven?

Zeke checked himself before visibly breathing a sigh of relief. There was an appreciable difference between a woman you really, REALLY wanted to handle and a woman you could handle if things went that way. Whereas Gerald would have dived right for the former and damn the consequences, Zeke had learned to appreciate the latter. Still, no need to advertise that fact to a woman who was probably hit on enough as-is.

"Well, hello there, Jill. My name is Zeke. I got a special request here, and I was wondering if you could help me out. I need...a Doabe. If you were to help me get the Doabe I wanted, I'd be happy to let you claim all the credit. And all I'd want in return is that it's established that it's called a Doabe. Because there's a friend I want to honor, and I need a more suitable memorial," and here he paused to hold out his well-abused and suffering flat-bladed shovel, "than this thing, which has seen much better days."

Zeke leaned back, expecting the inevitable questions. And he was, truth be told, a bit eager to tell the story of Curly Doabe, a trailer-park visionary who'd probably not lived to see his work bear fruit.

Violet watched Zeke talk to Jill and quietly giggled to herself. She liked it when men responded to her like that and she liked the feeling to be desired and Zeke would’ve dived right into it if he had let reason right out of the door. With a keen interest Violet listened to what Zeke wanted and gave him several direct and indirect looks that could have meant everything or nothing. No matter what she did, and even if it was just standing there and breathing she radiated an aura of sex and lust. It was easy to lose yourself in fantasies…

Originally Posted By: Zeke
"Well, hello there, Jill. My name is Zeke. I got a special request here, and I was wondering if you could help me out. I need...a Doabe. If you were to help me get the Doabe I wanted, I'd be happy to let you claim all the credit. And all I'd want in return is that it's established that it's called a Doabe. Because there's a friend I want to honor, and I need a more suitable memorial," and here he paused to hold out his well-abused and suffering flat-bladed shovel, "than this thing, which has seen much better days."

Jill raised an eyebrow and looked briefly back to Violet rolling her eyes at her which made the tall buxom lady laugh again.

“A Doabe? I’ve heard all kinds of odd slangs these days but I’ve never heard anything of a Doabe? Are you looking for a replacement for that shovel? Are you using that thing as a weapon? I could make you a sword – much more effective. And if you don’t know how to handle one I can show you, too.”, Jill’s confidence rang with her words. She wasn’t a woman to be trifled with.

Originally Posted By: Violet
Jill raised an eyebrow and looked briefly back to Violet rolling her eyes at her which made the tall buxom lady laugh again.

“A Doabe? I’ve heard all kinds of odd slangs these days but I’ve never heard anything of a Doabe? Are you looking for a replacement for that shovel? Are you using that thing as a weapon? I could make you a sword – much more effective. And if you don’t know how to handle one I can show you, too.”, Jill’s confidence rang with her words. She wasn’t a woman to be trifled with.

Zeke took a deep breath, and chose his words carefully. "Ma'am, I've had to use machetes, cleavers, one time I used one of them double-handled pizza cutters on a zombie. I want a Doabe. Better reach, more force, and it'll double as a shovel in a pinch.

"See this flat-blade here? Wasn't so long ago that me and my friend Curly Doabe used to stay out late in the woods by my trailer park, and 'cause there wasn't much else interesting to do, we'd pretend that the zombies had come back, and it was him and me against the world of the dead, and we were fighting for our lives. About ten or more years back this was, although Christ knows it feels like forever ago.

"Now, Curly was a bright kid. Problem was, his head got bent like a crazy straw 'cause his step-dad was the park dealer. Stoner he was, but there was something about zombies that made him focus like no one's business. He'd stay up way later that I was willing to hatching out all sorts of ideas about what to do when, not if, when the zombies came. One of his ideas was to take this flat-bladed shovel, get a good metal handle on it, and sharpen the front and sides. That way, you had a tool that could crack ice, shovel snow and mud, and chop the heads off zombies while maintaining a good distance. He was also the one who came up with the idea to nickname 'em 'zak', like how soldiers always come up with nicknames for the enemy. So he'd be coming up with all sorts of ideas for us to handle 'zak' if they ever found us.

"That was me and Curly burning through summers back in the day, and all that hee-hawing around probably saved my life when the damn things did start attacking people. Sad thing is, I lost touch with him, and I don't know if he's still alive or not. So...I wanted something fitting to remember him by, and to let him get the recognition he probably never got."

Zeke could feel himself getting tight in his throat. Curly...deserved a lot better that he'd gotten, and back in the day, his 'friend' Gerald probably hadn't been much but another anchor on Curly's ass. And, sad but true, that shovel blade had been from Curly's shed, taken as an impulse memento before Gerald headed out of town, one step or two ahead of the law. So it was fitting to get one of his friend's few good ideas out into the public, what there was of it anyway.

"Curly had a good design for his patented little shovel-weapon, and the more I thought about it, the more it works. If you like, I got notes here scribbled down about it..."

Jill’s face went from showing interest to disbelief to astonishment and then back to something resembling pity. She furrowed her brows just before she spoke while Violet was fighting hard not to laugh even harder than she did before.

“Just to get this straight – you and your friend pretended to kill Zombies in your pastime because you were bored years before Z-Day?”, her incredulous voice was obvious. She knew kids were doing all kinds of crazy shit but some of that stuff left a bitter taste these days. Ever since Z-Day everything seemed possible. The monsters under your bed and in your closet had become reality – Jill was very careful what she wished for. Well – not everything was bad about that when she thought about Violet. She gave her lover a short look and smiled at her before she focused her attention back to Zeke.

Originally Posted By: Zeke
"Curly had a good design for his patented little shovel-weapon, and the more I thought about it, the more it works. If you like, I got notes here scribbled down about it..."

“Let me have a look at this.”, Jill studied the notes and slowly nodded. “I think I can do that – you got the material?”

In the meantime Violet had moved back around the Bar and poured herself and Jill a drink.

"My offer still stands, Zeke. Drinks are on the house. Once I open the place that may change.", she winked at him while her breasts almost poured out of the cups of her bodice as she bent forward to reach for another glass. Was she flirting with him?

Zeke shrugged. "Who the hell ever thought it would actually happen?" He had some papers, gave them to her. When she asked about the materials, he shrugged and said, "Well, I could scavenge it, if you don't have it. All I've got is that shovel blade. I had some metal for the handle, but I ended up ditching it. If you could just keep these until I get the parts, I'd appreciate it. I hear rumor there's supposed to be a scavenging run or something happening real soon."

He turned to Violet, just in time to see her cups overfloweth, and stopped breathing for a second or two. "Uh...guess I could use a drink or two." What the hell could possibly go wrong, right?

“I could check my own resources and see if I can find something sturdier than this.”, Jill had an assignment and that was a good feeling. Working for the people, even if it was just a newcomer or passerby just added to ones self-esteem and it was a welcomed change to the constant talk about living in ‘Babylon’.

Jill took a small sip of her drink and went to the door. “I’ll be at the smithy and check inventory – if you go on that scavenge hunt I give you credit and make you a ‘Doabe’. Just make sure to get me some good steel or other metal back in exchange. Deal?”

When Zeke sat down on the barstool Violet placed her hands on the bar giving Zeke a generous look at her ‘front’. Then she briefly pushed herself upwards making her breasts bounce ominously as she asked, “What’s your poison, cowboy?”, she seemed to keep bouncing until she got an answer from him, her eyes watching his while her smile suggested that he should come over and kiss her.

"Uh...wow. It's been awhile. Let's try some Jack Daniels." Zeke tried to focus on her eyes, but that wasn't even helping.

"Uh, Violet, I gotta ask...You seeing anyone at the moment? I thought I should ask now, and if the answer was yes, I'd just keep my manners and have a drink. You said you were super, and I've got a suspicion as to what your superpowers," and here Zeke accidentally focused of Violet's breasts, "are. But that's gotta get tiresome after awhile, so I'm trying to keep it as cool as possible." Zeke was hoping she'd have mercy on him, if he was completely misreading her, and let him down easy.

You seeing anyone at the moment?, the question hit her like a hammer and she blinked twice before she regained her composure. Oh no, I’ve been doing it again….

Violet gave Zeke an apologetic look and quickly apologized, “I’m so sorry, Zeke. I’m with Jill… I didn’t mean to sent any ‘signals’… it’s only – I can’t seem not to.”

She gave him a smile not wanting him to feel bad about it and she actually felt flattered by his innocent request. “You’re the first guy to ask me like that, though. Well, there was another guy but that was different. You’re kinda cute, though. I’m really sorry, Zeke. It’s… complicated.”, she hoped he wouldn’t freak out.

"Okay, you said no, I can drink in peace. This is good!" He said that last a little more firmly than he'd have liked. "Uh, sorry myself. I'd been forewarned that you and Jill were an item, and even still...wow. Just wow."

Zeke grabbed the glass and quick downed it. He was torn by hoping the alcohol would hit quick, and hoping it wouldn't erode his tenuous self-control.

"I don't blame you, so you know. I don't think that's something you have conscious control over, at least that's what I'm guessing. And yeah, I felt the need to ask. But that's cool, and thank you for not freaking out."

Zeke chuckled. "Damn, haven't been this tongue-tied since junior prom. Can I have another shot quick?"

"Sure", she chirped and poured him another double shot of JDs. She was glad he had taken it easy without making much a fuss about it. There were men these days who couldn't take 'no' for an answer. Fortunately Zeke wasn't one of those. Inwardly Violet was very glad he wasn't one of those types, else they'd have murder in the club when James would've found out.

"So... you're one of the newcomers and a super. Welcome to the Refuge and my club. Tell me something about you - except for your pastime of killing zombies and giving them petnames.", even now, after the 'issue' about her suggestive behaviour was off the table Violet's bodylanguage still suggested sex. She tried to keep it under control but this was the best she could do without changing back to Jennifer and that was not an option... not right now.

Zeke, took a gulp, and chased it with a deep breath. "Well, I was a bit of a drifter for awhile after high school. Took odd jobs, couldn't get myself organized. Then came the zombies. Finally got myself some focus, whether I wanted it or not."

"I did a bit of scavenging here and there, kinda looking out for myself. Hooked up with a crew, but I shoulda seen that these guys were zak-bait from the get-go. One of them hears what he thinks is a cat, goes to investigate, opens the wrong door. We get swarmed. I'm bit, I think I'm dead. I swear I can already feel The Virus hit my system, and I got a screaming migraine."

"Next thing I know, I'm swinging Curly's shovel for all I'm worth and winning. I manage to put them down, although a little too late for the other guys. I took off, ran until I got sick."

"I had...a vision that night. I looked up at the sky, and there was this dude who I somehow knew was an angel, although he was dressed up like some biker with some awesome tats and he was wearing sunglasses. He told me to man up and start living right, because this world needed men in it, now that everything was going to hell. At some point, he took off."

"I woke up when daylight hit, feeling better than I had in awhile. I felt more agile, stronger, healthier, and I felt like I had my head on straight. That's when I decided to go out of my way and start helping people, because of what the angel told me."

"Oh, I'm also into Johnny Cash, Nine Inch Nails, Ministry, Reverend Horton Heat, I'm a Scorpio, I'm fluently monolingual in English, and I mastered the art of being a homeless transient in the USA before it collapsed. And I miss my pal Curly. He's probably the only guy in that damn park I miss. The rest...well, every stereotype you've heard, we had. I'm also an agnostic, because while I had a vision, I'm pretty sure it was a fever-dream I had while my body was reacting to the bite."

Violet walked around the bar placing the bottle of JD next to Zeke's glass before she left. While he spoke she went over to the jukebox and shuffled through it's tracks until she found what she was looking for.

Hurt - performed by Johnny Cash

He heard her steps behind him come closer as the music started to play and then she sat right next to him on one of the barstools.

"That's quite a story, especially the part with the Angel. Must've been a rough time for you. Are you planning to stay here for longer or are you just another scavenger?", Violet's question was carefully placed. She preferred having more supers around at the refuge. They ensured the community's survival and the supers seemed to be less susceptible to all the crap people were saying about her and the sisters or James. Thinking about James she perked up and looked at the door, she didn't remember where she saw him the last time. Probably she was at the clinic checking on his eyes again. Poor James...

She poured herself a glass of JD and offered Zeke another round then she downed it with one gulp.

"As long as I can, Violet, as long as I can. Trying to be the lone hero out there, well, I'm no hero. I've done my best, though, and I'm proud of the help I've given...but it's no way to live. If I have something and someone to come back to, it makes everything a lot easier."

She was, Zeke had to admit, one hell of a bartender.

The smile she gave him was the most perfect and beautiful he has seen yet. For a short moment he thought I'd be impossible to top her first smile but whatever Violet's superpowers were the effect she was causing on him was undeniable.

"In that case feel free to come again, Zeke. I'll open the club in about a week and then I hope this place will be crowded and people will finally find a way to recharge their batteries and watch a good show. We're almost done with the interior. Some stuff still needs to be done, but that's mainly the quarters upstairs."

Violet turned around on the barstool and leaned with her back against the bar. From this close Zeke could see how large her breasts actually were. Violet's whole body was designed for one thing, that was beyond question and he was sure she was good at that, too. When he finally managed to forcefully avert his eyes from her amazing body he saw the club for the first time. Consciously at least - Violet and Jill had been a good distraction when he entered and he barely saw how large the place really was.

He saw there was a second bar close to the juke box and several round table that gave people enough room to talk with eachother. At the far end of the club was a stage with two large rows like catwalks which divided the room into two areas without actually raising any walls to seperate them. There was a pole for tabletop dancing at the end of one of the catwalks. This place looked like an exotic dance bar and not a bad one at that.

"Zeke - do you know anything about barkeeping?", she suddenly asked him. Her voice sultry as ever.

"Ma'am, I've been in enough bars, before I was old enough to drink, to know I ain't the bartending type. That takes a sympathetic ear and an eye for tips, and both of them have to be working at the same time. A bouncer, I could do. But I'm not a bartender." And quite frankly, the more I'm around you, the more I'm sure my self-control will up and take a walk when I need it most.

Then, to ease the tension he felt inside, Zeke's little imp of the perverse got into the act. "Although...if you got room for pole-dancers, and some way for me to shave my legs, I could give that a whirl. But I'm definitely going to need those pastie tassels, or the act just won't feel right."

Violet burst out in laughter at the imagination of Zeke doing an exotic table dance. Throwing back her head her long auburn hair fell in a perfect wave around her shoulders and settled around her like a lovers hands. After she slowly calmed down interrupted by little fits of giggling she smiled a Zeke and gave him a little kiss on his cheek.

“You’re goddamn funny, Zeke. I like that about you. A pity we haven’t met earlier but who knows what time will tell? Anyway, as bouncer… are you looking for a job? I got a couple of friends who’d do that but they are actually having jobs already. Can you imagine working here? Do you have a place to stay?”, she liked the idea that he wanted to settle down somewhere. Having another super at hand could proof useful should the need arise. Violet’s smile got an intoxicating quality as she asked him.

Zeke was kinda bummed, but there was nothing for it but the truth. "Actually, with food and all being tight around here, and what I heard about people grumbling about supers, I gotta walk that wall and do patrol and all the rest of it to earn my keep. I don't need a whole lot of sleep, but I'm pretty sure that, if I get pulled to do guard duty and all, I'm not going to be reliable as a bouncer."

Zeke finished the whiskey, which didn't seem to do a lot for him, and said, "Speaking of which, since I'm done here, I wanna go check and see if someone could use a patrol break. Do me a favor and thank Jill for me. I'll get her some spare metal and such next chance I get."

At that point, Zeke made himself get up and walk out of the club. If he didn't, there was no telling what he might be tempted to do. And with his strength and such, he could easily hurt someone permanent. He'd have to work on that for certain.

Archived