Aberrant: Dead Rising - Visitation [complete]

Venus

Violet had spent nothing but reading over the last days. The books Jasmine brought her were close enough to what she was looking for and a lot of things started to make sense to her. More sense than she had made up for herself till now.

Still her thoughts regularly drifted to her situation with James, his desire to have children and the conflict with the sisters. Violet really hoped that James was getting the message that his focus should stay with JoAnna. If that got out of hand she may have to show him what the problem really was.

Regardless of that Violet needed to find out something else and there was only one person she knew who could answer that. With new found confidence and a sense of purpose Violet prepared herself to go and see the Doctor. If she wanted to have children one day she'd better make sure everything was alright with her.

As she left the building Violet had to remember how her first impression of Myfwany was. She was really awe-inspiring and compared to what she had seen what the other supers were capable of it paled in comparison to Myfwany's powers. Violet thought that she was really special, more than that actually. For a short moment she thought she was god.

The inhumanly beautiful woman had to chuckle now at that thought. Of course she wasn't god, but maybe something akin to that. Chosen by the Godess sounded reasonable and Violet decided to ask Myfwany about that topic. The weather was getting warmer and Violet was slowly getting tired of wearing that heavy woolen cloak that covered her up. She smiled at the men who had gathered near the club and took the shortest route to the hospital where she hoped to find Myfwany. If the 'wolves' decided to make a move on her she wouldn't hesitate to show them how wrong they were to think she is easy prey.

Finding decent clothes was difficult enough, if not impossible so she tried to find a middle road by wearing a leather corsage with matching skirt and ankle boots and over that she threw the see-through robe with the trumpet sleeves she has grown fond of lately. It still had no use to hide her curvacious body but at least she wasn't 'half naked' as some people complained about.

At the hospital Violet looked around and asked one of the nurses who was on duty, "Excuse me, I'm looking for Doctor Shattuck, is she here?"

The nurse, a young girl who was basically just helping out with various chores around the clinic and keeping people comfortable, turned around at Violet's voice and her eyes widened. Everyone in the Refuge knew Violet on sight, of course, and the nurse's expression was torn between fear and awe.

"Sh...she's in her office, I think?" the nurse squeaked. "I could ask Dr. Singh, he would know..." But even as she said that, she pointed at a door over on the far wall. Through the marbled glass of the window on it, light escaped. It seemed the doctor was in.

"No need to I go check myself, thank you.", Violet answered and smiled at the young nurse.

Leaving the nurse behind without giving her a chance to answer Violet carefully knocked on the glass door and opened it asking, "Dr. Shattuck - are you there? Can you spare some time for me, I need to know something.", Violet's voice was sweet as honey and she really hoped Myfwany wouldn't sent her away. The inhumanly beautiful succubus had already entered the room and shut the door behind her before she got an answer, her eyes locked with Myfwany's trying to read the Doctor's first reaction to her.

Click to reveal..
(ooc: No Emp. Scan, just using good old intution. Wits+Rapport (5d10.hits(7)=2)) 2 Suxx

Myf looked up from the old leatherbound book she was reading and lifted an eyebrow curiously. She set the book down and gestured at the two chairs in front of her desk.

"Of course, Violet, come on in. Have a seat. What can I do for you?"

She smiled then and adds, "And please, you can call me Myfwany."

Violet's eyes remained a few seconds on Myfwany's features before she answered.

"Thank you, Myf.", the ultra buxom bombshell took a seat and crossed her legs in a fluid and practiced motion. Her womanly curves were bulging against the corsage almost to its breaking point. Still Violet managed to take one deep breath without breaking it before she started to speak.

"I'm glad you're taking your time for this. I've got several requests considering... my general health. I may want to have children in the not so distant future and I can remember that you wanted to examine all the supers in the refuge for further studies. I just want to know if I get your ok that everything is alright with me.", explained Violet but Myfwany could tell that this wasn't the only thing Violet had on her mind.

After a short pause the inhumanly beautiful woman added, "Are you chosen by the Goddess?"

Violet was a bit nervous to have asked that question but it was too important to her not to. Then she realized that her question may be too vague, "I've read a few books about the Wicca and... and I strongly believe that you've been blessed by the Goddess - as was I.", Violet's eyes involuntary looked down at her more than abundant cleavage.

"Well, it's important for everyone to get regular physicals, but yes, I wanted especially to see if there's any effects from these powers..."

Then Violet dropped the Goddess bomb, and for a second Myf just stared, speechless.

"I..." she shook her head, clearing her wits, and managed a smile. "That's way over my pay grade, Violet. I don't pretend to know the mind of anything divine. I suppose some might say these powers represent some kind of blessing, but who knows?"

"That said, it's not unusual or odd for you to have questions like that, or to look for answers. We've all had crises of faith since this started. I mean, how could we not, with the dead apparently stalking us from beyond the grave, and...well, all the rest."

"I just don't know if I can tell you what you need to hear. Powers aside, I'm a doctor. I deal with what I can see and hear and touch with my hands. I've never been a very religious person and honestly, even now, I'm still not. I'm still looking for patterns, looking for things I can see and hear and touch."

Myfwany shrugged and smiled ruefully. "I guess that's sort of my version of a religion."

"There's no reason to deny it, Myf. Your short hesitation gave you away, you do think the same as I do or at least very close to it. I am not trying to find a religious 'source' for what is happening to us. I'm trying to find a purpose and I believe strongly that you are different than the other supers. I saw what you did, I saw how you saved James' live - I saw that you're touched by the Goddess. It doesn't matter how you describe it but it is more then science. It is spiritual.", Violet was leaning forward trying to close the distance to Myf while she spoke placing one hand casually on her breasts.

"I was hoping to find a kindred spirit in you and someone who understood on a spiritual level. Please just give it some thought, I won't tell anyone, honestly.", Violet looked longingly at Myf. She could tell that this was really important to her. Since the matter was making Myfwany a bit uncomfortable Violet decided to bring the focus back on her being a doctor.

"Anyway... you're keeping everything that we talk about and that happens here between the two of us, right? I mean you're obliged as a Doctor to not disclose any private details unless I say it's ok.", Violet raised an eyebrow at Myfwany.

Myf managed a chuckle and waved it away. "Technically, we're not discussing medical matters here, but I've got no problem keeping this confidential if that's what you want."

She raised a finger. "But, getting back to the topic at hand; no, as a matter of fact I don't think the same as you do. The 'short hesitation' was me trying to figure out how to reply without seeming disrespectful. I understand you're looking for meaning and purpose, and I think that's great. But I won't play goddess for you, Violet. It would be a lie, and it would hurt both you and me in the long run. Yes, I have a power to heal people. James can heal himself though...does that make him a god?"

"I can see some kind of...energy or something, and changing it seems to affect how life works. Injuries heal, plants grow and move, animals...follow. But that's really no more impressive than being able to experience and change people's emotions, when you think about it. Or having a body that can resist damage. I can't say right now that these powers are or are not gifts from god. I just don't know. But I believe they are not. And I believe there's nothing that sets me apart from you, or anyone else with powers."

Her eyes flicked momentarily, uneasily to the journal. There's nothing in there that points to me though. It makes just as much sense if the 'one' he's talking about is Cassandra. Even more sense, really. The only reason I have even a vague idea it MIGHT be me is because of what Cassandra said. But both she, and this guy, were confused and addled by their experiences. Maybe they have some kind of power to see future events, but it doesn't come without a cost. It makes me wonder what kind of cost other powers come at.

She looks back at Violet to see how she's taking this.

"On no, that's not what I meant, Myf. Although I must confess that for a short moment I thought I saw god or something like god in you... but that actually sparked the idea in me to investigate this matter and that's when I discovered... or lets say re-discovered the Wicca. I don't want to worship you, that's silly.", Violet chuckled at that thought.

"I am not assuming I'm a Goddess or that you are, but I believe that we've been touched by her. It's not about religion for me, it is about something that we can share. And I believe we're not the only ones.", Violet was getting slightly excited talking about her plans.

"Listen Myf, everything I do seems to be perceived as something bad, tainted and moraly questionable. I'm tired of explaining myself, I'm tired of justifying what I do or how I do it. I'm not a religious person myself, never was but the Wicca teachings make far more sense to me now. All I'm asking is to give it a thought, I'd really appreciate it.", Violet's eyes carefully searched Myfwany's and she gave her the warmest and most passionate smile she's ever seen.

Click to reveal..
Charisma+Rapport trying to win Myf's sympathy. First dice is Mega. (9d10.hits(7)=3) 3 suxx to win Myf's sympathy hoping to make her consider what V asked of her.

• 2 weeks later...

Myfwany couldn't help feeling a little bad for Violet. She'd never had anything against the girl herself, but she knew that she got a lot of bad press among the people on the Refuge. Myf didn't really care about living arrangements or who was boffing whom...that was all none of her beeswax anyway, and she was happy that it remain so.

As a result of her sympathy, she took great care in choosing her next words.

"I know you've had a rough time of it," Myf told Violet, meeting her purple eyes directly. "I'm really sorry about that. I'd be happy to help any way I can. All I can say is that I don't see you as bad or morally questionable as a person. You're a young woman who happens to be perfectly normal, except that you've got some abilities that you're struggling to adapt to." She nodded. "I can sympathize with that." Myfwany paused there to search Violet's expression. As much as Violet could read emotions, she was also in many ways the victim of emotions, and wasn't very good at hiding them.

"I've got no problems, personal or otherwise, with you taking up Wicca or whatever faith you think suits you. I just need you to understand that what I'm..." Shit. She hesitated, but only for a moment. Doctors were used to giving people bad news.

"What I'm about to say is not a comment on you. Nor is it a comment on Wicca. It has everything to do with who I am, as a person. I'm a skeptic, Violet. I'm an empiricist. Even now, even with...with...magic juju streaming out of my fingers every time I cough wrong, I'm still those things. I'm having to deal with a lot of things that are unexplained, but I am utterly confident that they -can- be explained and further, that they -will- be explained. We just need to learn more, look deeper."

She sighed. "So I'd be more than happy to talk to you about Wicca, or whatever you'd like to discuss. Just understand that I'd be approaching it from the viewpoint of one who questions and seeks to debunk...not as one of the faithful."

Violet realized that Myf wasn't as 'in to' the whole thing as she hoped. Nodding slowly more to herself she looked self consciously to the floor.

"It's ok, Myf... I still believe that you're far more special than most of the others. I understand your point of view, I mean being a Doctor and all. I suppose you've got to be like that because that's what you learned. I honestly don't care if there is a scientific explanation for what has going on and what happened to us. Maybe it's coincedence, maybe it's evolution, maybe it's divine. No one can really answer that question. I just hoped we'd have something in common beyond the 'magic juju'."

Violet sighed and exhaled slowly. Then she put on her best smile and tried to sound cheerful.

"Alright, then lets start with the scientific juju - want me to strip for you?", Violet had her hands already on the laces which barely contained her immense breasts in the corset she wore and was about to untie the knot.

The question was so far out of left field that Myf's mouth dropped open. A second later and her cheeks were absolutely BURNING red.

"Wait...just hold on a second." She laughed and held up a hand. "Time out. Let me catch up with you."

After that she couldn't help but laugh at herself. "Sorry, you got me that time. I'm impressed, I don't get gotten easily. Okay, before there's any stripping, for any reason, lets get it straight. Are you here for a physical, or are you experiencing any symptoms, or...refresh me on what it was you wanted to see me about."

Almost as an afterthought Myf adds, "And you know, I think we do have things in common, Violet. Just so you know."

Violet smiled at Myf and had to giggle herself as she slowly untied the knot of the corset.

"I want to know if it's safe for me to have children - and I'd like you to check on some of my more... unusual gifts. So I suppose it's a physical and a bit of the 'juju'.", she winked at Myf.

"Are you blushing? Am I turning you on?... I had no idea.", this time her smile was almost seductive while her bodylanguage was very direct.

Myfwany shook her head and took a deep breath, bringing her emotions to heel with long practice. When she spoke her voice and gaze were both steady.

"You don't have to be turned on to be embarrassed, Violet," she replied, "And you can sense my emotions, so you know that. So button that back up, and I'll show you to the examination room. There you can undress and put on a gown."

"Before that though, is there reason you have to suspect you're infertile? Have you had any pain, or unusual discharges?" She broke into a wry smile. "I won't bother to ask if you've had any trouble getting aroused."

"As for unusual gifts...what specifically do you mean?"

"I'm sorry... it's only I seem to be wired that way ever since...", she looked down at herself to make her point clear. With uncanny practice she tied the knot again and sighed making her breasts heave and bulge again.

"I'm not doing that all the time, Myf - I mean the emotion sensing. It gets... complicated sometimes. I was just assuming something that comes natural to me, I didn't mean to step over any boundaries here, I apologize for that."

After a short break she answered Myf's questions faithfully, "I'm actually not suspecting to be infertile - I think I can control when and how much I ovulate. At least that's how I feel about it. It would only be great to know if I'm right about that. I have absolutely no pain or unusual discharges. I feel better than ever. James wants to have children... and I would be the mother if he wants to. At least they'd be strong kids, I hope. If two supers have children it's likely their children will be super, too? Right?", her question sounded as innocent as naive.

"About the unusual gifts...", Violet hesitated and searched for the right words, "It's a bit complicated and... very private. Are you sure no one is around here? I don't want to cause another riot because of my abilities - that's why I asked if you can keep this between the two of us.", this time Violet's smile looked almost vulnerable. It was amazing how many different ways of expressions she had, as if a smile of hers could change a man's or woman's heart within a beat.

"We really have no way of knowing how these powers are transmitted yet," Myfwany answers. "It might be genetic and there for hereditary...or, if it's a divine gift, it may have absolutely nothing to do with parents. To be honest, right now I more of the opinion that it's some kind of environmental factor...but it's pure speculation on my part, so don't get upset."

"As for the rest, I'm your doctor. That means whatever you share is in confidence. Period." She smiled ruefully. "Of course, in a world where the next person you meet might read your mind, take that with a grain of salt."

Myf could tell that this was an answer Violet wasn't expecting. Their powers were not hereditary? Like everything since Z-Day no one could say what was possible and what wasn't. Violet wasn't upset but got suddenly very less cheerful than before.

Nodding at Myf the unearthly beauty followed Myf to the examination room. As she undressed and put on a gown which was ridiculously stretched across her mighty bosom. "I guess they didn't make these for my size.", Violet joked and winked at Myf.

"James knows most of what I'm capable of - which is natural considering how close we live. The same goes to the sisters - but they don't know about one thing which I've only used twice... in self-defense. I can make people sick or poison them. I think it can be deadly but I don't believe it'll be effective against Zombies, though. If you want you can take a sample."

After a short pause she quickly added, "The other thing I show after we're done with this, ok?"

Myfwany didn't seem particularly dismayed by Violet's news. She'd seen supers do things that were at least as deadly as any toxin, and some of them commanded forces that were on par with military firepower. Poison seemed mild in comparison.

"A sample, yes...actually, more than one would be useful. I'd like to concoct an antidote, in fact...just in case things get out of hand or something. Anything you can tell me about how the poison works would be useful too, since we can't very well run tests on live subjects."

"Anyway, we can get the samples later. Lets get this done first. up on the cot here and ankles in the stirrups. We don't have a real speculum here, but Dr.Singh had someone who knew how to work metal do up a pretty good substitute." Myf smiled. "And I'm not really a gynecologist either, so it probably works out."

The exam didn't take too long, though it was as uncomfortable as ever to experience. At the end Myf went to take her gloves off and came back to help Violet let her legs down.

She brought some beakers over too and said, "Alright, why don't you fill these with this venom you've got, and tell me whatever else is on your mind?"

The whole examination didn’t bother Violet as much as it used to when she was Jennifer. She generally felt better in her skin and she wanted to know if everything was ok so there was a motivation that helped her endure this awkward procedure.

Myf didn’t say anything and simply moved on and brought some beakers which Violet looked at with a raised eyebrow. She looked for some paper to apply the poison to and wetted her luscious lips. Myf could tell that something was happening there and Violet’s lips even changed it’s color for a brief moment. She then used a piece of toilet paper to wipe off the poison from her lips and put it in the beaker. That procedure got repeated several times until she was finished.

“Now that was odd…”, Violet said. “I’ve never done this before – the two occasions I made use of this was when I kissed someone but I think I can also use any other part of my body as long as I can make skin contact.”

Violet moved around to give Myf better access to the beakers. “About the other thing I had in mind… now that’s really complicated.”, Violet sighed and made a double take. “What if… what if being super has a lot to do with the Zombies directly? Like some people become Zombies and very few become supers. That’s like common knowledge but what does that mean? I know that James and the sisters are convinced that it kinda works that way and JoAnna is desperately trying to become super by…”, Violet shook her head and waved the thought off.

“Anyway – she is trying to get infected, but not by a Zombie, if you catch my drift. And something seems to be true about that because I helped James twice to become stronger and gain new powers by having sex with me. I don’t know if that’s really something I do but I have already done it twice…”, Violet searched Myf’s eyes unsure if what she was revealing right now was making sense or not to the Doctor.

Myfwany kept her face neutral as she collected the beakers and put them aside. She'd transfer the contents to dishes later. Right now there were vastly more important things to do.

She turned to face Violet again, not quite sure how to approach this.

"Violet...don't take this the wrong way, but people under stress...like we all definitely are...will often try to assert control over things they really have no control over. These super powers are a great example. None of us know why they exist, or what determines who gets them or which powers someone gets. Because of all that unknown, the brain will look for patterns, even if there aren't really any patterns to find. People use their birthdates for the lottery, as if that somehow improves their odds, for example."

"But what you and Joanne both need to understand is that we have no evidence, at all, that these powers can be transmitted. In fact, your relationship with Jill and Joanne suggests the exact opposite. I don't know what you and James experienced, but think about this. James went blind, and shortly after developed an ability to 'see' with other senses. Doesn't it make more sense to think that he developed that sense as a result of the stress of being blind, than because he had sex with you? I mean, look at Fox. He did things in Dallas he couldn't do before. And me...I've found I can see things I couldn't before. None of us have had sex with you."

She came over to put a comforting hand on Violet's shoulder. "I'm only saying this because these kinds of superstitions can spiral out of control. I've seen it happen. You end up spending all your time trying to exert this fantasy control over what can't be controlled...and in doing that, you pass up opportunities to have real control over real things. Like this pregnancy thing...that's real. Giving people super powers? Everything I've seen so far tells me that's not real. And imagine how much damage it could cause if that got out, and everyone in the camp started thinking they could 'catch' super powers like...like a common cold. Then, the bitterness when it turned out it doesn't work like that."

"Focus on what's real, Vi. What's right in front of you. Having an imagination is good, but you need to control it...not let it control you."

Myf could tell that she had hit a soft spot as Violet slowly started to cry. Control… everything was about control. The word seemed like a curse to her. No matter how hard she tried to be in control there was always something or someone who made her slip. Violet tried to swallow it down but couldn’t stop sobbing.

“I… I just…”, she knew Myf was right. It was more likely that this was a coincidence than ‘real’ science. There was no proof and Violet herself had to admit that she had gotten more powerful – even without having sex with James.

“I’m so sorry”, she admitted defeated and very embarrassed. “I’m such a fool. I actually hoped you’d say something different but it’s nonsense. It’s like everything I do ends up in a mess.”, she wiped a tear away.

“You see, that’s why I’m trying to find something that makes sense to me. I thought you were more ‘attuned’ to all this and that Wicca would come natural to you. I hoped to find a kindred spirit in you. I’m so sorry for assaulting you with all this.”, Violet was only barely calming down. What she needed right now was a hug but she didn’t want to break the patient/doctor barrier.

Doctor or no, Myfwany was a human being, and couldn't help but be moved by Violet's obvious pain. She reached out to take both of Violet's hands and squeezed them comfortingly.

"Hey," she said, "Relax, okay? Look at me. I'm not mad. I'm not upset. None of this is an assault. I'm really glad you came to me with these questions and these ideas."

"What you're going through is normal, Violet," Myf assured her. "I'm going through it too. The world's gone crazy, everything seems random and uncertain. The most natural thing to do is to try to find some kind of order, ANY kind of order. And there's nothing wrong with that...hell, come right down to it, that's all science is too."

Violet slowly nodded reassured by Myfwany’s compassionate words. Slowly her tears stopped and only an occasional sob made her hiccup involuntary.

“So you don’t think I’m an idiot? A stupid bimbo and James’ fuckbunny?”, Violet laughed a bit as she relaxed.

“Forget about that, it was silly.”, she said adding after a short break, “Thank you, Myf. You haven’t told me anything about my health. Am I ok to bear children?”

The question seemed ridiculous given Violet’s dramatic figure. Her body looked like it was designed to bear children and she radiated an extremely healthy aura, as if she was bursting with life.

"You are definitely not an idiot," Myfwany assured Violet. "I think all you really need is a good shot of confidence, and you'd find your whole world changes overnight."

She smiles. "Unfortunately, that's one drug I can't prescribe. Still, as far as your exam went, you're the picture of health. There's not even anything harmlessly wrong, in fact...none of the little bumps and bruises people naturally get in their lives. If this was a school test, I'd probably think you cheated."

"So, I don't see any reason you can't or shouldn't get pregnant. You're having regular periods, right?"

Violet hesitated briefly before she answered. "Well, I have if I want. I found out I can control when I get my period. It's been very handy to avoid getting pregnant but now I changed my mind and I wanted to make sure everything is just fine. Thanks, Myf!", her mood suddenly changed and became cheerful again. Violet bumped twice on her toes and gave Myf a very brief kiss on her cheek.

"Thank you for everything!"

Myfwany laughed self-consciously and touched the spot on her cheek Violet had kissed. Gratitude from patients wasn't unheard of, but she was used to thicker walls of conduct. It wasn't bad not to have them, but it was...an adjustment.

"Well, glad I could help."

It was later, after Violet had left and she was taking a break from reading the journal that she decided to take a look at the samples she'd taken from Violet's 'venom.'

Three minutes later, pale and shaking, she'd incinerated all of them. She spent the rest of that night working out out to say to Violet.

Archived