Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - [Teragen] Anyone in the Los angeles area?

I'll be ending my mad little trek across the USA in Los Angeles, as I have plans there that may take awhile. I'd dearly love if I can find people willing to help me out.

If you recognize the name, then yes, I'm that Icon. At the age of 18, I've decided to stretch my legs and make some room for myself. It would be nice to see some familiar people. If, on the other hand, I am familiar to you only as a source of unpleasant rumors and undeserved irate scorn, then please do not bother to show up. I am adamant about that. There is no need for us to fight amongst ourselves, when there are so many outside our ranks willing to fight us for whatever deluded reasons.

To those willing to extend some generosity, your assistance would be most appreciated. Let us live longer than our enemies, with more joy than we deserve.

Because I treat boys diffrent than girls ...

I live in LA and I wear a skin tight outfit. I may not be "nova" pretty, but I've been called handsome plenty of times. I even have a bit of a fan club.

Ah. I don't hold to that theory, but my upbringing was perhaps unusual compared to others.

And there are many praiseworthy things about wearing a skintight outfit and gaining fans because of it. Although I imagine the municipal defender avocation helps in that regard also. grin

Originally Posted By: Icon
I do quite appreciate the "almost." grin

Would it be alright to visit? The OpNet seems impersonal to me, and I'd like an actual presence to put with the posts.

Again, no offense, but I've had some pretty shitty experiences at the hands of pretty people. The only way to avoid getting shit on is to not hang out where they want to use the toilet.

Hang out where I do. It's quiet, simple, and people don't give a shit what you are or how pretty you might think you are.

Pretty novas don't really do much for me but gimme wood and a strong desire to knock their asses out.

Originally Posted By: Bastion
Hang out where I do. It's quiet, simple, and people don't give a shit what you are or how pretty you might think you are.

Pretty novas don't really do much for me but gimme wood and a strong desire to knock their asses out.

Good to hear from you, Bastion. Your fame precedes you.

Actually, Bastion?

Have you officially joined the Teragen? If so, congratulations! It's the first step to a greater future!

But if not...I had assumed that this was the Teragen-only forum on these boards. Was I mistaken?

Originally Posted By: Icon
Actually, Bastion?

Have you officially joined the Teragen? If so, congratulations! It's the first step to a greater future!

But if not...I had assumed that this was the Teragen-only forum on these boards. Was I mistaken?

Nope, it's supposed to be Terat only.

I do what I want, say what I want, go where I want, and I post where I want.

I'm a nova. Fuck you and your rules. No one tells me what to do.

I'm no Terat, and if you have a problem with me posting here, stop by L.A. and do something about it.

Bring an army.

He is admirably direct and to the point.

Elspeth, I don't know if you recall me. I have some brief memories of the time I was in Sierra Leone with the Pandaimonion, and we met briefly. You were very busy at the time with some unpleasantness or another, and I certainly hope you and yours are doing well.

You are hard to forget even if the meeting was brief.

Things at home are going, but it is difficult. PU is flexing their muscles and influencing the corporations to treat us unfairly. They don't want to accept fair trade agreements, they have us in a bad position so they are using that to try and make us accept bad deals. In the mean time many people are getting hungry here.

It should be over soon.

grin You're very kind.

I hope to establish myself here in Los Angeles fairly quickly. I would be honored, once so established, if you could take time and visit. My first glimpses of the city...well, despite what they say about the expansion of Mumbai's Bollywood, this city still has quite many things to do and many ways to draw one in. My impromptu entourage has been very helpful. smile

It's so frustrating unpacking even the limited supplies I brought with me. I so much just want to sightsee! There are some impressive spots to watch the people and enjoy the scenery. I've certainly found the natives quite friendly, despite the stereotypes to the contrary. Be careful, though: traffic around here is dangerous! I can't begin to tell you the number of car accidents that I've seen up close and personal these past few days.

Well, I am a Terat. Hau, Icon. I am not in Los Angeles - it is not my element - but I welcome you to the message board.

Oh, and Bastion? I'm still waiting for that visit. Inyan Kara. Black Hills, first mountain on the left. Can't miss it.

- Ptehehincalasanwin

Ptesan-Wi, greetings! Your reputation precedes you.

Well, if anyone knows alternate means of contacting people in the LA area, I'm looking for a place to crash until I can get a base of operations set up.

Elspeth, when I get set up, we should discuss my getting a fundraiser/awareness concert set up for you. Publicity is something that PU shies away from like vampires hate sunlight. The Directive also.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived