Mutants & Masterminds: Legacy - Legacy OOC

Joani

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the question in my head.

We have the way clear to this portal out...but we have no evidence that the other supers we're looking for went this way. We don't know if we'd be abandoning them in Hell or not.

Because of this uncertainty, it's hard for me to have Echo use the portal, or advise others to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

okidoki - a small note/fyi on the current issue concerning the body swaps. You also swapped mental stats (which means I'm keeping every Charsheet as it is without applying mental stats or powers from one to the other. That's for simplicity's sake).

So MG may still be rather dumb personalitywise but given Echo's superior mind/brain things may come easier to her than they used to. This is just an example. Same applies to everybody else. I think you are already making a good job the way you've handled yourselves so far. I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page.

Oh ho!

That makes a big difference. So we basically didn't just swap bodies, but swapped entire character sheets. All stats, not just physical, and all powers.

Glad you said this before we got too far into it. That's important RP knowledge. Thanks for the clairification!

• 1 month later...

Heyho,

I'm back smile

I will pick up the game as fast as I can and hopefully get some momentum into the story. I haven't forgotten you guys and I hope you're all still around and up to the challenge.

Give me a short heads-up on your status. Still game?

Originally Posted By: Rorx
Hey Joani - does Djane have any magical sense that Hype could use to look for a Gate?

In fact she does - but it's hard to explain how it works. Hype will have the sensation of having some kind of sixth sense regarding magical stuff - He doesn't have any experience or knowledge though how precise and which range. Just try a normal notice roll for now and I'll see what I can do for you.

Originally Posted By: Joani
of course you are!

Thanks

As I'm trying to pick up the game again - Do you guys need something from me - an update obviously? Aside from MG (Echo) and Hype's (Djane) ideas was there anything else you were trying to do?

I don't see my PC mentioned anywhere, I guess I need some kind of intro. or a separate thread(?) depending on what you do with me.

As I'm trying to pick up the game again - Do you guys need something from me - an update obviously? Aside from MG (Echo) and Hype's (Djane) ideas was there anything else you were trying to do?

An update would be nice, to set the stage and give us all something to react to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I'm going to impose a similar updating policy like Mike does for Unlikely Prophets - both to keep the game running more "fluidly" and discipline myself and don't lose momentum.

Tuesdays and Fridays seem a good choice of days and should give you enough time in between to squeeze in one post before the next update comes. Of course I'll be adjusting to in-game demands if the occasion arises but generally spoken I'd like to do that 2-days-a-week update thing.

I hope you don't mind if I blatantly copy you (again) Mike but you seem to have a good grasp for such things. Thank you for that.

So next update will be Tuesday - not everyone has posted yet so you still have enough time. Since the nature of living in different time zones makes this a bit difficult to coordinate I'll be trying to post as late as possible on tuesday my time (before going to bed). That should give you enough time during the day or after work to check it.

If you need any help or more details on the current scene - just ask. I know it's been a while since the game moved but I hope it's still keeping you interested to keep going. Anyway - have a nice sunday - I go to bed now.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
OOC: The moment you reach the Pyramid you briefly forget who you actually are and thing you’re really the person who’s body you inhabit. It’s an odd feeling and hard to point a finger at. You all are confused (except for Djane and Hype) and think that someone is trying to make you believe you are someone else. I’ll make save rolls for all of you on my next update, till then you are confused but suspicious.

Joani, I'm having a really hard time with this. I didn't pick Tessa as a character, I barely know her. I'm not really sure what to post right now, which is an odd sensation and not a usual one for me. I'm not sure what I'm asking here, at all. Help?

I understand - let me try to give some help. What I'm trying to say is that as you reach the pyramid you get the feeling that everything is just like it's supposed to be. There's vague reminiscence in the back of your minds that something is supposed to be wrong but you can't tell what.

You are not aware of the bodyswitch - this doesn't mean you have to act like Tessa - it just means your sense of self (who am I?) is slowly slipping away and you accept your new form as if it is how it's supposed to be.

I'm not asking you to emulate a PC you know nothing about except for the few obvious things - what I'm trying to establish is a moment of "Hey - what's actually wrong? I can't really remember - didn't we just...? Ahm..."

That kind of confusion until I make your Will-Saves - then I'll give you some hints and lead to go on.

Is that better?

So suppose I imposed a bit too much on you guys. I'll make the save rolls today from at work and update my initial post giving you some more freedom and security to keep posting with you PCs.

Sorry for the confusion - I didn't mean to _keep_ you from posting by creating an uncomfortable situation.

Hee...just hard to wrap my head around.

The nature of the beast is always to fight that sort of thing. Always to look for excuses to fight.

And I suppose part of it too is that it's a very internal thing you're describing. It doesn't necessarily result in a particular action or reaction. It's an internal shift of perspective. Easy to imagine, hard to externalize.

Archived